Pages:
Author

Topic: 📝[Discussion topic] Overview of Bitcointalk Signature-Ad Campaigns📝 - page 8. (Read 4068 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 557
I just found out that CM has been seized, and that consequently, the campaign has ended. I guess some of you may not have heard about it yet, so I bumped this thread which I think is the appropriate one to comment on.
It's really unfortunate to see Chipmixer campaign was ended, I think almost user in this forum have a dream to become a Chipmixer participant. However we've already see few mixer services got seized in the past, but now it's Chipmixer turn. But I will not be surprised if we will see a new mixer comes up sooner or later, it's might created by the same owner of Chipmixer.

However it's a good time for the other campaign to add Hero/Legendary rank slots because all of Chipmixer participants are high quality posters.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1491
The first decentralized crypto betting platform
I just found out that CM has been seized, and that consequently, the campaign has ended. I guess some of you may not have heard about it yet, so I bumped this thread which I think is the appropriate one to comment on.

ChipMixer.com has been seized.

As ChipMixer has been seized, the campaign is now ended. Outstanding payments will be made later this week.

This quote is the last comment in the now locked thread of the campaign, written by DarkStar_.
Activity: 770
Merit: 556
Bump.

The campaign which I participated [OPEN] Duelbits.com | Signature Campaign ~ Full Members+ | Up to $70/Week is open for 1x Full Member and 1x Hero Member now, this campaign already run for 128 weeks or 2 years more. There are many users which already a Hero Member but they're still in Senior Member rank in the campaign currently they're participating.

I just saying here because not many users are applying, maybe they're not aware. Nowadays it's really rare to see a long term campaign open for higher rank, most likely it's only for Full Member rank.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1108
Telegram: @julerz12
-SNIP-
But that kind of brings up another question should participants get paid if they completed the campaign period (usually a week) and met all the posting requirements, but switched campaigns and changed their signature before the payment date? I would say so, provided they can somehow prove that they wore the signature till the end of the period.
Yes, you are right. It all boils down to the bounty manager's decision and how the entire signature campaign is laid out. There are signature campaigns out there that prohibit removing/changing your signatures mid-week of the campaign wherein doing so could get you zero rewards by the end of the week. Some are also forviging that you'll get paid even with just a couple of days of posting. A clear example is like what pawel7777 posted above. Again, what's important is proper communication between the participant and the manager. It'll make everyone's life easier.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1836
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
But that kind of brings up another question should participants get paid if they completed the campaign period (usually a week) and met all the posting requirements, but switched campaigns and changed their signature before the payment date? I would say so, provided they can somehow prove that they wore the signature till the end of the period.
Yes, it happened to me in the Betnomi campaign run by icopress.
Three days passed the week and then I moved to a new campaign, I wrote in the thread of the Betnomi campaign that I will leave for another campaign and wear another signature.
I wasn't expecting to get any payment honestly from Betnomi but to my surprise at the end of the week icopress sent my wallet 0.0012BTC payment for the posts I wrote in the first 3 days of the week.
So I would like to take this opportunity to say thanks to icopress, for his high professionalism.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1555
It's fine. Happened to me a lot of times especially when a new campaign with better rates pops up, participants tends to jump in immediately to those new campaigns.
What's annoying would be not informing the bounty manager about it.
If you are moving to another signature campaign or wants to revoke your own application/reserved slot, do inform your bounty manager. Best to do that through private message here on Bitcointalk, don't do it anywhere else like on Telegram, discord. That'll help the manager to properly make changes on his campaign.
Yes, it is a bit of an inconvenience especially for signature campaigns with limited number of slots but then again, it's understandable.

Yeah, not letting the campaign manager know that you left for a different campaign is weird. Perhaps some would hope they'd still accidentally get paid if manager fails to notice the changed signature.

legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1108
Telegram: @julerz12
What's the current consensus on participants applying for spots in multiple campaigns at the same time?

Is it frowned upon or acceptable?
-Snip-

Thoughts?
It's fine. Happened to me a lot of times especially when a new campaign with better rates pops up, participants tends to jump in immediately to those new campaigns.
What's annoying would be not informing the bounty manager about it.
If you are moving to another signature campaign or wants to revoke your own application/reserved slot, do inform your bounty manager. Best to do that through private message here on Bitcointalk, don't do it anywhere else like on Telegram, discord. That'll help the manager to properly make changes on his campaign.
Yes, it is a bit of an inconvenience especially for signature campaigns with limited number of slots but then again, it's understandable.
Activity: 2898
Merit: 597
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Each thought about someone applying for multiple positions are correct, each opinion that has been given has a point and very valid.
I think when someone applies for multiple campaigns, it's not that even guaranteed that all of the campaigns he'd applied for will he be accepted. But yeah, if I'm a campaign manager and already had accepted someone and then later on, that accepted applicants says that he's no longer going to pursue his acceptance to the campaign, both have just wasted their times but to this, it is the campaign manager's discretion. Yeah, like everyone's opinion, as for the campaign managers - to his each own.
legendary
I agree, if it's a major problem for campaign manager, they could just add an extra rule in the campaign post. But I vaguely remember from the past that some managers would auto-disqualify applicants who applied for other campaigns simultaneously. I was away from this forum for a few years so just wanted to check if there are some unwritten rules nowadays.

If they did, I don't think it was fair!
A user, when applying for another campaign, is just trying to get a better appreciation of his work. This does not mean that he wants to stop working on the current campaign, just that he wants to improve his conditions.

If a campaign manager starts to see that many of his current users are signing up for other campaigns, this is a sign that his campaign is no longer competitive with others in the market. Then, he should evaluate this with the sponsor and see what can be done to insure users.

Sorry for not being clear - I didn't mean a situation where active participants are trying to switch to a different campaign, but when one person applies for a spot in multiple campaigns. In such case, it's probably easier for a manager to just ignore such applicants as there's no certainty they will actually be interested in taking the spot if accepted.

In the comments above people are (correctly) comparing it to applying for a job in "real life". Well, "I'm not entirely sure if I want this job. I applied for multiple other positions and want to wait and see what they say" - is probably not something you would want to say during the job interview Smiley

When there's a large demand for campaign spots, and if there are plenty of quality posters to choose from, managers can afford to be picky.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 4508
**In BTC since 2013**
It's probably would be best if managers themselves would tell what's their stance on it. We can only speculate. Personally, I think it's not big deal. It's inconvenience for managers if users who applied to that campaign got accepted into another. But probably not the major one.

I agree, if it's a major problem for campaign manager, they could just add an extra rule in the campaign post. But I vaguely remember from the past that some managers would auto-disqualify applicants who applied for other campaigns simultaneously. I was away from this forum for a few years so just wanted to check if there are some unwritten rules nowadays.

If they did, I don't think it was fair!
A user, when applying for another campaign, is just trying to get a better appreciation of his work. This does not mean that he wants to stop working on the current campaign, just that he wants to improve his conditions.

If a campaign manager starts to see that many of his current users are signing up for other campaigns, this is a sign that his campaign is no longer competitive with others in the market. Then, he should evaluate this with the sponsor and see what can be done to insure users.
legendary
It's probably would be best if managers themselves would tell what's their stance on it. We can only speculate. Personally, I think it's not big deal. It's inconvenience for managers if users who applied to that campaign got accepted into another. But probably not the major one.

legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1140
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
What's the current consensus on participants applying for spots in multiple campaigns at the same time?

I could argue both ways:
From the managers' perspective - it's probably a major inconvenience if accepted participants are actually not interested as they went with a different campaign.
From the participants' perspective - applying for one at a time could mean available spots in other campaigns can run out while they're patiently waiting for a response from campaign manager (which can take ages, or they could not respond at all) - which also doesn't sound very fair.

Thoughts?
It is up to the campaign managers to judge about such attitudes. They can prohibit applying to other campaigns until they get an answer which should be quick in this case or wearing the signature / avatar until they get the response.
Personally, I think it should be tolerated since empty spaces get filled in few hours in general and might take months to open up again.
That's my opinion unless these people keep their applications in the other campaigns after being accepted in one of it which will be very frustrating for all parties..
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330
Slava Ukraini!

I could argue both ways:
From the managers' perspective - it's probably a major inconvenience if accepted participants are actually not interested as they went with a different campaign.
From the participants' perspective - applying for one at a time could mean available spots in other campaigns can run out while they're patiently waiting for a response from campaign manager (which can take ages, or they could not respond at all) - which also doesn't sound very fair.

Thoughts?
There is good example given above - people applying to multiple jobs at the same time - it's completely normal practice. And when you get calls from both companies that you accepted, you choose that one which offer better conditions.
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**

Just as a person applies for several jobs at the same time, he can do the same with campaigns.

Since the campaigns have different rhythms, it is up to the candidate, when chosen for one, to cancel his registration in the others that are open.

If the campaign manager sees a candidate that he really wants, he should at least send a PM asking him to wait until the closing date for candidacies, guaranteeing that he will be chosen.

Do not forget that this is a market based on supply and demand, and therefore everyone has to be willing to win or lose opportunities, both candidates and campaign managers.
Activity: 672
Merit: 557

I could argue both ways:

Thoughts?
There's no official consensus about it, it depends on each managers perspective.

There's a manager who ask their participants to wear signature during applying, this could be one of selection to know which user is really free and don't join other campaign. But the bad thing is, this rule will make the project get free advertisement.

There's a manager who give feedback or note on a specific user to not accept him anymore because he's a campaign jumper.

But there's a manager who doesn't do anything and no restrict rule about it.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 681
Imo, this is just like applying for a job vacancy at different companies with your same resume. Should be acceptable as long as the person applying is a decent poster. You can easily judge the quality of interest the person has by their posting habits, etc.

From the managers' perspective - it's probably a major inconvenience if accepted participants are actually not interested as they went with a different campaign
If ppl are getting more bucks for renting their sig. space/avatar somewhere else (with a decent project), they change it. Hence, the project owners always have to keep their payrates high enough to compete with other campaigns here and attract quality posters instead of running a low budget campaign full of shtposters.

Ppl dont leave if the camp. got a good budget (for e.g. chipmixer).
legendary

I could argue both ways:

Thoughts?
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
Hey! Fun fact... 63 forum users think that Hhampuz continues the dynasty of managers.  Cheesy

Was this data collected based on the statistics you are doing?

I hope they compile this data soon, as it will be very interesting to analyze it.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 5874
light_warrior ... 🕯️
Hey! Fun fact... 63 forum users think that Hhampuz continues the dynasty of managers.  Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330
Slava Ukraini!
Guys I have a question... is 1 mBTC a normal offer for renting an avatar?

Let's say it's a long-term partnership. Now it's only $21 but when Bitcoin returns to its previous rate, rent will cost $40-50 per week.
I think that even at current rates it would be good deal. After all, in average it's like 50% of what most campaigns paying for waring signature (and in many cases avatar at the same time). $40-$50/week just for wearing avatar without any big requirements would be great offer.
BTW, I remember that 7-6 years ago avatar campaigns werequite frequent thing here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/overview-of-bitcointalk-complete-avatar-campaigns-15-may-2017-1087042
Only later most signature campaigns started to require to wear their avatar and users weren't able to earn extra money by promoting other service in their avatar.
Pages:
Jump to: