Pages:
Author

Topic: FREEWallet.org SCAM ( Don't use any of their iOS or Android APP) - page 14. (Read 23878 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
It's interesting, did this project have audit report? Very much I doubt it. It seems to me that all it's time to understand that the lack of audit reporting by 50% indicates that the ICO project is a scam. Smiley
Activity: 551
Merit: 11
It took some time but thanks for finding the cause! Looks like they are not scamming after all!

Your transaction was refunded. Apologies for the inconvenience!
Activity: 6
Exactly and if its marked in red one is not even able to continue the transfer. Clearly at that point of time it was not marked in red. Transfer amount was 0.03128653 BCC and it obviously allowed me to do the exchange.

Were you making your exchange on the weekend before the Bitcoin Cash fork when the market rates for the coin were oscillating? Sticking to a minimum amount during the boosting coin growth is risky since the rates are changing rapidly as well as the exchange minimums. Unfortunately, that's most likely what happened with your transaction.

I did the transfer at the 16th on 16:04. Funny thing I was hoping to transfer my leftover BCC to another wallet but that then is also not possible? Another 30$ down the drain/in your pockets

That's quite unusual. Please message us your user id from the Settings screen, we'd like to research your exchange case. Looking forward to your reply!
Done! See PM! Thanks

Any news on this? Had no response yet. Thanks

We've forwarded all information to our exchange partner, awaiting an update from them now. We'll keep you posted!

It took some time but thanks for finding the cause! Looks like they are not scamming after all!
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
Shit scam with scammy name. avoid.
Exactly and if its marked in red one is not even able to continue the transfer. Clearly at that point of time it was not marked in red. Transfer amount was 0.03128653 BCC and it obviously allowed me to do the exchange.

Were you making your exchange on the weekend before the Bitcoin Cash fork when the market rates for the coin were oscillating? Sticking to a minimum amount during the boosting coin growth is risky since the rates are changing rapidly as well as the exchange minimums. Unfortunately, that's most likely what happened with your transaction.

I did the transfer at the 16th on 16:04. Funny thing I was hoping to transfer my leftover BCC to another wallet but that then is also not possible? Another 30$ down the drain/in your pockets

That's quite unusual. Please message us your user id from the Settings screen, we'd like to research your exchange case. Looking forward to your reply!
Done! See PM! Thanks

We've forwarded all information to our exchange partner, awaiting an update from them now. We'll keep you posted!
Activity: 7
Hi! I have problem with convertation from Bitcoin Cash to Bitcoin gold. I do it from the iOS app.
It says that I will receive 3,3 btg, and i klick okey. From that time 15 hours was left. And I still not receive my btg. I think that is too long time, and something goes wrong.
Support in app does not working. It’s writing “loading channels”... and nothing happens.
I have wrote to the support from the website. They answer: “Apologies! Your transfer will be settled.”
But I think they do nothing.... 4 hours waiting, still no btg in wallet.
My id is “fadf178c”
P.s.  I really like your app,  and I would like to use it... if it will work correctly.

Babayshik, apologies for the inconvenience! Please take a look at the notification in the app: BTG smart transactions are currently suspended due to network issues. As soon as the exchanges are resumed, your transaction will be pushed or refunded. Our support reps will keep you posted.

Problem solved, btg is in wallet:)  thank you.

Done! See PM! Thanks

Hi! I have problem with convertation from Bitcoin Cash to Bitcoin gold. I do it from the iOS app.
It says that I will receive 3,3 btg, and i klick okey. From that time 15 hours was left. And I still not receive my btg. I think that is too long time, and something goes wrong.
Support in app does not working. It’s writing “loading channels”... and nothing happens.
I have wrote to the support from the website. They answer: “Apologies! Your transfer will be settled.”
My id is “fadf178c”
P.s.  I really like your app,  and I would like to use it... if it will work correctly.

Babayshik, apologies for the inconvenience! Please take a look at the notification in the app: BTG smart transactions are currently suspended due to network issues. As soon as the exchanges are resumed, your transaction will be pushed or refunded. Our support reps will keep you posted.
Activity: 18
Found this on Reddit. No idea if this is the correct category but apparently FreeWallet.org is redirecting everyone's payments to their own personal wallet.

https://etherscan.io/address/0x11b85b4e2fadaebe04a251377aa35b9be3c785f0

So far $8 million stolen.

They also have a Bitcoin, Dash and Monero wallet. Their website seems to be professionally done so it seems many people are affected. If you use this wallet, immediately withdraw any funds.

Stay safe people b4 you put you Coin in any website do investigations you may not loose your coins, there are no ease way to make quick Coins
Activity: 7
My id is “fadf178c”

Done! See PM! Thanks
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2420
Freewallet is also being endorsed by bitcoin gold's official website. (under mobile wallets)

Be careful don't fall for this scam.
Damn just when the price of the token specified have skyrocketed drastically and this would be happening to steal other people's hard-earned bitcoin is not a joke especially when we are talking about 8,000,000 million dollars heck you can buy a luxurious car with it and even buy a mansion on Los Angeles California. We should tread carefully when we are doing any transactions in any of our bitcoin wallet.

cipher-x_09, did you read the original thread on Reddit? The topic starters deleted their messages and called off their accusations because there were no facts to prove them. No funds were ever stolen from Freewallet users.
Activity: 168
Merit: 120
Damn just when the price of the token specified have skyrocketed drastically and this would be happening to steal other people's hard-earned bitcoin is not a joke especially when we are talking about 8,000,000 million dollars heck you can buy a luxurious car with it and even buy a mansion on Los Angeles California. We should tread carefully when we are doing any transactions in any of our bitcoin wallet.

Don’t buy their answers guys! I just got scammed by them as well. Was exchanging  some bcc to btc via their app and it magically disappeared. According to Freewallet because the transfer was below the minimum. Besides the fact that their app does not even allow a transfer below the minimum their response shocked me the most.

“Your next question might be, “What happened with my funds?” Sorry to tell you this, however, the amount of your transaction was too low, it didn't go through and was spent on exchange fees. Your funds are now part of the cryptocurrency network, they belong to no one now.”

They don’t even seem to care and are spending my $35 on exchange fees. Could be that I was close to the minimum and the minimum increased while my transfer was pending but it seems rather odd right?

All exchange operations in Freewallet are powered by our partner, Changelly.com. They have a minimum transfer amount requirement that applies to smart exchanges in our app, too: before you confirm a transaction, there's a minimum amount clearly stated in red. The current minimum transfer amount for the exchange of Bitcoin Cash for Bitcoin is 0.03556243 BCC (this amount is updated with time depending on the rates available), which is approximately 42.28 USD.

Moreover, this requirement is specifically mentioned in our Terms of Use:

> There is a minimum exchangeable transaction for each cryptocurrency pair. The minimum amount is provided by the exchange service. IF YOUR TRANSACTION IS LESS THAN A REQUIRED MINIMUM, YOUR WALLET WILL NOT BE REFUNDED.

Exactly and if its marked in red one is not even able to continue the transfer. Clearly at that point of time it was not marked in red. Transfer amount was 0.03128653 BCC and it obviously allowed me to do the exchange. So just bad luck you/Changelly, which looks familiar, happens to increase the minimum while transferring? Transferring 0.0002 BCC more did work the day before. So clearly the minimums where lower then they are now.
Don’t buy their answers guys! I just got scammed by them as well. Was exchanging  some bcc to btc via their app and it magically disappeared. According to Freewallet because the transfer was below the minimum. Besides the fact that their app does not even allow a transfer below the minimum their response shocked me the most.

“Your next question might be, “What happened with my funds?” Sorry to tell you this, however, the amount of your transaction was too low, it didn't go through and was spent on exchange fees. Your funds are now part of the cryptocurrency network, they belong to no one now.”

They don’t even seem to care and are spending my $35 on exchange fees. Could be that I was close to the minimum and the minimum increased while my transfer was pending but it seems rather odd right?

All exchange operations in Freewallet are powered by our partner, Changelly.com. They have a minimum transfer amount requirement that applies to smart exchanges in our app, too: before you confirm a transaction, there's a minimum amount clearly stated in red. The current minimum transfer amount for the exchange of Bitcoin Cash for Bitcoin is 0.03556243 BCC (this amount is updated with time depending on the rates available), which is approximately 42.28 USD.

Moreover, this requirement is specifically mentioned in our Terms of Use:

> There is a minimum exchangeable transaction for each cryptocurrency pair. The minimum amount is provided by the exchange service. IF YOUR TRANSACTION IS LESS THAN A REQUIRED MINIMUM, YOUR WALLET WILL NOT BE REFUNDED.

Pages:
Jump to: