Pages:
Author

Topic: FOR SALE - D750 750W Server PSU Breakout Boards - page 7. (Read 47357 times)

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
880W at the wall for an 86% PSU is an output power of about 760W. The same from a 90% is a wall consumption of 840W. That difference, not even considering the potential failure/replacement expense, is pushing $33 a year in extra electric at my rates, which are some of the cheapest in the country.

Unless that was 880W output, which at 86% is 1020W at the wall. 880W output at 90% is about 980W, close enough to the same difference for these calculations, but 880W continuous from a 1000W consumer-grade supply definitely greatly increases your odds of failure.

I wonder how hard it'd be to jack a DPS-800 into it instead? Running off 220V that'd handle the load pretty easily.

found a review.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=270    

I think this is okay to run 2 s-1's  at 720 watts 24/7/365  

but 2  modded dells are under 160-170  and this is over 200.  and the  2 dells will do 3 s-1's over clocked to 200gh at freq 393 or 400

my guess is  people will have problems with this enermax if it is what is supplied with the s-2
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
880W at the wall for an 86% PSU is an output power of about 760W. The same from a 90% is a wall consumption of 840W. That difference, not even considering the potential failure/replacement expense, is pushing $33 a year in extra electric at my rates, which are some of the cheapest in the country.

Unless that was 880W output, which at 86% is 1020W at the wall. 880W output at 90% is about 980W, close enough to the same difference for these calculations, but 880W continuous from a 1000W consumer-grade supply definitely greatly increases your odds of failure.

I wonder how hard it'd be to jack a DPS-800 into it instead? Running off 220V that'd handle the load pretty easily.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
I wonder if the internal supplies are 90% efficient? Hopefully the guys making them, especially since they're gonna be charging serious bank, put the best supplies in that they could find.

The s-2's  will use enermax gold 1000 watt supply. It is a good psu, but it will pull 840-880 watts non stop 24/7/365  frankly that makes me nervous to do that on a 1000 watt psu.

I may be able to find a review. I think it will not do 90%  more like 86- 87%  due to the high watts used to watts capacity.

We Have to wait until they are shipped and reviewed to be sure that it is the enermax 1000 watt gold.

http://www.amazon.com/Enermax-Revolution87-Certified-Supply-ERV1000EWT-G/dp/B0076NR822

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=270   this review thinks it will do about 87 percent
legendary
I wonder if the internal supplies are 90% efficient? Hopefully the guys making them, especially since they're gonna be charging serious bank, put the best supplies in that they could find.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Now that would be slick - controlling three PSU's together.  I'd have to sell off all the boards I've already bought though to convert over to that.

False. The three-way board would use the IO headers on existing boards. And all future boards are being designed pin- and signal-compatible, so you could use three DPS-2000BB boards or three DPS-800 boards when those are available, or any past or future revision D750 board.

Also, Bawb3 - it's too bad you don't have V0.5 boards, because the V0.4 boards' internal current meter isn't accurate (reads high) or you could get a good measure on how much power the cards are actually eating. For the V0.5 board, 1.8V on the CUR pin should correspond to 60A. I'd say if your V0.4 board's CUR pin reads 1.2V or less, you're at less than 2/3 capacity and it should be safe to add a third card. Should be, no guarantees.

I've got one of these boards powering a 7870 Eyefinity 6 on my workbench right now, been running for probably approaching a month with no issues at all. Are you using the EON pin to turn the supply on, or manual toggle switch?

Ahhh - excellent.  Even cooler.

One of my concerns going forward though - is if I'll even be using this setup (Dell supplies and Geckoscience boards) - going forward.

Most of the TH level mining units that are coming out seem to be coming with their own supplies. So when (if) - I move up to something else the separate PSU's will get retired along with the S1's.

Activity: 447
Merit: 250
Sidehack, Could you check your email.  I am looking for tracking info for my order this past Friday.
legendary
Now that would be slick - controlling three PSU's together.  I'd have to sell off all the boards I've already bought though to convert over to that.

False. The three-way board would use the IO headers on existing boards. And all future boards are being designed pin- and signal-compatible, so you could use three DPS-2000BB boards or three DPS-800 boards when those are available, or any past or future revision D750 board.

Also, Bawb3 - it's too bad you don't have V0.5 boards, because the V0.4 boards' internal current meter isn't accurate (reads high) or you could get a good measure on how much power the cards are actually eating. For the V0.5 board, 1.8V on the CUR pin should correspond to 60A. I'd say if your V0.4 board's CUR pin reads 1.2V or less, you're at less than 2/3 capacity and it should be safe to add a third card. Should be, no guarantees.

I've got one of these boards powering a 7870 Eyefinity 6 on my workbench right now, been running for probably approaching a month with no issues at all. Are you using the EON pin to turn the supply on, or manual toggle switch?
Activity: 44
I just fired up one of these boards (v0.4 I think?) the other night.

Using one power supply to power 2x R9 290 graphics cards, it works beautifully!
The cards fired right up, and have been running rock solid stable for for 2 days now, I love the idea of using server power supplies that are designed to run constantly.

They also answered all of my questions very thoroughly, and quickly, and I have to say it's been a pleasant experience.

I got the power supplies off ebay for 20$ a piece, and the boards were 40$, so 60$ for a reliable 750w power supply, you can't beat it.
The only additional expense was purchasing PCIe extension cables and some 16awg wire, which I hacked into the necessary connectors for the cards.

The one I'm testing runs 2x 290's with ease, they *might* handle 3 cards, but I don't think I'll risk overloading the PSU.
According to GPU-z each card draws 250-275 watts @ 20-25 amps depending on level of overclock, and how hard the fans are running. However I have no way of telling how accurate that is.

Still got boards and cables available. We're now shipping the V0.5 boards, which have a better supply-side socket (better more reliable fit) and improved current metering. We're working on PCB design for DPS-2000BB boards and should be prototyping soon. We're also working out a package kit for tying three Z750 supplies together with a single control board with better status LEDs and unified control, that'll allow you to load-balance them together into a single ~2200W unit.

legendary
Still got boards and cables available. We're now shipping the V0.5 boards, which have a better supply-side socket (better more reliable fit) and improved current metering. We're working on PCB design for DPS-2000BB boards and should be prototyping soon. We're also working out a package kit for tying three Z750 supplies together with a single control board with better status LEDs and unified control, that'll allow you to load-balance them together into a single ~2200W unit.
It's come down from $125 plus shipping.
Shocked

Wow.
legendary
It's come down from $125 plus shipping.
You mean http://www.ebay.com/itm/301102598928 ? Yeah that's the guy that bought boards and cables in the first batch, added the supply and started reselling them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131138536113 is my listing.

Yes - that's the one I remembered seeing.  He's actually sold a couple - but that's way overpriced IMHO.

legendary
You mean http://www.ebay.com/itm/301102598928 ? Yeah that's the guy that bought boards and cables in the first batch, added the supply and started reselling them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131138536113 is my listing.
As far as I know, two people are. One is us (eBay seller midwestrefurb), and the other is TracerX who bought a few in the first batch and has been trying to unload them at substantial markup for a little over a month. Course now I'm not seeing tracerx' listing so who knows.

Yeah - this was somebody else.  And now I can't find the auction.  I checked under the two  usernames you mentioned and it was not either one of them.  They were offering a "kit" with the PSU, one of your boards, a power cord - and the PCI-E cables (which looked like they made them themselves because they were black and red not black and yellow).

legendary
As far as I know, two people are. One is us (eBay seller midwestrefurb), and the other is TracerX who bought a few in the first batch and has been trying to unload them at substantial markup for a little over a month. Course now I'm not seeing tracerx' listing so who knows.
Good to hear it's working properly. I don't like building things that ever fail.

Any orders placed now will get V0.5 boards, whose fans work on a wider variety of supplies. Still busting up stock though. One of my minions I think is quitting on me, the other two are halfway through training and the other full-time guy has been working on PCB design and adminstrative all week so we don't have as many boards on hand as I would like. I just spent about 11 hours manufacturing and will be at it again tomorrow afternoon to get some (large) current orders met Monday and then stock'll be back up on Tuesday.

I sent you another order a little while ago - keep working those minions!

Somebody is selling a package on Ebay using your boards.  Just saw it this afternoon.
legendary
Good to hear it's working properly. I don't like building things that ever fail.

Any orders placed now will get V0.5 boards, whose fans work on a wider variety of supplies. Still busting up stock though. One of my minions I think is quitting on me, the other two are halfway through training and the other full-time guy has been working on PCB design and adminstrative all week so we don't have as many boards on hand as I would like. I just spent about 11 hours manufacturing and will be at it again tomorrow afternoon to get some (large) current orders met Monday and then stock'll be back up on Tuesday.
Has the board's fan speed indeed failed, or is it just accidentally set to external control? I believe the question has been asked before but not yet answered.

Also, no the V0.6 board doesn't exist yet. We just started shipping V0.5 boards, and are making the list of things to change on the next batch. V0.6 boards won't be avaibale for probably at least a month. The V0.5 boards have better connectors, more accurate current measurement, better labeling and a more solidly mounted toggle switch. Any other changes were made to help expedite manufacture.

I just went back and revisited this.  I could have sworn I carefully checked the positions of the switches when I was testing - but maybe I didn't have them fully moved into position.....

In any case - on the power supply I just checked with, which is a version A00 - the fan speed control is working as expected on that board that had thought that it wasn't.

You'll be getting an email from me shortly at Gekkoscience - I want to order more boards.

legendary
Has the board's fan speed indeed failed, or is it just accidentally set to external control? I believe the question has been asked before but not yet answered.

Also, no the V0.6 board doesn't exist yet. We just started shipping V0.5 boards, and are making the list of things to change on the next batch. V0.6 boards won't be avaibale for probably at least a month. The V0.5 boards have better connectors, more accurate current measurement, better labeling and a more solidly mounted toggle switch. Any other changes were made to help expedite manufacture.
Pages:
Jump to: