Author

Topic: GAW ZenCloud ZenPool Hashlet - does it really exist? ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :-) - page 159. (Read 262906 times)

Activity: 230
Merit: 100
lolz, you guys are questioning whether GAW is legit after they bought Zenminer for $8m and Bitcoin.com for $1m  Huh

wakey wakey...

+1
ZiG
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
bitmain is doing the same

Not quite, are they? I don't think Bitmain promised to lower fees on their cloud mining.

BitMain bought a REAL Mining firm...~4PH ... Grin ...and published many pictures of it...!!!

GAW does NOT... Huh

ZiG
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
bitmain is doing the same

Not quite, are they? I don't think Bitmain promised to lower fees on their cloud mining.
legendary
Activity: 1338
Merit: 1000
they should have a option on the dashboard to trade to a voucher and sell like that.
legendary
Activity: 924
Many people are too pessimistic. Sure if this was a new company I would be a lot more worried. Sure GAW is not being transparent with zenpool but they have a great track record. A lot of the competitors are now following (look at BITMAIN) so it means this new idea is pretty good and is making profits for the hosting company. It does not mean this is a scam. ROI is a different story though

Bitmain makes their own asics and everyone knows it since they sell them.  Gaw doesn't make their own asics.  Kind of a big difference.  But you are right, cloud mining seems to be gaining a lot of traction at the moment.

This might not be true for too much longer.

true bitmain makes their own asics but the point i am trying to say is the hashlet model is sustainable since bitmain is doing the same who we know is 100% legit. if they can follow suit it means its profitable for a company to do it so no reason why gaw would be scamming since they are making a profit from it. it also would not surprise me if gaw has a contract with either bitmain or another asic company since they launched the genesis sha hashlet and will allow prime hashlets to mine sha as well.
legendary
Eventually the difficulty curve we have seen on scrypt and 256 will level off. Scrypt is a different beast with asics because there are so many coins to absorb the hashrate. Scrypts earnings dropped faster than bitcoins ever has, but its leveling off faster as well.

I beg to differ. Number of coins doesn't matter much because LTC is ~80% of all Scrypt hashrate. And at the current rate of ~900 GH/s a couple of thousand of these Titans or Vaultbreakers or whatever can easily DOUBLE the difficulty, if these miners are actually delivered and up to spec. Even Bitmain with it's L1 can slaughter Scrypt profitability. I don't know why it has leveled off recently, maybe because Zeus hardware killed the profits for itself and of course for GPUs, maybe because GAW stopped selling hardware, but I wouldn't expect this to last. More efficient ASICs will come eventually.

You are free to differ in opinion, but your wrong. I presume you know how the multipools work? They switch coins based on btc value and difficulty, most of the time you will find that they are not mining ltc, they are mining ftc or doge, etc. If what you say is true, then the average payouts would still be declining, they haven't. Look at poolpicker.eu, you will see the 30day average earnings are just shy of 0.0004/mhs, and thats average, so that means there are plenty of days where the earnings were higher. For 30+ days the earnings have leveled off. LTC might indeed have 80% of the hashrate at any given time, but plenty of other coins have dedicated communities who would buy asics to only mine that coin and this doesn't include the multipools who jump from coin to coin 10s or 100s of times a day. Pools like coinking split there hash between smaller coins so as not to kill them.

Which part I'm wrong about? That LTC is 80% of Scrypt, despite multipools and dedicated communities? You can check that yourself at any site that provides network hashrates, e.g. coinwarz.

I'm not denying it's been flat in the last month. I'm just saying this won't last. Profitability per MH/s will go down when the next gen hardware arrives, there is no way to avoid that. More hashrate == less coinage per MH/s. Profitability per USD invested or per kWh may or may not go down, I'm not going to guess that.
Activity: 221
Merit: 100
Data point:  Right now NiceHash beats ZenPool, which makes zen payout a little less unbelievable.

That is to say, there is a way to make these higher rates on script today. Is it possible GAW really is renting hash and poaching on the Nicehash model?

Of course they would have to do it supper secretly privately somehow. Otherwise we would have seen offers for the service...

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Many people are too pessimistic. Sure if this was a new company I would be a lot more worried. Sure GAW is not being transparent with zenpool but they have a great track record. A lot of the competitors are now following (look at BITMAIN) so it means this new idea is pretty good and is making profits for the hosting company. It does not mean this is a scam. ROI is a different story though

Bitmain makes their own asics and everyone knows it since they sell them.  Gaw doesn't make their own asics.  Kind of a big difference.  But you are right, cloud mining seems to be gaining a lot of traction at the moment.

What might not be true?

I have said too much, if I say more I might not wake up in the morning.

So either you know cloud mining is going to take a dive or GAW is producing their own units.
legendary
Activity: 994

What might not be true?

I have said too much, if I say more I might not wake up in the morning.

What might not be true?
legendary

legendary
Eventually the difficulty curve we have seen on scrypt and 256 will level off. Scrypt is a different beast with asics because there are so many coins to absorb the hashrate. Scrypts earnings dropped faster than bitcoins ever has, but its leveling off faster as well.

I beg to differ. Number of coins doesn't matter much because LTC is ~80% of all Scrypt hashrate. And at the current rate of ~900 GH/s a couple of thousand of these Titans or Vaultbreakers or whatever can easily DOUBLE the difficulty, if these miners are actually delivered and up to spec. Even Bitmain with it's L1 can slaughter Scrypt profitability. I don't know why it has leveled off recently, maybe because Zeus hardware killed the profits for itself and of course for GPUs, maybe because GAW stopped selling hardware, but I wouldn't expect this to last. More efficient ASICs will come eventually.

You are free to differ in opinion, but your wrong. I presume you know how the multipools work? They switch coins based on btc value and difficulty, most of the time you will find that they are not mining ltc, they are mining ftc or doge, etc. If what you say is true, then the average payouts would still be declining, they haven't. Look at poolpicker.eu, you will see the 30day average earnings are just shy of 0.0004/mhs, and thats average, so that means there are plenty of days where the earnings were higher. For 30+ days the earnings have leveled off. LTC might indeed have 80% of the hashrate at any given time, but plenty of other coins have dedicated communities who would buy asics to only mine that coin and this doesn't include the multipools who jump from coin to coin 10s or 100s of times a day. Pools like coinking split there hash between smaller coins so as not to kill them.
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

legendary
you are not going to make your investment back, you will lose money because mining difficulty will increase faster than you get paid out.

how is this so difficult to understand Huh

Not sure who you're targeting with this, but you should visit hashtalk.org. Most users there (== GAW customers) can barely do simple multiplication and figure out that they will "ROI" in X days at constant daily payouts. Trying to explain difficulty to them is a bannable offense because that implies you don't subscribe to the cult of guaranteed profitability. That's why the hashlet is such a great success.

This is true, the folks on hashtalk are not accounting for fees or the change in btcusd value that would change the maintenance fee.
What you also to have account for with scrypt mining is the new coins as well coins like doge that get a price pump that increases your mining profits. There are enough new coins coming out every day that if your in the know and can mine them pre "pump and dump".

legendary

legendary
you are not going to make your investment back, you will lose money because mining difficulty will increase faster than you get paid out.

How can you not understand that average scrypt multipool payouts were 0.0003x/mh, they held there for weeks, currently pools like nice/west hash are paying 0.0005/6/mhs. How can YOU not comprehend that there are more coins to absorb the scrypt asics then there were for 256?

Since your so good at math, please let us know what the current difficulty decrease has been so we can factor in to our math?
legendary

Not sure who you're targeting with this, but you should visit hashtalk.org. Most users there (== GAW customers) can barely do simple multiplication and figure out that they will "ROI" in X days at constant daily payouts. Trying to explain difficulty to them is a bannable offense because that implies you don't subscribe to the cult of guaranteed profitability. That's why the hashlet is such a great success.
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻

legendary
Everyone is talking about ROI. But that isn't why people are 'mining' , it is mainly for profit - with few exceptions of people who are just interested in the workings or want to support a coin (not applicable in GAWs case).

Why not just buy bitcoin and give it back to yourself after 4 months?

What is more interesting to see is how much you will continue to make after this ROI period. How much will you have lost due to inflation and time-value of money?

Do people think they will make much on top of the ROI? So much more that it is worth the risk or not even returning your investment?

Yes, that is why people mine. 1 if your mining a specific coin, you are supporting that network, 2 your betting that over the long term you will make more money by mining then by purchasing that coin straight up.

Everyone is talking about ROI. But that isn't why people are 'mining' , it is mainly for profit - with few exceptions of people who are just interested in the workings or want to support a coin (not applicable in GAWs case).

Why not just buy bitcoin and give it back to yourself after 4 months?

What is more interesting to see is how much you will continue to make after this ROI period. How much will you have lost due to inflation and time-value of money?

Do people think they will make much on top of the ROI? So much more that it is worth the risk or not even returning your investment?
Jump to: