Pages:
Author

Topic: Drop in ICO Price after listing - page 47. (Read 35641 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 100
December 02, 2018, 02:00:32 AM
i think its a normal for the tokens after listed, after the token are listed usually some peoples like bounty hunters or investor selling their tokens, so thats why the price drop after listed but its normal in ico
Activity: 1176
Merit: 12
Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji
December 02, 2018, 01:51:22 AM
Because when they conduct ICO, they usually fix the token value at the ETH price at that time. But then ETH price drops as well as bad market conditions, resulting in lower token prices after listing.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1003
December 02, 2018, 01:32:21 AM
Price drop happens due to sell of by bounty hunters. These hunters get the coins for free with minimum efforts so they tend to sell of the coins as soon as they receive it from campaigns.
I reckon on delaying the bounty tokens or transfer them in small batches.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 258
December 02, 2018, 01:29:51 AM
I invested and joined as bounty hunter in many ICO which has good concept, experienced team members and also good hype but after listing price drops very much. Some of project also not recovering since long time. Any comment.

Investors are now after the bonus it's the big bonus that they are after so in case there is a huge drop in price they can still recover the investment, but it is still risky if the coin drop to 60% they could lose their investment, but if the project is good they can hold it and wait for the price to mature.
Activity: 1005
Merit: 500
December 02, 2018, 01:23:59 AM
I invested and joined as bounty hunter in many ICO which has good concept, experienced team members and also good hype but after listing price drops very much. Some of project also not recovering since long time. Any comment.
This year's market is not good. Almost all ICO projects, once listed, the value has fallen directly. This situation has caused no one to dare to invest in ICO projects.
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
December 02, 2018, 01:08:51 AM

I often experience what you experience. I hope after I get the token from ICO distribution then I can get the price as expected but the hopes of the company are different from reality. Almost all the coins have a fairly low price (very far from the ICO price) so I have to wait to sell them when the price is high. But not infrequently also I have to sell these coins even though the price is low because I have been struggling in a bounty campaign and I need that money. Yeah even though it doesn't match the price that I expected but I already feel lucky. This condition is a normal condition because indeed the market is very volatile and difficult to recover.
Activity: 630
Merit: 100
December 01, 2018, 11:49:03 PM
The first thing you notice about the bear market is how fastest the newly listed coin are dumping in price,  it usually feel as if everyone is trying to get all they can and leave.  Many quality project have been devalued and suffer loss as a result of timing and bearish sentiment in the market!
Activity: 330
http://www.daxico.com/
December 01, 2018, 11:27:03 PM
I think it is really common now in any currencies that are getting launched in this months and coming year that's why It is hard to invest even they have a promising project to show in their white papers. I think this year is really not the time to the value of any currencies to get or to surpass the target ICO price in the market.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
December 01, 2018, 11:25:22 PM

Yes, only one thing to say. 1# We are on a bear market, there is nothing that we can do to avoid such price dumps as soon as the listing is done. So better to do not expect huge returns on icos like it used to be before (on 2017). The market is more than different at the moment
Activity: 2324
Merit: 175
December 01, 2018, 11:20:32 PM

I cannot argue with that, because it is really happening, what investors are doing now, is invest on a coin that is already in the market because it is 50 to 80% cheaper, this is why so many ICO are having a hard time reaching their softcap even if the ICO is good and has a potential in the market.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
December 01, 2018, 10:49:38 PM
That's why you should rarely invest in ICOs, after listing in most cases price drops, so if you really wanted to invest then just wait it until hits the market and buy at much cheaper rate than ICO price.

This way you will have less chance to lose money but of course market can drop even more or ICO may exist scam. So weigh your decisons.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 101
December 01, 2018, 10:21:59 PM
When devs. do not want to buy again, we can be sure the new listed coins will drop, things that can make prices go up are the courage of devs. to buy so that it can convince investors or other users to also buy.
Activity: 812
Merit: 11
December 01, 2018, 09:40:09 PM

Its true, many token or coin drop the price when launc in exchanger. Its because many factor, it could be developers team give big bonus for their early investor or bounty hunters selling their reward at any price.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 502
December 01, 2018, 07:44:24 PM
It has become a natural thing when the ICO is finished and entering the exchange will definitely experience a decline in prices because of the influence of the bounty campaign and airdrop who will sell tokens or the results they can get from work or from being airdrop participants and campaigns.
Activity: 420
Merit: 3
December 01, 2018, 03:57:24 PM
Every project, either good or bad at the initial stage, would first dump, then it might pick up later after some it. Most times, good projects tend to respond positively after a while, but those that are termed as shitcoins to the core, might pump at a point, then dump totally. So if anyone wants to invest in ICO, it is better to first to invest in genuine projects, because cone what may, they will later rise.
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit
December 01, 2018, 03:12:06 PM
The price is deterimed by demand of supply on the market and when an ico collect too much money then there will be no demand left on exchange that will cause the price to go down. Ico used to sold out before everyone can buy so they have to buy it at exchange if they want the coin and create more demand. 
copper member
Activity: 230
Merit: 1
December 01, 2018, 03:07:02 PM
A lot of ICO are scams, i seriously don't see myself investing in any ICO especially during this red season. Most of the ICO list far below their price.
Activity: 516
December 01, 2018, 10:42:07 AM
I worked with few campaigns almost 9 months ago but still i did't not received yet. But project was highly good looking also team member. Every coin rate decrease after listing.
Activity: 588
December 01, 2018, 10:40:31 AM

Whatever project you cannot expect the same value after coin has been listed in the market since overall cryptocurrencies taking no big bull run go in the marketplace. I would suggest you to sell the tokens once the tokens has been listed in the any exchanges.
I really wanna give suggestion to go with the altcoins which is dumped more in the market.
That will be retain and boom your profit for sure in the market.

can you share us more about this? this is our of topic, but earlier I made a mistake of selling my tokens for a price that's prolly 20x lower than market price. I knew i had recent problem with my eyes but I really did commit that mistake. instead of earning 90usd, i got 7usd. I'm trying my best to day trade so I can take back whatever i'v lost. Can you impart even a bit of knowledge here please?
Activity: 924
Merit: 106
homt.net
December 01, 2018, 10:35:43 AM
And do you know why? Because people realize that they invested into sh** project, without any progress or good exchange?
I think that your thought is far from the most important thing that people have in mind, the most important thing is that many investors start selling tokens with bonuses that make up about 30% of the purchased funds.
But it would explain a price decline of only 30%, but in most cases price drops more than 10 times, I think that it is mainly caused by bounty hunters.
Pages:
Jump to: