Pages:
Author

Topic: GekkoScience Terminus R606 750GH (up to 1TH) quiet miner, now shipping - page 19. (Read 11704 times)

Activity: 114
Merit: 151
Just got mine in today from 419Mining along with the power pack bundle. Smiley Ordered Sunday and wasn't expecting it to be here until Friday, however was on my front doorstep this morning. Grin So I get to begin tinkering earlier than expected.

Now just to figure out how I want to arrange all of this and get setup on a raspberry pi. I have 4x newpacs and 2x moonlander 2's running off a raspberry pi now. Although had to drop two of the newpacs due to limitations with the hub. Was using a BrovSS. Going to continue using that hub with the two moonlanders. And move these newpacs over to the gekko hub that I also picked up in this order. And should be enough power coming off this power bundle to handle this and the R606. Sadly I don't have a usb to micro usb B where I can ferry the Pi off the R606. Will continue with it's own power brick.

Many thanks and I'll probably be reach out if I need any help. Wink
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
my 1 r606 and my 3 newpacs are moving along.

http://solo.ckpool.org/users/1JdC6Xg3ajT3rge3FgPNSYYFpmf53Vbtje

Code:
{
 "hashrate1m": "1.28T",
 "hashrate5m": "1.25T",
 "hashrate1hr": "1.16T",
 "hashrate1d": "1.16T",
 "hashrate7d": "758G",
 "lastshare": 1557320697,
 "workers": 3,
 "shares": 36937785457,
 "bestshare": 1278260330.814753,  (I pulled this share overnight)
 "bestever": 44277454156,
 "worker": [
  {
   "workername": "1JdC6Xg3ajT3rge3FgPNSYYFpmf53Vbtje",
   "hashrate1m": "1.28T",
   "hashrate5m": "1.25T",
   "hashrate1hr": "1.16T",
   "hashrate1d": "1.16T",
   "hashrate7d": "758G",
   "lastshare": 1557320697,
   "shares": 36934825457,
   "bestshare": 1278260330.814753,
   "bestever": 44277454156
  }
 ]
}

I will be creating  the drawing for the compacs. I have 7 or 8 of them to give away. I decided to wait til everyone purchased and bitshopper began sales.
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Bitshopper has already asked about stocking them, so I assume so.
copper member
Activity: 970
Merit: 287
Per aspera ad astra
Looking forward to global sales (2nd batch).
I'm assuming BitShopper will have them in the EU?

Can't wait to get my hands on one of these babies. Roll Eyes
Activity: 22
Merit: 30
As those number approach near 1 ms, we'll begin hitting the usb bus limit per miner.
Those other chip states were part of an earlier attempt to sense per chip health.
The extra details is for the early phase releases and sidehack's burn in testing.

They'll fade further into the debug logs in future builds as they become un-interesing for normal use.

@cjsummers82
new build (0d524aa) : works with prohashing.com in --gekko-noboost mode.   they report vmask support but then rejects shares.  adding to review later pile.

vh,

Any update on ASICBOOST functionality for prohashing.com on the newest version of cgminer?  The newpac sticks accept asicboost on previous versions/releases of cgminer (@ 3339a51), but do not on the current release(s).

Thanks!
copper member
Activity: 190
Merit: 111
https://www.419mining.com
Hello from a new member, excited to have my R606 in hand. Can someone direct me to instructions or tutorial on to use a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ as a controller for Terminus R606? much appreciated. I've searched high low online with little luck.

The NewPac/R606 official support forums list the Raspbian compile instructions on page 1: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/gekkoscience-newpac-terminus-r606-bm1387-official-support-thread-5053833.
legendary
Check the NewPac support thread. This guy is basically a 12-chip NewPac with a few extra bells and/or whistles so the same cgminer installation instructions apply.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Hello from a new member, excited to have my R606 in hand. Can someone direct me to instructions or tutorial on to use a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ as a controller for Terminus R606? much appreciated. I've searched high low online with little luck.
legendary
typo   freq setting was 675

I just set to volt 6 with  freq 750 looking to see where it settles

It is doing freq 750 at volt setting 6  just a bit over 1 th.
the 3 new pacs at are 250 around 180gh

I am touching 1.2 th for this counting the 3 sticks.
legendary
It's a push fan, not a pull (but of course you can turn it around). Dust filter's not a bad idea and the added restriction would be a good reason to upgrade.

Phil, 920GH at 775MHz is terrible efficiency. It's probably re-targeting for 675MHz. 730MHz at 100% will get you 1TH. 920GH on volt setting 5 is pretty good though.
Activity: 2478
Merit: 621
Yep, and it did that with one stock fan and no case, which means no ducting so the airflow from that one stock fan wasn't even optimal.

It'd stay cooler with a stronger fan, but there's no need to go overboard. And two fans is stupidly wasteful, only necessary for highly constricted airflows like this specifically isn't. Why does everyone think everything needs two high-end server fans these days? It's frickin' 120 watts tops. Keep it simple.

If you're worried about heat, just watch the red lights. They start blinking at 75C.

(but hey, you buy it you can do whatever the heck you want to it; hacking up hardware is the reason I got into this game in the first place)

Im not going to be going overboard. I was thinking of putting a dust filter on the front and slightly upgrade the pull fan on the back to compensate for the restriction. Im not putting a howler of a fan on. Just didnt want to get a slightly more powerful fan and end up burning something out. Thats all. I totally appreciate that its only 120w of heat dissipation necessary  Wink
legendary
I think it is pretty good set to 775mhz  and power is set to

O
X
O

It does just about 920gh  and stays at 95-100%

with the 3 newpacs set to 225mhz  I am doing close to 1.1th

http://solo.ckpool.org/users/1JdC6Xg3ajT3rge3FgPNSYYFpmf53Vbtje

which reads  about 1.03th poolside

I have a pc running  a cpu and a gpu

a plat evga psu has spare pcie cables

one powers your hub and 3 newpacs
one power the terminus r606

the cpu is an amd 2700
the gpu is an rx 470

it appears  after two 1 day tests.  the nicehash mining drops the sidehack gear from  1.05 to 1.03  on ck's pool

but  I am taxing the cpu  mining with it must use 50-75% .
the gpu is only 1 card and taxes the cpu less.

I should do a rasp pi build  have to look to see if I have one laying around.
legendary
Yep, and it did that with one stock fan and no case, which means no ducting so the airflow from that one stock fan wasn't even optimal.

It'd stay cooler with a stronger fan, but there's no need to go overboard. And two fans is stupidly wasteful, only necessary for highly constricted airflows like this specifically isn't. Why does everyone think everything needs two high-end server fans these days? It's frickin' 120 watts tops. Keep it simple.

If you're worried about heat, just watch the red lights. They start blinking at 75C.

(but hey, you buy it you can do whatever the heck you want to it; hacking up hardware is the reason I got into this game in the first place)
legendary
So are you putting in a 100cfm blaster fan?

If I crank volts to max. Put in two 100cfm fans

Can this do 800mhz?

Or more then that?

Ie what is the highest 24 hour number done so far?

I see one of side hacks was doing 900mhz and 1.195th.
legendary
More than is practical.
IF and I do mean IF someone was to change the fan on the R606 what is the amp rating for the connector?
legendary
It would not be painless, because the seller is responsible for his own customer's service and support and if I get reports that so-and-so is leaving his customers in the lurch I get to blacklist that guy forever and then have to handle his customers anyway.

The reason I didn't jump at the offer is the same reason I haven't sent these pods to my international guys yet, or to a couple other domestic folks I already know and trust: headache reduction.
legendary
There's a nice illustration in the first post.

okay found it.
legendary
There's a nice illustration in the first post.
Pages:
Jump to: