Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum a threat to bitcoin - page 43. (Read 4893 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 11
May 15, 2018, 04:46:17 PM
I believe that these are absolutely different two parallel projects. And in terms of competition, they are not exactly worth considering
Activity: 1274
Merit: 622
May 15, 2018, 04:22:27 PM
Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is. We all know that ethereum was created by a russian programmer on 2013, and it was launched on 2015. After 3 years it is next to bitcoin in terms of popularity and value.

Let me show you some NBA perspective on this, bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency right? same as LeBron as the king of NBA. But here comes ethereum the prince of cryptocurrency just like Ben Simmons as the prince of the NBA. The prince will dethrone the king on the eastern conference finals same as ethereum that will dethrone bitcoin in the next couple of years. Wether we like it or not the king will reach its limit. Mark my word. Trust the ethereum process!
You should distinguish Ether and Ethereum, these are two different things! Ethereum itself is a platform for a variety of projects and Ether is an altcoin based on this platform. ETH and BTC have different features and if you talk about just money transfer system, which cryptoCURRENCY should be - BTC is better with this function. Not to mention that ETH, unlike BTC, has no limited supply, which reduces demand effect on price.
Activity: 200
Merit: 13
May 15, 2018, 04:00:54 PM
I totally agree with you, Ethereum really has great potential. Ethereum is increasingly popular and used by many ICOs as a platform. In the next few years, it will grow stronger and it may threaten Bitcoin. However, I think, to beat Bitcoin is not easy. Bitcoin is king of the market, it is still too strong now, it will take a lot of time and effort if Ethereum wants to pass Bitcoin. Right now is the chance for us to go to Bitcoin and Ethereum, in the future I think they will be very high prices.
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
May 15, 2018, 03:56:08 PM
I don't think that bitcoin and ethereum are competitors. As for me, the winner is always Bitcoin. I know many people who hold bitcoin as they believe that this investment is really worthy. In the nearest future, the price must become more stable
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058
May 15, 2018, 03:52:20 PM
They are both attacking different parts of the market. So I would disagree.
Completely disagree as well! No one is disputing the fact that Ethereum is solving some problem in the crypto space and so is bitcoin in their own relative spaces. However, what gives bitcoin an edge is the fact that it is deflationary and the community is pretty huge.

So far, that would be a hard one for Ethereum to even over throw when indeed Ethereum itself have so many competitors on ground ready to displace it. This should not even be a debate as any reasonable person should obviously know that Ethereum does not stand a chance in the long run. It will grow and there is no doubt, and so is bitcoin.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 335
May 15, 2018, 02:58:11 PM
Totally disagree. Ethereum and bitcoin is of different platform, different function, different use case and different purpose. How can it be a threat if they are used by investors in different ways? The reason why people think there's a competition between the two is because they are sitting next to each other on the top of all the crypto.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 453
May 15, 2018, 02:55:14 PM
Ethereum a threat to bitcoin??

NO!!! actually ETHEREUM is a big help to bitcoin.
they both keeping the market busy and helping each other to gain price.
They are both useful in many ICO,
exchange use them as a major currency.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 183
May 15, 2018, 02:53:11 PM
While ethereum is not a threat to bitcoin. The cost of ethereum is more than ten times lower than bitcoin. In addition, given that ethereum in its price is almost completely dependent on the price of bitcoin, ethereum is not yet a competitor in the price for bitcoin in the near future.
Also, it should be borne in mind that these are different coins for their tasks and functions and they practically do not compete with each other.
Activity: 406
Merit: 1
May 15, 2018, 02:51:29 PM
both the currency where design for different purposes, to be precise ethereum is really competing with bitcoin which is normal...
Activity: 252
Merit: 16
May 15, 2018, 02:47:01 PM

I think that ethereum is one of the strongest altcoin because of its many demands, and also I think many investors believe that the ethereum will have a good prospect. I am also currently holding ethereum.
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
May 15, 2018, 02:44:58 PM
both coins are rulers in crypto market and more ICOs are depended on BTC and ETH, as of now BTC is the king in crypto currency but ETH have chances to beat BTC but not now it will take time
Activity: 420
Merit: 101
May 15, 2018, 02:36:12 PM
Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is. We all know that ethereum was created by a russian programmer on 2013, and it was launched on 2015. After 3 years it is next to bitcoin in terms of popularity and value.

Let me show you some NBA perspective on this, bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency right? same as LeBron as the king of NBA. But here comes ethereum the prince of cryptocurrency just like Ben Simmons as the prince of the NBA. The prince will dethrone the king on the eastern conference finals same as ethereum that will dethrone bitcoin in the next couple of years. Wether we like it or not the king will reach its limit. Mark my word. Trust the ethereum process!

Actually Ethereum has a very intimidating popularity that threatens Bitcoin in many ways from value to it's popularity. And the possibilities exist that this intimidating popularity will continue to threaten Bitcoin even in the future.
Activity: 116
May 15, 2018, 02:32:51 PM
Perhaps in the distant future it will happen, but obviously not soon. So far, we can see that Ethereum is nothing more than a leader among the altcoins.
copper member
Activity: 266
May 15, 2018, 02:26:57 PM
Ethereum whenever bitcoin challenges bitcoin runs further in the race and in both.There is a competition to challenge each other, the result remains positive both of them.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
OPEN GAMING PLATFORM
May 15, 2018, 02:04:45 PM
I don't think it's the big problem for Bitcoin although ETH can take the first place on the cryptocurrency market from Bitcoin in the near future or not. Bitcoin will always be the first cryptocurrency in this world and it'll be always the most interesting cryptocurrency in this cryptocurrency world although it'll not stand at the 1st rank anymore Smiley.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
May 15, 2018, 01:58:20 PM
The etherium already thoroughly presses bitcoin. Nothing tragic will happen if bitcoin on capitalization gives way to the ethereum. Now and so buying the coins of the ethereum is more promising and profitable compared to investing in bitcoin. Therefore, a change of leader is inevitable. I think, after giving way to the ethereum, bitcoin will continue to develop
Activity: 574
Merit: 102
May 15, 2018, 01:54:26 PM
They can not replace each other, because they have different technologies.
Activity: 210
May 15, 2018, 01:49:36 PM
Eth is nt a threat to bitcoin etherum built on decentralised smart contracts where bitcoin is meant for fast transactions both are different in their aspect either a competition or threat they grow individually
Activity: 581
Merit: 108
May 15, 2018, 01:48:47 PM
Ethereum and bitcoin might both be cryptocurrencies but they serve different purposes so I do not see any threat here!

If we talk of price its still one eighth- one ninth behind to catch up to the legendary bitcoin and besides eth is not flawless yet to be considered the right heir as the top coin. Regardless of these facts both are still among the most powerful digital currencies in this ecosystem.
Activity: 14
May 15, 2018, 01:41:14 PM
Bitcoin is very legend
Pages:
Jump to: