Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you approve this strategy: sell alts buy btc? - page 2. (Read 3336 times)

Activity: 114
Merit: 0
On a market like this it might not be wise. I would rather wait until it recovers a little bit, that might boost alts as well.
copper member
Activity: 308
Merit: 1
Veil
In this present market scenario, i think that is the best thing to do .
In the other way round, altcoins may recover fully when you do not expect it.
So deal with wisdom.
Activity: 196
in my case,I will do it if the price of bitcoin decreases to the point of seemingly death. It will bring hiluge impact to the communities and sell their altcoins for bitcoin.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
I think that such strategy may save your whole portfolio...currently I'm very upset because I decided to hold my alts in may/june. I could sell them all by beneficial price, now the losses are terrible.
I really trust a lot altcoins now especially the ethereum and eos and i dont think that selling our altcoins just to buy bitcoin is advisable because holding some good altcoins for long term is also a good strategy so for me we can also focus on holding some alts over than selling it.
Activity: 255
Merit: 10
I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst
I will do that with pleasure but let market be recovered before, I'm not going to sell my alternative cryptocurrency coins while they are 56 down from the price of ICO, it is poor.
Activity: 597
Merit: 250
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
maybe, this way is used for some people.
im wait for the best price for altcoin. if the price is under ico rate, i will hold it. i dont know, maybe until it become garbage. but if the price is almost reach ico rate or reach it, i will sell. but, the most is is i will see the future of altcoin. when it have good future i will keep until the price 2-3 times.
i change to eth, not in bitcoin. im just buy bitcoin if there any remains of money after change to fiat
Activity: 252
I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst
It is depends upon the users if they want to sell alt and buy bitcoin . all we know that bitcoin is still the number one coin .
Activity: 350
to some extent yes, but it is worth taking into account what altcoyins you are going to sell there are also good options
Activity: 423
not at any time, but only when the market has grown enough, you can apply this strategy
Activity: 40
for now bitcoin is still number 1
Activity: 438
If you plan to invest for a long time, then this strategy is suitable.
Activity: 280
Merit: 11
Selling alts and buying bitcoin we should observe this step very carefully the main reason is price fluctuates very often while seeing alts and converting to bitcoin we may suffer losses in between
Activity: 392
Merit: 103
For me its depend on the market price. Because it will be bad idea if you sell your alt while in a low price and its bad strategy if you buy bitcoin when its on high price
Activity: 392

It depends on what kind of altcoins do you have if that altcoin is just a garbage or just a shitcoin if they may say then sell it and probably buy bitcoins bjt if those altcoins have a future like ethereum litecoins and something like that having performances and being entertained by the people then just hold them it is much better to have and altcoin investment rather than pure bitcoins
Activity: 602
It’s quite sure bitcoin have potential as compare other alt coins…I will also try to collect bitcoin by selling my alt coins. But I will also try to sell those coins having week projects & have no a bright future, and I will also hold my best alt coins as well.
Activity: 280
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

For me it depends upon the situations. When I see the price of alts increasing then I must grab the opportunities.  I sell my alts rigth away so that I can gain  a big amount of profits. And when I see the price of btc still in a lowest price I will buy it because I  know that soon the price of btc will back to increased.  This is how I managed my investment in crypto currency's. We have to be smart and wise to gain a success.
Activity: 412
isn't that unnatural?  I think its Creator bought for long-term storage of a few pieces
Activity: 1456
Merit: 567
Approve or disapprove, it doesn't matter as this is what practically everyone is doing right now.
People panic sell alts, bitcoin dominance grows, alts die to never revive again.

Once the market gets cleared up, whales will start pushing btc price upward again.
This will bring the market to the new stage. New projects and new coins will arise only to die in a couple of years.

Remember the top 10 of coinmarketcap in 2013?
Yeah, I don't remember any of them, too. Apart from XRP and LTC, of course.

https://coinmarketcap.com/historical/20130818/

I agree you about panic selling.  But is not it the common sheep behavior of small investors.  They are buying only in bull market but selling in bear market; though it should be opposite.  
But if the alt coins are dying never to recover again why there are more than 1600 cryptos trading in markets.  
https://coinmarketcap.com/all/views/all/
So I request please do not spread rumors without proof.

May be some alt coins are dead but it is not going to be a universal truth.  Presently market is passing through bear phase ; once the market looks upward the price of all good coins will start upward journey too.
I think that you can profit a lot if you play / trade with the btc dominance pattern.
And also i see that there is always a altseason after the bitcoin movement (when bitcoin going sideways) and it can repeat this year.
Activity: 672
Merit: 12
Approve or disapprove, it doesn't matter as this is what practically everyone is doing right now.
People panic sell alts, bitcoin dominance grows, alts die to never revive again.

Once the market gets cleared up, whales will start pushing btc price upward again.
This will bring the market to the new stage. New projects and new coins will arise only to die in a couple of years.

Remember the top 10 of coinmarketcap in 2013?
Yeah, I don't remember any of them, too. Apart from XRP and LTC, of course.

https://coinmarketcap.com/historical/20130818/

I agree you about panic selling.  But is not it the common sheep behavior of small investors.  They are buying only in bull market but selling in bear market; though it should be opposite.  
But if the alt coins are dying never to recover again why there are more than 1600 cryptos trading in markets.  
https://coinmarketcap.com/all/views/all/
So I request please do not spread rumors without proof.

May be some alt coins are dead but it is not going to be a universal truth.  Presently market is passing through bear phase ; once the market looks upward the price of all good coins will start upward journey too.
Activity: 672
Re: Do you approve this strategy: sell alts buy btc?

No. I did regret  this becasue I am all in alts. Though they are in top coins list in CM

If your alts do have a trading sites that could directly be traded with btc, just prefer choosing that type of exchange. Don't ever sell your alts while its not ganing good value, you should stay in patience. Just sell your 30% alt value and don't ever sell everything, because you might tend to be frustrated due to regrets.
Pages:
Jump to: