Pages:
Author

Topic: Forum ranks/positions/badges (What do those shiny coins under my name mean?) - page 2. (Read 2334693 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 16
Looking for guilt best look first into a mirror
I seem to be missing something, I have the required number of activities and merits for the Member rank, but I still remain Jr. Member, why is that?

p.s. oh it's all right now.  Cheesy

Lucky you.
I have been longer here, contribuited more and still I'm a junior member.
Not that I mind, Being Junior in my age is quite an archivement.  Grin
Activity: 70
Merit: 11
I seem to be missing something, I have the required number of activities and merits for the Member rank, but I still remain Jr. Member, why is that?

p.s. oh it's all right now.  Cheesy
Activity: 658
Merit: 16
Looking for guilt best look first into a mirror
I think that merits don't have to be actively sought, they will be earned naturally and spontaneously if you post quality responses that add to the interest of the conversation.

What is natural in having to please an opinion? Write an interesting post?
J.R Tolkin could write here and he would get blocked for writing too much.

An informative post could be a "scam alert" on a post.
A simple no should have more information than all the wage "could be" positive reasoning.
Activity: 10
Merit: 1
I think I have more than needed Activity and Merits to be a Sr. Member... why is it not being updated?  Huh

Visit the official thread on the forum to know exact requirements for the rank. You have not become a Sr. Member because you do not meet the criteria yet.
Activity: 434
Merit: 119
So that's how you do it. I've been wondering for so long how to climb the ranks since there was some merit system.

Date Registered:   December 25, 2021

And only six posts made so far, it is clear that you spent a lot more time just wondering. You should instead make quality posts here.

@fatduckingcat,
You just need to follow the proper guideline of this forum with quality posts to rank up. Also, you need to care about all the forum's rules from the beginning. I hope you do that perfectly to get ranked up. Here I mentioned a few links to help you. Have a good day!

@krishnaverma,
I'm so proud of you bro. I hope he is getting his answer.

Links:

Newbies - Read before posting

BTCtalk Activity times

FAQ: Everything you need to know about forum 'activity, account ranks, and merit

Merit & new rank requirements
Activity: 10
So that's how you do it. Ive been wondering for so long on how to climb the ranks since there was some merit system.

But why are you not active here ? If you do not make enough quality posts, do you expect merits to automatically appear on your profile ?
Activity: 1246
Merit: 105
So that's how you do it. Ive been wondering for so long on how to climb the ranks since there was some merit system.

Date Registered:   December 25, 2021

And only six posts made so far , it is clear that you spent a lot more time just wondering. You should instead make quality posts  here.
Activity: 21
I think I have more than needed Activity and Merits to be a Sr. Member... why is it not being updated?  Huh
You meet the Activity requirement yes, but you are falling short in Merit. You need 250 merit to be a Sr. Member and as of now, you only have 56.

I see... well looks like it's going to take me forever to get promoted since it is hard to get merits. Can you perhaps suggest me how I can get more merits? Thank you in advance. Smiley

I think that merits don't have to be actively sought, they will be earned naturally and spontaneously if you post quality responses that add to the interest of the conversation.

I think it's pretty smart that merits are not too easy to accumulate quickly, it really helps to make it credible and you know pretty quickly what kind of posters you are responding to when you see their merit/activity ratio

I completely agree with your perspective on earning merits. When we focus on providing valuable responses that contribute to the conversation, the merits naturally come as a recognition of our efforts. It's essential to avoid seeking merits actively and instead concentrate on providing quality content that enhances the overall discussion.

I also appreciate the merit/activity ratio feature, which helps us identify credible and knowledgeable posters quickly. It encourages us to engage in meaningful conversations with other users who are actively participating and adding value to the community. Overall, the merit system promotes a positive and healthy online environment where people are motivated to share their expertise and knowledge.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Activity: 504
Merit: 1065
Crypto Swap Exchange
You meet the Activity requirement yes, but you are falling short in Merit. You need 250 merit to be a Sr. Member and as of now, you only have 56.

I see... well looks like it's going to take me forever to get promoted since it is hard to get merits. Can you perhaps suggest me how I can get more merits? Thank you in advance. Smiley

I think it's pretty smart that merits are not too easy to accumulate quickly, it really helps to make it credible and you know pretty quickly what kind of posters you are responding to when you see their merit/activity ratio
staff
Activity: 2438
Merit: 1616
Crypto Swap Exchange

Just try to make informative and valuable posts that others find useful and worth reading. Good luck!
Activity: 343
Merit: 78
⚠️ CRYPTOPIA.IN ⚠️

staff
Activity: 2438
Merit: 1616
Crypto Swap Exchange
Activity: 343
Merit: 78
⚠️ CRYPTOPIA.IN ⚠️
Activity: 490
Merit: 484
Ranks

Full Member and up only. 
It must be no more than 120px wide, 80px tall, and 100 KiB in size. It must be a PNG, GIF, or JPEG image. It must be safe for work.
Thanks for providing the information about the avatar only full members can apply custom avatar as profile pic .
You need to know the forum already disable any users to update their avatars with GIF format, if you see someone wear an animated avatar it mean they've wore it for many years before the update.

Also there's few users below full member ranks are wear avatar, this because during the early forum anyone can wear avatar including newbie account.
legendary
Activity: 2478
Merit: 1123
240 Activity really for Sr. Member (plus the Merits you mentioned).
Thanks DdmrDdmr for reminding, it was my fault and didn't realize it. Now fixed for justification.

As a long time member of Kareemc2 should already know how this merit system works for him and all the other users. I tried to check Kareemc2's post history to help him get merit, but unfortunately he doesn't have a great post history to pique my interest. Most of the posts are on bounty campaign aplication, that's not what I was looking for. So my suggestion for Kareemc2 is try to improve your quality and interest in posting more so that it can provide options for other users to help you with merit especially if you post something of value.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 10532
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
<…>
If by promotion you mean ranking up, then the OP gives you what you need to know (or even simply the post above yours). Your account doesn’t really have many posts at all (36), and was created in 2018 (not 2017).

Regardless, simply put, you need to gain both Activity (by posting - with a max. of 14 gainable Activity points per two weeks in general terms, although it’s a bit more complex) and Merits (by posting decent content that others may or not award Merit to at some point).

You currently have a standing Activity of 35 and 0 Merits, so your first potential next rank is Jr. Member, which requires >= 30 Activity and >= 1 Merit.

With the above in mind, reread the OP, and the enclosed link to the thread that explains the Merit System. It should be easier to follow now.

<…> 250 aktivity <…>
240 Activity really for Sr. Member (plus the Merits you mentioned).

legendary
Activity: 2478
Merit: 1123
Hello,
I have gone through all the write up
Please can someone share more light on how is the promotion process done.
I have been a newbie since 2017 and i have post and reply many post but still no any obvious change seen.
Create useful or quality posts to get 1 merit. Besides you have reached a sufficient number of posts and activities, you must get merit to rank up to a higher rank. Now you only need merit to rank up to Jr member.

Here are the details:
  • 1 merit for Jr member, you must be have 30 aktivity
  • 10 merit for Member, you must be have 60 aktivity
  • 100 merit for Full Member, you must be have 120 aktivity
  • 250 merit for Sr Member, you must be have 240 aktivity
  • 500 Merit for Hero Member, you must be have 480 aktivity
  • 1000 Merit for Legendary, you must be have 775 - 1030 aktivity

Read further on the first page of this topic, you will understand it in more detail.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Hello,
I have gone through all the write up
Please can someone share more light on how is the promotion process done.
I have been a newbie since 2017 and i have post and reply many post but still no any obvious change seen.
copper member
Activity: 763
Merit: 692
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
How many posts do i have to reply to be able to create a thread?
I am unable to find the info in the first page.

You can create threads and post in existing threads already. You just need to wait 6 minutes between posting.

Newbie accounts cannot post in only 2 places.
Serious Discussions - min Jr. Member rank: at least 30 activity (30 separate days in which you posted at least once) and 1 merit point
Ivory Tower - min Full Member rank: at least 120 activity and 100 merit points

For more info:
Forum ranks/positions/badges & Merit & new rank requirements

P.S. and please do not post the same question in multiple threads. Might also want to read the Unofficial list of (official) Bitcointalk.org rules, guidelines, FAQ

P.S.2 I already regret replying...

For those who wanted to know more about satoshi and his history on creating this project, kindly read this amazing insider thread...
Pages:
Jump to: