Pages:
Author

Topic: GekkoScience Terminus R606 750GH (up to 1TH) quiet miner, now shipping - page 18. (Read 11704 times)

Activity: 122
Merit: 10
Hello,

How quiet is the unit when running? Is that similar to a U3 ?
Activity: 1022
Merit: 221
We are not retail.
Looks like there's a extra little present on it's way with the r606. Wink
legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6231
Crypto Swap Exchange
My power brick arrived today.
Miner due in Wed.
Kind of like when you were a kid looking at all the stuff under the Christmas tree that you can't touch.

-Dave
Activity: 21
Merit: 7
So after ~20 hours this is where I'm at. All but one of the miners is running on voltage setting 1 with the loner running on voltage setting 2.

They run quiet. They run cool. And the auto tune feature is really pretty awesome.

Overall, very happy with these miners. Now we just need to hit a block at KanoPool.

https://imgur.com/a/L1oowRi
Activity: 1022
Merit: 221
We are not retail.
#gekkolove is still active for single units.
Activity: 114
Merit: 151
Yup just taking a lot of trial and error to figure this out.  Along with the enhancements to cgminer.   My issue was basically working as intended lol.  cgminer will autotune to get the best hashrate % by freq.  Which makes sense.

...now I just need to order 3 more. Cheesy  And man these things are quiet!  My ceiling fan on low makes more noise than the fan on the r606 Smiley
copper member
Activity: 970
Merit: 287
Per aspera ad astra
Guys, try tweak stuff even more. Tweak means up or DOWN.
Give it more air, change the settings, go grab a beer. Weakest link in the chain will bug you until you find its “sweet-spot”.
I updated my other post to be more specific.

I figured its down to the chips. No big deal.

... it'll display a chip health thing sorta like in the Antminer webconfig and you can see if one of them is throwing fits.

The miner in question is actually having the fewest rejects and hardware errors of the four. Weird. If there is anything else that I can provide you just let me know.

Like I said, its not a huge deal for me, I just wanted to scratch my mining itch and these are the best for that.
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Coming from the designer, with at least a working knowledge of how the driver operates, the power supply causing the string to plateau doesn't make any sense. A weak PSU would more likely cause the whole thing to drop out and start over from zero.

A much more likely cause is that thing that I said - the string has a chip too weak to run the high frequency with the voltage it's being supplied. If you enable widescreen mode (D,I in cgminer) it'll display a chip health thing sorta like in the Antminer webconfig and you can see if one of them is throwing fits.
I don't bin chips, so the string performance is pretty much luck of the draw. Nothing ships that isn't tested for 550MHz at volt setting 4. Performance above that is not guaranteed. I've had some test pods max near 900MHz and some at 775. It all depends on how weak is the weakest chip in the string.

No worries, I just got them up and running today and I've got all four on voltage setting 5. They've all re-targeted below my 588MHz and only one of them is below 550MHz. I'll keep an eye on it for the next 12 hours or so to see if there are any changes. I'm not super concerned about it.

so what is the make and model of the psu?

Its a Bitmain APW7, the fan screams right from the get go. It has a rating of 1000w at 83.3A (or at least thats what it says on the side) so I should be fine there.
copper member
Activity: 190
Merit: 111
https://www.419mining.com
We're running a special on the GekkoScience powerkits too

https://www.419mining.com/shop/power-supply/complete-power-bundle/

If you purchase a R606 and use coupon code 'R606POWER', the 1200Watt power supply, break out board and 6pin cables are only $69.95 as a kit.

I'm working on a 3D printed sled for it as I type too.
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
I suspect his psu as he said it was loud if it is an ATX it is most likely a bronze and is pushed too hard.

he said he is running 4 units near max   which should be over 500 watts.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Power-Supply-Units/hxi-series-2017-config/p/CP-9020138-NA

AN 850 PLAT ON SALE right above. 139
legendary
I don't bin chips, so the string performance is pretty much luck of the draw. Nothing ships that isn't tested for 550MHz at volt setting 4. Performance above that is not guaranteed. I've had some test pods max near 900MHz and some at 775. It all depends on how weak is the weakest chip in the string.
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
sounds like a poor quality psu.

i do 750 on volt setting 6 not volt setting 7.

you are running 4 units on the psu.

so what is the make and model of the psu?

you would want a plat that can do  750-1000 watts and it has 1 rail.

I will link some for you.

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=210-PQ-0850-X1

10 year warranty should be quiet and is a plat  the 12 volt rail will do 840-850 watts 160 but  you spent 1200 on 4 units.
I was running them at something high like 750Mhz on the highest mV setting, it was only one unit doing it and I can't really believe that it would be viable to run them like that in the long term.

Currently, I've got the freq set to 588Mhz to get me somewhere near 800GH/s. I'll slowly up the mv settings until it stabilizes.

Just trying to find the optimum settings so I can set and forget.
legendary
If you tweak the voltage up a bit it'll probably level out. More voltage means a higher possible frequency, though it also means a slightly worse efficiency. The autotune is designed to find the peak stable frequency for a particular device, and every device I make is adjustable.
Well, I've got all 4 of these running. Pretty easy too, setup on a Pi just using the 4 usb ports on there until I get more of these bad boys.

@rockmoney - thank you for delivering so quickly
@vh - thank you for the support
@sidehack - thanks for making these, they are awesome

Now I just need to figure a way to either quiet my power supply or perhaps move the whole setup to the garage.

edit: why does something called "asic plateau" keep happening?
Yeah thought about flipping it on it's side.  Just being picky on my part on cable management.  Think I have a work around for it.  I have several plastic pegs that I can rest the psu on.  It'll raise it up about an inch which would work.

Got it up and running.  Below is a current trial run on LCC on suggested/stock settings.  Except for the newpacs, those are running at 325 Mhz.

https://ibb.co/dJ2Nh1Q

*edit*

Update on this.  I ended up having to run the r606 in a separate .sh from the gekko newpac's.  For some reason, even though in my screen print it appears it was working just fine, and hashing away, from the pool's website it wouldn't register my work.  So I broke it down into two jobs instead of one and now it's registering on their site.  Odd but must be something with the pool I suppose.
Only problem I am running into now...is where to put the lil beast Cheesy   I have a 3 tier metal shelf that I keep next to my desk.  Was thinking there until putting the breakout board together with power supply.  Now thinking against it or needing something to hold it up off the metal shelf.  Not comfortable with all the solder joints touching the shelf Smiley
Activity: 178
Merit: 12
I am patiently waiting on mine. Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: