Pages:
Author

Topic: [Discussion] Bitcointalk Community Awards 🏆 - page 3. (Read 19698 times)

Activity: 1456
Merit: 325
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
If I remember correctly, at least there was a discussion about the fact that anyone who votes for the post in which he is nominated, that vote is disqualified. Now I see that franky1 rewarded some posts that nominated him with merit.
Is this franky1's try to avoid the AntiHero award? I must admit an interesting strategy, now it deserves this label even more.  Cheesy

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;u=65837
More like he's trying to be the anti-hero, breaking the rules and challenging the system, isn't that how @franky1 should act with the award nomination for the Anti-Hero category, isn't that the most anti-hero thing to do? Definitely a strategy but I think that he's probably just doing it for the heck of doing it.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 4508
**In BTC since 2013**
I sincerely appreciate the gesture - truly I do - but I've always been quite uncomfortable with some of the (for lack of a better term) "hero worship" that myself and some other established/knowledgeable users receive on this forum. I'm just a normal person. Quiet remembrance will be just fine. Smiley

A "merit and excellence" award is not about making a user a hero, but rather recognizing a user who has given a lot to the community. That's why I suggested that the user could only win this prize once. Furthermore, this type of award must be analyzed in a different way than the generalized vote.

Either way, I understand your point of view.  Wink
Activity: 168
Merit: 13
I sincerely appreciate the gesture - truly I do - but I've always been quite uncomfortable with some of the (for lack of a better term) "hero worship" that myself and some other established/knowledgeable users receive on this forum. I'm just a normal person. Quiet remembrance will be just fine. Smiley

I hope for the absolute best outcome for you mate, I am sorry you have to go through those losers saying “deserved” and other disgusting things i don’t even want to remember just words cannot describe how horrible those people are.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1491
The first decentralized crypto betting platform

Not just a normal person. I think you are clearly above average in terms of intelligence, and the fact that you are the champion of earned merit, and more counting that you don't usually open threads, proves it.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 4508
**In BTC since 2013**
Of course, @o_e_l_e_o is not the first user to leave the forum for health-related reasons, but his figure is so significant and noticeable that you can’t just take it and let it go, even without a modest special nomination. In my opinion, if the organizers of the competition do not remain indifferent to this sad event, then it will be great.

Thanks for the response. Yes, indeed he is not the first one. I was just "closer" to him than other people. As I said, I have been here for a little time (approx. 1 year) and the way he has guided is incredible. It doesn't feel right not to dedicate him an award. It is a minor move from my part, for the help he has provided me.

The award could be created: Merit and Excellence.

This award instead of being put to a vote by the entire community. The organization would invite a group of reference members to suggest names. Afterwards, the nominated names would be analyzed in detail, until the winner was chosen, which would only be announced at the end.

The selection committee for the Merit and Excellence award could vary every year, with the exception of the organization. And winners could not be repeated.
Activity: 406
Merit: 896
Of course, @o_e_l_e_o is not the first user to leave the forum for health-related reasons, but his figure is so significant and noticeable that you can’t just take it and let it go, even without a modest special nomination. In my opinion, if the organizers of the competition do not remain indifferent to this sad event, then it will be great.

Thanks for the response. Yes, indeed he is not the first one. I was just "closer" to him than other people. As I said, I have been here for a little time (approx. 1 year) and the way he has guided is incredible. It doesn't feel right not to dedicate him an award. It is a minor move from my part, for the help he has provided me.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1296
keep walking, Johnnie
I suggest that this year, we dedicate a special award to o_e_l_e_o.

I don't know what award we could invent, but Leo definitely deserves something like that. I leave it up to GazetaBitcoin and icopress who are usually the best at organizing such things. Of course I am glad to help if you need anything.

I am a member of this forum for a year (more or less) and I can safely say that Leo is the most valuable member, especially in technical aspects of Bitcoin.

What do you guys think about my proposition?

I think this could be a farewell award for his enormous contribution to the development of the BTC-community on this forum. Of course, @o_e_l_e_o is not the first user to leave the forum for health-related reasons, but his figure is so significant and noticeable that you can’t just take it and let it go, even without a modest special nomination. In my opinion, if the organizers of the competition do not remain indifferent to this sad event, then it will be great.

Should hurry up a little.
In a week or two, once this thread has run its course, I'll ask theymos to lock this account.
Activity: 151
Merit: 102
If there was a category for a departed hero, then I would give my vote to this guy.
Activity: 406
Merit: 896
I suggest that this year, we dedicate a special award to o_e_l_e_o.

I don't know what award we could invent, but Leo definitely deserves something like that. I leave it up to GazetaBitcoin and icopress who are usually the best at organizing such things. Of course I am glad to help if you need anything.

I am a member of this forum for a year (more or less) and I can safely say that Leo is the most valuable member, especially in technical aspects of Bitcoin.

What do you guys think about my proposition?
Activity: 280
Merit: 111
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I don't know why they rejecting the anti hero tag. I taught anti heroes were individuals that can do anything for the greater good.
Most of my favorite heroes have always been anti heroes though Cheesy

Except the tagged definition here is another word for villain
I don't why such award is rejected to be honest.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 7892
If I remember correctly, at least there was a discussion about the fact that anyone who votes for the post in which he is nominated, that vote is disqualified. Now I see that franky1 rewarded some posts that nominated him with merit.
Is this franky1's try to avoid the AntiHero award? I must admit an interesting strategy, now it deserves this label even more.  Cheesy

Wow, I finally got a merit from franknbeans. Cool.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 6524
Fully-fledged Merit Cycler|Spambuster'23|Pie Baker
We still haven't determined what definition of 'AntiHero' we want to use, have we?

I still think the Wikipedia one is the best one

The definition is inside the voting thread Smiley

He never wanted to be a villain, but he had to accept the rules of the game in which he “plays black”

Is this franky1's try to avoid the AntiHero award?

He is; he did it last year as well, but it's useless.
copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏
We should all identify ourselves as seahorses, less confusion. 😅
That's surprisingly open-minded of you. Many people find the male pregnancy thing to be more confusing, not less. Just be glad I'm not a hyena. (I know I am!) Lips sealed
After seeing filipone literally worshipping you, now I am reminded of queen of sheba in "american gods" TV series.
You might wanna repent woman, before it's too late. Lol
Activity: 882
Merit: 5814
not your keys, not your coins!
I must admit an interesting strategy, now it deserves this label even more.  Cheesy
We still haven't determined what definition of 'AntiHero' we want to use, have we?

I still think the Wikipedia one is the best one; basically an 'atypical kind of hero' (not the 'opposite of a hero', as the name may suggest).
Although antiheroes may sometimes perform actions that most of the audience considers morally correct, their reasons for doing so may not align with the audience's morality.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 3098

legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3041
Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023
We should all identify ourselves as seahorses, less confusion. 😅
That's surprisingly open-minded of you. Many people find the male pregnancy thing to be more confusing, not less. Just be glad I'm not a hyena. (I know I am!) Lips sealed
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
What KYC will you ask for participants in the “Miss Bitcointalk” nomination to undergo?
Didn't theymos verify those for Reddit's GirlsGoneBitcoin (now banned)?
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1296
keep walking, Johnnie
    Guys, so I was wondering since multiple accounts could vote for the main account to win the moneyz, is there a way to do KYC for voters? Instead we call it KYV, know your voters.
    What KYC will you ask for participants in the “Miss Bitcointalk” nomination to undergo?

• Miss Bitcointalk: Foxup(Really like to see his wooly p***)
    This option? Smiley

There is a problem with multi-accounts and voting for your friends, but combating this with KYC/KYV is not the best solution. If at all we can overcome this in any way.
    legendary
    Activity: 2268
    Merit: 18509
    This needs some clarification, I mean what the f'ing hell is going on here? Why do people keep mixing up estrogens with testosterone?
    Wait until you discover that every human on the planet produces both estrogen and testosterone! Shocking, I know.
    Pages:
    Jump to: