Pages:
Author

Topic: error - page 47. (Read 360500 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
February 03, 2014, 08:52:09 AM
RPC is very cheap!
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
February 03, 2014, 08:48:05 AM
We need to get RPC to other exchanges, now.
Activity: 5
February 03, 2014, 08:30:28 AM
An large influx of more miners isn't what is needed right now. We just need to keep the blockchain alive.
What is needed - desperately needed - is some PR. There is simply no buzz around this coin. The community is not growing, because there is no positive feedback effect.
Those trashing the dumping on Cryptsy are missing the point. Miners have expenses, you can't expect them to hold onto all their coins. Markets simply don't work that way. You think others should hold indefinitely so that YOU can cash in at THEIR expense? Of course you do.

The problems that RPC is facing is a failure of the community to promote it. If you think the coin stands on it's own and doesn't need any promotion - you are a fool who is hoping for a "free-ride". I'm absolutely positive that Ron Paul would disapprove.

Doge has gotten where is has for a reason - and it has little to do with the stupid Doge meme. I fear that much of the RPC community thought the coin would fly on name recognition only. Sorry, but the market is too smart for that. If RPC manages to bounce back it will be because the PRC community did something to promote it. No other reason. There is no free lunch.
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
February 03, 2014, 04:23:43 AM
Join our Pool

BTCAnimusGS Mining PoolBTC

http://pools.animusgs.co.in/rpc/

Mine Before the Difficulty Rises to Moon.! Cheesy

MINE! MINE! MINE!
Activity: 308
February 02, 2014, 07:06:10 PM
Time will prove the strength of this coin. As of now, its price is much less variable than all the others. We have gone through the dumping that some coins happened always at the time when they were listed on cryptsy. Just bought some and also kept every coin mined every day. 70 and counting.  Smiley

Keep holding and mining, we need to support the real good and fair coins.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009
Coin of the Magi!
February 02, 2014, 06:54:11 PM
Time will prove the strength of this coin. As of now, its price is much less variable than all the others. We have gone through the dumping that some coins happened always at the time when they were listed on cryptsy. Just bought some and also kept every coin mined every day. 70 and counting.  Smiley
Activity: 434
February 02, 2014, 05:40:21 PM
So some multipool asshole is throwing 1Ghz to us and now the difficulty retarget is twice the current diff, from 32 to 56.  Roll Eyes

I thought the coin being "fixed" was to prevent just that?
Activity: 321
February 02, 2014, 05:40:10 PM
I imagine the day that there will be a ronpaulcoin booth at every liberty festival and event around the country.  The way that now there is usually a booth for silver and other coins.
brand new
Activity: 0
February 02, 2014, 05:29:30 PM
Glad to hear the motivation is still present, we need a strong community to keep the coin alive.

As for myself I have 25 RPCs and wish I had more Smiley

A little more every day!!

Activity: 308
February 02, 2014, 02:59:00 PM
Hey guys,

Things have been quiet around here... how about a motivation check from the community, price is dropping but this is about more than daily value of the coin...

Are you the people still as convinced of the potential behind this coin? Still in it for the long haul?

thanks for your input...

Haha, we are all still hear and very happy with our coin. The only reason the price is so low on cryptsy is because the people who actually want the coin aren't selling. The only ones selling are the multipoolers who just want to convert is it quickly to a fiat currency they can spend. And we are buying it all up cheap because we expect the price to go up over the year! Smiley

Yep, this coin is a long time keeper, I'm holding everything that I'm mining.
Activity: 87
February 02, 2014, 01:38:55 PM
Hey guys,

Things have been quiet around here... how about a motivation check from the community, price is dropping but this is about more than daily value of the coin...

Are you the people still as convinced of the potential behind this coin? Still in it for the long haul?

thanks for your input...

Haha, we are all still hear and very happy with our coin. The only reason the price is so low on cryptsy is because the people who actually want the coin aren't selling. The only ones selling are the multipoolers who just want to convert is it quickly to a fiat currency they can spend. And we are buying it all up cheap because we expect the price to go up over the year! Smiley
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
February 02, 2014, 11:39:23 AM

For a relatively small altcoin RPC is quite stable. No huge spikes in difficulty, and the RPC/BTC exchange rate is what you would expect when you compare it to the LTC/BTC rate and the LTC difficulty.

What RPC makes strong:
- well known name
- no tons of valueless microcoins. 1 RPC is about $ 16-18, easy to calculate and to keep in mind.
- moderate difficulty, so you can mine it in a small pool of about 10-20 MH/s. No need for megasized pools where you only get a tiny fraction of the cake and have to rely on all others not to cheat. When using p2pool the pool difficulty is low enough to get a fair share even if you only point some KH/s to it.

I think we'll see a lot of altcoins implode in the next few months, but RPC will likely stay  Cheesy

Just my 2 cent.

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
February 02, 2014, 11:37:27 AM
still here and very very happy Smiley
Activity: 10
February 02, 2014, 11:35:06 AM
Jup. Still mining it and never sold any. Smiley
brand new
Activity: 0
February 02, 2014, 10:50:10 AM
Hey guys,

thanks for your input...
Activity: 126
February 02, 2014, 06:04:59 AM
RPC seems to be a sinking ship ever since it's on Cryptsy.

It's a relatively new coin.  What is needed it that devs keep involved and people stick with it.  In dark times like these the community will either kill the coin or save it.
This coin is one of the few real coins, not made for pumping and killing.  This is something for the long run.
Activity: 130
February 02, 2014, 04:30:57 AM
You can always set up your own local P2Pool node if you don't want any fees at all, the instructions are somewhere earlier in this thread.

Otherwise you can point your miner at my pool (1% fee)

http://rpc.freily.com:9127

Just use a RPC address where you want the coins to appear in your wallet as username, password doesn't matter.

Example:
Code:
cgminer --scrypt -o http://rpc.freily.com:9127 -u RMgzVForQfuacGtX1Du2ZnydaZekihHy9Y -p x

Just replace the address with your own otherwise you'll mine for me ;-)

Activity: 58
February 01, 2014, 08:28:49 PM
thanks for the answer, I would learn more about it Smiley
Activity: 162
February 01, 2014, 07:47:38 PM
how do you solo mine this coin?, I have 3Mhs

Same procedure as with every coin...
Get wallet, edit ronpaulcoin.conf, point your miner to your wallet IP. All infos (download address, rpc port) are on the first page of this thread.

But IMHO even with 3MH/s it's not the best to mine solo. Too much time to get a block. Better use some fair pool like the peer to peer solution p2pool. With your hashpower it would be 7-12 MH/s in the pool and roughly 4h to a block (at current difficulty of course).
Activity: 58
February 01, 2014, 07:21:43 PM
how do you solo mine this coin?, I have 3Mhs
Pages:
Jump to: