Pages:
Author

Topic: Evolution is a hoax - page 78. (Read 108030 times)

Activity: 39
Merit: 1
March 09, 2018, 04:44:03 PM
There really is proof though,

Our own fetal cycle somewhat derives from virus materials because our evolutionary ancestors incorporated virus dna into our genome.

It's one possible theory for why cancer happens.  It's because your cell's dna gets damaged enough that the ancient viral genes are activated

Is that proof of evolution for you? It isn't scientific proof, however.

Cool

How can that not be scientific? It's purely scientific evidence.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
March 09, 2018, 03:57:13 PM
Why there are still monkeys around if they were part of our evolutionary beginnings ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz0gFarCfBE
Science is a religion.

Evolution = Unproven
Gravity = Unproven
Big Bang Theory = Unproven

While these theories remain unproven to this day, many people regard them as facts because their scientists and their governments told them that they are.

Science is absolutely not a religion. It has nothing to do with the supernatural in any form. Any deference to authority in science discussions is because that authority has done the work to prove their assertions and that work can be followed by anyone with sufficient will to the source, e.g. do the experiments themselves. Religion's deference to authority hits a brick wall at the point anyone asks "why" or "how". Most religious adherents can't even explain why they believe the way they do except with a "just because" or "that's how I was raised", there is no fundamental rationalism built into religion like there is with science. There are many scientists who are deeply religious but science as a group is absolutely not religious in any sense of the word.

Nature has everything to do with the supernatural. Why? Because nobody knows how nature got started, and most of nature can't be duplicated beyond the methods of duplication that nature has within itself. Nature is completely unnatural. Nature is the biggest example of the supernatural that we have.

Cool
legendary
March 09, 2018, 03:51:28 PM
Evolution science has proved evolution is a hoax by finding no proof, and not even any clear evidence in favor of evolution.

The thing is that when presented with evidence for evolution (of which there is a staggering amount), you will just say "oh it's not evolution, it's adaption" or "this evidence doesn't explain everything, therefore it's incomplete and invalid". While at the same time you don't apply such criticism to the tenets of your faith, which you simply accept at face value, because doubting it would be sinful (I assume, correct me if I'm wrong).

You couldn't have said it better, that's exactly the problem with these type of people. They will easily believe a fairy tail that has no evidence yet so against well established scientific theories. He will keep yelling ''there is no proof'' bla bla.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution Start here badecker, for proof of evolution.

Thanks, man. I think it's a difference of mindset. If, hypothetically, you or I were shown irrrefutable empirical evidence that in fact there is, say, a Christian God, we'd have to accept it, whether we like it or not. Would it be bothersome? Sure, but if the evidence follows scientific, i.e. logical rules, so does the result and there wouldn't be much of a problem integrating these new findings into our world view. We don't lose anything.

As a religious person (I'm talking young earth religious, there's plenty of logically thinking religious people), if you accept just one scientific finding as fact (like the yeast example), then what stops you from accepting the next and the next and the next? In the end, nothing of what your life and personality was built upon is left. You lose everything.

The more you stand to lose, the stronger you fight it. That's why logical arguments and evidence as you presented here will not get through to the people you or I argue with.

No disrespect is meant to any religious person reading this, by the way. I appreciate your perspective. But this is what I think may motivate many believers.

The thing that shoots down the evolution idea is something that you said. It's the little wording, "irrrefutable empirical evidence." There is no irrefutable empirical evidence that evolution exists. All the evidence fits concepts other than evolution better than they fit evolution.

In addition, there are hosts of, but several major, pieces of irrefutable empirical evidence that show that evolution can't exist. Because of these, the irrefutable empirical evidence relied upon by evolutionists, absolutely fits something else better.

Google "evolution is impossible" or any other set of words to find reasons why evolution can't have happened according to evolution theory. One piece of irrefutable empirical evidence that might not be easily found in searches, is cause and effect.

Cool

''evidence relied upon by evolutionists, absolutely fits something else better.'' Then they would call it something else, you keep saying the same shit but every piece of evidence for evolution disproves ''creationism''
Now you are trying to tell me that evolutionists wish that God existed!? LOL! They call it what they call it because that is what they wish existed. Period.

If God wanted to convince me of his existence, he would and yet he doesn't. I pray in faith, knowing you will bless us as you describe in Matthew 7:7, Matthew 17:20, Matthew 21:21, Mark 11:24, John 14:12-14, Matthew 18:19 and James 5:15-16. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen.
You already know in your heart that God exists. God doesn't have to convince you of it. The thing that God is trying to do is coax you to be on His side, in favor of Him... without forcing you into it.

And yet nothing happens, ever. There are no miracles. This is very odd. Jesus makes specific promises in the Bible about how prayer is supposed to work.

I don't blame you for thinking like this. Even the Christians often think like this. So, to show you how wrong you are, I will let you show yourself. Here's how you can show yourself.

In the privacy of your home or office, grow another arm. Maybe grow two of them, one on each side, complete with shoulder-like sockets and joints. You can be a six-limbed person, kinda like the hexapeds in E. E. (Doc) Smith's book, Spacehounds of IPC.

Go ahead. Grow them. Or is all nature the miracle?

Jesus says that the miracles will happen according to your faith. You don't even believe that God exists. According to your faith, you are pushing yourself right out of life, even though God is working very hard to give you more time to change your mind... and faith direction.

The miracle for you (if you don't change) will be that God has offered you salvation, but you are rejecting it for a very painful destruction instead. It's like a joker who is dying of thirst out in the hot desert, finding a pool of the freshest cool water anyone could ever want, but trying to drink hot sand instead of the water. It's a miracle that salvation is there for you, but you would rather throw it away for something that is destroying you.

Cool
legendary
March 09, 2018, 03:37:23 PM
There are many similarities in the basic forms of biological early life, and the consistency of evolutionary laws has been recognized. But this is not to say that they share a common ancestor. The concept of a biological species is that there can be no common reproductive offspring between two clocks. Therefore, it is a paradox that they come from a common ancestor.

Through the study found that biological morphology and meteorite strike energy model presents the high degree of consistency, therefore, speculated that biological semina were recorded the meteorite strike energy model, and in the earth's specific environment conditions for germination, and continuously with the environmental change.

Early scientists may be wrong about natural phenomena, but they are not necessarily deceptive, and may be the result of the limitations of scientific historical development.

You are simply saying adaptation. Nothing in what you say suggests evolution according to evolution theory. If it is simple evolution, you might as well say the word "change."

Cool
legendary
March 09, 2018, 03:35:35 PM
Evolution science has proved evolution is a hoax by finding no proof, and not even any clear evidence in favor of evolution.

The thing is that when presented with evidence for evolution (of which there is a staggering amount), you will just say "oh it's not evolution, it's adaption" or "this evidence doesn't explain everything, therefore it's incomplete and invalid". While at the same time you don't apply such criticism to the tenets of your faith, which you simply accept at face value, because doubting it would be sinful (I assume, correct me if I'm wrong).

You couldn't have said it better, that's exactly the problem with these type of people. They will easily believe a fairy tail that has no evidence yet so against well established scientific theories. He will keep yelling ''there is no proof'' bla bla.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution Start here badecker, for proof of evolution.

Thanks, man. I think it's a difference of mindset. If, hypothetically, you or I were shown irrrefutable empirical evidence that in fact there is, say, a Christian God, we'd have to accept it, whether we like it or not. Would it be bothersome? Sure, but if the evidence follows scientific, i.e. logical rules, so does the result and there wouldn't be much of a problem integrating these new findings into our world view. We don't lose anything.

As a religious person (I'm talking young earth religious, there's plenty of logically thinking religious people), if you accept just one scientific finding as fact (like the yeast example), then what stops you from accepting the next and the next and the next? In the end, nothing of what your life and personality was built upon is left. You lose everything.

The more you stand to lose, the stronger you fight it. That's why logical arguments and evidence as you presented here will not get through to the people you or I argue with.

No disrespect is meant to any religious person reading this, by the way. I appreciate your perspective. But this is what I think may motivate many believers.

I would like a God to exist. I was a believer when I was younger. If God and heaven existed it would be wonderful, however I can't just believe they do based on nothing. There is this idea that religious people have that we somehow don't want to accept god deliberately. I'm fairly sure anyone would like a heaven to exist we just don't have enough evidence for it.

There is also this idea of: '' you don't lose anything for believing in god''

First of all, it's impossible to force myself to believe in something and second, how would I know which god to pick?

But consider. Evolution is such a fantastic idea, that believing it is real makes God to be way more powerful than He expresses Himself to be. Why? Because it's easy to look at nature and see that there must be something behind it. It's easy to show that god exists by looking at cause and effect and the fact that we have no cause for all this.

But evolution? Evolution is such a fantastic thing that doesn't match nature, that believing it absolutely shows that there is a God Who is powerful beyond understanding to have made such a thing as evolution, right along with an organized universe like we have.

The whole idea of evolution backs up God way more than the reality we live in... that there isn't any evolution.

Cool
legendary
March 09, 2018, 03:28:15 PM

Our own fetal cycle somewhat derives from virus materials because our evolutionary ancestors incorporated virus dna into our genome.

It's one possible theory for why cancer happens.  It's because your cell's dna gets damaged enough that the ancient viral genes are activated

Is that proof of evolution for you? It isn't scientific proof, however.

Cool
Activity: 1197
Merit: 482
March 09, 2018, 10:13:05 AM
Why there are still monkeys around if they were part of our evolutionary beginnings ?

Science is a religion.

Evolution = Unproven
Gravity = Unproven

While these theories remain unproven to this day, many people regard them as facts because their scientists and their governments told them that they are.

Science is absolutely not a religion. It has nothing to do with the supernatural in any form. Any deference to authority in science discussions is because that authority has done the work to prove their assertions and that work can be followed by anyone with sufficient will to the source, e.g. do the experiments themselves. Religion's deference to authority hits a brick wall at the point anyone asks "why" or "how". Most religious adherents can't even explain why they believe the way they do except with a "just because" or "that's how I was raised", there is no fundamental rationalism built into religion like there is with science. There are many scientists who are deeply religious but science as a group is absolutely not religious in any sense of the word.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 645
March 09, 2018, 09:57:33 AM

Science is a religion.

Evolution = Unproven
Gravity = Unproven

Gravity is ''unproven'' ?
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
March 09, 2018, 08:53:13 AM

Science is a religion.

Evolution = Unproven
Gravity = Unproven

March 09, 2018, 07:21:09 AM

The thing that shoots down the evolution idea is something that you said. It's the little wording, "irrrefutable empirical evidence." There is no irrefutable empirical evidence that evolution exists. All the evidence fits concepts other than evolution better than they fit evolution.

In addition, there are hosts of, but several major, pieces of irrefutable empirical evidence that show that evolution can't exist. Because of these, the irrefutable empirical evidence relied upon by evolutionists, absolutely fits something else better.

Google "evolution is impossible" or any other set of words to find reasons why evolution can't have happened according to evolution theory. One piece of irrefutable empirical evidence that might not be easily found in searches, is cause and effect.

Cool

''evidence relied upon by evolutionists, absolutely fits something else better.'' Then they would call it something else, you keep saying the same shit but every piece of evidence for evolution disproves ''creationism''

If God wanted to convince me of his existence, he would and yet he doesn't. I pray in faith, knowing you will bless us as you describe in Matthew 7:7, Matthew 17:20, Matthew 21:21, Mark 11:24, John 14:12-14, Matthew 18:19 and James 5:15-16. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen.

And yet nothing happens, ever. There are no miracles. This is very odd. Jesus makes specific promises in the Bible about how prayer is supposed to work.
Activity: 238
March 09, 2018, 07:17:10 AM
There are many similarities in the basic forms of biological early life, and the consistency of evolutionary laws has been recognized. But this is not to say that they share a common ancestor. The concept of a biological species is that there can be no common reproductive offspring between two clocks. Therefore, it is a paradox that they come from a common ancestor.

Through the study found that biological morphology and meteorite strike energy model presents the high degree of consistency, therefore, speculated that biological semina were recorded the meteorite strike energy model, and in the earth's specific environment conditions for germination, and continuously with the environmental change.

Early scientists may be wrong about natural phenomena, but they are not necessarily deceptive, and may be the result of the limitations of scientific historical development.
March 09, 2018, 07:14:52 AM

I would like a God to exist. I was a believer when I was younger. If God and heaven existed it would be wonderful, however I can't just believe they do based on nothing. There is this idea that religious people have that we somehow don't want to accept god deliberately. I'm fairly sure anyone would like a heaven to exist we just don't have enough evidence for it.

There is also this idea of: '' you don't lose anything for believing in god''

First of all, it's impossible to force myself to believe in something and second, how would I know which god to pick?

Activity: 39
Merit: 1
March 08, 2018, 10:03:49 PM

legendary
March 08, 2018, 09:53:55 PM

Cool
Activity: 196
Merit: 46
March 08, 2018, 02:13:51 PM

March 08, 2018, 12:48:42 PM

Activity: 154
March 08, 2018, 12:46:33 PM
Don't we live in a world of proof? where is the proof? I mean you have "the book", which has a lot of authors MANY times contradicting each other - what else?.
March 08, 2018, 12:33:01 PM

March 08, 2018, 12:26:33 PM
Why not put an equal amount of research into the things written into the religious writings to find out which ones, if any, are near correct? After all, anybody can look into almost any religious book and find moral guidelines that are exactly what we need to make peaceful living with each other work, if we follow the religious writings.

I actually agree with you on this one. Any religious book may be interpreted as the interpreter sees fit. That's why there are both Christians feeding the homeless and Christians blowing up abortion clinics. My question to you, however, would be, why rely on these religious books for moral guidance, at all? Or pick one religion and put it above all others, as believers do. Don't they all have the same claim to be the one true religion? I don't believe that non-believers are more prone to violence or crime etc. by the way, if that's what you think; there's no empirical evidence that I know of that would show such a correlation.

I really don't know why you keep saying that there's no proof for evolution, I guess we just have to agree to disagree!

In the meantime I'm gonna stick with the body of scientific evidence, built on the scientific method, that makes the Internet, brain surgery and space travel possible and according to which evolution theory is the best explanation for how life developed on earth that we have Smiley

legendary
March 08, 2018, 12:20:29 PM

Evolution is proven beyond doubt. If you have an argument against evolution I'm happy to read it, otherwise don't claim it's a hoax without evidence.

Again with the creationism? One thing is to be skeptical about evolution and another is to blindly believe in ''creation'' The evidence against creationism is beyond overwhelming. https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Evidence_against_a_recent_creation

Unless you claim almost every science is wrong, of course. https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Evidence_against_a_recent_creation#In_summary

Good luck.

If we had put as much scientific research into creationism as we have put into evolution, we would have long ago found that creation is reality, just as we have found that evolution doesn't exist.

Cool

That's a nice post, you haven't refuted anything, though. The evidence against creationism is ridiculously big. Unless, as I said before, you think pretty much all science is wrong.

1. There isn't any REAL proof for evolution. There is lots of talk about evolution.

2. There is a lot of talk against creation. There isn't really enough scientific study about it to be sure about it one way or another. Consider that Stephen Hawking believes in creation, even though he might not use the word "creation" - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.31657588.

You really have things a bit backward.

Evolution is a hoax.

Cool

1. How do you know?

2. Hawking says the universe had no clear "bang." You can wind back the clock to the edges of those first moments of existence, but asking what came before would be like asking why you can keep walking north when you get to the North Pole. Time, as we define it, loses its meaning as the universe shrinks down. I don't see that as admission of belief in creation.

I am beginning to understand how I need to be more gentle with you. You have a science/religion mind-block, similar to the one that notbatman has about globe earth. It isn't your fault... or is it? Whatever, your lack of understanding about what Hawking says shows that it's there.

Cool
Pages:
Jump to: