Pages:
Author

Topic: FOR SALE - D750 750W Server PSU Breakout Boards - page 3. (Read 47357 times)

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
https://www.bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020140630025130637RV8OhOwt06BC

Looks like these PSU kits will handle a pair of S3 units with room to overclock. $55 (plus shipping) to source power for 1TH I think sounds pretty good.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
I know pin are different but I'm not able to realize a product as yours.
All on you product is good with IO header etc ...

So I'm able to translate your schematics originally for D750 to NPS-700 but not to create a totally new one

legendary
Are you asking if you can modify one of the 2950 boards for a 2850? It's technically possible but it'd actually be easier to start over from zero because even the pin spacing on the connectors is different.
thanks

is it possible to have schematics to adapt your good work for Dell 2850 PSU ?
legendary
Hi,

nice work Wink

can you say me if your breakout bord is compatible with Dell 2850 power supply (NPS-700AB) ?

thanks

Matthieu

Pretty sure they use different connectors and pinouts.
Hi,

nice work Wink

can you say me if your breakout bord is compatible with Dell 2850 power supply (NPS-700AB) ?

thanks

Matthieu
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain
@sidehack:

Sir:

Im trying to make this work:

Do you think a few PCI-E breakouts / adapters off the existing motherboard ATX connector and various
other connectors will work?

Anyone every tried using one of these server backplanes out of the DELL server?

It was pretty cheap compared to one of the 12V breakout boards and cables set.

Plus this powers both PSUs, only one needed.  I think I got it for $15 on Ebay.

If I got the full 700W each out of them, how many S3 miners do you think you can run
with the two?  These were 2850 PSUs

legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive
I'm also pretty encouraged about the S3, looks like it could be a fun piece of hardware. I don't recall the specs exactly but it was something around 400W?

Power Supply: 4 +12V DC input, PCI-e connectors
That is what they say, I assume that means there will be connectors for wires and not just PCI-e connectors, maybe better to wait and see what it looks like..
legendary
I'm also pretty encouraged about the S3, looks like it could be a fun piece of hardware. I don't recall the specs exactly but it was something around 400W?
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
We still have plenty of boards and full kits available and the sale pricing is continued. These guys should be idea for powering stuff like the RK-Box. Hard to beat 750-800W at 90+% efficient for $55.

I have two spares on hand now waiting for whatever looks good hardware-wise.  Will probably order more, but need to solve for A before figuring out B.  The manufacturers continue to mine and we wait.
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive
Given the details so far about the S3's, should one of these be able to power an S3?
legendary
We still have plenty of boards and full kits available and the sale pricing is continued. These guys should be idea for powering stuff like the RK-Box. Hard to beat 750-800W at 90+% efficient for $55.
legendary
I doubt there's any issue load-balancing across multiple 20A 120V circuits. The problems with crossing circuits have to do with AC phasing, but the neutral line is common and transformers see to the rest.

As for running 4 leads per board, the thing to be concerned about is where your currents will be going if there's a failure. Say one of your supplies drops out, and the others have to pick up the slack. You don't want more than 20A coming out of any one screw terminal for very long, so if one PSU's terminal has to source 10A of backup current to a down supply *and* more than 10A of current to an attached device, you run into problems. I'd actually recommend jumpering at least two screw terminals per board for a reliable redundant setup, with at least 12AWG (or multiple smaller per) wire.
Activity: 195
Merit: 100
Mining since bitcoin was $1
Let's say one has several 20A circuits, could you load balance and wire together several of these - spread across multiple circuits?

Also when you load balance the 3 - per the picture - can you put another wire on the 12V terminal that is being shared - ie can you still have 4 PCIe leads out of each board? 
Activity: 857
Merit: 1000
Anger is a gift.
It's pretty much a signal line, so current handling isn't really a consideratin. I've been tagging boards together with about 28AWG. Wire wrap is fine if you can't find any single-pin hanging sockets.

I appreciate the help. Thanks!
legendary
It's pretty much a signal line, so current handling isn't really a consideratin. I've been tagging boards together with about 28AWG. Wire wrap is fine if you can't find any single-pin hanging sockets.
Anger is a gift.
There's information on the webpage of how to wire them together for loadbalancing. It's pretty straightforward. I think the link is at the bottom of the product page.

I understand wiring the 12V and the ground. What kind of wire to I need to run for the common current share line? Just wrap a wire around the 4th pin? Or find a wire to fit on the pin?
legendary
There's information on the webpage of how to wire them together for loadbalancing. It's pretty straightforward. I think the link is at the bottom of the product page.
Anger is a gift.
Can you post a pic of what these should look like when they are tied together for load balancing? I saw the pic on your webpage, but I just wanna make 100% sure when I get my 2 kits I know the correct way to do it. Thanks.
legendary
Yep, still selling these. Sale is still going on - 750W/91%eff shipped for $70 or less.
Pages:
Jump to: