Author

Topic: Esports Prediction & Discussion Thread - page 105. (Read 68391 times)

legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1870
February 05, 2023, 09:28:57 PM
Does anyone like Vitality ML @1.56 vs Fnatic? I don't trust the other teams playing later today since I think the odds of the other series should be more closer than 65-35. OG vs Heroic over 2.5 maps would've been a solid option if only their series was scheduled at the end of the day. I have no choice but to skip that series since I have this dota bet going on at the same time that series starts.

legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Excel is fun
February 05, 2023, 07:34:17 PM
I didn't really like the way Ramzes plays carry as he's quite inconsistent, and hopefully Secret changes that inconsistency into something worthwhile for him and the team.
With what I've watched on him before, I've got no problems with him on that position and have been idolizing him. But let's see that, there will be for sure new adjustments again.

If you watched him back then, you'll see that he's explosive when guarded by supports most of the laning phase, but kinda falls out when he's left behind. Now a lot of carries that you see are self-sufficient, and can create space for themselves when the going gets rough. Haven't seen that in Ramzes in his carry days so I beg to differ.

It's been months or maybe even a year since Ramzes held pos 1 in big tournaments. Also most of his recent games are on offlane as well. I wonder whether he's still updated on the carry meta or not, but for sure he knows how to counter most carries and he'll use that knowledge to adjust quite well in the position. I didn't really like the way Ramzes plays carry as he's quite inconsistent, and hopefully Secret changes that inconsistency into something worthwhile for him and the team.

Is it already confirmed that he will play with Team Secret? As far as I know, it is still a rumor, but nothing is confirmed yet. It is easier for him to adjust to mid lane since he got experience than the other current players of secret.

I've only seen the rumors of transfer in Twitter, and if it's on Twitter already, there's a high chance that it gets confirmed soon. There's no way Ramzes is gonna leave VP given that he's been with that team for a long time and for sure he's compensated properly. But if he wants to win then there's really no place to go except for Secret, and help carry that team to Div 1 yet again.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 670
February 05, 2023, 07:29:57 PM
I watched a very high level match today G2-FaZe match was really a match on a different level. I had research the odds before for this match, I wish I had done what I wanted. Odds were equal to 1.85 for both teams to prevent G2 on a rise. Even Hooxi was like a fragger in Ancient. In addition, they play this map so fluently and clearly that it was a pleasure to watch. Faze Clan was unable to counter on Ancient map after losing a close score on Nuke map.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1069
February 05, 2023, 07:09:26 PM
It's been months or maybe even a year since Ramzes held pos 1 in big tournaments. Also most of his recent games are on offlane as well. I wonder whether he's still updated on the carry meta or not, but for sure he knows how to counter most carries and he'll use that knowledge to adjust quite well in the position. I didn't really like the way Ramzes plays carry as he's quite inconsistent, and hopefully Secret changes that inconsistency into something worthwhile for him and the team.

Is it already confirmed that he will play with Team Secret? As far as I know, it is still a rumor, but nothing is confirmed yet. It is easier for him to adjust to mid lane since he got experience than the other current players of secret.

There is a significant level of drop in Outsiders' performance recently.

After winning the Major they have started to be more complacent. Maybe they don't want to go tryhard for some time after reaching their biggest goal in the game. Or there are some problems with their current strategies. This time they have been beaten by fnatic in the IEM Katowice tournament. They have a second chance by lower bracket of course. But if they don't improve this effort I won't be surprised if they NIP also win against them. There is a new member in Outsiders roster named KaiR0N- though. First I thought maybe he would be the reason but he didn't play bad today.

But I still see the classic Outsider plays in this game. They are quick to adjust, and they know how to read their opponents. Just this time, they were beaten in overtime by FNATIC on their 3rd map. But it was a very close game. I think outsiders are still very competitive. But as you know in CS, everybody can beat you and you can beat everybody. Sometimes, there are just breaks in the game that can make or break you. 

Activity: 2884
Merit: 620
February 05, 2023, 06:38:56 PM
Another adjustments for them then. Well, as an org, Team Secret is a good org and team so whoever is going to replace someone's position, it will be filled shortly.

Ramzes going back to pos 1? Hmmm, I have been a fan of his when he's playing that position before. I will wait for further announcements.

It's been months or maybe even a year since Ramzes held pos 1 in big tournaments. Also most of his recent games are on offlane as well. I wonder whether he's still updated on the carry meta or not, but for sure he knows how to counter most carries and he'll use that knowledge to adjust quite well in the position.
I'm sure that he's updated on the meta, he never stopped playing but just changed his role for the teams that he played with. IIRC, with one of his interviews whenever he's comfortable with the role he just want to play with it and switch as soon as possible.

So, if it's like this is the role that he wants to play again, I'm sure that he won't disappoint the team and all of his fans that has known him very well for this position since his stay with VP before.

I didn't really like the way Ramzes plays carry as he's quite inconsistent, and hopefully Secret changes that inconsistency into something worthwhile for him and the team.
With what I've watched on him before, I've got no problems with him on that position and have been idolizing him. But let's see that, there will be for sure new adjustments again.
Activity: 2940
Merit: 657
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 05, 2023, 06:32:27 PM
Puppy already accomplished winning TI so he is not that hungry anymore for that title compared to Nisha who doesn’t get that. I think he has the best shot on Liquid since his teammates share same hunger to win the TI just like him.
I don't think that Puppey is thinking like that, he's always been hungry to win another TI and he's been trying hard but up to the point that they've ended up 2nd last TI.

It was so close but yet unsuccessful.

And all of the players that are participating on these majors and minors, none of them would say that they're not hungry winning a TI title.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1630
February 05, 2023, 03:22:49 PM
There is a significant level of drop in Outsiders' performance recently.

After winning the Major they have started to be more complacent. Maybe they don't want to go tryhard for some time after reaching their biggest goal in the game. Or there are some problems with their current strategies. This time they have been beaten by fnatic in the IEM Katowice tournament. They have a second chance by lower bracket of course. But if they don't improve this effort I won't be surprised if they NIP also win against them. There is a new member in Outsiders roster named KaiR0N- though. First I thought maybe he would be the reason but he didn't play bad today.
legendary
Excel is fun
February 05, 2023, 01:47:48 PM
Just like what happened on their short fall on TI, people were talking about Crystallis as the weakest link in the team.

Latest rumours about this, Ramzes is going to replace him soon. I mean he is decent but he might not fit in that team and he has been pretty bad since last season with Secret

Ramzes has left his old team as well so probably they are finalizing the deal
Another adjustments for them then. Well, as an org, Team Secret is a good org and team so whoever is going to replace someone's position, it will be filled shortly.

Ramzes going back to pos 1? Hmmm, I have been a fan of his when he's playing that position before. I will wait for further announcements.

Lots of interesting matches in IEM Katowice today. Obviously, the match of the day will be G2 vs FaZe. Both teams looking strong and haven't lost a single match in 2023, topping their own group in BLAST Premier last week, so I expect this to be a close one.

The rest of the matches will likely be one-sided: Heroic should take on Complexity easily, the same as Cloud9 vs IHC, and Outsiders vs Fnatic.

FaZe currently taking a beating against G2 in Ancient, 10-5. Broky, as usual, is spearheading the offensive for FaZe. Lots of good rounds for this man but simply isn't enough to convert it to wins due to G2's tight positioning on the map. Rooting for G2 but FaZe can probably get this map if they continue that great rotation of theirs.
Activity: 2562
Merit: 659
Dimon6969
February 05, 2023, 01:44:22 PM
Besides it’s Nisha request to leave the team and they can’t do anything to stop it if the player itself wish it since it will affect players motivation if he is playing for the team that he already wants to leave. Team Secret has pretty good run since the wild card tournament to TI but they still fell short. I think Nisha spent most of his career on Team Secret without winning TI so I guess it’s normal for high caliber player to pursue different goal with other team.
And afaik it's Puppey that convinced him to stay longer.

That's true for most good players, whenever they can't get the best results possible they tend to move to a new team. At the same time though Team Secret had some misfortune midway through the season when Yapzor had to step down.

These players have only a short time that they can be really competitive. As they age, their mechanical skills will start to degrade. It is best to find a good team that can lead them to a title before that happens. Nisha made a good move going to Liquid. Hopefully, he would be able to help Liquid to secure a TI invitation later this year and eventually win a TI.

Agree on this. Miracle is the example for this case. He never leave Kuroky side after winning the TI7 even though he has a lot of potential to win more TI if he is on a much stronger team. Right now his health is already hurdle him to play more after so many years of competitive Dota. I guess Nisha made a good decision since he is an excellent mid laner while he is still young. Puppy already accomplished winning TI so he is not that hungry anymore for that title compared to Nisha who doesn’t get that. I think he has the best shot on Liquid since his teammates share same hunger to win the TI just like him.
legendary
February 05, 2023, 10:42:29 AM
Besides it’s Nisha request to leave the team and they can’t do anything to stop it if the player itself wish it since it will affect players motivation if he is playing for the team that he already wants to leave. Team Secret has pretty good run since the wild card tournament to TI but they still fell short. I think Nisha spent most of his career on Team Secret without winning TI so I guess it’s normal for high caliber player to pursue different goal with other team.

That's true for most good players, whenever they can't get the best results possible they tend to move to a new team. At the same time though Team Secret had some misfortune midway through the season when Yapzor had to step down.

These players have only a short time that they can be really competitive. As they age, their mechanical skills will start to degrade. It is best to find a good team that can lead them to a title before that happens. Nisha made a good move going to Liquid. Hopefully, he would be able to help Liquid to secure a TI invitation later this year and eventually win a TI.

Lots of interesting matches in IEM Katowice today. Obviously, the match of the day will be G2 vs FaZe. Both teams looking strong and haven't lost a single match in 2023, topping their own group in BLAST Premier last week, so I expect this to be a close one.

The rest of the matches will likely be one-sided: Heroic should take on Complexity easily, the same as Cloud9 vs IHC, and Outsiders vs Fnatic.

Both Heroic and FNATIC matches went to a full series. They are both playing their 3rd map on Overpass. FNATIC currently leading with 9-6. FNATIC is playing very disciplined CS.
staff
Activity: 2438
Merit: 1616
Crypto Swap Exchange
February 05, 2023, 12:22:22 AM

Natus Vincere seem strong in the main tournament, IEM Katowice 2023. They defeated Cloud9 by a reassuring 2-0 score in total. Especially their performance on Inferno was very impressive. s1mple was also impressive on this map. Some of his AWP shots reminded me of his prime time. It is good to see him getting stronger again because the team need his carrying skills as it seems.

They might be likely to face G2 once again this time here in the upper final. If this really happens I wonder whether they will let G2 win once again. Because they have a quite bad record against them recently.
Yeah Navi should be able to defeat Liquid easily tonight and go to the upper-bracket final. Not entirely sure who they will face there as both G2 and FaZe are in their prime, but I'm going to put my money on G2. If that's the case, hopefully, Navi will put up a good fight and not get 2-0'ed again like the last two times in BLAST Premier Cry I really wish they would just bring back Boombl4, IMO they really need a strong IGL.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1870
February 04, 2023, 09:08:55 PM
I hope you did not make a bet because Ehome played perfectly tonight. They know their winning conditions and executed it perfectly. They finished the series 2-0.
Luckily, I did avoid that match as the other bookies weren't offering any markets and I just decided to go for some league bets.

Activity: 2884
Merit: 620
February 04, 2023, 07:22:16 PM
Just like what happened on their short fall on TI, people were talking about Crystallis as the weakest link in the team.

Latest rumours about this, Ramzes is going to replace him soon. I mean he is decent but he might not fit in that team and he has been pretty bad since last season with Secret

Ramzes has left his old team as well so probably they are finalizing the deal

legendary
Excel is fun
February 04, 2023, 04:29:55 PM
Natus Vincere seem strong in the main tournament, IEM Katowice 2023. They defeated Cloud9 by a reassuring 2-0 score in total. Especially their performance on Inferno was very impressive. s1mple was also impressive on this map. Some of his AWP shots reminded me of his prime time. It is good to see him getting stronger again because the team need his carrying skills as it seems.

They might be likely to face G2 once again this time here in the upper final. If this really happens I wonder whether they will let G2 win once again. Because they have a quite bad record against them recently.

It would be pretty traumatic for s1mple to lose against G2 yet another time. These teams have the best rivalry between teams so far but it's kinda one-sided for the last few maps since G2 took all of them in a very convincing fashion. Well, G2 is the team to beat right now on most tournaments, and m0nesy seems to be improving more and more as time goes by. I'd say his AWP skills are getting refined little by little and just when you thought there's nothing more to improve, he basically just proves us wrong.

I want to see more of G2 and Na'Vi in the big stages. Na'Vi really needs to redeem themselves especially electronic who seem to be exerting a lot more effort on his IGLing for this team.
legendary
February 04, 2023, 04:20:10 PM

XG 2-0 seems tempting against EHOME for the tiebreakers but it's unfortunate that Stake only offers match winner for now.

I hope you did not make a bet because Ehome played perfectly tonight. They know their winning conditions and executed it perfectly. They finished the series 2-0.

Team secret I guess makes a mistake that they release Nisha just for Crystalis even though they have a good draft still lacking with the communications and responses in every clash, and seems like the Team Liquid is the new coming team again for the Ti currently those are preparing for the Majors.

Boom is the one who replaced Nisha in their roster since Crystallis is their pos1 even if Nisha is still on Team Secret roster. Besides it’s Nisha request to leave the team and they can’t do anything to stop it if the player itself wish it since it will affect players motivation if he is playing for the team that he already wants to leave. Team Secret has pretty good run since the wild card tournament to TI but they still fell short. I think Nisha spent most of his career on Team Secret without winning TI so I guess it’s normal for high caliber player to pursue different goal with other team.

And I think NIsha made the right move going to Team Liquid. They are killing it right now dominating WEU, one of the strongest region in DOTA. It is still too early to tell but they look promising to take the TI this season. I am excited to see how they will perform in Lima Major going against the top teams of other regions.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1630
February 04, 2023, 03:49:42 PM

Activity: 2562
Merit: 659
Dimon6969
February 04, 2023, 11:05:34 AM
Team secret I guess makes a mistake that they release Nisha just for Crystalis even though they have a good draft still lacking with the communications and responses in every clash, and seems like the Team Liquid is the new coming team again for the Ti currently those are preparing for the Majors.

Boom is the one who replaced Nisha in their roster since Crystallis is their pos1 even if Nisha is still on Team Secret roster. Besides it’s Nisha request to leave the team and they can’t do anything to stop it if the player itself wish it since it will affect players motivation if he is playing for the team that he already wants to leave. Team Secret has pretty good run since the wild card tournament to TI but they still fell short. I think Nisha spent most of his career on Team Secret without winning TI so I guess it’s normal for high caliber player to pursue different goal with other team.
staff
Activity: 2438
Merit: 1616
Crypto Swap Exchange
February 04, 2023, 10:56:22 AM
IEM Katowice 2023 is in full swing already with the main stage happening next weekend. I missed the first rounds of games as I was a bit busy this week with work but will bet on the matches today and tomorrow. The first match will be NaVi vs Cloud9. NaVi is usually one of my favourite teams, but they are struggling bit lately during the Spring Blast I would probably skip the match and focus on the others. G2 vs BiG is a great match for G2, they are a really strong team and should win that match easily.
Same here missed that first round. I thought this week is only for the play-in and the main event is next week. Dang, CSGO really started 2023 in full force. Feel a bit overwhelmed considering Blast Premier Spring Groups just finished last week.

You got your predictions right for that first round, Navi and G2 taking it 2-0.

And in the most one sided match for the day it will be Astralis vs Eyeballers, which is going to be a win for Astralis. Eyeballers is pretty new in the professional esports scene and is not ready for such a strong opponent
I'm kinda shocked, WTF is Astralis doing in a lower-tier online tournament like this and why aren't they in Katowice Grin

Anyway, I'm betting on the favorites again for the 2nd round of Katowice matches today. 1.8 parlay odds, should be easy sweep for Vitality and FaZe. Good luck!

Activity: 1498
Merit: 974
Bitcoin Casino Est. 2013
February 04, 2023, 07:15:56 AM
Its been a while since i watch the replays with the Nigma and Secret and upon checking unexpectedly I thought Miracle- are still in the Nigma and just saw with their new draft which is Amar The F and its really good that they get this man we know his capabilities to win the game and I don't know in my side if the Secret gets weaker because they Remove Nisha in this match upon watching their game its seems like this not the secret we have watch before.
Yeah, ATF was the man that replaced Miracle. It's been so long that Miracle is out of action and we don't have any ideas if he's going to be back competitively. But if he decides to just retire, he's got already a lot of achievements and he's got enough money covered for that to start anything he want to outside the competitive life. As for Team Secret, fans will really look at that side because Nisha is certainly one of their assets before but it doesn't mean that Boom is weak.

They won a TI and we know how the last International Price pool is and we know how many majors they won in that time but today once they switch to the new Team they've not the same right now, still, those players who already won in TI have a good profit and can make a retirement already.

Its been a while since i watch the replays with the Nigma and Secret and upon checking unexpectedly I thought Miracle- are still in the Nigma and just saw with their new draft which is Amar The F and its really good that they get this man we know his capabilities to win the game and I don't know in my side if the Secret gets weaker because they Remove Nisha in this match upon watching their game its seems like this not the secret we have watch before.

Secret is currently in the dirt right now with their drafting and poor coordination. They would have better chances if their newcomer adapts to what Puppey really wanted to do with the draft. They kinda showed resilience in team fights but they cannot convert those into wins, ending they just lose and lose and lose even in relatively weaker teams than them. While on the other hand, Nisha adjusted pretty well with what Team Liquid wants to do, and it's pretty evident that he's more active in the midlane and does a lot of things in the map compared to BOOM who kinda idles in mid lane and doesn't really do any meaningful rotations to help alleviate pressure in their side of the map.

Activity: 1694
Merit: 516
February 04, 2023, 04:43:04 AM
IEM Katowice 2023 is in full swing already with the main stage happening next weekend. I missed the first rounds of games as I was a bit busy this week with work but will bet on the matches today and tomorrow. The first match will be NaVi vs Cloud9. NaVi is usually one of my favourite teams, but they are struggling bit lately during the Spring Blast I would probably skip the match and focus on the others. G2 vs BiG is a great match for G2, they are a really strong team and should win that match easily. Also FaZe vs Spirit seems like a sure win for FaZe. And in the most one sided match for the day it will be Astralis vs Eyeballers, which is going to be a win for Astralis. Eyeballers is pretty new in the professional esports scene and is not ready for such a strong opponent. For now I am trying to bet only on the matches with a clear favourite so that I can build up my bankroll again for bigger bets during the quarter and semi finals. As for tomorrow Heroic vs Complexity seems like the most one sided game and should be a good win for Heroic. And in the second match Outsiders will meet fnatic, which shouldn't be a big struggle for outsiders.
Jump to: