Pages:
Author

Topic: CryptoKingdom Uncensored - page 14. (Read 69543 times)

Activity: 79
Merit: 0
January 27, 2018, 12:17:57 AM
This is an uncensored topic for cryptokingdom. And if the topic- starter is scamming post about it in scam accusations
Activity: 763
Merit: 534
January 24, 2018, 11:18:32 PM
Break the CK Test Server!

Test site available here: http://174.138.54.127

Has self-signing SSL, so that is why you may get an error in your browser.

This is an old version of the Agora database, so item ownership and prices may be different compared to the live implementation.

Any changes made on the test server DO NOT carry over to the live cryptokingdom.me implementation.

So feel free to dump all your CAN at 1 M like you've always wanted to Tongue

Some changes mentioned by the devs (I took snippets, so they may be jumbled or repeat):

talking game architecture

any moment now we should have test server live with a bunch of fixes: buying / selling property , CLI bug squashes like commas in sell prices, different pages (like property editor) having CLI broken .. we'll get an actual log of changes once we get it up

map display bug has been squashed, i'm working on getting them knocked out for most of the chapelries.

moving forward we'll post link to testing site here in a bit and people can give feedback / try to hack / if new bugs popped up help identify

if no hack-holes have presented themselves then we'll move those change to live site

then our priorities have been in the direction of moving almost all functionality into API, which would help in the code cleanup process and improve API funcitonality

also we are thinking that CLI for basic users is perhaps offputting

so allowing CLI for "advanced" users .. but essentially weeding it out, so that CLI would be optional

We're hoping to provide link to test server in few minutes, pretty much all of the frantic bug squashing is knocked out. So once I finish out the maps, that should have CK back to around the days of its having most functionality

We figure once all the changes seen in test-server have been seen and .. well .. tested .. and changes are pushed to live .. we'd sit back and work on migrating functionality to API calls, as well as phasing out CLI, and listen to what the community wanted to happen next

so the major fixes:

advanced cli works no matter where the cursor is, and can handle commas

and buy/sell of lots is fixed. sales can be managed on the lot details pages.
January 23, 2018, 04:11:25 PM
market dead ?

The game is inactive at the moment, but players can still log in. Please join the Ryver link in the first post of the thread:

CK Channel: https://cryptokingdom.ryver.com/application/signup/members/njw9Z-TTBMjyruB

This is where the CK relaunch and revival discussion is happening.
slk
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
January 23, 2018, 12:28:56 PM
market dead ?
January 20, 2018, 04:13:19 PM
Greetings to everyone!
There is a pretty new anonymous cryptocoin which has a huge potential and is currently at a low price.
Is called BitcoinZ and is inspired from ZCash. Here is a video about it and an interactive explanation of the zkSNARKS algorithm:

https://youtu.be/3hVG888tOpY

If you have some free time, please check it out.
Have a nice day!

Thanks for the spam. Anyway, XMR has already won the privacy game from a technical and fairness (in terms of distribution) standpoint. Don't know why we need more shitcoins crowding the space...
January 20, 2018, 01:55:10 AM
I've been reviewing the old CK Google Docs again and am amazed at the variety and depth of some of the subgames that were proposed as well as those that were actually played.

For example, anyone remember this: a chalpery being opened up and being utilized for (A) farming before (B) quarrying and finally (C) dividing into buildable lots. No idea why Risto didn't try to bring such things over to the UltimaDB version of the game.

Also saw references to Poloniex being very open to a CK asset being listed in 2015 Sad The ball was really dropped here not getting this done back then Cry

Anyway, anyone interested in building out any of these subgames? What sort of subgames would you like to see?

And BTW: does anyone recall why Risto staggered the placement of chapleries and what was going to fill out the extra tiles? As you can see from some of the earlier Google Docs, the map is not completely square...
January 19, 2018, 08:29:49 PM
We have regained a bit of the map functionality, it is live (still a bug or 2) but can be seen:

https://cryptokingdom.me/land/chapelry/1:SE

For the purists out there please know that the slippage in space/time is purely temporary and will be shuffled again shortly

The neat part about this is it is data-driven Wink Unlike the extremely old RPG-style pic that some of you may remember that was made by hand by someone in RPGMaker.
Activity: 478
Merit: 250
January 19, 2018, 08:59:46 AM
We have regained a bit of the map functionality, it is live (still a bug or 2) but can be seen:

https://cryptokingdom.me/land/chapelry/1:SE

For the purists out there please know that the slippage in space/time is purely temporary and will be shuffled again shortly
January 17, 2018, 11:26:36 PM
Any game ideas please keep them coming! Also feel free to check out the CK public chat:

https://cryptokingdom.ryver.com/application/signup/members/njw9Z-TTBMjyruB

Meteorites are rarer than gold, platinum, diamonds or emeralds. Owning one is the only way to touch the cosmos, and the demand for such an experience is quite high all over the world! Many have called them the “truest form of black gold,” and they often sell for $300.00 per gram or more - meaning a 1 pound meteorite can be worth a million dollars.

Some sort of bombardment activity would also help explain the weirdly shaped plots of land held by DARK (ID: 139):

https://cryptokingdom.me/player/playerItems/139
January 16, 2018, 01:51:29 AM
Anyone looking to sell CK accounts/related items, feel free to PM me. Thanks!
January 15, 2018, 10:22:03 PM
Wts acc 33 proride. Please pm.

PM'ed
Activity: 367
Merit: 255
January 15, 2018, 09:07:39 PM
Wts acc 33 proride. Please pm.
January 14, 2018, 03:29:18 PM
Zechariah's Troll Throne

What about deciding who sits on the Troll Throne by:
1- a vote by nobles, bribes allowed
2- a game of skill, weighted by the amount wagered by each candidate
3- a game of chance, weighted by the amount wagered by each candidate

Give a third weighting to each component, the winner takes 50% of the pot from 2- & 3-, the remainder goes to the town coffers.

Either have challengers pay a fee to challenge, or have a periodic selection at regular intervals.

Always the option of fighting battles to decide who is King, but a formal process could work too.

Interesting. Does up the complexity somewhat as well introduce more variables that need to be defined/calculated.

Really, I'd say anyone interested in thinking about CK's game design to join the Ryver chat room as it does have some good features for at least organizing ideas.

HMC has an interesting general idea as well, but it does up the complexity a good amount:

HMC: What if land and payouts were representations of real world nodes? This would make land desirable and the payout could be based on how many tx the node processed .

I'm talking about any coin--monero makes the most sense as a testbed as there is already a M3 item that can be donated by the community. Most coins have node issues, so a way for the community to donate and monitor would be beneficial.

An m/m3/b1/xx per tx payment scheme would work until donation runs out. Node operators could decide how they want to get paid and which coin's tx they want to handle.

Loaf: and you then rank the nodes by tx # + volume and assign them with declining macrolocation? so the most txs + volume in movement goes to the highest macrolocation?
Activity: 307
Merit: 250
January 14, 2018, 09:38:15 AM
Zechariah's Troll Throne

What about deciding who sits on the Troll Throne by:
1- a vote by nobles, bribes allowed
2- a game of skill, weighted by the amount wagered by each candidate
3- a game of chance, weighted by the amount wagered by each candidate

Give a third weighting to each component, the winner takes 50% of the pot from 2- & 3-, the remainder goes to the town coffers.

Either have challengers pay a fee to challenge, or have a periodic selection at regular intervals.

Always the option of fighting battles to decide who is King, but a formal process could work too.
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
January 13, 2018, 04:45:07 PM

As the crown weighs you down and you find yourself seeking comfort in wine, women, and song, the schemers scheme at garden parties and gallant tourneys, and before you know it...

This is a great idea, being King should have many benefits, and those who want them should be prepared to fight to first get them, then keep them.
Activity: 111
Merit: 12
January 13, 2018, 12:45:03 PM
Very good Loaf, very good indeed! Looking forward to some games Cheesy

January 13, 2018, 09:47:49 AM
Another random idea...

I believe there are 15-20 levels of roles in CK from Visitor to King. One thing being considered is automated movement both up and down these levels based on performance in the economic consumption/production game. At higher levels, naturally there will be fewer positions open (perhaps scaling with the total number of active players).

However, there will be only one house at a time that can ascend the auspicious steps in the central plaza towards the glistening golden palace...

Their entire royal retinue will be needed to cast open the gargantuan doors etched (also in solid gold) with great moments in Crypto Kingdom history...

They regally step through the corridor, their very footsteps echoing seemingly for hours as the noise carries throughout the leviathan stronghold...

As they traverse open darkness, torches conjured by the Great Wizard Zenon himself before his ascension brilliantly bloom in the twilight...

The very belly of the keep glows: magnified, reflected, and refracted by the gold and gemstones adorning the walls...  

An oculus in the central dome shines pure sunlight onto the true seat of power in the kingdom...

Zechariah's Troll Throne

Was all the secret plotting and intrigue worth this? The arranged marriages and foreign alliances? Killing your page (poor lad could always make a mean mutton!) when he overheard something he shouldn't have?

OF COURSE! Since as king, you get a share of all pool payouts direct to your pocket! You get a cut of it all! All the money that flows in taxes and wages! All the food and drink that makes its way across the city!

You can go as high as 5% of it all, but of course those in power can't always stay in power, and all that money moving in other hands on the way to yours may very well be financing your successor! 40% of tax revenues go into a "regicide pool," and the pot becomes bigger and bigger the longer you stay in power! And that foppish duke you insulted at the last banquet? Maybe he will even secretly funnel some funds to that pool in exchange for favors from his favored successor!

As the crown weighs you down and you find yourself seeking comfort in wine, women, and song, the schemers scheme at garden parties and gallant tourneys, and before you know it...

Activity: 939
Merit: 256
January 13, 2018, 05:37:21 AM
Old CK "Meme" Items & Concepts

General question for the community: what were the meme-worthy items and concepts in the old, fun CK days? What did people keep talking/joking about? Any repeated one-liners? What would you trade back and for just for the lulz?

I know CAN and FOIE were always popular, so definitely want to have those in some fashion in the relaunched game Smiley

Mostly CAN related, and effected 'nobility speak', which some were quite good at, especially Risto, as most of it ended up being about kissing his royal bum cheeks with every sentence, a bit like Black Adder Smiley

I recall there being a tournament involving horse back riding and shooting once, that was kinda cool, hope there's another one!

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150
Freedom&Honor
January 12, 2018, 07:31:13 AM
First option should be YoBit

I've heard some negative things regarding YoBit, such as never updating wallets for months and thus holding back large amounts of people's funds. May look at them, but would also appreciate some other quotes.

Say that we are a Counterparty (XCP) token. So like BitCrystals: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcrystals/

Here is the asset on XCP for BCY: https://xchain.io/asset/BITCRYSTALS

Me too, but it's a cheap option, why not until we get some trading volume and submit requests to all major exchanges..
I mean, as you said, a Cryptopia listing is ~26BTC with current DOT prices.
On C-Cex we need around 5000 votes, which is 5BTC, I believe NovaExchange was quite cheap previously, but I'm not completely certain and can't seem to find the Addcoin option anywhere.
There are exchanges that list for free such as HitBtc (I think?) and we just need enough submissions to get accepted.
After making some trading volume, it's a good option probably Smiley
January 11, 2018, 10:51:56 PM
Old CK "Meme" Items & Concepts

General question for the community: what were the meme-worthy items and concepts in the old, fun CK days? What did people keep talking/joking about? Any repeated one-liners? What would you trade back and for just for the lulz?

I know CAN and FOIE were always popular, so definitely want to have those in some fashion in the relaunched game Smiley

Pages:
Jump to: