Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC? - page 51. (Read 4552 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 12
ONe Social Network.
June 02, 2018, 01:15:21 AM
So I support such ICO because when there is such a check then fewer fraudsters buy these tokens and everything is somehow safer, I've already passed many such inspections and everything is great I'm very happy
Activity: 230
Merit: 108
June 02, 2018, 01:11:43 AM
Yes exactly, I’m joining ICOs with required that know your customers to avoid from scammers and also to secured my safety and money in this kind of business because I’m aware to the scammers that spread out in this business.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
June 01, 2018, 10:11:32 AM
I have done KYC so many times. I won't be surprised if one day I am being stopped at the airport. I think KYC poses tremendous risk to investors.
Activity: 5
June 01, 2018, 10:03:21 AM
Unfortunately yes. I very rarely submit my documents. But already 5 times passed ICOs that requires KYC. It is certainly very risky. But, if you choose projects very carefully, then the risk can be minimized. Due to the ban of different countries for participation, more and more companies are asking for documents. This is good on the one hand, but very bad on the part of security.
Activity: 112
May 31, 2018, 10:03:55 PM
Most ICOs need KYC. I'm perfectly acceptable, but if it's an airdrop I need KYC and I'll avoid it. It will make me feel like a scam.
Activity: 224
May 31, 2018, 09:59:24 PM
KYC (Know Your Customer) is a term given to companies that can verify customer identity and manage / support their customers. In addition, KYC is also part of a global regtech policy applied in the financial sector to mitigate financial crimes. Of course, you have nothing to worry about if you are honest and dignified! Smiley
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/regtech.asp
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
May 31, 2018, 09:49:25 PM

not like what you think.
usually the KYC verification is done after the ico project is successful or ends. it aims to meet the rule of law. so I do not mind to do the verification as long as I'm sure ico project is really safe.

Yes, mostly ico ask verification after project end its our prerogative to submit all their required documents.  We got an idea already in the roadmap or what is really going on about that certain project and if we think it's worthy why we hesitant to do so, anyway we can earn a reward.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
https://exip.live/
May 31, 2018, 09:25:57 PM
KYC is good for the cryptocurrency market, this is avoid money laundry and others illegal action using crypto. Regulation and KYC is important to make crypto market more popular and will be more people come in to this market, and make marketcap increase and finally all crypto will be going up. If crypto and ICO unregulated so many people will doubt to make invest in to it.
Activity: 350
Merit: 15
May 31, 2018, 09:03:51 PM
For me, there's no problem doing KYC, because I'm in an unlimited country.
I have a template for documents and data for KYC. If the rules are set, then they need to be ready to execute. Even if KYC is assigned at the end of the company. While they do not want us to enter our private key, I think that this is not a problem related to our identification.
Activity: 798
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
May 31, 2018, 08:09:00 PM
Actually with the kyc we can know all the origin of funds received at the time ico so as to avoid money laundering.
So if you following ico which requires kyc it is actually normal especially the project is legit.
Activity: 234
Merit: 10
May 31, 2018, 07:47:49 PM
The last two icos in where i took part of, did not asked me to provide KYC in order to invest in there, and that is the main reason of why i do not join any of those crowdsales that asks me to provide one.
Activity: 180
May 31, 2018, 07:46:46 PM
Do you know?
What are the criteria for evaluating a potential project?It is not important what this is. Important is this was made a wonderful thing.
This is great project with me!
Activity: 74
May 31, 2018, 07:37:02 PM
I don't see anything wrong with that.If the ICO that collects funds for further development within the law then of course they need to do KYC.This is done in order to further the project had no problems.Airdrop of course I have doubts.But in General, if you are not doing anything wrong what do You fear.It is scammers and people with low social responsibility that are afraid of KYC

It's because it wasn't the norm in the past. Cryto was all about decentralization and privacy, as well as countless scams. People are afraid of giving their information to someone who's actually shady.
Activity: 560
May 31, 2018, 07:36:31 PM
KYC in ico is fine as long as that was a promising ico. but I tend to choose the ICOs I invest in very carefully, so I have a certain level of trust at least in those running the show.
agree, we should be able to ensure that our data will be safe in their hands
only the best quality ICO and the best data security experience, dare I send KYC data
to determine it is very difficult ...... guys
it is possible for the prize hunter to do so because the kyc procedure is done at the end of the campaign and as a condition for receiving tokens when we invest in a pre sale we can only see the team, white paper and track where the project is on run because the scam project usually does not can be accessed where office positions or place the project on the run
Activity: 74
May 31, 2018, 07:35:35 PM
Not airdrop but I did join an ICO that required a KYC. I did not like it, but I did it. I also researched the team extensively to make sure that they are legit. As well as read up on what noteworthy websites had to say about the ICO.
Activity: 722
Merit: 258
May 31, 2018, 07:34:21 PM
I don't see anything wrong with that.If the ICO that collects funds for further development within the law then of course they need to do KYC.This is done in order to further the project had no problems.Airdrop of course I have doubts.But in General, if you are not doing anything wrong what do You fear.It is scammers and people with low social responsibility that are afraid of KYC
Activity: 149
May 31, 2018, 07:32:21 PM
If the airdrop also uses KYC of course if I think it's very risky. And especially now that a lot of people who complain that much has happened for fraud. Of course, if this remains resumed airdrop will fall and did not gain the trust of all the people. And you have to be smart in choosing the airdrop.
Activity: 714
May 31, 2018, 07:18:40 PM
To participate in ICO is very reasonable if a project requires KYC to know where you came from. Because there are also projects that do ICO that prohibits a country to participate in their sales. All that I think is normal if it requires KYC. But if for Airdrop as said above someone is what we should not do. Because airdrop alone why should require KYC.
Activity: 476
Merit: 112
IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain
May 31, 2018, 07:17:49 PM
KYC in ico is fine as long as that was a promising ico. but I tend to choose the ICOs I invest in very carefully, so I have a certain level of trust at least in those running the show.
agree, we should be able to ensure that our data will be safe in their hands
only the best quality ICO and the best data security experience, dare I send KYC data
Activity: 1540
Merit: 507
May 31, 2018, 07:16:03 PM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?
Every legal ICO require KYC.
I understand why people have problem with that... A lot of people heard about blockchain ("anonymous", fast, secure transfers...)
Thanks to the authorities we can´t be anonymous anymore  Roll Eyes
They only working to complete the regulato's compliant. Not all of ico that requires KYC can be considered as legal. if the regulator won't care about that and i believe there will be no KYC requirement just like what already happened on 2014 - 2017
Pages:
Jump to: