Pages:
Author

Topic: FOR SALE - D750 750W Server PSU Breakout Boards - page 4. (Read 47357 times)

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
https://peppermining.com/hash-rate-power-consumption-and-clock-speed/

I'd have no qualms about pushing one of these supplies to 800W. I noticed on the Habanero page that the DC input at 925MHz was less than 800W, and I doubt most people will be able to push their boards that high. You'd need a couple amps overhead for pump and fans. If you set on 900MHz and take in the expected 730W, that allows you a good 6A left over for peripheral.

Additionally, because the Habanero has independent rails, you can put 4 PSU to 3 boards if you want, without having to worry about wiring up common bus and current-share, and each one should pull less than 600W.

For the record, I'll probably be buying one or two Habaneros in the near future to play with and plan on using these PSUs. I'll likely run two kits tied and balanced for two boards, so I can use the combined overhead for cooling (my watercooling setup is very likely "overkill", the radiator fan is 1200CFM Cool )
Activity: 221
Merit: 100
That's what I am wondering,  also.  I've heard that these psu's can actually take about 850w or so,  so it should be able to power one,  particularly at around 650 Ghash.  I don't have a HF clone board to test this yet, though,  but I expect it will.  If not,  I'll just load balance n psus to power n-1 boards.
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
Will your full kit power a habanero ?
legendary
The power supply requires a standard C13/C14 cord. 6 Ants would require about a 10A 240V circuit. If you have that available, you'd be good to go. Also, shipping to the UK is gonna be more than mentioned in the previous post; the $15 flat is for domestic US shipments. Email sales and we'll work something out with you.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Would I just need to get 3 UK PC power cables? I know this is house specific but would I be able to draw enough power from a UK 240v for 6 ants in one room?

legendary
One PSU, one interface board, four cables. Enough for two S1 units. Officially overclocking is not recommended for both ants on a single PSU, but just between you and me these supplies are good for about 20% over rated current so yes it will work just fine.

Shipping is a flat rate for up to 3 kits, so buying 3 gets you the cheapest combined price - right now that's $60 per kit with shipping.
Activity: 38
by 'complete kit' would that just mean everything to get the ants powered and hashing? - might want 3

cheers buddy
legendary
As for the sale pricing, we're gonna leave the prices where they are for a while - no fixed deadline, just until we feel like changing them. So, you know, buy the stuff because discounts and quality.
Activity: 256
Merit: 250
Because it's sterile...
I have bothered the crap out of sidehack, but he has been very patient and answered all my questions. Excellent customer service and I am sure his product will be just as good if not better.  Ordered six PSU and board kits tonight.  I can't wait to pair them up with my bitfury boards.
legendary
Bump for a big price drop on boards and kits, effective until Friday afternoon. We're overstock and need to clear some shopspace. Get 'em while we got 'em.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
We've got one running right now outputting 195A (note that's 30A or 18% above PSU rating), according to the board's current measurement. The power traces on the 12V side are getting warm, mostly from sinking heat from the current sense resistors. The power traces on the ground side are maybe 10C above ambient, maybe. At 195A, that's pretty darn good. We'll assemble a prototype board with no current sense and rerun the test to check the 12V side's internal heating. If after many hours of burn-in everything still looks as good as it does right now, we'll be in business.

Sounds great, I would love to consolidate my 5 PSU's powering my 8 Ants right now.
legendary
We've got one running right now outputting 195A (note that's 30A or 18% above PSU rating), according to the board's current measurement. The power traces on the 12V side are getting warm, mostly from sinking heat from the current sense resistors. The power traces on the ground side are maybe 10C above ambient, maybe. At 195A, that's pretty darn good. We'll assemble a prototype board with no current sense and rerun the test to check the 12V side's internal heating. If after many hours of burn-in everything still looks as good as it does right now, we'll be in business.
Load-testing was delayed, but we're actually doing that right now on the prototype (and it looks good). If everything works as well as we think it will, I'll be posting tonight or tomorrow about options for prices and preorders. I don't like offering preorders but we'll probably have some big customers on this and it might be the best way for folks to ensure they get their boards quicker, as well as helping get money to actually buy parts in bulk enough for economical pricing.

Sounds good! I'll be awaiting the good news!  Smiley
legendary
Load-testing was delayed, but we're actually doing that right now on the prototype (and it looks good). If everything works as well as we think it will, I'll be posting tonight or tomorrow about options for prices and preorders. I don't like offering preorders but we'll probably have some big customers on this and it might be the best way for folks to ensure they get their boards quicker, as well as helping get money to actually buy parts in bulk enough for economical pricing.
Sidehack,

What the word with the DPS-2000BB?? I'm trying to consolidate my inefficient PSU's into one of those. 
legendary
I believe he's been out of stock for a while, and hasn't gotten ahold of me to get more. We can ship to UK and have stock on hand. Email sales@gekkoscience and we'll get you taken care of.
Activity: 53
I'm in the UK - need some breakout boards pretty quick as have asics delivered soon.
I read in that pjcltd was dealing with EU sales - is this still the deal? Otherwise can you ship to UK?
Thanks
CM
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Agreed; some people don't pay anything for electricity.  Lower electricity rates would change this, especially at scale.  I just wonder the trade-off in additional cooling and shorter lifespan.  For me at .11/kWh, with only a few S1's, it really doesn't make sense.
legendary
Depends what you pay in power. If the extra 100W worth of energy use costs less than the yield of 25GH it's still an okay thing. About half of mine are overclocked, mostly because I just didn't crank up the other half. Last I checked, it was still economically favorable for me to run them on higher speeds. Not everyone can say that though.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I don't really see the benefit of overclocking.  I saw that it takes over 100 watts of extra power and only provides 20-25 GH/s.  Seems like a bad deal to me.
Pages:
Jump to: