Pages:
Author

Topic: CryptoKingdom Uncensored - page 13. (Read 69543 times)

Activity: 111
Merit: 12
March 12, 2018, 11:08:00 AM
Yes, go for it! It has been a long wait, any idea when the game could start on a new codebase, before or after the summer?
Activity: 756
Merit: 268
March 12, 2018, 01:18:29 AM
The only reservation I have is for the accounts 'Soul' and 'LittleFlock', afaik Risto maintained they were real people...

Based on history, both of these were played by Risto. Many times on the forum, Risto took on the "role" of these accounts. In the game, Risto pretty much used both accounts as his personal reserves, and it is remembered they were utilized during the depo nonsense as well. If, in the deep past, Risto made an arrangement with some outside party regarding these accounts, then they should get in touch with him. 

I agree with Loaf, those people should get in touch with Risto and get refunded directly from him, they never played these accounts themselves, and probably don't exist anyway.
Activity: 763
Merit: 534
March 12, 2018, 01:07:46 AM
The only reservation I have is for the accounts 'Soul' and 'LittleFlock', afaik Risto maintained they were real people...

Based on history, both of these were played by Risto. Many times on the forum, Risto took on the "role" of these accounts. In the game, Risto pretty much used both accounts as his personal reserves, and it is remembered they were utilized during the depo nonsense as well. If, in the deep past, Risto made an arrangement with some outside party regarding these accounts, then they should get in touch with him. 
Activity: 1068
Merit: 523
March 11, 2018, 11:42:38 PM

Treating Project as Fork; Game Takeover of Risto-Related Assets

Overall, the game needs a pathway to growth, which means promotions/marketing to new users, bounties for development efforts, etc. Therefore, what we are going to do is treat this new CK project as a "fork" if you will, meaning that the project/game will be taking over Risto-related accounts and will not be dealing with any of those upaid depository transactions that Risto incurred.

Honestly, there isn't another way forward IMO, and a fork does NOT stop others from trying to continue with the current situation, so nobody is really being disadvantaged, if they don't like the fork they don't have to participate.

I say go for it!!

The only reservation I have is for the accounts 'Soul' and 'LittleFlock', afaik Risto maintained they were real people, and if that's the case it might be worth trying to get a message to them so they can claim their assets if they wish. I don't think that's very likely, but I'd be more comfortable if we gave them a chance to prove they're real people and not just Risto aliases. Maybe 2 months to claim, otherwise add them to dev funds.

Other than that, it's a good plan, and time to move on!
March 11, 2018, 02:01:31 PM
Updates Regarding Crypto Kingdom

HIGH!

Building Codebase from Scratch

First off, the developers will be building a game/codebase framework from scratch for CK. The current CK codebase does one thing alright -- the market order system -- but the rest isn't developed or documented at all. As we want to allow player modability, the current codebase just doesn't cut it.  

Developers are considering Django (as it utilizes Python, which a lot of crypto-interacticing codebases use). Development will be made with open source design in mind. The frontend will be open source and the database will use a public/private key setup so it could be be public as well, and hopefully living inside of a blockchain. The backend will be REST API.

Treating Project as Fork; Game Takeover of Risto-Related Assets

The game was paused by Risto in 2016. All the depository chaos was in 2017. We got PJ off the codebase here at the start of 2018. That's almost 2 years of pretty much zero activity on a game where the majority of the depth/action happened from its founding in 2014 to around mid 2015 before it was moved over to the "Ultima" version. Once "Ultima" hit, the scale/scope of the game was majorly narrowed, and we never saw the same level of depth as was present in the spreadsheet version of the game. So that is 2 years with nothing going on really and 1 to 1.5 years of sucky gameplay.

The crypto ecosystem has changed a lot since 2014, and we think several things need to happen for CK to have a chance in the current environment. One issue the game has had since 2017 is Risto's depository nonsense. We have PM'ed with Risto some recently, and others have talked with him in person, and it is pretty clear that he has no interest in returning to CK.

CK had a core group of players on IRC near the end of the "Ultima" days, but even before that, there were many more players who also put money into the game. We are still surprised when talking casually with other crypto types and hearing them mention putting 100, 500, or even 1,000 XMR into the game in 2014/2015. Even a mere 100 XMR is more than $30k in the current market environment! We want these casual types to return to the game. And of course, we have major players like Karl Hungus who put 30,000+ XMR ($9 MILLION PLUS! Shocked ) into the game, but who weren't around during the depository madness in 2017.

Overall, the game needs a pathway to growth, which means promotions/marketing to new users, bounties for development efforts, etc. Therefore, what we are going to do is treat this new CK project as a "fork" if you will, meaning that the project/game will be taking over Risto-related accounts and will not be dealing with any of those upaid depository transactions that Risto incurred.

Aside from the fact that the depository withdrawal values are now at laughably high fiat levels due to the recent x10 surge in crypto prices, only about 20 unique users were present and overlapped on the unpaid withdrawal spreadsheets (both B1 and E1). Additionally, many of these same users also still have a sizable amount invested in the game in terms of land, items, and in-game currency, and we hope that revitalizing the game will bring value back to these assets.

To add, there is also the issue of verifying claims, as many did not even include themselves on the spreadsheet (myself included, and I am owed millions of dollars from Risto personally). Just to use one person to illustrate this depository insanity: does it really make sense for the game to compensate a user like "HannaMaaria" 35.8 BTC (so $350k at current values) and 53,500 Euros when she did absolutely nothing for the game and only sang at Risto's embassy for a few hours?

Only looking at major accounts, here is what we are thinking:

Accounts in yellow will be taken over in full by the game. These are either Risto-related accounts or were already game accounts.

Accounts in green are corporations that we believe Risto controlled. In-game currency held by these accounts will be distributed to current shareholders. Then they will just act as holding companies unless a game-specific purpose is created for them later. We are thinking, for example, of NewCorp functioning similar to "Phoenix Trust" as it holds a lot of land/property.

Accounts in orange we are unsure on. If there are any claims to these, let us know. "FuriBliz" in particular looks very suspect.

In any event, this will give the game room to grow without changing relative ownership percentages of in-game currency and items for any other users.
Activity: 756
Merit: 268
February 23, 2018, 09:18:08 PM
Any news on the reboot, how are new devs going, any ideas for promoting the re-launch?

A logo/crest contest would be cool Smiley
February 15, 2018, 01:47:13 PM
Think I found a new mascot <3

February 09, 2018, 08:03:37 PM
We want a more solid technical base in place as well as a basic, automated gameplay structure around land/property and production/consumption for the houses and NPCs. Once that is done, current plan is to launch a Counterparty (XCP) token for M.

Long-term, looking at additional integration of XCP assets in CK as well as using the XCP blockchain for things like account access, public/private key signing, item ownership checkpointing and the like.

Have you considered using a Komodo assetchain? Has bitcoin level security via 'delayed proof of work' notarization, and we would get our own independent chain, so possible to migrate very easily, plus fees are extremely low, and speed is fast. Would also get access to decentralised exchange, BarterDEX.

Isn't XCP too slow and expensive now?

A few reasons for XCP. Open to other ideas, but here are my points for now:

One, is that there are already platforms like "Book of Orbs" and "IndieSquare" for XCP tokens focused around the card-asset mechanic. XCP has its own decentralized exchange as well.

Another is that the majority of blockchain M transactions will be off-chain (as they will be occurring on the CK site). Therefore, fees won't be a concern.

Combined with this, we are planning on using the XCP addresses for signing of player accounts, voting, trading security, and the like. Also hashing/checkpointing a full listing of account items (both blockchain and non-blockchain) using the XCP addresses. As XCP is an older technology, there may be better documentation out there as to how to accomplish the above.

We also plan to allow other XCP card-assets to be added to CK. In other words, we are planning to open up the game for other XCP assets coming in. Say a person brings over some RarePepe cards. They spend some CK currency to assign in-game attributes to the card (and then that is how it is set for all other blockchain card assets of that type).

Maybe someone brings over SALTANDPEPE (http://rarepepedirectory.com/?p=645). Pays to assign a +10% to consumption efficiency in CK for the card holders. It would work in the reverse as well. Tokenize CK assets by paying for the XCP asset creation fee and have them now move on the XCP blockchain.

Overall, we want to get the game to a place where it is moddable by people to create them own gameplay modules. If they want to introduce say a new item and an economy around that item, there are parameters they work around, but they have the freedom to create!

Good answer, that makes sense Smiley
February 08, 2018, 03:08:56 AM
Just playing around... Tongue

The Ristonian Rapture & Zecharian Scar: Siege on Crypto Kingdom

The histories were lost when the great houses fell. Fortunes spilled as easily as blood on the battlefields against a backdrop of smoldering battlements. For the clans that emerged victorious, there was little time for revelry as they found themselves thrust into an age of darkness.

As centuries (or perhaps even millennia) passed, the purpose and particulars of the "End Game" were forgotten. Those that remained merely tried to eke out a meager existence alongside the ruins and rubble of the once great kingdom.

If you asked the older citizens of the kingdom what happened during the now fabled "End Game," they would ramble on about dragons and ascensions and leylines and Seraph and the Great Magus Zenon and the VOICE. Whatever gibberish they spouted would be chalked up to folktale at best -- them merely repeating childhood stories passed down -- and senility at worst.

But it was unmistakable that *something* had happened in the past. One only had to venture as far north as the "Free Lands" to see the aftermath of the ancients. Stretching out from the far horizon towards the kingdom itself, a great rift in the landscape was visible: the Zecharian Scar. And where civilization met with the Scar along the northern reaches, the great wall surrounding the kingdom was maimed and blasted.

Whatever had hit the land had done so with titanic power. Large chunks of the fortification from the wall were scattered across the borough, the smaller bits of masonry even being found in the southern chapelries. The largest pieces -- like the towers -- virtually impaled the land. In those places, the land had become swampy before gradually giving way to sinkholes. Over time, even those precarious plots eroded away, leaving deep abyssal wounds on the earth.

Always adaptable, the nearby citizens erected walls and fortifications around the vast gouges in the landscape in hopes of protecting exploring children or wandering livestock from tumbling in. But over time, rumors and local concerns morphed from those who had met an untimely demise falling down to what could possibly be rising *up* out of the depths.

Animals started disappearing first, in greater and greater numbers before whatever was rumbling beneath the kingdom moved on to people. And the pits themselves, stonily static for centuries, started to hum with activity. At first, it was fleeting: a seeming flicker of red light; a rock cascading below. But now, heralds stormed forth south to seek aid and inform the capital of an unknown threat.

On the letters they bared, only one word would have been needed by the great houses of old to realize the annihilation closing in on the kingdom: VOICES...

Dark Forces (Player ID: 139) rise from the depths below the "Free Lands" in borough 4, their influence spreading from their impassable pits covering all 9 borough chapelries. Power and reinforcements come from the deep along the Scar. Will they expand deeper into the kingdom, carving out the surrounding underground and corrupting the land above? Rumors say that the fallen king of eons past, rearisen as Zech'ariah the Crypto Lich, leads the hellish ensemble to finish the destruction he started in time immemorial...
February 06, 2018, 10:51:14 PM
We want a more solid technical base in place as well as a basic, automated gameplay structure around land/property and production/consumption for the houses and NPCs. Once that is done, current plan is to launch a Counterparty (XCP) token for M.

Long-term, looking at additional integration of XCP assets in CK as well as using the XCP blockchain for things like account access, public/private key signing, item ownership checkpointing and the like.

Have you considered using a Komodo assetchain? Has bitcoin level security via 'delayed proof of work' notarization, and we would get our own independent chain, so possible to migrate very easily, plus fees are extremely low, and speed is fast. Would also get access to decentralised exchange, BarterDEX.

A few reasons for XCP. Open to other ideas, but here are my points for now:

One, is that there are already platforms like "Book of Orbs" and "IndieSquare" for XCP tokens focused around the card-asset mechanic. XCP has its own decentralized exchange as well.

Another is that the majority of blockchain M transactions will be off-chain (as they will be occurring on the CK site). Therefore, fees won't be a concern.

Combined with this, we are planning on using the XCP addresses for signing of player accounts, voting, trading security, and the like. Also hashing/checkpointing a full listing of account items (both blockchain and non-blockchain) using the XCP addresses. As XCP is an older technology, there may be better documentation out there as to how to accomplish the above.

We also plan to allow other XCP card-assets to be added to CK. In other words, we are planning to open up the game for other XCP assets coming in. Say a person brings over some RarePepe cards. They spend some CK currency to assign in-game attributes to the card (and then that is how it is set for all other blockchain card assets of that type).

Maybe someone brings over SALTANDPEPE (http://rarepepedirectory.com/?p=645). Pays to assign a +10% to consumption efficiency in CK for the card holders. It would work in the reverse as well. Tokenize CK assets by paying for the XCP asset creation fee and have them now move on the XCP blockchain.

Overall, we want to get the game to a place where it is moddable by people to create them own gameplay modules. If they want to introduce say a new item and an economy around that item, there are parameters they work around, but they have the freedom to create!
February 06, 2018, 09:48:44 PM

February 02, 2018, 04:52:58 PM
I'm thrilled you have decided to pay us our bitcoins!

It's going to take a while to withdraw those funds from Poloniex, you'll have to verify your profile the increase your limit, however, there will still be a limit, I think it's 25 000$ daily but I'm not sure.
 Smiley Smiley

HIGH other Risto? Huh Your debts are with Risto...but you would know that (being Risto and all)...
February 02, 2018, 03:22:13 PM
From Syksy on Ryver:

In EVE (which I am very tempted to always compare to), there's an entire business revolving around the location of items (transportation as a business as well as key ingredient in warfare; some zones are safer than others, while ultimately nowhere is truly safe) - the fact that currently all items are "omnipotently" present everywhere in an instant is easy as a 1st line solution, but if the game is to evolve to involve more depthful mechanics regarding the economy I'm sure logistics and "trade hubs" would evolve if items (and characters) were bound to time and space

yeah, these are of course proposals that can be implemented in various ways; hence why for example I'd be curious to try out modeling NPCs as sort-of PCs, that would act similar to them in pretty much every way... I got some ideas that revolved around simulated NPC consensus behavior with some sort AI-driven behavior, cell automatons for individualized level, or perhaps even differential equation -based models if we could derive a feasible model based on those (I'm sure there's such already in academic literature regarding economy, but they might be a bit too theoretical); I might be inspecting this aspect a bit too much from an academic perspective, and not so much from a practical game implementation level

Definitely cell automatons and differential equations would require a lot of fine tuning to produce desired emergent behavior, and might be too sensitive to even small perturbations in the formulae - so I'm probably shooting a fly with a cannon here

Which actually reminds me of one dev idea I had originally - discretize time, with e.g. one minute in real life modeling one time unit in CK, during which certain amount of "action" can happen; I think such a model would have to be implemented some way eventually - other option could be continuous time, where actions just have a defined period of time in order to be conducted

I'll add "Modeling time in a more precise manner" to my list, with some initial thoughts - there's various different paths that one can take, each with strengths and weaknesses naturally
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
February 02, 2018, 03:05:15 PM
Let's eat rather. I'll be back after dinner( and a good night's sleep/etc).
February 02, 2018, 03:19:47 PM
Let's eat rather. I'll be back after dinner( and a good night's sleep/etc).

HIGH Risto? Huh
February 02, 2018, 04:26:45 AM
Already posted this list of Development Ideas/Milestones (with SWOT analysis) on the CK IRC and Ryver, but posting here for additional discussion as well:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fXXPEJs4j5azoJpwZgIwB6-6lPfSZZqFkZ2ftF1Sw7c/edit?usp=sharing
January 31, 2018, 01:50:11 AM
How are things progressing with the exchange listing?

Are the new devs working on that too?

Activity: 264
Merit: 250
January 31, 2018, 12:51:54 AM
How are things progressing with the exchange listing?

Are the new devs working on that too?
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
January 27, 2018, 02:56:11 PM
This is an uncensored topic for cryptokingdom. And if the topic- starter is scamming post about it in scam accusations

Not sure what you are talking about? I haven't seen generalizethis post anywhere in a long time regarding CK.

I guess they are talking about smooth's thread--though not sure what that has to do with this thread other than Risto's editing forced us to create this thread.
January 27, 2018, 12:52:20 AM
This is an uncensored topic for cryptokingdom. And if the topic- starter is scamming post about it in scam accusations

Not sure what you are talking about? I haven't seen generalizethis post anywhere in a long time regarding CK.
Pages:
Jump to: