Pages:
Author

Topic: Forum ranks/positions/badges (What do those shiny coins under my name mean?) - page 3. (Read 2370592 times)

staff
Activity: 2436
Merit: 2347
How many posts do i have to reply to be able to create a thread?
I am unable to find the info in the first page.

You will be able to create topics immediately after registration on the forum. The only thing is that your threads will not display pictures. To have an image displayed in your threads, you must be a Jr.Member, or buy an additional Copper Member rank.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
but to cut it short does activity = posts/comments?
That's correct only to a certain* extent...

Else where should I stick to get a rank up?
It's worth noting that, activity isn't the only requirement for ranking up [there's also "merit points"], but to answer your question, as long as you post high-quality content, merit points would come naturally [in other words, it doesn't really matter where you make those posts].

Is there any other way to rank up?
No, but if you just want to post an image, you can "buy a copper membership".
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Just new, and haven't seen or read a few comments, but to cut it short does activity = posts/comments? Else where should I stick to get a rank up? Is there any other way to rank up?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1355
Is this still reliable? I see tons of people with 30+ activity that aren't passed Newbie yet.

Is there an updated chart somewhere if it isn't up to date?

I have one question, though. You have been a member of this forum since 2016? Where the hell have you been all this time?  Shocked
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2943
Block halving is coming.
Is this still reliable? I see tons of people with 30+ activity that aren't passed Newbie yet.

Have you read the text at the beginning of this thread? The updated one?

Right now before you can able to rank up or become a Jr. Member with 30+ activity you need to receive 1 merit.

Read the rank and merit requirements here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/merit-new-rank-requirements-2818350
copper member
Activity: 68
.gg/tompicks

legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
Though I didn't get the part of "120" for instance. Is it the number of days an account must have existed? Please clarify.
That's a vague question... There are three parts in OP that use that number and I'm going to rule out the avatar part.

Activity: 1
Thanks for the heads up. Though I didn't get the part of "120" for instance. Is it the number of days an account must have existed? Please clarify.
Activity: 2030
Merit: 356
I read whole article I found it very helpful for me. Cause theri are people that are always helping others.
I have question that merit points that are given are deducted from Donor.
For example:
Legendary member A: 870 merit
Member B: 16 Merit
If Member A give 5 merit to member B than User A merit would be 865 or 870.
I will be pleased if someone replies my Question.

There are two types of merits

1-Merits (which can only be received and cannot be deducted)
2- sMertis (Which can only be send and they will be deducted once you send them)

The Merit system is designed in a way whic encourages you to give smerit while your merits remain the same.

The correct answer to your example is 870 Merits.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 264
I read whole article I found it very helpful for me. Cause theri are people that are always helping others.
For example:
Merit is independent from sMerits (sendable merits).
sMerits are those merits that you can send/award to other users, while merits are literally your merit points and it cannot be deducted unless by these occasion/s
(Merit for Deleted Posts).

For more information about it, please read this thread - Merit & new rank requirements
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1075
For example:
when a member receives merit they also receive sendable merit which is called sMerit. so, if member A sent 5 merits, member A will still have 870 merits but his sendable(sMerits) will be 5 sMerit less.

here, read this thread Merit & new rank requirements it might help you understand how merit and sMerit works
Activity: 91
Merit: 5
For example:
copper member
Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890
Hey guys, I m new here and I want to know this system is still available or do we have a new system?

Yes it is alive and kicking + magic of merits don't forget it https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/merit-new-rank-requirements-2818350
Activity: 97
Merit: 6
Hey guys, I m new here and I want to know this system is still available or do we have a new system?
staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
You just sent your first post.

He's probably referring to topics and not replies? @fxaje If so, just head to the board you want to post in, say exchanges for instance: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=223.0

And then look for "new topic" on the top right side.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
hi i'm absolutly new to this forum
i know this is a ridiculous question but
how can i send posts  in here?Huh Huh Huh

You just sent your first post.
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
Continuing...
I believe @SquirrelJulietGarden already addressed your concerns, so I'm not going to repeat what he/she said and I don't think you'll be getting a different response in here.

I believe that if they insert these new badges, it will probably encourage users who have a lot of knowledge on this topic to always be sharing with us their knowledge, analysis and other things.
AFAIK, those with enough knowledge will always share regardless of having a badge or not, but the moment you encourage users to do it for the badge, most of the users with limited knowledge would try to gain that badge for the wrong reason and that always leads to a disaster [one way or another].
Activity: 1554
Merit: 806
The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>POR
(...)
Continuing...

Hello guys, how are you?

So, I was looking into the badges that exist in BitcoinTalk.

I would like to share my opinion (if this is possible)

What do you think about the feasibility of inserting new badges here on the forum?
Any analysis in relation to this?

What do you think about inserting a badge related to economy? (I don't know if economics would be the most correct word to exemplify), but for the user to have this badge, he needs to have solid knowledge of macroeconomics, monetary theory, knowledge of how the market behaves.

Another badge that I thought might be interesting to insert in the forum would be a badge related to the "research user", as he doesn't have the necessary knowledge to be a "Bitcoin expert" or "Bitcoin-Qt", an excellent way for him to contribute on the forum is, writing and sharing scientific papers (perhaps from your master's degree or PhD), perform researchs, and always analyzing and seeking knowledge for cryptocurrencies.

I believe that if they insert these new badges, it will probably encourage users who have a lot of knowledge on this topic to always be sharing with us their knowledge, analysis and other things.

What do you think!!? Is this really feasible?

Of course, this is my humble opinion on this subject.
I am so grateful to be sharing my idea with you!

obs: I searched the forum and didn't find any topic related about new badges

regards,
gagux123
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 6415
Farewell, Leo
when I can become to  next level- Member?
To reach the Member rank you need to have 60 points of activity and 10 merits. Currently, you've hit the first requirement, but not the second. Your rank will change as soon as you gain nine more merits.

You may want to read this: Merit & new rank requirements.
And this: FAQ: Everything you need to know about forum 'activity, account ranks and merit.
Activity: 103
Merit: 1
when I can become to  next level- Member?
Pages:
Jump to: