Pages:
Author

Topic: [Discussion] Bitcointalk Community Awards 🏆 - page 6. (Read 19698 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1022
Hello Leo! You can still win.
philipma1957 voted today and in the last category voting which is for Miss Bitcointalk , which I don't know if it has been discussed before. He said,
Miss Bitcointalk  if this is for a female it is a sexist reward.

why should a female get a reward for being a female and no male gets a reward for being a male. and If a guy decides he truly indetifies as a female is he allowed to win it.
    In this spirit I wrote for JJG as I identify JJG as a girl. Grin

The question of why a female get a reward for being a female while there's no corresponding reward for the opposite gender demands an answer. Is there a kind of discrimination which has been overlooked for years? To the best of my knowledge, such an award of Miss goes in pair with Mr. Should Icopress consider including this in next year award or we live it this way which looks like a gender discrimination issue.
Activity: 462
Merit: 767
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
. But I am surprised by the number of votes in 2021. That was when BTC touched the ATH, and the community was too crowded.

I think a fair target for this year's competition would be having a record number of votes. In the case of a bitcoin bull run it would be easier, but I think we can make it even without it.
I think this forum deserves it.

I think so. You already know how many people rank up each week. You are the one who helps them to rank up and some other merit source, too. I don't know if the community become more crowded than before or not. But you guys may understand the difference. Mixers ban is one of the disappointing things. I guess some members may become less active if there are no campaigns for them.

I don’t think that’s enough reason to request a name change. People can distinguish between yourself and the other accounts, and if you feel the need to give a neutral stating that the account isn’t your alt, I don’t think anyone would hold it against you.
This is not the only reason. I have other reasons for changing my username, and I wrote them on a different thread. I get too many mentions daily from topics I never posted because of my username. People use this keyword and wallla.
Activity: 966
Merit: 701
I was planning to request theymos to change my username, though.
I don’t think that’s enough reason to request a name change. People can distinguish between yourself and the other accounts, and if you feel the need to give a neutral stating that the account isn’t your alt, I don’t think anyone would hold it against you.

~snip~
Now I know I can search for a username before creating an account. But I didn't know when I created this account back then. I never thought if any similar usernames existed. I guess nobody searches for that.
Yeah you’re right. It’s unlikely that newbies would want to search the forum for similar usernames before creating an account. How many people give it much thought when choosing a username? You never really understand the value of bitcointalk until you become a part of the community.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
. But I am surprised by the number of votes in 2021. That was when BTC touched the ATH, and the community was too crowded.

I think a fair target for this year's competition would be having a record number of votes. In the case of a bitcoin bull run it would be easier, but I think we can make it even without it.
I think this forum deserves it.
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
Would you believe that my locals started copying my username?
I find that hard to believe Tongue

LOL. I have seen two of them, and those are from my local thread. I didn't know many accounts were created with the keyword "Learn". I was planning to request theymos to change my username, though.

Most of these accounts were registered years before @Learn Bitcoin came to the forum. I doubt he even knew he was a part of a large farm lol.

Now I know I can search for a username before creating an account. But I didn't know when I created this account back then. I never thought if any similar usernames existed. I guess nobody searches for that.

In 2020 the winner of BitcoinTalk Ninja category was LoyceV (with 66 votes), followed by TryNinja (43 votes) and DdmrDdmr (27 votes).
In 2021 the winner of BitcoinTalk Ninja category was TryNinja (with 131 votes), followed by LoyceV (85 votes) and DdmrDdmr (66 votes).
In 2022 the winner of BitcoinTalk Ninja category was TryNinja (with 61 votes), followed by LoyceV (43 votes) and DdmrDdmr (35 votes).
Thanks for the info. But I am surprised by the number of votes in 2021. That was when BTC touched the ATH, and the community was too crowded.
Activity: 966
Merit: 701

Most of these accounts were registered years before @Learn Bitcoin came to the forum. I doubt he even knew he was a part of a large farm lol.

What do you guys think about making a rule that you only vote for 1 candidate per category. I think it would make vote counting easier and the awards more competitive. Because I’m seeing a pattern in certain categories, people vote more than 4 candidate for the same award. 
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 6524
Fully-fledged Merit Cycler|Spambuster'23|Pie Baker
LOL. You have been here for a while now. I am wondering who the other Ninja who beat you was.

In 2020 the winner of BitcoinTalk Ninja category was LoyceV (with 66 votes), followed by TryNinja (43 votes) and DdmrDdmr (27 votes).
In 2021 the winner of BitcoinTalk Ninja category was TryNinja (with 131 votes), followed by LoyceV (85 votes) and DdmrDdmr (66 votes).
In 2022 the winner of BitcoinTalk Ninja category was TryNinja (with 61 votes), followed by LoyceV (43 votes) and DdmrDdmr (35 votes).
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

#SWGT CERTIK Audited
Fun fact, I dishonorably lost the first Community Awards for BitcoinTalk Ninja. Tongue

LOL. You have been here for a while now. I am wondering who the other Ninja who beat you was.

I think this happens a lot, because people don't read what the category names mean, and just vote on what comes to mind about the possible meaning of the category names.

PS: Nothing against TryNinja, because I think it has been a fair winner.

I think so. Now Imagine someone would create a username with such a title As Miss Bitcoin, and they will get nominated for Miss Bitcointalk in the next addition of community awards. That would be real fun. LOL.

Fun fact: there are 1126 users with "ninja" in their name.

Try Ninja must be proud that he becomes an Idle. Would you believe that my locals started copying my username? They created accounts with username like Learn Crypto, Learn Gambling and I guess there was one more. Then some of my locals were thinking those are my alt accounts even though I don't know any of them.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 2645
Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o
legendary
Did we discover the biggest alt farmer in the history?

I am not sure, but Polar91 may be the king here.

7. Polar91 Gang - the most powerful faction of the mother gang of The Cheaters
Supreme Leader: Polar81
Known members and adulators (wannabees): Ashong Salonga, criza, Magkirap, Blackdeath, julius caesar, White Christmas, agentx44, airdnasxela, ekans45, Gumpfire, Meowth05, Wintersoldier, alexsandria, Gladiator25, Drakula, jovs, wolfgang56, P60, Peashooter, Bowly88, Spontebob, sampalokmix, chromosomes, Ajinomoto40, tanginamoo, Raven91, wallstone, Larva14, Jessy Mediola, decoder88, Phyton76, Kersh768, blue_dragon, matanglawin, stephanirain, Lady Coquet, Bionicgalaxy, magmar, Shiversnow, Ingoats, Predator25, Baby Dragon, Kurokonobasuke, Bohxz M4p4gm4h4l25, Kuya Kim, Gondwanaland, roll on, JCO05, Maiscoinyelo, gokudera, bentong talong, Lomberjack, empoy, Wish 107.5, Punisherx100, potatocorner, kupido14, regnidorhcs, Magic Sarap, insurgent, android17, Nhobita, Rollex, SkyFlakes, Jupeter, Kim Domingo, SMAura, Apple Mac, Kita Kita, Nissan-GTR, Bella Thorne, Ad Baculum, tokensupermarket, Gramna, Watashi Yamashita, unknown-user, megatrix, Gagamboy, Oggy Pogi, Jake Virus, terbetet, Gandam23, trashvin, Pantastikman, dobladi, Bakugan, Specialforce, Pepito Manaloto, Sand King, thundercrystal, assyla, devil jin, Euroda, Krispin47, Chooroz, Jose Rizal, trojanx23, xoxo_ch@, Kokoy, Star_Bucks, oxidoreductase.
Reputation: this is the most strong clique of cheaters seen so far on these lands. Definitely, this gang earned its place in the history!
Activity: constantly cheating the signature campaigns since 2016.
First mention: April 7th, 2020, 02:23:21.
Misc: the mastermind behind the gang has to receive a proper recognition for what he managed to build through the past 5 years: a great army of clones, strong enough to compete with any opposition (as it can be seen in the picture below). The gang had 1 Hero member, 23 Sr. Members and hordes of lower ranked members. Fortunately, with the help of Bitcoin_Arena and cheater detector, who revealed the entire village of thieves; Lauda, who created the flags for all the accounts involved; and all the members which supported the flags, Polar91 was defeated! The battle took place between April 7th - April 29th, 2020 and it can be called also The BitcoinTalk Clones War.

Dammnn, this one is amazing. LOL  Huh

Emblems: none.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 2645
Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o
So changing my display name to BitcoinGirlNinja will have no chance to with the Bitcointalk Ninja category 😁
@TryNinja you have that many alts!?  Roll Eyes
Did we discover the biggest alt farmer in the history?
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 4508
**In BTC since 2013**

@TryNinja you have that many alts!?  Roll Eyes

Thank you for that statistical fact LoyceV.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 4508
**In BTC since 2013**
Then, you will start getting nominated in two categories. One is BitcoinTalk Ninja, and the other is Miss Bitcointalk. I know you are already getting nominated as a BitcoinTalk Ninja. But your name change will increase the number further Wink. Even though TryNinja is already a perfect candidate for BitcoinTalk Ninja, I still believe his name influences people to vote for him in this category.

I think this happens a lot, because people don't read what the category names mean, and just vote on what comes to mind about the possible meaning of the category names.

legendary
Even though TryNinja is already a perfect candidate for BitcoinTalk Ninja, I still believe his name influences people to vote for him in this category.
Fun fact, I dishonorably lost the first Community Awards for BitcoinTalk Ninja. Tongue

I actually made a reference about this Smiley

- curiously, while many expected TryNinja to win at BitcoinTalk Ninja category, he did not succeed in 2020; he took his revenge though, in 2021, by winning Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
Even though TryNinja is already a perfect candidate for BitcoinTalk Ninja, I still believe his name influences people to vote for him in this category.
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
You never know what is going to happen. Ask theymos to make the change, and we will see next year  Cheesy
I changed my mind: it should be Ninja.girl for maximum category compatibility Smiley
Then, you will start getting nominated in two categories. One is BitcoinTalk Ninja, and the other is Miss Bitcointalk. I know you are already getting nominated as a BitcoinTalk Ninja. But your name change will increase the number further Wink. Even though TryNinja is already a perfect candidate for BitcoinTalk Ninja, I still believe his name influences people to vote for him in this category.

There is no one named Ratimov.  Wink
Doesn't that make him the perfect antihero candidate?
Yes, I'm one hundred percent sure. But there is another development. I hope you noticed that already. That's an off-topic here.
legendary
I've been nominated for this category before. I'm just wondering, if I change my name to LoyceV.girl, would I win? Cheesy
Little did I know my nickname was female when I pulled it out of a random generator in 2015....
You never know what is going to happen. Ask theymos to make the change, and we will see next year  Cheesy
I changed my mind: it should be Ninja.girl for maximum category compatibility Smiley

There is no one named Ratimov.  Wink
Doesn't that make him the perfect antihero candidate?
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 7410
Crypto Swap Exchange
Thinking about it, the rule that merits cancel votes can lead to this type of situation: the user sending merits to those who vote for them in a category that they don't like.

It is expected that people want to win, but the opposite can also happen. So this management becomes complicated.

franky1 did the same thing at the previous event:

- franky1 tried to abuse the system, by meriting 2 of those who nominated him as antihero, in order to have less votes at this category (facepalm)

However, in his case I overruled the existing rule, as this user tried to abuse the contest in plain sight. Same will happen now. In any case, Royse "managed" to obtain even more votes at that category, thus franky1 got "only" second place. Perhaps he'll have more luck this year? Smiley

I don't remember what exactly happened last year, but wouldn't your action attract some account or merit farmer?
Pages:
Jump to: