Pages:
Author

Topic: FOR SALE - D750 750W Server PSU Breakout Boards - page 2. (Read 47357 times)

legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6231
Crypto Swap Exchange
Let me scroll up four posts...

We're changing up the "standard package" by offering reduced-feature boards. The stock board won't have current sense or the 5VDC on it, since a lot of people probably don't use those anyway, and it saves a few dollars on parts. Those features will be optional though, so if you want 'em you just need to request 'em. Additionally about the only parts we've ever had issues with failing on these are the toggle switch, so we're replacing the toggle with a push-on push-off button; we're also replacing the fan speed knob with a trimpot. That greatly reduces the amount of stuff sticking up off the board, which will make them slightly less user-friendly but a whole lot less likely to be broken during shipping. If you want the toggle and full-height knob, we can install those instead but you'll have to request 'em.

See what happens when you read all 10 pages, by the end you get stupid (er)

This is me going DUH!

-Dave
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Let me scroll up four posts...

We're changing up the "standard package" by offering reduced-feature boards. The stock board won't have current sense or the 5VDC on it, since a lot of people probably don't use those anyway, and it saves a few dollars on parts. Those features will be optional though, so if you want 'em you just need to request 'em. Additionally about the only parts we've ever had issues with failing on these are the toggle switch, so we're replacing the toggle with a push-on push-off button; we're also replacing the fan speed knob with a trimpot. That greatly reduces the amount of stuff sticking up off the board, which will make them slightly less user-friendly but a whole lot less likely to be broken during shipping. If you want the toggle and full-height knob, we can install those instead but you'll have to request 'em.
legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6231
Crypto Swap Exchange
Just to let everyone know, we should start rolling out fresh stock of the new batch of D750 boards sometime next week. Initial availability will be the reduced-feature boards, which will be cheaper as just the boards. Kit price will still be $55, as we were selling them previously pretty much at-cost to keep sales up and then didn't change the price when sales exploded.

What are the reduced features of the reduced feature board? Or is just the board with nothing else included?
-Dave
legendary
Just to let everyone know, we should start rolling out fresh stock of the new batch of D750 boards sometime next week. Initial availability will be the reduced-feature boards, which will be cheaper as just the boards. Kit price will still be $55, as we were selling them previously pretty much at-cost to keep sales up and then didn't change the price when sales exploded.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Thought I would mention that I'm selling these as the Aussie Distributor.

I only have 3 left on hand. Then I too will be waiting on stock like the rest of the world.

http://btcminer.com.au/product/dell-750-watt-server-supply-breakout-board/
Just to let the Aussie buyers know that ive bought 2 different orders from Brad and each order was posted super fast and delivered packaged nice and safe.
I bought a couple of the kits which included the PSU, breakout boards and cables, everything needed to power up the Antminer S1s and S3s.
Price is cheap as chips compared to buying an ATX psu.

The kits have been working beautifully running 2 x S1s on one psu and an S3 on the other kit.
Would highly recommend this Aussie Seller.

His website is http://btcminer.com.au/ if you want to check it out.

I also bought a couple of these boards and cables from Gekkoscience around March this year and they are still going strong. He also posted superfast and his aussie reseller is keeping up the tradition.
Anyone in OZ should definitely contact Brad through his website to get the gear within a couple of days compared to the international wait. (Obviously depends on stock levels of course), it looks like a lot of people are using this supercheap, super efficient alternative to expensive ATX setups now.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
Thought I would mention that I'm selling these as the Aussie Distributor.

I only have 3 left on hand. Then I too will be waiting on stock like the rest of the world.

http://btcminer.com.au/product/dell-750-watt-server-supply-breakout-board/
legendary
Update - we are currently out of D750 boards. Orders came in hot and fast the last two weeks and drained what we thought was a pretty good buffer. We have PCBs on order for more but don't expect to be shipping any D750 stuff for about two weeks.

legendary
Hey, thanks CG. That was indeed a fast delivery. We still have a couple dozen of these kits available if anyone's still looking for reliable, affordable and efficient power.

Also we've gotten several people lately asking about hosting, which we've been considering for a while. The time to make decisions is now upon us, so we're looking for opinions.

If I may redirect the reader to https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7814500 for a look at what we might be doing before long, and gather some opinions and try to gauge general interest, it would be appreciated. We've pretty much got until about Tuesday 15th to decide if we're gonna be able to move forward or not.
legendary
Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007
Quick shipment and excellent product! Great service from my pals at the scientific gekko academy.
Activity: 857
Merit: 1000
Anger is a gift.
Three of these would get you at least 2300W without issue, so if your S3 pulls less than about 460W overclocked (recall that's DC power, not from-the-wall) you should be fine. I had five overclocked S1 parked on three of these for a couple months with exactly zero problems.

Same here. Have 5 OC'd S1's running on 3 of these PSU's load balanced with no issues. I am going to sell the S1's and put the 5 S3's I bought on these PSU's.
legendary
Three of these would get you at least 2300W without issue, so if your S3 pulls less than about 460W overclocked (recall that's DC power, not from-the-wall) you should be fine. I had five overclocked S1 parked on three of these for a couple months with exactly zero problems.
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
Too risk to power 5 oced S3s on 3 of those PSUs (load Balanced) ?

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App
legendary
We've still got some of these for sale. They've been moving a bit more lately, looks like folks are picking them up to run S3s and RKBoxes and such.

We're looking at building another batch with a feature-stripped option, basically just breakout and basic controls (on/off, internal fan speed, EON, current share) but no 5V rail, no current sense, stuff like that. We'd still have full-feature boards available but also stocking the basic boards, which would probably sell for about $25 apiece.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Anyone in the UK selling these Breakout Boards with cables ??
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
Sidehack,

Just e-mailed your sales for a Dell.
legendary
The overcurrent protection in the supply trips out typically around 76 to 80A. I've taken them up that far using a dummy load through one of our boards. Not sure how well they'll sustain that power, but we've had customers reporting running upward of 800W sustained without any problems.
Activity: 479
Merit: 250
I've picked up 7 of these boards - and I have to say - I'm dumb founded.  Most of these 750 supplies can consistently pull 800 to 850 from the wall and not even blink.  Sure they are loud when you turn the fan up, but the screw terminals mean infinite wiring options for any type of device whether it is PCI-e or not.  Just wanted to say - I'm thrilled with them.

A supply rated for 750 Watts running at full load is expected to pull more than 750 Watts at the wall by 10-20% depending on the efficiency.  The 750 Watt rating is for the output power.
Activity: 195
Merit: 100
Mining since bitcoin was $1
I've picked up 7 of these boards - and I have to say - I'm dumb founded.  Most of these 750 supplies can consistently pull 800 to 850 from the wall and not even blink.  Sure they are loud when you turn the fan up, but the screw terminals mean infinite wiring options for any type of device whether it is PCI-e or not.  Just wanted to say - I'm thrilled with them.
legendary
I don't sell anything under 16AWG. I've pulled 27A per cable before with no issues - certainly don't recommend that for extended periods but they can do it. The $55 kit comes with 4 16AWG 18" 6-pin cables.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Two alternative setups for the gigampz DPS800 boards: you can fit 2 16awg wires per terminal if you need to balance larger loads. I sell both the 6" 18awg splitters and 24" 16awg leads in my signature link. I imagine that the D750 boards would behave the same way

This is what happens when you use adapters with thin wires unable to carry a load. notice this is an 8pin ATX to 6pin PCIe adapter that burnt up under 200w load, probably only a 22awg wire at best. it even melted into a nearby fan wire.

notice the difference between the burnt-out adapter and the 18awg y-splitter I sell. There is also a 16awg tip from the 24" cable visible, which is a little bit thicker again.
Pages:
Jump to: