Pages:
Author

Topic: GekkoScience Terminus R606 750GH (up to 1TH) quiet miner, now shipping - page 16. (Read 11704 times)

copper member
Activity: 190
Merit: 111
https://www.419mining.com
... the idea of an all in one dock with a rasp pi and a psu would be cool.  If I built it I would want the brick I linked  or better yet this psu

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Power-Supply-Units/Power-Supply-Units-Advanced/SF-Series/p/CP-9020182-NA

as I think I could run the rasp pi and 3 r606 from this .  it is plat and very small.

I completely agree, the all in one unit would be a perfect use case for the 200Watt you linked. Unless I can get our PSU guy to come down on the minimum quantity for 6pin 10A power bricks.

The idea being the pi should pull power from the brick, it will have a "jumper" circuit built to connect the two as one of the mount points.

like this one:

Activity: 128
Merit: 36
If raw power is what your looking for, we have the HP 1200Watt GekkoScience kit, its the power supply, break out board and 6 x 6pin cables. I have it listed at ~$100 but if you buy an R606, its only $69.

https://i2.wp.com/www.419mining.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/DSC_0416.jpg

So this PSU could run 7 R-606 on 220v? 6 on 120v all at 775 Mhz.? That be $11 per unit! Save one for me with a few R-606 for next week, seriously.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
So, I finally got my hands on one of the pods with red blinkers the other day. Looked like the temp sensor had released the magic smoke somehow.
Yesterday while doing some further testing I was able to release the magic smoke on a bench unit. Admittedly that board is cursed in more ways than just that, but I did see it happen.

My guess is the temp sensor is not as 5V-tolerant as the datasheet led me to believe.

I am currently final-testing the first set of pods to get the new firmware which can tell a difference between an error condition (such as a roasted sensor, or reporting negative temperatures) and an overtemp condition. When overtemp it still blinks every second like normal, but if the sensor is bad it blinks once every five seconds. This is to let you know the sensor is bad so it can't warn you of an overtemp condition, but without getting in the way of being able to adjust voltage and is much less annoying.

The next batch of boards had already been delivered when I did this testing so I'll have to do a bit of manual work to patch in 3.3V to the temp sensor instead of its 5V line, which should save them from roasting. I have one with that fix applied that's been running off and on all day with no issues so far. Batch 3 will have the fix integrated to the PCB.

I also noticed a small error (two parts interchanged) around the USB chip which might affect stability or device detection if your USB cable is long or bus voltage is low. Shouldn't affect most people. The new firmware also addresses a small memory overlap in EEPROM which won't affect most people but shouldn't be there regardless.

I will be making the new firmware available to resellers. It requires physical access to the hardware to install, and firmware alone won't prevent the temp sensor failure - it'll just react differently to the failure. But all Batch 2 units will have both the software upgrade and the hardware fix. I think we've pretty much found and fixed all the problems now, so assuming everything tests out okay, I'm quite comfortable with Batch 2 units being sold overseas.

Once we're into Batch 2, or Batch 1 units sufficiently modified, I'll let everyone know the starting serial number after which units can go anywhere.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
I have plenty of psus

the 8 amp brick is fine and it costs only 25 dollars.

the brick I linked is far superior but it does cost 60 dollars.

both of them are kind of meant for 1 unit not 2.

I can tell that the psu you list is better in many ways can run lots of r606 vs using bricks and the price is good price.

But if you want one unit and you want it to look pretty the brick  I like has a better look. then the hp and has more power then the sidehack brick

Ie my wife would prefer it over the hp psu. If It was not hidden away.

it is what is nice about this gear.

sidekick brick is nice and has it's place
the brick I linked is nice and has its place.
the hp psu is nice and has its place.
a psu in an active build can be used -------- like my video shows.
a psu on sale from newegg can be used.
a psu sitting  on a shelf can be used.

a rasp pi can be used
a mac mini can be used
a win 7 build can be used
a win 10 build can be used
a linux build  can be used.

the idea of an all in one dock with a rasp pi and a psu would be cool.  If I built it I would want the brick I linked  or better yet this psu

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Power-Supply-Units/Power-Supply-Units-Advanced/SF-Series/p/CP-9020182-NA

as I think I could run the rasp pi and 3 r606 from this .  it is plat and very small.
copper member
If raw power is what your looking for, we have the HP 1200Watt GekkoScience kit, its the power supply, break out board and 6 x 6pin cables. I have it listed at ~$100 but if you buy an R606, its only $69.

Activity: 1022
Merit: 221
We are not retail.
For the added cost w/brick it's probably best to have it as an option for a couple units.

If you travel a lot would it would come in handy.
copper member
... as I would think those clocks and settings would kill the brick off.

The bricks are fairly rock solid. I know everyone warns against running at full power 8A, but I beat the crap outta these bricks in testing, they are not cheap Chinese junk. I run a single unit as at my desk on the brick at 750Mhz power setting 4. it hums along like it was its job! Smiley (ok it really is its job).
legendary
You are the builder.

I always state a more conservative use of a brick then its rating.
I am clocked to the max it wants to go 775 freq with volt setting 7  I get a steady 1025-1035 gh auto tune tends to drop me to freq 767.5
But my psu is an evga t2 750 watt and can easily supply 150 watts on the six pin hook up.

I would not want a guy with a brick to think he can do the settings above,
thus I say lower clocks and settings.
Rather then say lower then the max volts and freq of 775 or more.

I would think the brick can do volt setting 5 and freq 550 24/7/365

while the high end psu can do volt setting 7 and freq 767.5 tuned from freq 775  for 24/7/30  since I have been running it for 30 days.

I know miners and  some will run the brick at freq 775 and volt setting 7 and burn it out.

as I would think those clocks and settings would kill the brick off.
legendary
Also since the barrel jack is only rated for 8A, I thought it somewhat of a conflict if I sold or recommended a brick that would put up more than that. Especially with a 6-pin right there.

Regarding "lower clocks and settings", the thing's stock is 750GH and 8A should get you well in excess of 900GH. All the units I ran for statistics broke 1TH before they broke 8A; that was short runs so I can't guarantee they were stable but that doesn't sound like "lower clocks" to me.
legendary
You,re gonna scare the Newbie. You can use a brick PSU if you don't overclock.

this brick psu is good.

https://shop.futurebit.io/products/pre-order-futurebit-apollo-200w-power-supply-shipping-july

it will do max settings but is 59.99
since it provides 200 watts

not sure how it compares to sidehack's psu offering

found info on sidekick's brick it is amp or 96watts and 25 usd
and it only does 1 unit on lower clocks and settings.

you can make a case for either one just depends on how you setup.
Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
Would anyone be interested in an addon box for the R606, a self enclosed auto updating pi box, complete with display?

I have had multiple requests for it and I'm putting together numbers for it now.

Ive been toying with the idea myself. Something "standalone" to run the R606 (when globally available) and my GekkoHub. All depends on cost of course, but I'm interested to see what you come up with.

I was looking at a  7" screen with Pi mounted behind it in some sort of case to house it all.
copper member
Technically, 750Gh/s on an 8A power brick is overclocking. The official support thread lists the default frequency of 400MHz, with an expected output of 547.2 GH/s.

Sidehack even states that the units are tested at "stock" speeds of 550Mhz.

550 is not "training wheels", it's stock settings. I verify they work at stock, and then I sell them to you and you run them until they catch on fire but it's not my fault because I know they worked at stock.

Would anyone be interested in an addon box for the R606, a self enclosed auto updating pi box, complete with display?

I have had multiple requests for it and I'm putting together numbers for it now.
Activity: 128
Merit: 36
You,re gonna scare the Newbie. You can use a brick PSU if you don't overclock.
legendary
I have a Intel I5 pc. Can't we run this connected thru usb port alone? We need separate psu to run this?

here is a video showing mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ANZPRnjCpA

it is possible in some cases to access the psu for your pc.
it is possible in some cases your pc's psu has power to spare.
it is possible in some cases to tap into that psu.

the video above shows it being done.
but I could do it in another pc which I may do in a week or two and show a video of how it looks.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 221
We are not retail.
We can ship world wide once gekko is comfortable with the idea. They want to make sure you get hardy, well thought and built products. So the wait will be worth it since it would be more time and cost consuming to troubleshoot or RMA through time zones and region.
legendary
The miner runs on 12V power from either a standard 2.1/5.5mm barrel jack (rated for 8A) or a PCIe 6-pin jack (rated for more than you'll ever need).
legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090
Think for yourself
I have a Intel I5 pc. Can't we run this connected thru usb port alone? We need separate psu to run this?

As per the Top Post it uses 60 to 120 Watt's.  A USB port can't supply that.  You can buy the Power Supply with it.
legendary
Plus the fact sidehack has asked distributors not to ship overseas yet for good reasons explained in this very thread.

Support would certainly be difficult.

Back on topic  my single unit is plugging along at about 1.035th on freq 767.5 extra fan just in case.

http://solo.ckpool.org/users/1JdC6Xg3ajT3rge3FgPNSYYFpmf53Vbtje

3 newpac sticks and 1 r606  does about 1.26th for all sticks and the r606.

When the list fills in a bit more I will use randomnumber.org to pick winner.
If you are on list and win I need two things proof of purchase and an address to send the prize.
I realized this prevents a false claim to a certain extent.
If you win you do not go into next  free raffle. There will be 7 maybe 8 raffles 1 stick to be given for each one.

1) DieselWeaseI
2) Irowland21093
3) Kingofhammers
4) mstrozier
5) gcanelson

6)
7)
8 )

so anyone else want to be placed on the list.

I think I will draw on tues 28th or weds. 29th of may

5  in so far for 1 free compac.  sidehack's older rarer usb stick

The catch is you had to buy a r606  from A legit seller.
if you are picked.  You will need to show me proof you did buy it and of course  give me an address to ship it to.

I will have more then 5 of these drawings.

I know overseas sales  have not  started  but this  will be the first of multiple drawings.  So overseas buyers will get a chance at later drawings.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
Plus the fact sidehack has asked distributors not to ship overseas yet for good reasons explained in this very thread.
legendary
can anybody help me buy n ship this R606 pod to dubai

even If I purchase one  and have it shipped to me  in New Jersey.  Then ship it to you via USPS.com

It takes time a lot more money.

https://www.amazon.com/GekkoScience-R606-Terminus-Consumption-Beginners/dp/B07QVFCZ57/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?

325 + 21 in tax = 346  and I think shipping to Duabei via usps.com is 75.00 usd

so over 420 usd. 

You still would need a psu and a pc or a rasp pi to run it.
Pages:
Jump to: