Pages:
Author

Topic: FOR SALE - D750 750W Server PSU Breakout Boards - page 10. (Read 47357 times)

Activity: 403
Merit: 250
All,

Received my boards and wiring today.  The build quality is top grade.  I plan to plug up these babies tonight an make some heat.

H@shKraker
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Anything is possible, sure, but none of what you just said is recommended. The boards' 3.3V and 5V lines are auxilary, rated for 2A, so if you can guarantee your ATX supply will pull less than 2A you might not smoke something. The aux power lines are there to power external controllers for handling multiple supplies, or things like Raspberry PI that are packaged with some miners.

The board is built to work with one power supply. There are probably ways to use only 1 breakout board for two supplies, but that defeats the purpose of the breakout board, probably won't be terribly safe or terribly reliable, and soldering stuff to the board will probably void any implied or actual warranties.
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1002
You stated that these can provide 5v and 3.3v, so does that mean they can be used to power a motherboard without needing a separate ATX PSU? If I know how to solder in the 24-pin cable, is this possible with this PSU? Where can I solder in the 5v and 3.3v lines?

Lastly, you said these can be combined for redundancy. Is there a way to use only 1 breakout board for two of these 750w PSU for a combined 1500w? For example, connect this breakout board to one of the PSU, then solder wires from the panel of the 2nd PSU onto the breakout board. Possible?
legendary
Also if you email asking for stuff, go ahead and tell us where you are (country and whatnot) because we can't invoice you an amount without verifying the shipping.

As of now we have around two dozen boards left in stock, and once they're gone it'll be next week sometime before we have more.

I'm going to spend time this week hopefully finishing up and ironing out details for DPS-2000BB and DPS-800GBA boards. I've had a lot of interest in DPS-2000BB boards lately so that's high priority. DPS-800GBA boards I could basically finish now, if we didn't want to implement load-balancing, but that's a totally handy feature.
legendary
Well the link was just put there yesterday evening. The web guy is sneaky like that... I guess?
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
Wow I looked at that page so many times, and totally missed that link. Thank you for posting it. Exactly what i was looking for.

Edit: after noting that the link was added per the note below.

Even better!
I was kinda worried about my having missed that so often.
legendary
The board's official product page (http://www.gekkoscience.com/products/D750_supply_breakout_board.html) has a link to the V0.4 board manual.

Or, you know, http://www.gekkoscience.com/misc/V0.4_Board_Doc.pdf

Which every shipment was supposed to have a printout included in the box, but my packing guy has not been very impressive lately.

Also, the V0.5 boards which we'll probably start shipping next week sometime have much more visible pin labels, as well as a few other minor changes. We'll have an updated documentation available before its release.
Mine came in today. Wow that was fast. Thank you! High quality stuff, well packed.

Wanted to tell Sidehack that one of the reasons for my ordering was the 'made in usa' commitment mentioned earlier in the other thread. Thank you for that.

Lastly... So ah.. any documentation? I went back through all the side-hack posts and so no explicit mention of any, and checked the website as well. I did see the line drawing for dimensions, but nothing electrical. Was hoping for a diagram of what pin is what at least. Im competant enough to make use of all the functionality described, but not completely comfortable just figuring it out from scratch if its not necessary.

Thanks!

Edit:

Ok I did now notice that partially obscured under the pin connector are tiny little letters indicating what the pins do. A diagram about the blue switch box, the potentiometer, and the pins would be nicer to have though.

What I can make out is this
GND COM GND xxx xxx xxx SHR? xxx EON POK
                                           FAN
I bought 2 on thur/fri. Cant wait for them to come in so I can finish my rigs! Currently running with a group of cobbled together ATXs, and this will be vastly superior.
legendary
Still got a couple dozen boards (or kits) available, and more stock coming soon.
Activity: 403
Merit: 250
Just bought 2 of these plus cables from SideHack (I already had the PSUs).  This is some good looking work.  Thanks for your efforts SideHack.

H@shKraker
Activity: 583
Merit: 500
Yes, minersource bought quite a few. Most are being used, but they're reselling some of them also.

These boards are built to connect with one specific power supply, which outputs 750W. They cannot be used with any other supply unless the connector is mechanically and electrically identical. I know of none meeting this criteria, but it's possible something exists somewhere. When I'm not attempting to maintain a small business, manufacturing everything ever, and occasionally sleeping, I'm prototyping for DPS-800 (850-1000W) and DPS-2000 (2000+W) power supplies also.

If you need to run 3 Ants overclocked, you can link two boards load-balanced and provide 1500W. I currently have 4 overclocked Ants running off 3 linked boards, with power overhead for a fifth Ant if I get another.

thanks for the nice reply, looking forward to the 2000+w!
legendary
Yes, I don't have 8-pin connectors. Just 6-pin. As for getting 8-pin connections, your GPU might have come with an adapter? Or it should be possible to find some? Or just use the 6-pin and stuff some ground jumpers into the other two pins?

That last one isn't exactly recommended, but it's probably what I would do on my own hardware. But then I also don't have $500 GPUs...
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
I have a dumb question:

These come with 6-pin pci-e connectors, not 6+2...correct?
For those of us planning on using it with a GPU with an 8-pin pci-e power connector, what is the recommended way to accomplish this?
Activity: 574
I almost forgot to sleep. Put about 1700 miles on my rig in the last two weeks (will have 200 more before lunchtime), and made a few hundred cables (which is actually someone else's job, someone slacking) and either manufactured or fixed (darn minions do a sloppy job sometimes) about 160 boards. Not a lot of time for much else. Had a bit of time to work on DPS-800 boards, which I have two things I need to test still but we might have a PCB design by the end of next week.
Lol at least I wasn't alone

We'd be happy to run some stress tests for you =)
legendary
I almost forgot to sleep. Put about 1700 miles on my rig in the last two weeks (will have 200 more before lunchtime), and made a few hundred cables (which is actually someone else's job, someone slacking) and either manufactured or fixed (darn minions do a sloppy job sometimes) about 160 boards. Not a lot of time for much else. Had a bit of time to work on DPS-800 boards, which I have two things I need to test still but we might have a PCB design by the end of next week.
Activity: 574
Yes, minersource bought quite a few. Most are being used, but they're reselling some of them also.

These boards are built to connect with one specific power supply, which outputs 750W. They cannot be used with any other supply unless the connector is mechanically and electrically identical. I know of none meeting this criteria, but it's possible something exists somewhere. When I'm not attempting to maintain a small business, manufacturing everything ever, and occasionally sleeping, I'm prototyping for DPS-800 (850-1000W) and DPS-2000 (2000+W) power supplies also.

If you need to run 3 Ants overclocked, you can link two boards load-balanced and provide 1500W. I currently have 4 overclocked Ants running off 3 linked boards, with power overhead for a fifth Ant if I get another.

O man that's what I forgot to do last night....sleep. Lol

The boards work great btw
legendary

Activity: 583
ANY CHANCE OF USING these with some of the 1000 watt and above server psu, as that wouldallow 3 ants to be connected overclocked.
Activity: 546
Pages:
Jump to: