Pages:
Author

Topic: GekkoScience Terminus R606 750GH (up to 1TH) quiet miner, now shipping - page 17. (Read 11704 times)

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
No. Gonna have to wait a bit longer.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Well, the ASIC addiction I have is strong. Broke down and just bought a GekkoScience R606 off of the Amazon Link quoted in this thread from GekkoScience: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QVFCZ57.

Alas, it is a sickness. But at least I will have SOMETHING to run in my Basement with 'flashy LED's' etc. (I'm so lonely) Sad

So what the heck, waste some electric on Solo Mining, if for no other reason to have at least ONE ASIC miner still, trying to do something. Even if 'futile' SOLO BTC mining. At 100 watt light bulb use prices, I've done stupider stuff.

At least my timing is right. Says they will ship on 5/25/19. So my ASIC addiction 'timing' is right on. Smiley

brad

you are not alone.  3 usb sticks and the r606

http://solo.ckpool.org/users/1JdC6Xg3ajT3rge3FgPNSYYFpmf53Vbtje

lets see who  hits blocks first.
legendary
I have received a miner with the red-blinking issue as a customer return. This error is especially annoying to me because, though I have run these things for cumulatively many thousands of hours, I have yet to see this issue AND YET it's happened to upwards of five percent of the miners shipped out.

I don't know if it's universal since I only have the one data point, but what I see on this guy's miner is the temp sensor looks to have let some of its magic smoke escape. This is problematic since the part is rated for 5.5V and nothing over 5.1V is going into it.

Right now the firmware sees a disconnected/nonresponsive temp sensor as responding 0xFF on a temperature read. Since I'm lazy I didn't put a check for this error into the original firmware, and since I also didn't use signed integer math, 0xFF is read in as 255°C which is decidedly higher than the "max safe" setting of 74°C; anything 75°C and above causes the "your machine is too hot" blink.

So what I plan to do is update the firmware with some additional conditioning and if it sees a temperature so ludicrously far out of expected range (which will include the nonresponsive 0xFF) it'll do a single blink every five or ten seconds to let you know the temp sensor is malfunctioning, but not the annoying/obtrusive continuous "too hot" blink. That way the user can still adjust voltage in a rational manner and not be super annoyed, but also know when the internal sensor isn't working right so be careful.

I'll also make a change on the next batch's PCB to put the temp sensor behind a 3.3V regulator, reducing the likelihood that it decides to spontaneously erupt shortly after leaving my facility.

The updated firmware will be made available to resellers, to improve service to customers who have already bought these miners. It'll be applied to everything shipping from me from here on out.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
Naw. I had sense a while back. Today, I fell off the wagon and got back into my ASIC addiction with this purchase. No blinky LED's and Whirly Fan Noises in the basement. It was too unnatural to be without.

The ASIC withdrawal symptoms were terrible. Thus, cracked under the pressure and got one. I buy things on a whim on Amazon anyway, so as soon as he sold on Amazon with the link...I was doomed. Well Played, Well Played Indeed!

brad
legendary
Didn't you email about a purchase a while back? Was that not followed up on?
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
Well, the ASIC addiction I have is strong. Broke down and just bought a GekkoScience R606 off of the Amazon Link quoted in this thread from GekkoScience: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QVFCZ57.

Alas, it is a sickness. But at least I will have SOMETHING to run in my Basement with 'flashy LED's' etc. (I'm so lonely) Sad

So what the heck, waste some electric on Solo Mining, if for no other reason to have at least ONE ASIC miner still, trying to do something. Even if 'futile' SOLO BTC mining. At 100 watt light bulb use prices, I've done stupider stuff.

At least my timing is right. Says they will ship on 5/25/19. So my ASIC addiction 'timing' is right on. Smiley

brad
copper member
Activity: 190
Merit: 111
https://www.419mining.com
I am in UAE, and tried to buy this miner. But my delivery to Dubai/Sharjah address , amazon refused to deliver.   Cry Cry Cry Cry

Hey sathishnp83, at this time, Phase 1 is only available in the US. Once the units have passed final end user testing and all the bugs are worked out, they will be released for sale internationally.
Please be patient, it will be soon.
Activity: 122
Merit: 10
I am in UAE, and tried to buy this miner. But my delivery to Dubai/Sharjah address , amazon refused to deliver.   Cry Cry Cry Cry

Yes, if you read a couple of post earlier, you will notice that that first batch is for US delivery only.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 221
We are not retail.
pci connected doesn't make it "lefty" friendly.
legendary
Gross. Most of my mortal enemies are left-handed.

No it wasn't deliberate. No I'm not changing it.
copper member
Activity: 190
Merit: 111
https://www.419mining.com
Damn right it is a lefty design. < accidental pun Grin

Good for sidehack.

I guess you can say I am obviously a lefty.

Im all for lefty designs, as long as I dont have to pay more. This $40 left handed hammer was worth it though.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
So, will batch two be a left handed miner too or will you make a right handed one this time? Smiley

The power buttons are on the left of the lights so my right hand covers the led's when adjusting the power.

Damn right it is a lefty design. < accidental pun Grin

Good for sidehack.

I guess you can say I am obviously a lefty.
legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090
Think for yourself
I want to make a few internal changes to help smooth out some testing steps, nothing that'll affect the end user, but it's not a simple re-order.

So, will batch two be a left handed miner too or will you make a right handed one this time? Smiley

The power buttons are on the left of the lights so my right hand covers the led's when adjusting the power.
No firm dates, but I intend to order next-batch PCBs in the next day or so. I want to make a few internal changes to help smooth out some testing steps, nothing that'll affect the end user, but it's not a simple re-order.

Understood I will monitor this thread to follow the progress, looking forward to trying the unit Cheesy 
legendary
No firm dates, but I intend to order next-batch PCBs in the next day or so. I want to make a few internal changes to help smooth out some testing steps, nothing that'll affect the end user, but it's not a simple re-order.
Not until the second batch. Right now since it's brand-new I'm keeping things close to home in case there are unforseen problems.

Thank you, it does make sense ^^

Is there any ETA about when the second batch should be released? 
Activity: 178
Merit: 12
Not until the second batch. Right now since it's brand-new I'm keeping things close to home in case there are unforseen problems.

did I get any tracking number?  [email protected]  please.
legendary
Thanks  Grin

Is that unit only for being shipped in the US ? Can it be shipped WW ?
Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
Hello,

How quiet is the unit when running? Is that similar to a U3 ?

Im going to say yes. As its only a single 80mm arctic fan which is more than adequate to cool it.
Pages:
Jump to: