Pages:
Author

Topic: FREEWallet.org SCAM ( Don't use any of their iOS or Android APP) - page 15. (Read 23889 times)

Activity: 551
Merit: 11
The's rather obscure then since I've received an email today informing me that I should reset my wallet on your site. Catch is, I don't use online wallets, never have and I am confident that I also never signed up with your site. It also wasn't a phishing email since I looked at the full email header and double checked the link to your site.

http://prntscr.com/hb7gh6

So tell me, where the heck did you get my email address and why did I receive said email?

Can you message us your email address you received this notification to? Looking forward to your reply!
Activity: 139
Merit: 103
Found this on Reddit. No idea if this is the correct category but apparently FreeWallet.org is redirecting everyone's payments to their own personal wallet.

https://etherscan.io/address/0x11b85b4e2fadaebe04a251377aa35b9be3c785f0

So far $8 million stolen.

They also have a Bitcoin, Dash and Monero wallet. Their website seems to be professionally done so it seems many people are affected. If you use this wallet, immediately withdraw any funds.

People love catchy headlines! $8 million stolen... oh wait, it was $7 million... oh wait, but from whom? If you read the original thread on Reddit, you'll see that there's not a single person who actually lost money with Freewallet! The reason our users got worried is because they checked their wallet balances on the blockchain explorer and found out the funds aren't there. However, the address displayed in the app is a so-called "hot wallet" used for receiving transactions. We consider keeping the funds there as well as storing private keys locally a risk because if the access to your device is compromised, it would give a hacker an opportunity to steal your assets.

That is why after our user receives a transaction, the funds are moved to the cold storage. Whenever he/she needs to make a transaction, the funds are transferred from the cold storage as well. Their actual balance is displayed in the app; what people see on a blockchain explorer is most likely an intermediary transfer of funds in/out of the cold storage (and our users aren't charged with any fees for such transactions). That's exactly what it was: rebalancing between different cold storages. Not piping their funds to an outside source.

The's rather obscure then since I've received an email today informing me that I should reset my wallet on your site. Catch is, I don't use online wallets, never have and I am confident that I also never signed up with your site. It also wasn't a phishing email since I looked at the full email header and double checked the link to your site.

http://prntscr.com/hb7gh6

So tell me, where the heck did you get my email address and why did I receive said email?
Hi, I did a transaction 3 hours ago from blockchain to freewallet and it's not confirmed yet. after the delay searched about freewallet and boom I saw the news about the scam shit. is it real or it's all about the network? by the way, my freewallet address in android app differs from the one on browser. Is it normal? Could anyone help?

Athena_1992, it can take a while for transactions to get confirmed and finally posted in the network; the transaction speed depends on the current network conditions. If you'd like to verify the status of your transaction, please feel free to contact our support team in the in-app chat, we'd be glad to help. Thanks!

PS: Please make sure you're logged in with the same credentials both in your app, and online.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Thanks for the warning!
Activity: 882
Merit: 528
This is great example how cryptocurrency is making scamming people and getting away without any legal consequences. Many many new peoples are getting scammed one way or other. ICOs are also great way for scammers to collect large sum. People are throwing money in ICOs madly.
I can only say one thing: Caveat Emptor. You should be familiar with the saying, "A fool and his money are soon parted". I have absolutely no idea why anyone would use this ridiculously named wallet to begin with. Choosing a wallet is very simple. Need a desktop wallet? 1) Full wallet - Bitcoin Core. 2). SPV - Electrum. Need a mobile wallet? Mycelium.

In other words, people should blame themselves. Was this even open source at any point in time?

Most of the people are influenced by the word free and think that they are getting some sort of service for free but in most of the cases, it ends in a different way from which it was expected to be.
Most of the time new people are trapped in this kind of traps.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Hi, I did a transaction 3 hours ago from blockchain to freewallet and it's not confirmed yet. after the delay searched about freewallet and boom I saw the news about the scam shit. is it real or it's all about the network? by the way, my freewallet address in android app differs from the one on browser. Is it normal? Could anyone help?
Today I try to send out some dogecoin from freewallet (android app), but I can't recognise my destination address.
Keep watching and wait for the confirmation.

Have you tried contacting the in-app support? Please do, we'll be able to advise you on the situation once you provide us with more details.
$8 million.. wow! much amount. I would stay away from freeWallet.org. Thanks for your heads up.

No funds have been lost or stolen from our users, see the update we posted earlier, please.
They are not from Estonia, They are a gang from Saint Petersburg Russia.
"Alvin Hagg" is not the person behind this project...
Now tell me, if its a legit business, why the co founders are hiding behind fake identities??

https://www.facebook.com/whoisalvinhugg/

We'd doubt the credibility of a resource that can't even spell the name of the object of their research right.
Activity: 3
Today I try to send out some dogecoin from freewallet (android app), but I can't recognise my destination address.
Keep watching and wait for the confirmation.
Activity: 370
Merit: 101
Freedom is priceless
$8 million.. wow! much amount. I would stay away from freeWallet.org. Thanks for your heads up.
Activity: 54
Merit: 10
thank you i downloaded this app 2 days ago . i will report in support
Activity: 4
I never used them, but Bitcoin gold website lists them as official wallet to get their coins after the fork. Doesn't look like a Scam for me.
i also have no problem what so ever, somone got pissy pants with them made a pic with java script and posted it noe the whole world is all bad freewallet, judge on your own experience not some fake ass crap some hot-tempered person put out of anger, freewallet is all good
They are not from Estonia, They are a gang from Saint Petersburg Russia.
"Alvin Hagg" is not the person behind this project...
Now tell me, if its a legit business, why the co founders are hiding behind fake identities??

https://www.facebook.com/whoisalvinhugg/
brand new
Activity: 0
It's problematic when you don't know which is their official website.

Is it freewallet.org or freewallet.io?
Activity: 3
I note these articles:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freewallet
https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/freewallet/

If it's a scam, it's a REAL good one.

BTW some may note the team is in Estonia.  I confess to being ignorant and thinking Estonia was an eastern European country.  It isn't.  It's northern European.  They seem well ahead of the world in tech in a general sense in that they were the first nation in history to hold an election over the Internet.  I quote:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estonia

'Estonia is a developed country with an advanced, high-income economy that as of 2011 is among the fastest growing in the EU.[19] Its Human Development Index ranks very highly,[7] and it performs favourably in measurements of economic freedom, civil liberties and press freedom (3rd in the world in 2012 and 2007).[20] The 2015 PISA test places Estonian high school students 3rd in the world, behind Singapore and Japan.[21] Citizens of Estonia are provided with universal health care,[22] free education[23] and the longest paid maternity leave in the OECD.[24] Since independence the country has rapidly developed its IT sector, becoming one of the world's most digitally advanced societies.[25] In 2005 Estonia became the first nation to hold elections over the Internet, and in 2014 the first nation to provide E-residency.'
Activity: 44
I never used them, but Bitcoin gold website lists them as official wallet to get their coins after the fork. Doesn't look like a Scam for me.
Activity: 294
Merit: 104
✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪
Found this on Reddit. No idea if this is the correct category but apparently FreeWallet.org is redirecting everyone's payments to their own personal wallet.

https://etherscan.io/address/0x11b85b4e2fadaebe04a251377aa35b9be3c785f0

So far $8 million stolen.

They also have a Bitcoin, Dash and Monero wallet. Their website seems to be professionally done so it seems many people are affected. If you use this wallet, immediately withdraw any funds.

Of course they are redirecting. For instance their steem wallet how do you suppose they keep that. You need an account with steemit to have a wallet for steem. Just think. You can easily relate if you have an account with steemit or bitshares for that matter.
If someone got scammed from FreeWallet actions in any way please don't be silent and send mail to [email protected],
we are organizing a very large group of people to fight them back and get our funds back and I promise you that we will succeed
Pages:
Jump to: