Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 98. (Read 8740 times)

Activity: 109
Merit: 10
March 20, 2018, 12:38:13 PM
If the conversation is about where it is best to store your money, then it's best to do it on remote or cold devices. I think that such an opportunity will be the safest. Because I believe that today there are no 100% secure systems.
Activity: 63
Merit: 0
March 20, 2018, 12:33:11 PM
You can't trade from your wallet unless your pseudo-wallet "app"has an exchange integrated. Its important to understand an ""exchange"" is a third party selling you something. A wallet is a personal storage device. You cannot exchange Bitcoin for fiat using only software; You must have an account with a third party, who provides order-matching services, or acts as a counterparty to your trade, and provides banking services. You pay fees for these services, and your risk your property by allowing them custody.
So i think you should exchange if you dont need to hold your coins for long term.
Activity: 192
March 20, 2018, 12:02:39 PM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks
It is best not to keep money in one place, decentralization should be decentralized. Keep some money on the stock exchange, some of the money on a cold purse. Situations are different, hackers, special services, scammers. You need to be prepared for any situation.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
March 20, 2018, 11:30:57 AM
If you want to risk keeping your coins in exchanges then be very selective of that but it's way safer to leave your coins in thier respective wallets
Activity: 145
Merit: 3
March 20, 2018, 09:44:33 AM
Exchange is not a wallet. Coins in exchange is not real, it is just a IOU. Exchange can just go away or bankrupted or hacked, and you will got nothing.

Wallet is the right place to store your coins.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
platform for everyday business
March 20, 2018, 09:38:06 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

If you want some advice in this group of community,all you can hear have a different opinion in each of every member of this group,but in my own if i choosen this two, i rather to open a wallet of each coin.because if you put it in your MEW wallet you have your own authority to see or view your balances  in your own private key with your own risk,unlike if you put it in exchanges trading theres a big chances that it will loose,if those exchange trading will be hacked or closing there operation,just like happen one trading site in japan,while talking about wallet there is a most secure wallet they provide the metamask,or the ledger Nano S or this trezor,but this wallet you can buy with high prices at least all your coins is safe and secured.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
March 20, 2018, 09:15:27 AM
If you want to trade then obviously an exchange. If you want to hold then wallet is best as you have total control over your assets. You have the keys to access wallet and you can send where you want.Some holders are having problems getting funds released from certain exchangers
Activity: 658
Merit: 101
March 20, 2018, 09:12:20 AM
Both are good i been store my coin in okex almost 7 month and i think its safe and no problem so far and i can doing trading faster if i want to . I been using mew too and its good and safe too. The point is you need to know where you store your coins, you need to know who they are who hold your coins so it will be safe. Just store your coin on trusted wallet and i think there will be no problem at all.
Activity: 64
March 20, 2018, 09:03:33 AM
I'm feel more secure to store my funds in my own wallet with private seed
Activity: 644
March 20, 2018, 09:01:19 AM
There are some moment that you feel secure storing your funds in the exchange but remember there a lot of possibility that might go down that's why its better to secure your funds into your wallet
Activity: 714
Merit: 102
March 20, 2018, 08:49:24 AM
according to the experience I have ever felt and naturally it would be better if you keep some of your crypto coins in the wallet than on exchanges
Activity: 602
March 20, 2018, 08:44:12 AM
If you wanna daytrade your coins just choose exchange, but choose carefully - some of them going to scam after some time.      
Activity: 1593
Merit: 502
March 20, 2018, 03:21:04 AM
If you mean tokens of ERC-20 standard, there is a Myetherwallet for these tokens. It allows you to safely store any tokens based on the ethereum platform.
Myetherwallet is nothing negative, it is number one in store token. If you want to store ERC stardard tokens on your smartphone, Eidoo wallet will be a great choice. It is very secure and easy to use and we can easily join ICO with ICO engine.
Activity: 602
March 19, 2018, 08:10:12 PM
If you mean tokens of ERC-20 standard, there is a Myetherwallet for these tokens. It allows you to safely store any tokens based on the ethereum platform.
Activity: 252
Merit: 13
March 19, 2018, 07:52:46 PM
I use the exchange for trading.
I use a purse for storage for a period of more than a month.

the exchange is convenient because you can put a pending order for sale and not miss the sale at the right price, even if you are not behind the computer. But it is not safe to store money on the exchange for a long time, although now the exchanges have good very good security.

Purses are safer than stock exchanges, but it is not always convenient with coins to make quick sales. I need to be in any case for a computer. I myself put a call to the block at the right price. When the bell is triggered, I transfer money from my wallet to the exchange and sell at the right price. But the downside is that you need to render the computer very quickly =)
Activity: 112
March 19, 2018, 06:36:15 PM
If you believe in the underlying blockchain tech and you choose to assume the risk of the investment in the coin then the safest most secure way is to store your digital assets off of the exchange in cold storage where you have full control of your private keys. This ICO's exchange allows you the ability to control your private keys securely off their exchange while targeting to bring the masses into crypto which would make this new market more stable for us all. 

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.31823480
Activity: 238
March 19, 2018, 06:26:42 PM
To keep your funds in an exchange is too risky, honestly a few thousand dollars is fine, but there is always a risk. Besides, hardware wallets like ledger nano s are not that expensive and also some coins have software wallets that are free to setup. 100k or a million is way too risky, most exchanges still receive problems due to crypto still being a new market so please do store it in a wallet.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501
March 19, 2018, 05:38:17 PM
I prefer to keep it on my wallet. It looks more reliable. I only trade a small part of the portfolio. If I need to, I can make a deposit
yes really, don't ever keep the coin on the market for a long time. send to the exchanger just to sell it, if you want to be safe, keep it in your personal wallet. i'm not sure with the security of exchanger wallet Grin
Activity: 190
March 19, 2018, 05:30:10 PM
Hardware wallet is safer storage than exachange for your tokens. But when you see good price at exchange and want sell your tokens- you will wait until tokens will be transfered from wallet to exchange
Activity: 686
Merit: 105
March 19, 2018, 05:13:01 PM
I prefer to keep it on my wallet. It looks more reliable. I only trade a small part of the portfolio. If I need to, I can make a deposit
Pages:
Jump to: