Author

Topic: Do you believe in god? - page 186. (Read 316048 times)

legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
August 02, 2016, 11:39:58 PM
Yes, i definitely believe in god. God created everything and were so blessed that God created human and give theme knowledge so that here we are today right now, earning money from bit coin so we must be thankful for that. and we must tell everyone that god created all from this world and we should thank him for that.

It is bitcoin not bit coin.

What proof do you have that God exist?  I don't see God anywhere.  If he existed he would be one sick motherfucker.  Creating people just to kill them with viruses and other incurable diseases is
really sick.

Nobody created Earth and all living creatures 6000 years ago, if that is what you are implying.

We should be thankful that we are alive, yes.  But not to "God", but to our parents. 

Your imaginary God did not copulate with your mother to create you, your father did.
Activity: 630
Merit: 267
Just follow the rules
August 02, 2016, 06:07:06 AM
Yes, i definitely believe in god. God created everything and were so blessed that God created human and give theme knowledge so that here we are today right now, earning money from bit coin so we must be thankful for that. and we must tell everyone that god created all from this world and we should thank him for that.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
Soon, I have to go away.
August 01, 2016, 06:26:52 PM
Hey Badecker please stop with the quoting of me, you are ignored, people will think why haven't I replied to you, but I do not see your posts at all.

Once again please stop. 
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
August 01, 2016, 01:26:02 PM
yes I believe, because it was taught by my parents when I was a child until now and I am confident about what they teach.
i hope you believe in god too.

My parents taught me a lot of things, they never pushed anything on me, both fantastic teachers, one a very good author.
They also had confidence in me, and do I believe in what you say you do, emphatically NO.
Never been any falsities spread around in my family at all, and my own children are no different, I never taught them, they just know.   

Trouble with this thinking is, if people are not pushed a little into looking at the reality of God, they forget that they believe in God naturally, in the depths of their heart. Forget God, and you gradually forget life.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1134
Soon, I have to go away.
August 01, 2016, 01:19:04 PM
yes I believe, because it was taught by my parents when I was a child until now and I am confident about what they teach.

My parents taught me a lot of things, they never pushed anything on me, both fantastic teachers, one a very good author.
They also had confidence in me, and do I believe in what you say you do, emphatically NO.
Never been any falsities spread around in my family at all, and my own children are no different, I never taught them, they just know.   
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
August 01, 2016, 12:54:18 PM

It's really great that you believe in God. But don't you think that it is time for you to find out for yourself rather than simply believing something your parents told you?

Cool
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
August 01, 2016, 10:55:26 AM
Activity: 282
Merit: 250
August 01, 2016, 05:11:08 AM

Evolution theory and creation are both based on what one guy wrote to a single book. So it's up to you to decide which narrative you pick, the 150-year old lie or Truth known for thousands of years.
You know, dear, as just the planet earth, intelligent life was born. People immediately began to worship the gods. And this is not my invention. This has been proven by scientists. Religion as such was not there, but in the Stone Age, people worship the gods first. So what you've written about religion and faith in the gods? Wink
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
narrowpathnetwork.com
August 01, 2016, 04:23:28 AM

Evolution theory and creation are both based on what one guy wrote to a single book. So it's up to you to decide which narrative you pick, the 150-year old lie or Truth known for thousands of years.
Activity: 284
August 01, 2016, 01:56:50 AM
No I don't.
Why would I believe in something without any proof?
It is unlikely that all the things that you take for granted, are proved. Do you believe in love? From a scientific point of view, its existence is not performed. But in love, many people believe. If you are not satisfied with this example, I will give another example. The geometry has axioms and theorems. Theorems require proof. Axioms, take for granted, without any evidence. If you are not sure. Look around, you're taking a lot on faith without proof. A lot of things, and do not need proof. They simply exist. I'm not trying to convince you of the existence of God. Just gave the example that we should not deny the fact that we do not know.

I believe in love because I have felt it and that is proof for it.
Can you give some examples of axioms?
Interestno If so, then I can give you examples of axioms.

1). Parallel lines do not intersect.

2). Two points only one straight line can be drawn.

3). Through a point not on a given line, you can draw only one straight line parallel to this.

There are others. But those who thought at first.
Activity: 309
Merit: 118
July 31, 2016, 05:42:23 PM
No I don't believe in God, but going by technological progress, such as Lee sedol the best Go player in the world being beat by Google Deepmind.
This can lead to a being so powerful, for all and purposes it would practically be God compared to us. After the technological singularity,
my answer would change to a "Yes"

Whyfuture.com

Human brain vs the future

There is nothing magical about the human brain, its a extremely sophisticated biological machine that is capable of adaption to environment, creativity, awareness of one's existence, pondering the nature of reality, etc. Compared to lower animals like a chimpanzee that has only 7 billion neurons. They exist in a domain different from ours, and exist within their type of world.

The problem with superintelligence is they are on a domain above us. We ourselves is what designs/defines the world, makes computers possible, and neural networks like DeepMind work towards beating the best go player in the world.

This is us, standing on the intelligent staircase. Below stands a house cat. For us to even ponder 1 or 2 stairs up is as much as a house cat trying to ponder what it is like to be on our level. The type of world we create, build, learn, a house cat couldn't even begin to comprehend even the slightest of our world

Once you design an AI that is one step higher than us, it will be easier for the AI to hop on to another step, by nature it takes intelligence to design, an AI we design one step higher will be better at doing our process of designing an AI one step higher. This is what leads to the intelligence explosion. What we put into that AI in the beginning, the type of personality, and core values it carries, is what it will carry up to the top/the known limits in the universe. It may discover science/technology in every area of things so far beyond our understanding it would for all in purposes appear god-like to us.

Activity: 798
Merit: 722
July 31, 2016, 04:11:30 PM
Activity: 658
July 31, 2016, 02:18:35 PM
yes i believe in god but not in religon Smiley
This one of the best thing, theist should also do the same. Religion is oppressing people so it is a good decision to avoid them and just stick with what you believe in. If you're god is really there then you don't need any middleman like religion.
I largely agree with you. But we must not forget that religion helps many people to find their way to God. A man who has lost faith in the people who do not know what to do. If at this point would not the same person with him, which shows the way to God, lost people, can make a lot of stupid things, or commit suicide. But the person who can help in this situation, it may be a priest.
Yes ,exactly i also agree .and i dont know what religion i will follow but that was the one thing for sure i believe in God and the presence and sincerity how i pray will save us .(not all) but i do include in my prayers.
legendary
Activity: 1274
July 31, 2016, 01:40:55 PM
No I don't.
It is unlikely that all the things that you take for granted, are proved. Do you believe in love? From a scientific point of view, its existence is not performed. But in love, many people believe. If you are not satisfied with this example, I will give another example. The geometry has axioms and theorems. Theorems require proof. Axioms, take for granted, without any evidence. If you are not sure. Look around, you're taking a lot on faith without proof. A lot of things, and do not need proof. They simply exist. I'm not trying to convince you of the existence of God. Just gave the example that we should not deny the fact that we do not know.

I believe in love because I have felt it and that is proof for it.
Can you give some examples of axioms?
Activity: 254
July 31, 2016, 01:26:24 PM
Do you believe in god? If you do, why do you believe? (give a few reasons)

Do you believe in lazer shooting unicorns? its pretty embarrassing that adult people still believe in fairy tales..
But you believe in Bitcoin! Many people may say that Bitcoin is the same tale. And at the moment, they will be right. But perhaps in the future, when the paper money equivalent Bitcoin taken in each supermarket. People will laugh at those people who today laugh Bitcoin.
Activity: 504
July 31, 2016, 11:05:50 AM
Do you believe in god? If you do, why do you believe? (give a few reasons)

Do you believe in lazer shooting unicorns? its pretty embarrassing that adult people still believe in fairy tales..
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
July 31, 2016, 10:06:20 AM

You better believe in God or I'm gonna shoot you in the face.

Activity: 428
July 31, 2016, 09:26:29 AM
No I don't.
legendary
Activity: 1274
July 31, 2016, 07:54:39 AM
No I don't.
Activity: 338
Merit: 101
Enjin Coin - Smart Cryptocurrency for Gaming.
July 31, 2016, 05:39:46 AM
Yes, I believe in God.
Right question should be, do we believe in God as something outside of this world, very distant from us, or we believe in God as our Heavenly Father, someone who cares for us and wants to help us, to solve everyday problems?
I personally believe in God as my real Father, someone who protect me and guide me in my life, someone who love me so much as his child.
It's completely different level than just have some idea that God maybe exist but this fact have no connection with my own life.
What do you think?

According to my rabbi and many respected contemporary torah experts, God is a more objective nonpersonal being, but he can transcend the distance and be personal too if you are chosen by him.
Jump to: