Pages:
Author

Topic: FOR SALE - D750 750W Server PSU Breakout Boards - page 8. (Read 47357 times)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0
I'm really looking forward to getting some DPS-2000BB boards done and ready for testing. We should also have some DPS-800GBA boards in the works, which'll be handy for folks that are retiring Blade backplanes in exchange for other hardware. The DPS-2000BB boards will have integrated fan controllers (4-wire) with adjustable speed and two headers.

And within a few days we should have some test three-way-controller boards for hooking supplies in parallel and controlling them all as one. That'll take a lot of headache out of people trying to figure it out for themselves. The 10-pin headers on all our boards will be pin- and signal-compatible so the control board should work with all of the different supplies.

You're really, really tempting me to wire up a 220v outlet where our mining equipment is and switch over to these higher capacity beasts.

I have a buddy who "was" an electrician for some time and would probably be easy coerced with beer to help me electrocute myself.

Give me a reason not to pursue this please!

This is exactly what I did last weekend.  Luckily - my racks are only about 10 feet from my breaker box.  I wired in a 30 amp 240V outlet with a twist lock - and then attached the APC metered PDU I had scored on Ebay the week before - and now all the S1's are running on 240V.   Speaking of which - I noticed a comment about there being a Rev 06 board for the Dell 2950 750W PSU's - is that out yet?   I'd like to order some more boards so I can get the rest of my miners up and going on the Dell supplies and retire the Corsairs.

Plus I've got one board that seems to have fried the fan speed adjuster for some reason.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
I'm really looking forward to getting some DPS-2000BB boards done and ready for testing. We should also have some DPS-800GBA boards in the works, which'll be handy for folks that are retiring Blade backplanes in exchange for other hardware. The DPS-2000BB boards will have integrated fan controllers (4-wire) with adjustable speed and two headers.

And within a few days we should have some test three-way-controller boards for hooking supplies in parallel and controlling them all as one. That'll take a lot of headache out of people trying to figure it out for themselves. The 10-pin headers on all our boards will be pin- and signal-compatible so the control board should work with all of the different supplies.

You're really, really tempting me to wire up a 220v outlet where our mining equipment is and switch over to these higher capacity beasts.

I have a buddy who "was" an electrician for some time and would probably be easy coerced with beer to help me electrocute myself.

220V is worth it. most of your equipment will be about 2-5% more efficient and allows more watts per amp, which equates to significant savings over a few months of operation
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
I really want to make a "your mom" joke out of that response, but this isn't really the place.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
You will not regret this. At all.
/someonewithwaytoomuch220vandpsusandantsSAVEME

Dante said it best.  "Abandon all hope..."
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Owner, Minersource.net

You will not regret this. At all.
/someonewithwaytoomuch220vandpsusandantsSAVEME
The Z750 supplies also really like running off 220. Go ahead. Go for it. I'm gonna, as soon as I have free time.

Wrong answer damn it.  Cheesy

Oh well.  We all gotta die somehow. 
legendary
The Z750 supplies also really like running off 220. Go ahead. Go for it. I'm gonna, as soon as I have free time.

legendary

As for the workers, well they're gonna get a full retraining this week on surface-mount soldering and general quality standards. One of the guys is already putting out pretty good work. He's my least-experienced minion, with the least free time, and is putting up more productivity and the highest quality of work.

Glad to hear at least one of the minions has been properly whipped into shape!

Keep up the excellent work.  Truly. 

I make it a point to forward nearly anyone I know involved with mining toward this thread and the other threads highlighting the use of these more inexpensive, yet highly efficient units.
Activity: 106
They are a bit noisy but get the job done well and are one of the cheapest ways to power s1 farms per PSU.

Thanks for the great product!
legendary
We had the revisions made for the V0.5 board the night we received the V0.4 batch. Put it together, ran it through the ringer and made a list of fixes. I just made the first V0.5 fully-functional board last night and we have a list of stuff to change for the V0.6 as well. Gotta keep making things better.

As for the workers, well they're gonna get a full retraining this week on surface-mount soldering and general quality standards. One of the guys is already putting out pretty good work. He's my least-experienced minion, with the least free time, and is putting up more productivity and the highest quality of work.
I just tested a modification on the next batch of boards that should give touchy but reliable fan control to a wider variety of supplies. Just tested it on N750P-S0, N750P-S1, Z750P-00 Rev A00, A01 and A02. They're boards we should start shipping probably Wednesday.

You and your team's agility in revision cycles and turn-around is great.

Even with the lazy-good-for-little workers you rant about occasionally!  Grin
legendary
Oh yeah and they'll have a better mating connector to plug into the PSU. That's one of the things I wasn't really satisfied with on the V0.4, but we got some better parts and a better board to fit them. And the terminal blocks and header pins are labeled better on this version so it'll be easier to know what you're doing. The toggle switch mounts better so it'll be more solid on the board, and hopefully all the underside work will be cleaner. All in all, I'm pretty pleased with the V0.5 boards we got now.

Oh yeah and the current meter should be accurate now. It's calculated to 1.8V on the CUR pin corresponds to a 60A load, with a 5% tolerance on the measurement.
Activity: 403
Merit: 250
Sidehack,

It is at this juncture I must deliver to you the "one armed paper hanger" high 5 ..... sure ... it looks like waving but REALLY it's clapping  Shocked

H@shKraker
legendary
I just tested a modification on the next batch of boards that should give touchy but reliable fan control to a wider variety of supplies. Just tested it on N750P-S0, N750P-S1, Z750P-00 Rev A00, A01 and A02. They're boards we should start shipping probably Wednesday.
Ok everyone, here's my evaluation of this product  powering 2 antminers OC'd to 375Mhz hashing stably between 193 and 202 Ghash.  First thing first, the workmanship is GREAT on this product.  All you have to do is open the static bag that comes covering the board and plug it into the PSU connector  Then connect the yellow wires to the +12vdc rail and the black ones to the ground rail.  Next, plug in the PCI-E connectors to the device you want to to power.  Finally plug the AC plug for the PSU into the wall/PSU and flip the large paddle switch to turn everything on.  Viola, all your connected stuff comes on.  On that fan speed thing, keep in mind that fan speed control POT is REALLY sensitive.  The best way I can describe how to learn of this is to turn the knob all the way down and then slowly start moving it the opposite direction.  You'll get to a point where the fan noise and speed jumps up noticeably.  It's at that point you've crossed the "really sensitive" threshold.  Back off a bit from there and the fan speed and noise will again decrease.  On another note, these Dell PSUs *are* industrial grade server PSUs.  They're not really known for begin stealthy so if the noise bothers you try not to sleep with the PSU next to your head.  For some reason I can't attach a photo of my 2 AntMiners begin powered by one Dell PSU BUT if someone can point me to the directions for doing that I'll upload a photo.  Hope this helps.

H@shKraker
legendary
Anyone ever that has a problem with the fan speed, read https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5721102
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Just wanted to echo the same thing I said in the other thread here in case some people don't follow both.

Don't hesitate to pick up these boards, cables, or full kits which are really competitively priced from sidehack, GekkoScience, or any of his minions!  Cheesy

It's quality stuff from quality folks.

I've had two boards and eBayed Z750P's powering 4 Cubes 24/7 for over a month with no issues whatsoever.

To those who were asking about the noise of the Z750P fan, I'm like sidehack there.  I don't even notice the regular white noise of the fan at normal speeds.  At high speed, you can definitely hear the whine from quite a bit away.  The fan control knob on the board works quite well for the two boards we have but I'm glad to hear sidehack and his team are working out any possible kinks there for future users.

Received some boards from Gekko on Friday and just had a chance to get them up and running tonite.  On the two boards and two supplies I've tried so far - the fan speed knob on the interface board is not seeming to have any effect.  I can turn it all the way from one side to the other - and the fan still stays at the same speed - which seems like a high speed actually. I'm wondering if I'm missing something - I was just trying the supplies hooked up to my cube before I swapped my S1's over.

How about you just cover yourself in latex to protect against electrical short??  Shocked

H@shKraker
Pages:
Jump to: