Pages:
Author

Topic: GekkoScience Terminus R606 750GH (up to 1TH) quiet miner, now shipping - page 14. (Read 11704 times)

copper member
Activity: 190
Merit: 111
https://www.419mining.com
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
When can I buy this from Dubai.

I think international sales have started.
Activity: 1194
Merit: 573
OGRaccoon
Great work on this miner this is the perfect miner for the home setup great work sidehack and distribution teams your all doing bitcoin a solid with your services.

Activity: 122
Merit: 10
Hi I just received the unit and I started cgminer with --gekko-r606-freq 550 as suggested in the little manual and I can see that the frequency is ramping up every second or so to reach the target frequency, is that the normal behavior? Also do I need to add something to the command line to activate the asicboost feature or is it simply automatically activated if the pool is supporting it?

PS: it is a lot quieter than my old U3^^

Oh and I found the answers for the 2 questions so the + after the name means that asicboost is ON so there is no need to add any special command.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Units are not tested on the 8A power brick, but the first post has some charts you can look at to get power expectations and get an idea of where you can probably operate.
legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090
Think for yourself
Sorry to ask a newb question, but is there a Raspberry Pi image that is recommended or official for hooking up to these?
With the 8A power brick, is it safe to use all speed settings, or only up to around 400?

Here is a link to instructions installing and configuring CGMiner on a Pi

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.50968875

Each unit is tested at 550Mhz on the 8Amp brick so you should be able to do at least that.
Activity: 979
Merit: 510
Sorry to ask a newb question, but is there a Raspberry Pi image that is recommended or official for hooking up to these?
With the 8A power brick, is it safe to use all speed settings, or only up to around 400?
Activity: 178
Merit: 12
Thanks a bunch I can't wait to have it in my hands Smiley
legendary
I'd previously bought a sample batch from a different supplier and they worked out pretty well, and I was already lining up a larger order from them when this happened so they've already shipped. We shouldn't lose a whole lot of time.

I mean it's frustrating because we're already way behind on shipments, but hey at least it's giving us a forced break to work on hubs and NewPacs and some more new tooling. I just finished building and testing a new punch setup that'll replace the last of our sheet-metal CNC tasks with something cleaner, faster and easier to finish out to smooth. Next is a more precise drill jig for heatsinks. Also doing some overdue repair work on pick-and-place so once all that's complete productivity should go up a fair bit.

And don't tell nobody, but I might get back to a redesign I had started a around April which should increase stability and efficiency a little bit but has a more complex power setup and so will require a fair bit of additional testing before deployment.
Activity: 924
Merit: 175
Thanks, that would do then Smiley
I could rebuild a unit into custom design, with own controlled fan and cgminer auto on/off schedule. 5-8Watt drain when idle, well, I will have to live with that.
Sorry to hear about your chips quality. Let's wait for this to resolve, I have my fingers crossed.
legendary
I owe Nua some gear from an S5 trade-in back in the 2Pac days. He's been waiting for me to build a 16nm pod before cashing in, and he'll be getting a Batch 2 unit as soon as I'm caught up.

The order of chips I just got in appears to be a mismatch of garbage and we're having huge issues with dirty chips (so, poor solder joints) and really bad balance (which to an end user means low frequency operation with bad efficiency). For reference, yesterday I put 12 R606 on the tester; four dropped out with missing chips (bad solder joints) and five can't run stock speed even at V5.

So I know y'all don't want to hear it but production is temporarily on hold until a restock of chips from a different supplier arrives in a few days. Good news is those chips will work for NewPacs, for which balance is far less precarious.

Idle power is pretty low, but depends on the voltage setting. My meter sees anywhere from 400 to about 700mA cold.
There's provision in the internal firmware to vary fan speed based on temperature, but it's disabled because the fan is already super quiet so there's no real point in throttling it down. Even were that enabled, there is no connection between cgminer and the internal controller so there is no user-accessible software fan control.
The internal controller does not detect the fan.
Activity: 924
Merit: 175
I have few technical questions:

What is the power draw of unit idling (cgminer terminated, for example purposes of mining only when solar PV is on)?
When idling and/or temperatures are low, does built-in fan changes it speed?
Can we control fan speed somehow from software, is it controlled by hardware, or it's always on, constant speed?
Does fan needs to be connected and sensed by the device for it to work? (I am thinking about removing the case and connecting cooling from elsewhere).
Thanks.
legendary
I just bought one on ebay today (419Mining store) , does this allow me to join the drawing ? ^^

I added you in.
Activity: 122
Merit: 10
I just bought one on ebay today (419Mining store) , does this allow me to join the drawing ? ^^
legendary
and one more player is in. so two new on the list.

1) DieselWeaseI
2) Irowland21093
3) Kingofhammers
4) mstrozier
5) gcanelson
6) searing
7) cliftonk = winner 1  I will retire number seven and cliftonk from future contests
8 ) shrimplomain
9) LightZ
10)okwasmo
11)hersh9
12)taserz
13)ftguy

note I will keep looking for new people that want to  get in the  free drawing.

I have I think 6 more compacs to give away.

One more added up to 11 for next drawing.

added another up to 12 for next drawing.
legendary
I mean they're not Batch 2 units so it's your discretion where they go. But it seemed kinda dumb on my end not to update them before shipping since the updates were ready.
copper member
419mining, your most recent shipment of R606 was the last of Batch 1 units but they had all the fixes applied, both firmware and hardware, so they should be okay to ship international.

And I stand corrected.
legendary
419mining, your most recent shipment of R606 was the last of Batch 1 units but they had all the fixes applied, both firmware and hardware, so they should be okay to ship international.
copper member
Is the BATCH2 unit available now for international orders or is it the batch1 with firmware modified?

We have some Batch 1 left, but all international are Batch 2.

Does the miner come with a usb cable included?

All resellers should be sending cables with the orders, if not, please let us or sidehack know, someone will make it right.
Pages:
Jump to: