Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] MtRed (PPS, LP+, API, 0 FEE) STRATUM on mine.mtred.com:3333 - page 28. (Read 176141 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Asking if orphan blocks are paid is pretty moot if the pool is paying with PPS anyways. Doesn't matter if a block is 100,000,000 shares and orphans. You were paid per share Tongue
PPS that only pays out on blockfind is pretty unusual, I think that was a valid question and had wondered myself how it worked with orphans Smiley

Two reasons, 1 it's legacy code that really didn't need to be re-written. 2, we pay out (50+ Found block fees)/Diff per-share, so we need to wait on the block to know the fee.

Given that you're not taking a fee, paying out per day or per several blocks would help reduce your risk as a pool op. I don't know that miners would mind too much since they are mining here for free.

well they already wait full 120 confirmations
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Nom Nom Nom
Hi redditorex
I cant mine on pa.mtred.com
can you activate my account for mining on pa.mtred.com
Thx

Code:
16:06 <@MtRedMining> pa.mtred.com isn't working with the latest worker/pass
                     logins
16:07 < Ssateneth> wait
16:07 < Ssateneth> so are my shares not being accounted for?
16:07 < Ssateneth> >.>
16:07 <@MtRedMining> if you can login
16:07 <@MtRedMining> they are
16:07 <@MtRedMining> if you cant connect your worker/pass isn't in the db on
                     that side
16:07 < Ssateneth> they're mining so i'm going to assume they're accounted for,
                   right?
16:07 < Ssateneth> ok

working on it with this mornings backup
legendary
Activity: 1753
Merit: 1007
Hi redditorex
I cant mine on pa.mtred.com
can you activate my account for mining on pa.mtred.com
Thx
Nom Nom Nom
There are connectivity issues with MtRed for mining as well as the web site for everyone.

The web site frequently goes down and comes up and the mining portal does the same.

Working on it with ISP.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Any idea why not just the pool, but also the website is down? I've got backups running with CGMiner, but I prefer MtRed over BTCGuild and Eligius
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
The cause is probably your network latency to the main mtred server. The server determines your MHash rate from the rate that you submit shares (not how fast you may compute locally).
Activity: 504
What miner are you using? MtRed shows your hashrate based on shares submitted.
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
Look ARROUND!
I have a prob with this pool.  My hash rate according to my rig is showing always ~850Mhash even currently, however on MtRed, hash is showing ~600Mhash anytime i check.  Why is there so much of a difference?
Activity: 686
c'mon Graet, do you really think they'll read that whole post?  Here, let me bold part of it for them.

huh wut post

Cheesy
Activity: 807
To go into it a little deeper, when Mt.Red was a proportional pool the payout code look like this
Code:
$reward = ($tx['amount']/$roundshares)*$user->roundshares;
when we went full pps it was a simple change of $roundshares to $difficulty
Code:
$reward = ($tx['amount']/$difficulty)*$user->roundshares;
This works well because like I said above, it includes the tx fee's in the user reward, it will also handle the reward halving with 0 modification to the code.

Cheers,
RR
you know if you looked back just one page.......
c'mon Graet, do you really think they'll read that whole post?  Here, let me bold part of it for them.
vip
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
To go into it a little deeper, when Mt.Red was a proportional pool the payout code look like this
Code:
Code:
This works well because like I said above, it includes the tx fee's in the user reward, it will also handle the reward halving with 0 modification to the code.

Cheers,
RR
you know if you looked back just one page.......
Activity: 686
so you include tx fee's to PPS miners?

That's a good question. A pps pool that pays out tx fees would be cool. And that could be done two ways, proportionately (No risk for rex), or adding the tx to the pps calculation (even more risk Tongue). So if a block was 51BTC (50 + 1tx) then the pps would be 51/difficulty. That would work with mtred because it pays out at the end of rounds.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 502
so you include tx fee's to PPS miners?
Nom Nom Nom
Asking if orphan blocks are paid is pretty moot if the pool is paying with PPS anyways. Doesn't matter if a block is 100,000,000 shares and orphans. You were paid per share Tongue
PPS that only pays out on blockfind is pretty unusual, I think that was a valid question and had wondered myself how it worked with orphans Smiley

Two reasons, 1 it's legacy code that really didn't need to be re-written. 2, we pay out (50+ Found block fees)/Diff per-share, so we need to wait on the block to know the fee.

Given that you're not taking a fee, paying out per day or per several blocks would help reduce your risk as a pool op. I don't know that miners would mind too much since they are mining here for free.

Yes, This too.
We get a lot of 2xDiff rounds, followed by a quick block that only pays 1-2BTC.
vip
redditorrex thanks for the explanation Smiley
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.

Nom Nom Nom
Code:
Code:

Cheers,
RR
Nom Nom Nom

vip
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004
Pages:
Jump to: