Pages:
Author

Topic: Evolution is a hoax - page 5. (Read 108030 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
November 16, 2019, 01:33:35 PM

Have you examined all the principles and application of all - or at least most - science? Or do you have faith in scientists and the media, that they are telling you the truth?

Yes, I did, for the most part. But that was not the question.

So, now everybody can see your churning weakness that anyone has to put up with just to respond to you.

First you answer the question, even bolding it so that we all can see the question you are answering. Then you say it wasn't the question. If it wasn't the question, why did you bold it and answer it? No wonder you don't understand what I am posting.

Don't worry. You have friends, here. I am calling out to all Christians in the forum to pray for af_newbie.

Btw, you still haven't shown any proof for evolution. But you wouldn't understand it if you had any. After all, you can't even explain the evidence in your own words.

Evolution remains a hoax.

Do you think faith is a reliable way to discover what is true and what is false?

You seem to. You don't understand how evolution could exist, yet you have faith that it does.

Evolution is a hoax.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
November 16, 2019, 12:58:45 PM

Have you examined all the principles and application of all - or at least most - science? Or do you have faith in scientists and the media, that they are telling you the truth?

So, now everybody can see your churning weakness that anyone has to put up with just to respond to you.

First you answer the question, even bolding it so that we all can see the question you are answering. Then you say it wasn't the question. If it wasn't the question, why did you bold it and answer it? No wonder you don't understand what I am posting.

Don't worry. You have friends, here. I am calling out to all Christians in the forum to pray for af_newbie.

Btw, you still haven't shown any proof for evolution. But you wouldn't understand it if you had any. After all, you can't even explain the evidence in your own words.

Do you think faith is a reliable way to discover what is true and what is false?
legendary
November 16, 2019, 11:14:44 AM

Cool

Cool
legendary
November 16, 2019, 10:11:49 AM

The reason we don't know is that we live by faith and belief. In other words, we are religious beings, and live religious lives.

Some of us trust God, so we know by faith. No big crunch. No big bang. Destruction of this universe soon. But loss of this universe to all of us when we die.

Cool

Cool

When you have and understand the evidence you don't need faith.

You, on the other hand, are like a lost lamb in the woods, to be chewed up and converted to a pile of manure
by any pack of wolves (priests) that comes along.

If there is one scientist in the world who lies, there will be thousands who will expose him/her in a New York minute.  Science is the only way we know to get to the objective truth.  Their results are checked over and over.  Every graduate or post-graduate student wants to invalidate previous scientific results and make a name for himself/herself.

But to you it means nothing, nonsensical words scribbled down by anonymous goat herders, who knows when and where, translated and mistranslated by hundreds of other scribes, added and modified millennia later by some old men with pointy hats, those words mean everything.  You accept them without any examination or evidence.  Study other Bronze Age, prior and later myths, you'll understand the parallels and the reasons why the Bible was written.  Study high-school Physics, Biology, Chemistry, you'll understand why the Bible content is pure, unadulterated scientific nonsense.

Your rejection of science is revolting.  

I think people like you are interesting study subjects, Psychologists and Psychiatrists should study you to figure out which part of your brain is affected by your delusion.

You are a sad, broken toy, donated to one church, now passed around like a $5 crack whore.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
November 16, 2019, 07:25:21 AM
^^^ This from the guy who swears up and down that scientists and the media cannot lie about outer space or the shape of the earth.  Roll Eyes
legendary
November 16, 2019, 02:07:33 AM

The reason we don't know is that we live by faith and belief. In other words, we are religious beings, and live religious lives.

Some of us trust God, so we know by faith. No big crunch. No big bang. Destruction of this universe soon. But loss of this universe to all of us when we die.

Cool

Cool
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
November 15, 2019, 07:57:16 PM
^^^

Yeah, just keep telling him he's got no brain...
legendary
November 15, 2019, 07:43:42 PM
This is where entropy comes in (another flaw in BB Theory thinking). There must have been a Beginning. If things had always existed as they do, entropy would have broken down the complexity long ago, so there wouldn't be life, or much of anything else that is complex.

Evolution doesn't violate entropy. Earth is not an isolated system, we get an energy input from the Sun, and radiate energy back to space.
The second law of thermodynamics doesn't mean that the entropy of every part of a system increases. If it did then water would never freeze into ice, because that involves a decrease in entropy. What it actually means is that the total entropy of the whole system has to increase. Any decrease like water in a freezer turning into ice is matched by an increase elsewhere, in this case the heat released into your kitchen by the freezer.

You make a point. But your point doesn't have anything to do with the post you quoted. Do you always simply jump into things with other things?

The point of my post that you quoted was, if our universe never had a beginning, but rather always existed, entropy would have diffused complexity into simplicity long ago. If the universe was such a different kind of thing that this didn't happen for some reason, it is way beyond our knowing.

Actually, a form of entropy is probably the thing that is making us devolve rather than evolve right now.

Cool

We don't know, our universe could experience a Big Crunch, and the whole thing will start over.

To bring 'God' into the equation raises more questions than it answers.
https://i.imgur.com/F1cUgMc.jpg

Cool

legendary
November 15, 2019, 05:56:57 PM
This is where entropy comes in (another flaw in BB Theory thinking). There must have been a Beginning. If things had always existed as they do, entropy would have broken down the complexity long ago, so there wouldn't be life, or much of anything else that is complex.

Evolution doesn't violate entropy. Earth is not an isolated system, we get an energy input from the Sun, and radiate energy back to space.
The second law of thermodynamics doesn't mean that the entropy of every part of a system increases. If it did then water would never freeze into ice, because that involves a decrease in entropy. What it actually means is that the total entropy of the whole system has to increase. Any decrease like water in a freezer turning into ice is matched by an increase elsewhere, in this case the heat released into your kitchen by the freezer.

You make a point. But your point doesn't have anything to do with the post you quoted. Do you always simply jump into things with other things?

The point of my post that you quoted was, if our universe never had a beginning, but rather always existed, entropy would have diffused complexity into simplicity long ago. If the universe was such a different kind of thing that this didn't happen for some reason, it is way beyond our knowing.

Actually, a form of entropy is probably the thing that is making us devolve rather than evolve right now.

Cool

We don't know, our universe could experience a Big Crunch, and the whole thing will start over.

https://i.imgur.com/F1cUgMc.jpg

Cool
legendary
November 15, 2019, 08:56:02 AM

Cool

legendary
November 13, 2019, 01:32:20 PM

Cool
Activity: 1078
Merit: 354
November 13, 2019, 01:22:08 PM

legendary
November 13, 2019, 08:36:03 AM
Natural selection doesn't even make sense. Stuff doesn't select things unless it has the God-like ability to select. It's cause and effect that makes the happenings that people call natural selection.
Yes, agreed about C&E. Slow gazelles get caught by predators and eaten. Fast gazelles escape. Fast gazelles are the ones that breed. The next generation gets marginally faster. Cause and effect. Natural selection.
We are not disagreed on whether natural selection is cause and effect.
We are just disagreed on whether cause and effect is generated by God.

But your C&E focus is way too shallow. Consider the molecules in the bodies of both animals. Consider the molecules in the bodies of their parents. Think like this all the way back to... all the way back to... all the way back to where?

So we see a recent Beginning, and the only other thing that is shouted all around, and expressed by the large majority of people as far back as we can track them, is God. Why? Things like evolution and BB are unknowns.

Evolution is a hoax.

Cool
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
November 13, 2019, 04:07:25 AM
Natural selection doesn't even make sense. Stuff doesn't select things unless it has the God-like ability to select. It's cause and effect that makes the happenings that people call natural selection.
Yes, agreed about C&E. Slow gazelles get caught by predators and eaten. Fast gazelles escape. Fast gazelles are the ones that breed. The next generation gets marginally faster. Cause and effect. Natural selection.

But how about the monekys? they were inferior to humans, still some monkeys exist and some evolved? Why some chose to evolve? I guess there will be slow and fast gazelles in the future aswell like monekys and humans at the same time... Something seems irrational here Smiley
November 13, 2019, 03:04:15 AM
legendary
November 12, 2019, 01:48:16 PM
BADecker I feel we are so close to convincing you, but it will never happen because of your belief in God.
If there was no religion, do you think you might be convinced by evolution?

Actually it will never happen because of my understanding of the difference between science and science-religion... first. However, if my mind deteriorates because of dementia or Alzheimer's or something, then it will never happen because God will maintain me in the truth of himself.

Evolution is a hoax religion.

Cool

We are close on a lot of things though. You believe in natural selection, you believe in mutations - some beneficial to survival and some detrimental. All that we disagree about is the root cause, whether it's God or raw physics.

Natural selection doesn't even make sense. Stuff doesn't select things unless it has the God-like ability to select. It's cause and effect that makes the happenings that people call natural selection. The mutations are C&E derived, as well. C&E is the root cause of everything except C&E, itself.

Cool
November 12, 2019, 12:31:23 PM
BADecker I feel we are so close to convincing you, but it will never happen because of your belief in God.

Actually it will never happen because of my understanding of the difference between science and science-religion... first. However, if my mind deteriorates because of dementia or Alzheimer's or something, then it will never happen because God will maintain me in the truth of himself.

Cool

We are close on a lot of things though. You believe in natural selection, you believe in mutations - some beneficial to survival and some detrimental. All that we disagree about is the root cause, whether it's God or raw physics.
legendary
November 12, 2019, 10:52:02 AM

Cool
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
November 12, 2019, 04:52:11 AM
Without scientism-religion, you would not believe in evolution but wuld know that God created everything in existence.
November 11, 2019, 08:17:41 AM
Pages:
Jump to: