Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 451. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 1
Guys, is there a definite reference somewhere about what exactly you can set "-dcri" to?  Intensity 5-9 doesn't seem to make much difference for me as far as the output effective in MHash/sec, anyway.

I remember seeing "-dcri 30" somewhere, but I can't put my finger on it.  Seems way out of what I remember.

I am trying "-dcri 12" right now, just to see if it really moves the Mhash/sec

See the Readme.txt file.

The highest value for the "-dcri" switch is 100.  Typically the miner uses 30 by default.
Maybe, but for "-ethi" (I mistyped the OG message, and added "or '-ethi" later), it's 16 (for nVidia cards, at least).  If you try something higher than that, it displays a message that "16 is the highest" (and 8 is default - I finally found it in the "README" file).

As others above have pointed out, you can adjust the intensity on the fly in either direction by using the (+) or (–) keys on your numpad.
Actually, no - you can't.  Only works on AMD-based GPUs, not at all for nVidia even if you turn on "-asm 1" as it suggests when you try it with only nVidia cards.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
My rigs lost conection to the pool for ten minutes. After that I had "Failover 7" message in statistics? What is the meaning of this message?
Activity: 5
Guys, is there a definite reference somewhere about what exactly you can set "-dcri" to?  Intensity 5-9 doesn't seem to make much difference for me as far as the output effective in MHash/sec, anyway.

I remember seeing "-dcri 30" somewhere, but I can't put my finger on it.  Seems way out of what I remember.

See the Readme.txt file.

The highest value for the "-dcri" switch is 100.  Typically the miner uses 30 by default.

As others above have pointed out, you can adjust the intensity on the fly in either direction by using the (+) or (–) keys on your numpad.
Activity: 1
v10.4:

- fixed issue with rejected shares in ETH+SIA mode for Vega cards.
- improved watchdog for temperature/fan management thread.

I'm have a problem when running it as a Task, the gpu infos(temperature and fan speed) don't show on web monitor. If I run normally by clicking in the start.bat, it works as expected.

It is not a problem in just the 10.4 version, I have used the 10.3 for a while and it never showed the gpu info when running as task.

I have the problem in two computers, the same config, both with one with XFX Rx 580 8GB or other with 4GB;

The configuration on the task or in the start.bat file is the same, I tried -wd 1, which is the default, but didn't work.

Someone else has the same problem?

The same problem with the last version 10.5

10.3, 10.5 - I cannot control fan. I have Adrenalin 18.1.1.
Activity: 574
Merit: 261
hello, I have put the rig of mined by wifi, the wifi works perfectly arrives all the signal and the rig has internet, the problem comes when I put the claymore to mine, it appears "Socket was closed remotely (by pool)", I have been investigating and I can not find any information so I had to put it back in the other room with the network cable. Any help around here?

Im using powerline adapter and i can move my rig where i want... try to search on ebay for powerline adapter (my one is 200mbps). i hope this helps.
Smiley

I think that if you use a WiFi dongle and put the dongle on a USB extension lead the problems with the WiFi interfering with Claymore is removed, I'm going to give this a try in the next couple of weeks and see what happens.
Activity: 574
Merit: 261
Hi Claymore.
Do you have any solution for Dual mining or we just have to accept defeat by the big daddy ASIC?   Cheesy

I think you will have to kiss Siacoin goodbye as far a GPU mining goes, with the influx of ASICs it's pointless now.
Look at this Siacon difficulty chart https://siastats.info/mining.html - unbelievable !
Activity: 19
How much stale shares per hour are normal ?
Got 5% average, and sometimes 10-12%

And does the GPU powersaving option in the settings reduce the Hashrate and power cosume too ? - never try this yet
Because I will get a overheating problem in my serverroom with my 18 r9 390 cards, any hints ?
Damn! That's _WAY_ higher than I even guessed it could be.  I'll set it to 35 and let 'er rip for a while.  I'm still a noob, no doubt about it, but I do remember seeing "30" listed somewhere.  I thought it was a single digit, and as I recall it's set to 9 by default?

Anyway, let's see how it rides.  My mining rig with dual Asus RX590's and a Asus GTX1080 GPUs will be put together next week.

One a side note, I sure am glad that I purchased my video cards back during the holiday season instead of postponing it until I was ready to invest more heavily.  The prices I found when I went looking yesterday are just freaking insane!  My 1080 "OC" version is now going to around $900, and that's IF you can find it.  Darned RX590's are up to $600/$750 again - IFF.  I went back and looked at the "README" file and it does discuss it somewhat, but nothing truly conclusive about what you want/need, especially for nVidia-based GPUs.

One other side note that I should post while I am thinking about it, since I feel certain that Claymore actually reads this thread: "Please!" blank out or mask the -mport -mpsw in the log files: I wanted a friend to take a look at them to see what he might notice as far as my restart problem and noticed that it's printed in clear text at the top of the log when the command-line is echo'd out to the log.  Not good security, and we have enough things to remember these days.

Thanks, everyone!

P.S.: I noted when I tried "-ecri 35" that the max possible (at least for nVidia, I guess) is 16.  That's where I am at this point.

Use numpad + - to set DCRI on the fly, then press "S" for stats, you can rough tune pretty quickly, This method sets for all cards, so if you have mixed cards, tune for each card, update batch file or config file, then restart. For 580s 35 may be decent if clocks aren't too low.

BTW, hook me up with an "RX 590" would ya?
Well, I thought the same thing after re-reading the README file, but it's not the case for nVidia-based GPUs, only for AMD.  I have a pair of OC'd RX 580's (one Asus 8GB "Top" OC and one Sapphire "Nitro+" 4GB) cards sitting here waiting for my DOA Z270 mobo to get back to me, so I'll be able to tune those more easily, obviously.

I haven't seen the stats ("s" key while running) with an AMD-based GPU yet, but nVidia cards apparently don't show that much except basic stats.  Of course the hash rate is there...
Activity: 10
hello, I have put the rig of mined by wifi, the wifi works perfectly arrives all the signal and the rig has internet, the problem comes when I put the claymore to mine, it appears "Socket was closed remotely (by pool)", I have been investigating and I can not find any information so I had to put it back in the other room with the network cable. Any help around here?

Im using powerline adapter and i can move my rig where i want... try to search on ebay for powerline adapter (my one is 200mbps). i hope this helps.
Smiley
Activity: 42
Activity: 449
Merit: 251
Guys, is there a definite reference somewhere about what exactly you can set "-ecri" to?  Intensity 5-9 doesn't seem to make much difference for me as far as the output effective in MHash/sec, anyway.

I remember seeing "-dcri 30" (or "-ecri 30") somewhere, but I can't put my finger on it.  Seems way out of what I remember.

It varies a lot based on what GPU, and what coin. Decred you use higher -dcri than sia, an pascal even lower.  Nvidia cards are pretty bad at dual mining. For 580 it may vary between 10-40 depending on algorithm and clocks.
Damn! That's _WAY_ higher than I even guessed it could be.  I'll set it to 35 and let 'er rip for a while.  I'm still a noob, no doubt about it, but I do remember seeing "30" listed somewhere.  I thought it was a single digit, and as I recall it's set to 9 by default?

Anyway, let's see how it rides.  My mining rig with dual Asus RX590's and a Asus GTX1080 GPUs will be put together next week.

One a side note, I sure am glad that I purchased my video cards back during the holiday season instead of postponing it until I was ready to invest more heavily.  The prices I found when I went looking yesterday are just freaking insane!  My 1080 "OC" version is now going to around $900, and that's IF you can find it.  Darned RX590's are up to $600/$750 again - IFF.  I went back and looked at the "README" file and it does discuss it somewhat, but nothing truly conclusive about what you want/need, especially for nVidia-based GPUs.

One other side note that I should post while I am thinking about it, since I feel certain that Claymore actually reads this thread: "Please!" blank out or mask the -mport -mpsw in the log files: I wanted a friend to take a look at them to see what he might notice as far as my restart problem and noticed that it's printed in clear text at the top of the log when the command-line is echo'd out to the log.  Not good security, and we have enough things to remember these days.

Thanks, everyone!

P.S.: I noted when I tried "-ecri 35" that the max possible (at least for nVidia, I guess) is 16.  That's where I am at this point.

Use numpad + - to set DCRI on the fly, then press "S" for stats, you can rough tune pretty quickly, This method sets for all cards, so if you have mixed cards, tune for each card, update batch file or config file, then restart. For 580s 35 may be decent if clocks aren't too low.

BTW, hook me up with an "RX 590" would ya?
Activity: 16
Was there an optimization between Claymore 10.3 and 10.6? Today I updated and my temperatures dropped by about 8 degrees, and the fans went from going to 57-60% to 43-47% of use
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
HI everyone, sorry for my ignorant questions, have been busy for a while to track news. How is AMD doing with DAG problem? Any official fix? While it was hardware level problem they made some workaround?

How much MH/s 570/580 BIOS modded/not modded can push at the moment?
Activity: 50
Dual mining is over folks. Maybe there is another hash algorithm suitable for dual mining,  if there is i am sure claymore will do it.
Guys, is there a definite reference somewhere about what exactly you can set "-ecri" to?  Intensity 5-9 doesn't seem to make much difference for me as far as the output effective in MHash/sec, anyway.

I remember seeing "-dcri 30" (or "-ecri 30") somewhere, but I can't put my finger on it.  Seems way out of what I remember.

It varies a lot based on what GPU, and what coin. Decred you use higher -dcri than sia, an pascal even lower.  Nvidia cards are pretty bad at dual mining. For 580 it may vary between 10-40 depending on algorithm and clocks.

Thanks, everyone!

Activity: 449
Merit: 251
Guys, is there a definite reference somewhere about what exactly you can set "-dcri" to?  Intensity 5-9 doesn't seem to make much difference for me as far as the output effective in MHash/sec, anyway.

I remember seeing "-dcri 30" somewhere, but I can't put my finger on it.  Seems way out of what I remember.

It varies a lot based on what GPU, and what coin. Decred you use higher -dcri than sia, an pascal even lower.  Nvidia cards are pretty bad at dual mining. For 580 it may vary between 10-40 depending on algorithm and clocks.
Guys, is there a definite reference somewhere about what exactly you can set "-dcri" to?  Intensity 5-9 doesn't seem to make much difference for me as far as the output effective in MHash/sec, anyway.

I remember seeing "-dcri 30" somewhere, but I can't put my finger on it.  Seems way out of what I remember.

Start with -dcri 1 and increase using your + keyboard key and see whats best for you... just increase slowly.
Anyone correct me if i'm wrong

I think that it doesn’t work with nvidia gpus. With amd just test with + and - till you get the best results.
Yeah, unfortunately with nVidia cards, even if you enable "-asm 1" (like it tells you), it doesn't work.  That's - currently, anyway - AMD chip GPUs only.

Besides, at least with my 1070 it doesn't show that value on-screen (at least I don't recall seeing it, and I _have_ been watching it!
Activity: 182
Merit: 101

Start with -dcri 1 and increase using your + keyboard key and see whats best for you... just increase slowly.

I think that it doesn’t work with nvidia gpus. With amd just test with + and - till you get the best results.
Activity: 14

Jump to: