Pages:
Author

Topic: FOR SALE - D750 750W Server PSU Breakout Boards - page 9. (Read 47357 times)

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Unless you ever need to maintain it.

A semi-permanent solution I'd recommend is cut a piece of plastic or something and mount it using the screw holes on the board. Won't come off on its own but easy to remove if you need to.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Owner, Minersource.net
Yes, if the bottom side hits metal it could risk shorting. I'd recommend putting a rubber mat, tupperware lid, or junkmail underneath the board just in case.

Perhaps being given a coat of Plasti-dip might help?
http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip
legendary
Yes, if the bottom side hits metal it could risk shorting. I'd recommend putting a rubber mat, tupperware lid, or junkmail underneath the board just in case.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
So this is probably a dumb question, but is it safe for these exposed boards to sit on a rubber coated wire rack? Would there be an issue if they somehow can in contact with the metal wire rack?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Just wanted to echo the same thing I said in the other thread here in case some people don't follow both.

Don't hesitate to pick up these boards, cables, or full kits which are really competitively priced from sidehack, GekkoScience, or any of his minions!  Cheesy

It's quality stuff from quality folks.

I've had two boards and eBayed Z750P's powering 4 Cubes 24/7 for over a month with no issues whatsoever.

To those who were asking about the noise of the Z750P fan, I'm like sidehack there.  I don't even notice the regular white noise of the fan at normal speeds.  At high speed, you can definitely hear the whine from quite a bit away.  The fan control knob on the board works quite well for the two boards we have but I'm glad to hear sidehack and his team are working out any possible kinks there for future users.
legendary
10 Blades, 5 two-blade (standard) AntMiner S1 units.
Activity: 403
Merit: 250
Sidehack,

When you said ->

10 S1 blades pulling from 3 PSU boards

Did you mean you have 5 antminers (thus making 10 total blades) *OR* did you mean you have 10 full antminers running?

H@shKraker
Activity: 728
Thanks for the quote. I emailed you guys back, would like to grab 3 ASAP hope you can get them shipped up North quick!
legendary
You didn't get a PM response because you PM'd at 1AM my time zone. Did you email sales@gekkoscience as specified in the initial post instructions?

As for connecting to load-balance, yes. I wouldn't use the spraypaint to connect terminals though, but that's just me being sarcastic. Your orange line is tying the SHR pins together, which the supplies use to cross-regulate and ensure an equal distribution of current. To turn them on simultaneously, you need to use the EON signals also.
On mine I have one master supply, whose POK is wired to the other supplies' EON lines. When the master supply turns on or off, the POK line goes high or low respectively, which kicks on the other supplies at the same time.

You shouldn't really need to connect all the terminals together on every board, as they're all electrically connected already. Unless your load is very very unevenly distributed across the boards. I have 10 S1 blades pulling from 3 PSU boards, so 4 on one and 3 on the other two. Pretty evenly distributed, but the two 3-blade boards push a little current to the 4-blade board. I have 3 16AWG 9" leads (in a single spade, like the standard cables) running between the first screw on adjacent boards to link them exactly as you have pictured.

As for these being noisy, I've slept beside case fans for so long that it's hard for me to sleep in a quiet room anymore. A few months ago a supply gave out on me and powered down two Cubes; I woke up almost instantly (the fans were still spinning under inertia) because the lack of fan noise tripped alarms in my subconscious. When the fans are turned low, they're not loud by my standards but my standards are probably skewed.
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1002
sidehack, I PM and emailed you to buy, but no response yet  Sad

Just checked out the link and am still a little unclear on the wiring. When connecting 12v and gnd do you need to bridge all 8 connections between the 2 psu's? Then do you fit the pci-e cables into the same terminal blocks.

If someone could post an actual picture it would be greatly appreciated! I'm trying to figure out how to link 3.

I think this should be how you connect two together for load balancing or simultaneous start up (I'm sure sidehack correct me if I'm wrong):

Activity: 574
Mining for the hell of it.
Very cool thing you got working there. The Dell PSUs are cheap. however the PSUs can be noisy  Undecided

Will probably be getting my hands on some of thees
The board's official product page (http://www.gekkoscience.com/products/D750_supply_breakoutf2f it _board.html) has a link to the V0.4 board manual.

Or, you know, http://www.gekkoscience.com/misc/V0.4_Board_Doc.pdf

Which every shipment was supposed to have a printout included in the box, but my packing guy has not been very impressive lately.

Also, the V0.5 boards which we'll probably start shipping next week sometime have much more visible pin labels, as well as a few other minor changes. We'll have an updated documentation available before its release.
Just checked out the link and am still a little unclear on the wiring. When connecting 12v and gnd do you need to bridge all 8 connections between the 2 psu's? Then do you fit the pci-e cables into the same terminal blocks.

If someone could post an actual picture it would be greatly appreciated! I'm trying to figure out how to link 3.
How do you load balance them ? Email sent! Once I get my KNC refund I will be sure to get some more. Really want the 2000 watt beast.
legendary
We ran 2 sets of 2 OCed to 400 for 2 weeks on 1 PSU/board without a single issue. Pulling 880w at the wall  @120v

Sweet! I estimated a pair of 400MHz Ants would be basically 99% capacity for the supply, so 2 weeks uptime at that load is pretty dern sexy. The only one of these supplies that's laid over on me ran a pair of custom-overclocked Cubes for a week basically with the fan disabled.

Thanks. You just answered my next question, are these 220 or 110. If I order 3 bundles can you ship to Canada, I want to try chaining 3 to power 5 ants?

How hot do the psu's get? Should I strap fans to them?

These will run 100-240VAC
Email sales@gekkoscience for pricing/shipping estimates. 3 in parallel to power 5 Ants works, I'm doing it right now.
The PSUs don't get terribly hot; if they're too warm just turn the fan up. They have internal fans and the board has a speed adjust knob.
True dat brothah' man!

-H
hope you can get some lower prices on the next batch though

We could save on costs by outsourcing manufacture to China, but I'll be in my grave before I give away American jobs. As it is, the price is dictated by the cost of materials and labor. We're looking at ways to alter the board design on a future batch to reduce assembly time and save a bit of materials, but that won't kick in for a while. Quality materials and quality workmanship (at least that's what we're trying to do) are more important to me than most anything else.

I like your attitude! +1

Personally though, I would rather put that money towards an warrantied ATX PSU or spend an hour and $10 of supplies to do some home soldering Wink
I think the price is great for an industrial spec psu and far better than some POS bronze ATX PSU. These are more efficient, extremely cheap to replace and have a much better foot print. Warranty is great until you have to file an RMA claim and be without gear for 4-6 weeks, pack that shit up with every bit and piece it came with and ship it at your expense. After all this hassle is the RMA even worth it! I would rather save the bones, get a better product and hot swap if ever required.

You pay for the cost of that warranty upfront in that ATX PSU. In most cases you wont even use it, I would rather gamble and bite the bullet if I have to. Warranties make the manufacturer money, not you. If the benefit was in favor of the consumer they wouldn't offer it!
Thanks. You just answered my next question, are these 220 or 110. If I order 3 bundles can you ship to Canada, I want to try chaining 3 to power 5 ants?

How hot do the psu's get? Should I strap fans to them?
Activity: 546
Owner, Minersource.net
Good to hear, sir. Thanks, until my minions are fully trained on acceptable standards I've been going over every board for mechanical, functional and cosmetic to make sure everything was top-notch, so I like hearing what you just said.

Also I currently have 5 AntMiner S1 on 400MHz overclock, load-balanced across 3 of these boards with zero issues. Been running about five hours so far. So that's good.

We ran 2 sets of 2 OCed to 400 for 2 weeks on 1 PSU/board without a single issue. Pulling 880w at the wall  @120v
DO NOT lick the heat sinks!  Shocked

H@shKraker
legendary
Good to hear, sir. Thanks, until my minions are fully trained on acceptable standards I've been going over every board for mechanical, functional and cosmetic to make sure everything was top-notch, so I like hearing what you just said.

Also I currently have 5 AntMiner S1 on 400MHz overclock, load-balanced across 3 of these boards with zero issues. Been running about five hours so far. So that's good.
Pages:
Jump to: