Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you believe in ICO Ratings? - page 23. (Read 6908 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 10
July 17, 2018, 04:30:52 AM
No, I do not believe in ratings. I am sure that the rating can be bought, so you can not perceive it as an objective evaluation of the project. In my opinion, there are no methods that reliably assess the quality of ICO.
Activity: 322
Merit: 0
July 17, 2018, 04:28:14 AM
I think there are good services with great results ! But you should always think with your head !
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
July 17, 2018, 04:24:09 AM
I think a website like ICObench, ICOrating only as one of the reference factors when we will invest on a project. But we also should not be too trust in these websites. The best result is when we do our own research on the project that we will invest.

So  the ico rating website is just one of our references when we going to do deeper research on a project. That's my opinion. Btw sorry for my bad english and thanks!

For me ICO ratings is for the hype of ico to attract more investors. It helps the investor to know more about the capability of ICO. If that ico have a potential to grow or what.
Its good to know that there are website who value and make ratings for ico. It really helps me a lot when it comes in choosing ico worth to invest.
Activity: 104
Merit: 1
July 17, 2018, 04:19:38 AM
I think ICO rating only gives an idea that the project in question has a good plan and predicts that there will be a lot of devotees. If their token sales are not in accordance with their plan it may be their fault for not promoting their project or token price too expensive at first. So, we must be smart and wise to choose ICO. Not because of ICO rating alone, but how the response of potential investors on the project.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 355
July 17, 2018, 03:54:48 AM
More than 100 new ICO per month is created, fow now it's difficult to know what is the real project that will continue the development at the end of the day, because so many ICO is scam, in my prediction 90-95% ICO is scam and those are not continue the development. Basically, most of the investors are seeking the reference on how or where they invest their money in cryptocurrency, they didn't know what is real, it's challenging to find the ICO. Thus, ICO rating sites were created to help us easily sort them out, like example you said is ICObench.com. The problem on the ICO rating sites is lack of experts reviewers. Many of the volunteer on reviewers is prenteding they are experts on the projects and pretending experts on prediction for the value of the token at the end of ICO. One more problem on the other ICO rating sites is all viewers can review the ICO. They can manipulate reviews.

So in my opinon I don't believe on ICO Ratings, because as of now the percentage of scam ICO is very high, and most of them are reviewed on the ICO Ratings which is good rating, but they are scam at the end of the day.

In the same way that there are many scam projects (majority of the ICOs are scams actually) there are also the remaining good ones and it can indeed be a big challenge for anyone to do  the necessary due diligence as an ICO investor....now the same thing can be said about ICO rating site many of them are doing their business meaning they can sell their good reviews for money but there are also those which maintained a good balance between fairly scrutinizing projects and at the same make some money (via sponsored ads). There are therefore many factors one has to look to in judging an ICO but many are just relying on their feeling and luck in choosing. There are now many cracks in the ICO platforms because even those projects deemed to be good and got a bright future ahead also suffered many debacles and reduced value of their tokens once already in the cryptocurrency exchanges...and this resulted into disappointed and soured investors. I can sense that there can be coming changes to the ICO platform in the same fashion as that of the DotCom meltdown.

Activity: 335
July 17, 2018, 03:51:55 AM
Of course I believe. ICO rating it became one of the yardsticks for me to be able to get a nice FAVICON.ICO. from this we are rating ICO will know whether the ICO has a good reputation or not.
Activity: 121
Merit: 3
July 17, 2018, 03:45:15 AM
A lot of ICO scams it upsets me . Rating, obviously do not trust . Better check it yourself .
Agreed. Ratings do not cause a lot of trust, because among them there are no popular ones. Everyone has a different opinion, and no it doesn't add up.
Activity: 112
July 17, 2018, 03:41:54 AM
A lot of ICO scams it upsets me . Rating, obviously do not trust . Better check it yourself .
Activity: 55
July 17, 2018, 03:37:21 AM
I don't trust in ratings site,they don't offer any garantie a project deserved  that score, personally if i want to invest in ico i make my own research.
Agreed. They only spread ratings on the basis of their own opinion and there is no guarantee that their conclusions are at least slightly true. So it's better to do it yourself.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
July 17, 2018, 03:37:21 AM
You can just use ico ratings as reference but as always, with every investment you have to do your own research and do not forget to perform due diligence on what your investing in
Activity: 98
July 17, 2018, 03:36:31 AM
I utilize the ico evaluations as a source of perspective to what to take a gander at. At that point when I discover something fascinating I generally do my own examination to not get copied. An excessive number of ico get a score over 4.
Activity: 196
July 17, 2018, 03:34:29 AM
I don't trust in ratings site,they don't offer any garantie a project deserved  that score, personally if i want to invest in ico i make my own research.
Activity: 434
Merit: 2
July 17, 2018, 03:34:21 AM
Will for me im not quetly trust ico rating sites. Because there are some possible that the website will pay by the owner ico to fet good ratings. Thats why to be make sure make your own analysis on the ico.
Activity: 80
July 17, 2018, 03:32:36 AM
I think ico's rating is important, and there is a team of engineers who look at ico's project planning team. All future white papers must be carefully examined.
Activity: 98
July 17, 2018, 03:28:01 AM
More than 100 new ICO per month is created, fow now it's difficult to know what is the real project that will continue the development at the end of the day, because so many ICO is scam, in my prediction 90-95% ICO is scam and those are not continue the development. Basically, most of the investors are seeking the reference on how or where they invest their money in cryptocurrency, they didn't know what is real, it's challenging to find the ICO. Thus, ICO rating sites were created to help us easily sort them out, like example you said is ICObench.com. The problem on the ICO rating sites is lack of experts reviewers. Many of the volunteer on reviewers is prenteding they are experts on the projects and pretending experts on prediction for the value of the token at the end of ICO. One more problem on the other ICO rating sites is all viewers can review the ICO. They can manipulate reviews.

So in my opinon I don't believe on ICO Ratings, because as of now the percentage of scam ICO is very high, and most of them are reviewed on the ICO Ratings which is good rating, but they are scam at the end of the day.
Activity: 57
July 17, 2018, 03:11:59 AM
Unfortunately I think that a lot of ratings are being paid.
And you can not guess which rating will be real.
Activity: 392
Merit: 152
July 17, 2018, 03:07:57 AM
I really think ICO rating should not be considered as a reference for good or not an ICO project.
we need to learn more about the project so do not just look at its rating alone.
Activity: 103
July 16, 2018, 04:42:52 PM
fantom - has a high rating - their server was hacked and stolen 30k passport photos.
I do not trust a project that can not be protected by a server from hackers
Activity: 224
July 16, 2018, 04:41:53 PM
It seems to me that these ICO ratings websites have stopped evaluate projects. I can remember which projects, but I saw some with high ratings with good colected investments have not yet been implemented. I hope that the projects like https://www.menlo.one/ really help in choosing of the ICO for participation.
Activity: 26
July 16, 2018, 04:38:50 PM
No take them with a pinch of salt. Remember they are pay to play. This means that ICOs that might be amazing but do not have a big budget won't be on the websites.

Use them as a place to find some, but never invest into them solely on the fact they are on the website.
Pages:
Jump to: