Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you believe in ICO Ratings? - page 89. (Read 6918 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 1
May 14, 2018, 09:44:00 AM
I think the rating and the number of tokens sold are different things. Some sites provide ratings with different variables, and I think it's just the initial help to do further research with the projects we're interested in.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
May 14, 2018, 09:29:16 AM
I see many Websites that provide ratings for ongoing ICOs or for the future. Examples such as the ICObench.com Website, ICOrating.com and others.

Which is my question whether you believe in the rating provided by the website. Seeing many ICO's do not match what they value. Many ICOs are arguably good ratings but when the token sales of the project only reach softcap. And there are projects that I see have a fairly mediocre rating but their token sales reach hardcap. I took the example of Lalaworld on ICObench.com they get Rating 3.7 but their token is sold out.

So let's discuss ICO Rating!

One thing to bear in mind with any statistical average is the sample size. For the ICO ratings that I have seen, the sample size is usually very small. For example if a project scores a 4.5 average from 2 ratings, then it is likely not as good as one that score 4.3 from 100 ratings.
The smaller the sample size, the less accurate the result and the more easy it is to manipulate.
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
May 14, 2018, 09:25:31 AM
I personally don't think ICO's rating on various website are to be taken as reference for your investment. However , those resources be can used to do your own research , get importation information , access other alternative opportunities e.g (Bounty , referrals ).Now there are many factors that decide the future of any ICO. So, ICO rating should not be trusted.
Activity: 349
Merit: 10
May 14, 2018, 09:21:05 AM
I see many Websites that provide ratings for ongoing ICOs or for the future. Examples such as the ICObench.com Website, ICOrating.com and others.

Which is my question whether you believe in the rating provided by the website. Seeing many ICO's do not match what they value. Many ICOs are arguably good ratings but when the token sales of the project only reach softcap. And there are projects that I see have a fairly mediocre rating but their token sales reach hardcap. I took the example of Lalaworld on ICObench.com they get Rating 3.7 but their token is sold out.

You shouldn't completely believe it. Although ICO are rated by expert, it's not complete exactly. Remember it's just the numbers, it does not tell the success of the project in the future.
And one more thing, the less people rated, the higher the rating. Example: a only person rate ICO a 10, so rating of the project will be 10. That's funny  Cheesy
Activity: 192
May 14, 2018, 09:19:34 AM
I do not always believe in ICO rating. I will choose ICO which I think will have a future. ICO rating is merely a formality. We need to carefully study the whitepapers that they make and note the roadmap so we can estimate the strategies they may be taking.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
May 14, 2018, 09:04:25 AM
Not really, I do my own research before trusting any rating. Bounty hunters are incentivized and rewarded for giving high ratings and writing positive reviews at ICObench. Not any ratings, but only high ratings! This means a lot of people will do it just to earn tokens and the percentage of dishonest reviews will grow and dominate.
Activity: 756
Merit: 112
May 14, 2018, 09:00:07 AM
I trust them somehow but still, you will need to check the ICO yourself. ICO ratings sites is a good site to do initial study and of course to know what to study. But don't rely to much on it.
Activity: 448
May 14, 2018, 08:56:44 AM
Only ICObench, and ICOrating are best to believe website for ICO ratings, rest are trustless. With the help of these websites, I participate in ICO and invest without any risk and see i never face any issue with ICO. Only few times i found ratings is not exactly be done since they are using prediction but otherwise it is good and i totally believe in ICO ratings.
Activity: 98
May 14, 2018, 08:52:29 AM
I don't believe much in ico ratings site, it's just one of references, i always do my own research on the project i want to invest in. But i think ico ratings site like ICOBench is good, you can check the summary and KYC project of the token .
Activity: 476
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
May 14, 2018, 08:52:05 AM
I believe, maybe the ico rating is given after analyzing the whole ico, and become a benchmark to know the ico is good or not
Activity: 1106
Merit: 506
May 14, 2018, 08:51:56 AM
ICO Rating is a good website to see the details of an existing ico project, I have been looking at the details there but I do not make reference value given ico rating as a benchmark to invest, I just see the details of a legit ico project.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
May 14, 2018, 08:49:40 AM
The problem is anyone can give ratings on ICO rating sites. There are no barriers to become an ICO reviewer and give ratings on ICOBENCH and some other ICO rating sites.

You have to register a profile. No KYC, of course, so you can pretend to be anybody. Then you have to “Apply for Expert” in order to be granted the privilege to assess ICOs.
Activity: 336
Alfa-Enzo: Introducing the First Global Smartmarke
May 14, 2018, 08:46:59 AM
Many people got fooled by that ICO rating.
been encounter with some ICO that is SOLD Out and Good rating .
i think the ICO for me is great when they are so many Ads around in Internet .
it may help their ICO to be notice and have a good trust and more rating .
Activity: 112
Merit: 43
May 14, 2018, 08:43:28 AM
I partly trust them and rely on them when choosing bounty campaigns. All the same, people who evaluate projects have qualified in this area.
Activity: 364
May 14, 2018, 08:42:31 AM

Yes, there are ico's today who are really successful depending on their platform and if investors will like their services on the roadmap then probably the coins will grow even further in the market after a years.
Activity: 392
Merit: 24
May 14, 2018, 08:34:27 AM
there are lots of ICO rating site. So you can find some trust-able and track ICO over what you find 
Activity: 378
Merit: 2
May 14, 2018, 08:32:10 AM
ICO ratings should be used as guides only, so it's fine to look at them and see what they have to say, but I wouldn't part with any funds based solely on their opinion. Best to do your own research, coupled with ICO ratings, plus it doesn't hurt to check forums - like here - to see what others have to say.
Activity: 98
May 14, 2018, 06:14:43 AM
From my deep thought, it is very necessary to take consideration into the ICO ratings. For me, I casually check some of them to get some informations, it can do a lot of help for me. However, it had better understand whether ICOs are worth or not by doing your own independent and active research, which could be more efficency for your investment.  Grin
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
May 12, 2018, 11:15:19 AM
I don't believe in ICO rating. i will do some research to make sure . Most of the time they are not objective and use speculation. I usually read ratings, but never let them form my opinion,
copper member
Activity: 346
May 12, 2018, 11:06:28 AM
Currently, there are many websites that display about ICO rating such as ICO bench, ICO drops, ICO alerts and others.
We can utilize the valuations of these websites as our reference and studying their reviews before we choose or contribute to the ICO we are interested in.
Indeed not all the info we get from these websites is accurate, but the info is still worth to use as our reference.
I personally do not fully believe in the info available on the website, but I do use the existing ICO assessment for my own comparison and reference
Pages:
Jump to: