Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 450. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 12
got 12 x Vega64 (2rigs) mining ETH steady and stable at 44+MH/s

bought 2 Vega FE for trials, using the same settings as the 64s I'm getting 42+MH/s (im testing running 4 simultaneous threads on cryptonight, but thats a different can of worms)

any suggestions or thoughts as to why the FE is 4.5% slower? and how to rectify?

thnx

how do you keep your vegas at 44 mhs? mine start at 44 then drop to 39

my journey from the beginning is detailed here
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.25986603
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Hey people! Is there any possibility of audible warning using the web browser monitoring?
Activity: 18
I have disable the auto Windows10 Pro update in the “services.msc”.
But after a day or so of continuous mining, the disabled Windows Update service becomes Enabled by itself.
Can anyone in the forum comment? Is this normal? How to permanently disable auto Windows Update?
Thanks
Activity: 22
Is there a pool that charges less than 1%?
There are some and they have running costs. Server, software and so on. Claymore doesn't have. This has nothing to do with communism. I think a lot of people aren't aware that he makes so much money. So if you could disable developer fee and have the same hashrate, that would be ok. A lot of people wouldn't care if dev fee is the default option, so he still had enough money.

Name a pool under 1%.

Claymore has running costs, testing, adding new features, maintaining compatibility with drivers, the list goes on. Obviously you are not a software developer at all, because you are so uninformed it is absolutely stunning.

Don't use the software. You aren't worthy.
Activity: 1
Hi guys,

Do you know why my XFX RX 580 gpus are making this weird fan sound when mining ETH solo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-PkPG4Lpzk

It only happens with ETH and I am using the following settings:

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal xxxxxxxxr -epsw x -mode 1
# -ftime 10 -cclock 1100 -cvddc 850 -mclock 2000 -mvddc 850 -tstop 80 -tt 70 -fanmin 40 -fanmax 100

Also there are a lot of memory errors only in 1 gpu, which is always different after I restart the miner.

Thanks.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

bought 2 Vega FE for trials, using the same settings as the 64s I'm getting 42+MH/s (im testing running 4 simultaneous threads on cryptonight, but thats a different can of worms)

any suggestions or thoughts as to why the FE is 4.5% slower? and how to rectify?

thnx

how do you keep your vegas at 44 mhs? mine start at 44 then drop to 39
Hi!

I have a problem with the stability, every 30-40 minutes the miner stops, and the pc freezes (Here was an exception, it runed 7 days in a row). The log file message is: checking pool connection. The internet for the pc is connected by cable. I tryed with 0 oc but the problem is the same.

Here's a part of my log file:
11:59:18:923   17fc   ETH - Total Speed: 147.919 Mh/s, Total Shares: 103, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:40
11:59:18:939   17fc   ETH: GPU0 25.011 Mh/s, GPU1 25.114 Mh/s, GPU2 25.116 Mh/s, GPU3 24.972 Mh/s, GPU4 22.692 Mh/s, GPU5 25.015 Mh/s
11:59:18:986   129c   GPU 0 temp = 59, old fan speed = 92, new fan speed = 91
11:59:19:002   129c   GPU 1 temp = 66, old fan speed = 94, new fan speed = 100
11:59:19:002   129c   GPU 2 temp = 59, old fan speed = 74, new fan speed = 74
11:59:19:002   129c   GPU 3 temp = 50, old fan speed = 64, new fan speed = 70
11:59:19:002   129c   GPU 4 temp = 65, old fan speed = 94, new fan speed = 100
11:59:19:017   129c   GPU 5 temp = 64, old fan speed = 94, new fan speed = 100
11:59:21:424   17fc   ETH: checking pool connection...
11:59:21:502   17fc   send: {"worker": "", "jsonrpc": "2.0", "params": [], "id": 3, "method": "eth_getWork"}
11:59:31:722   17fc   ETH: checking pool connection...

Here's my rig:
 -motherbouard: asus z170a
 -procesor: intel G4400
 -ram: hyperx fury 4gb
 -PSU: 2xcorsair cs750m
 -GPU: 1x gigabyte rx570 4gb
               5x asus rx 570 4gb
 -006risers

Driver: win10-64bit-crimson-relive-beta-blockchain-workloads-
Miner: Claymore 10.5

Thanks!
Activity: 906
Merit: 507
Hi Claymore.
Do you have any solution for Dual mining or we just have to accept defeat by the big daddy ASIC?   Cheesy

I think you will have to kiss Siacoin goodbye as far a GPU mining goes, with the influx of ASICs it's pointless now.
Look at this Siacon difficulty chart https://siastats.info/mining.html - unbelievable !
Ya DCR has spiked way up also it's bullshit these asics companies cant leave shit alone they where making enough money selling scrypt and btc miners now they had to fuck this up the other problem is unless your a big miner, have connections or are lucky and check at the right time you cant get your hands on one without paying out the ass but its ok the asic miners will mine the fuck out of these few coins than they'll all be bitching about roi and how they got screwed
Activity: 182
Merit: 12

thnx

Activity: 42
hello, I have put the rig of mined by wifi, the wifi works perfectly arrives all the signal and the rig has internet, the problem comes when I put the claymore to mine, it appears "Socket was closed remotely (by pool)", I have been investigating and I can not find any information so I had to put it back in the other room with the network cable. Any help around here?

Im using powerline adapter and i can move my rig where i want... try to search on ebay for powerline adapter (my one is 200mbps). i hope this helps.
Smiley

I think that if you use a WiFi dongle and put the dongle on a USB extension lead the problems with the WiFi interfering with Claymore is removed, I'm going to give this a try in the next couple of weeks and see what happens.

Ok, when you try it on, let me know. Thanks
Activity: 8
I would like to purchase the SimpleRigResetter but it is out of stock, is there an alternative to it that also works with simplemining?
Activity: 65
I've been running V10.6 with my 12 x 1070 overclocked rig. I think it's like 1-2% faster, but I am not sure because it might just as well be pure noise to be honest. I will see if my average hashrate changes on Nanopool.

I think you need to run it for 24 hours and check the shares from the pool to make sure the speed difference.
Activity: 239
Merit: 10
Is it possible one rig to mine to different wallets or pools in same time? I’m asking beginner question, sorry for that. Me and my friend have rig with 6 GPUs, 4 of them are mine, 2 are to my friend. We want to start mining GPU 0-3 to mine on my wallet, 4-5 GPU to mine on his wallet.

Any solution is welcome!

Thank you in advance

You can run two instances of miner. In miner initialisation string you can select what GPU will be used.

Something like that. Please note that I get example from other Claymore miner (provided by @CallMeBamby) but syntax is pretty the same
Just check it against README file.

Claymore copy No.1, this will enable cards 0 to 3.
Code:
NsGpuCNMiner -xpool stratum+tcp://pool.electroneum.space:3333 -xwal
-xpsw x -allpools 1 -d1 0123

Claymore copy No.2, this will enable cards  4 to 5.
Code:
NsGpuCNMiner -xpool stratum+tcp://pool.electroneum.space:3333 -xwal
-xpsw x -allpools 1 -d1 45
Activity: 239
hello, I have put the rig of mined by wifi, the wifi works perfectly arrives all the signal and the rig has internet, the problem comes when I put the claymore to mine, it appears "Socket was closed remotely (by pool)", I have been investigating and I can not find any information so I had to put it back in the other room with the network cable. Any help around here?

HIVE OS https://hiveos.farm declares WIFI support. It is free up to 3 rigs. BTW I do not try the feature opting to Powerline connection. Works for me.
Is it possible one rig to mine to different wallets or pools in same time? I’m asking beginner question, sorry for that. Me and my friend have rig with 6 GPUs, 4 of them are mine, 2 are to my friend. We want to start mining GPU 0-3 to mine on my wallet, 4-5 GPU to mine on his wallet.

Any solution is welcome!

Thank you in advance
Activity: 8
Hey guys,
I just released an iPhone app that monitors claymore rigs remotely after figuring out that something like that would come very handy, at least for me Smiley
Focus was really to make it simple and running in few minutes without the hassle of configuring firewalls, port forwarding...., but still to be able to get the data out when i am away + get alerts if anything is wrong.

Take a look in iTunes store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/remote-claymore-monitor-rcm/id1336048082?ls=1&mt=8

Hopefully it will be helpful for you as it is for me. Of course, as this is the first release it will evolve over time with with things you would like to see, let me know what features you would like in app like that.

It works free for few days then it's 1.99 monthly via itunes subscription. I think it's worth the value. If anyone has interest and time, try it off and let me know pls.

Activity: 449
Merit: 251
HI everyone, sorry for my ignorant questions, have been busy for a while to track news. How is AMD doing with DAG problem? Any official fix? While it was hardware level problem they made some workaround?

How much MH/s 570/580 BIOS modded/not modded can push at the moment?
AMD released a blockchain driver nearly 6 months ago to fix the slowdown....

570/580 can get 28-30MH with reasonable clocks with bios mod.

http://www.overclock.net/forum/67-amd-ati/1604567-polaris-bios-editing-rx5xx-rx4xx.html
Activity: 449
Merit: 251
Guys, is there a definite reference somewhere about what exactly you can set "-dcri" to?  Intensity 5-9 doesn't seem to make much difference for me as far as the output effective in MHash/sec, anyway.

I remember seeing "-dcri 30" somewhere, but I can't put my finger on it.  Seems way out of what I remember.

I am trying "-dcri 12" right now, just to see if it really moves the Mhash/sec

See the Readme.txt file.

The highest value for the "-dcri" switch is 100.  Typically the miner uses 30 by default.
Maybe, but for "-ethi" (I mistyped the OG message, and added "or '-ethi" later), it's 16 (for nVidia cards, at least).  If you try something higher than that, it displays a message that "16 is the highest" (and 8 is default - I finally found it in the "README" file).

As others above have pointed out, you can adjust the intensity on the fly in either direction by using the (+) or (–) keys on your numpad.
Actually, no - you can't.  Only works on AMD-based GPUs, not at all for nVidia even if you turn on "-asm 1" as it suggests when you try it with only nVidia cards.

You can use + and - to adjust dual mining intensity on the fly on ANY GPU. Nvidia just don't have ASM kernels for mining, so they are pretty poor dual miners. They were poor in comparison before ASM was used to dual mining anyway, and Nvidia only likes to support CUDA so I don't see it changing.

You can set -dcri higher than 100, I have set it to several hundred when testing dual mining on certain cards with certain algorithms. It's a bit pointless though except on certain Nvidia cards.
Activity: 140
HI everyone, sorry for my ignorant questions, have been busy for a while to track news. How is AMD doing with DAG problem? Any official fix? While it was hardware level problem they made some workaround?

How much MH/s 570/580 BIOS modded/not modded can push at the moment?
Activity: 129
Merit: 6
Long term HODLer since 2014
I've been running V10.6 with my 12 x 1070 overclocked rig. I think it's like 1-2% faster, but I am not sure because it might just as well be pure noise to be honest. I will see if my average hashrate changes on Nanopool.
Jump to: