Pages:
Author

Topic: COINDASH - Future of trading - Token Sale 17th July 2017 - page 10. (Read 198661 times)

Activity: 374
Merit: 250
For exactly how long was the fake address up?
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
I saw yesterday a thread saying that the project coops in hack, which I ask, whether the bounty campaign participants will still get rewards? Because I heard that the coindash lost more than 40k ETH
Activity: 183
HUDI
In site a new message:

Dear CoinDash contributors,

CoinDash Team Shanghai, Tel Aviv - 18.7.2017.

The CoinDash Token Sale opened to the public on July 17 at 13:00PM GMT, starting with a 15 minute heads up for whitelist contributors. During these 15 minutes, 148 whitelisted contributors sent 39,000 ETH to the token sale smart contract that were secured with a multisig wallet.

The moment the token sale went public, the CoinDash website was hacked and a malicious address replaced the CoinDash Token Sale address. As a result, more than 2,000 investors sent ETH to the malicious address. The stolen ETH amounted to a total of 37,000 ETH.

CoinDash has launched an internet forensic investigation to determine who was behind the hack. We will do our best to identify the responsible parties, and are exploring options for further assistance. We have contacted law enforcement agencies and fully cooperate with them on all matters of this incident the community and our contributors will be updated as soon as we have answers.

CoinDash will credit investors who sent ETH to the fraudulent address with the CDT amount they would have received by sending their ETH to the correct smart contract address. We are currently gathering information regarding each of the attack victims and will release the complete list for our contributors and community review shortly. CoinDash will further compensate its contributors using the resources at its disposal. More details will be released as soon as we have a complete list of all the people who were affected by this attack.

We considered many alternative routes to ensure that our investors are made whole to the best of our abilities and the token sale remains fair. Distributing the tokens is the only way to ensure its value will not be lost completely. It is incumbent upon us as a company to continue to build the product that our investors valued.

The only way now is to move forward. The company’s vision is intact and the products we are developing are still in high demand (even more so now). Such malicious attacks will not divert us from developing a product that will make crypto investments more accessible to the public.

We are amazed and humbled by the support and patience shown from our core community, early sponsors, contributors and advisory. We suffered a hit and there are no simple or easy solutions, just hard work and improvements ahead of us.

We will continue and update the community on a daily basis. For more information and updates, please visit our website coindash.io. It is clear to us that the road ahead will be challenging and your continued faith in our project is without a doubt the main reason for us to continue and create the future of trading.

Sincerely and respectfully,

Alon Muroch, Adam Efrima and the CoinDash team.

Hahahaha... Now is 8m$!!!

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I think it is a pity that the promising project is destroyed by the hackers. But we should note that the security of the website is so important that the following ICO projects should be very carefully.
Activity: 127
Merit: 10
Any info on the Yunbi listing?
Activity: 128
This is all a mess. It will still be full of fud if the project goes on like they said as promised the team will work as hard twice as much as possible.  Money has been lost already. I don't think these investors will keep their money still for this project if they have the chance to get it back, they will will withdraw their funds.
But i don't think there is a chance to refund , so let's try to reduce our loss by pushing the project go ahead.I think that's the only way .
Activity: 938
Merit: 502
Any updates on the circumstances causing the hack? Myself, and many others want to know the causes and lack of security that allowed such a thing to happen.
Activity: 449
World peace
I thought that this project would be wow, I still think so, because the idea is brilliant.
It's a pity that this happened with this project.
legendary
Activity: 2478
Merit: 1018
This is all a mess. It will still be full of fud if the project goes on like they said as promised the team will work as hard twice as much as possible.  Money has been lost already. I don't think these investors will keep their money still for this project if they have the chance to get it back, they will will withdraw their funds.
Activity: 294
Devs when can we expect whitelist refund?

There is a screenshot from slack couple posts over you where the team says there will be no refunds of eth.

They have to if they do not want the token's value drop.

My prediction: No Eth returned, coins for everyone, some extracoins for whitelisters, promises of x4 workloads for team, big dump at opening on ED and months of slow agony but who knows if they really work that hard there might still be a chance people see some returns in the end...I wish you people the best!

There is a screenshot from slack couple posts over you where the team says there will be no refunds of eth.

They have to if they do not want the token's value drop.
Activity: 294

Now I want to know when the CDT distribution would be happened?I know refund is impossible , so let's keep moving.

It happened immediately. Bounties and scam reimbursement should happen much later to prevent dumps.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
This is terrible.
Activity: 128
Now I want to know when the CDT distribution would be happened?I know refund is impossible , so let's keep moving.
Activity: 392
Activity: 270
Merit: 101
I disagre with you whale123

For you all investors know what is the difference between a wallet address and a contract address  ?
No, a lot of people didn't know that

So if someone can explain here how to do To verify an address to avoid this kind of thing, explain us.

All you have to do is open ETH address in etherscan.io and check if it has 'Contract Code' tab. Please compare these two:
- https://etherscan.io/address/0x6a164122d5cf7c840d26e829b46dcc4ed6c0ae48
-

The one without contract is not for sure ICO address

Is not really a perfect example .... if you notice in the contract code there is the option "verify and publish" ... a legitimate contract should be "verified and published" with code and everything ... a correct example is near this :
https://etherscan.io/address/0xd0a6e6c54dbc68db5db3a091b171a77407ff7ccf

Yes, you're right. My point was that fake address did not have contract at all so it should raise a red flag
Activity: 334
So the devs are holding people's ETH hostage and have yet not released CDT rebuy contract? It someone has Reddit account post it in r/ethtrader. Newbie accounts can not post there.
Activity: 133
I disagre with you whale123

For you all investors know what is the difference between a wallet address and a contract address  ?
No, a lot of people didn't know that

So if someone can explain here how to do To verify an address to avoid this kind of thing, explain us.

All you have to do is open ETH address in etherscan.io and check if it has 'Contract Code' tab. Please compare these two:
- https://etherscan.io/address/0x6a164122d5cf7c840d26e829b46dcc4ed6c0ae48
-

The one without contract is not for sure ICO address

Is not really a perfect example .... if you notice in the contract code there is the option "verify and publish" ... a legitimate contract should be "verified and published" with code and everything ... a correct example is near this :
https://etherscan.io/address/0xd0a6e6c54dbc68db5db3a091b171a77407ff7ccf
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
Who shud I contact? I like to spend 300 eth to investigate this.... help?

Lawyer. He will do all the rest including filling the police report (if this makes sense to do).
Pages:
Jump to: