Pages:
Author

Topic: GekkoScience Terminus R606 750GH (up to 1TH) quiet miner, now shipping - page 2. (Read 11704 times)

Activity: 562
Merit: 139
Are there any more of these in stock anywhere through an authorized vendor?
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490
The setup detailed in the thread is still good to use. I just set up 2 for my son a few months ago using those very instructions. You don't really need to do anything to it before you sell it.

when you sell it - let me know - I might buy it Smiley
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
Just looking for if I need a 'heads up' or not on a Gekkoscience R606 SHA256 Terminus Bitcoin Miner I got back in the day. It is NEW and Mint....damn, I got this back in 2019...so have some questions below. I 'just plain' don't have the time or space anymore to get this beast up and I am 'maybe' planning on putting this up for sale on eBay or on Bitcointalk selling area. Also, the 'fact' that the Corsair AX 1200 PSU's I had from like 2018 (used) went on eBay for around $400 bucks each, kinda put a crimp in my 'delusional' plans to ever get this up. This was 'if I remember correctly' a 'first-batch of this Gekkoscience R606 SHA256 Terminus Bitcoin Miner from 2019 looking back at the thread.

My question is this: not to be off-topic.....what do I have to tell the future buyer on how to upgrade and set this puppy up, after all this time? So do the 'instructions' on setup on such, still, in the box apply on getting up the Gekkoscience R606 through the same update www page? Or am I so far out of the loop that there are 'other' hurdles I need to jump through to get this unit up to date after all this time (almost 3 years) and need to contact the OP, for 'levering' this beast up in some manner before I sell it to somebody. If all is well, when I sell this, I can then tell whomever that the instructions link in the New Packaging is just fine to start out from and use.

Also, from the thread, I got this on Amazon...I think I paid $325? So could I get what I have into this beastie?

Anyway, let me know about the above if you don't mind, If I have to 'update' the beast in some 'dubious' manner I will borrow a PSU and do so myself, before moving it out the door. IF it is not a 'big deal' and instructions in the box are the same, then I can make it the buyer's problem.

Thanks.

Brad.
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
@madbiker2
See www.bitshopper.de , he is in Germany and he is a trusted GekkoScience reseller.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
hello. i am from spain? were i can buy it? i was to make a preorder in bitcoinmerch, they are legal? thanks.
Activity: 178
Merit: 12
Yeah we had so much trouble with those we started epoxying the jack to the board. Yours must be an early batch. I'll take care of it.

edit - Definitely an early batch, because we also put a notch in the case punchout to help accomodate the end of the cord and yours doesn't have that either. Your serial number must be like '1'.

I have 2 burned PCIe ports.  I need to ship to you for repair.
copper member
Activity: 190
Merit: 111
https://www.419mining.com
If you running on Windows and not getting a stable hashrate, I would add the gekko lowboost flag, check the first post for reference.
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Then the problem is your controller. If you're running Windows it probably sucks. Might check through the logs here and see what other Windows builds and flags you might test with.
Activity: 2
Both units are on setting 4 with only the top light.  430mv CG miner shows 12+ chips there's no defective chips in either unit.  It's running at 200mhz.
legendary
What's the voltage level set at? All 12 chips detected on both miners?
Activity: 2
I can't get a hash rate higher than 443ghs on TWO miners combined!!!!!   I'm running Windows CGminer 4.11.1 using a Gigabyte Brix minipc as a controller.  Each miner is plugged into it's own USB 2.0 port.  I'm getting this message from CG miner...  Plateau adjust target freq 550ghz—>200ghz I know 200 is the target frequency of Newpacs but I'm not running any on this system.

using the batch file from CG miner I added my info as:

Code:
cgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://stratum.slushpool.com:3333 --suggest-diff 128 -u GhettoSupstar.BlockStar -p x1234 --gekko-r606-freq 550

Any Ideas what would cause this?
legendary
Probably want to talk to the guy you bought it from.
Activity: 438
Merit: 15
Hit me up in messages and I'll give you an address.

Hey Sidehack,
I have a Terminus that is not powering up with neither the 8A or 10A.
Can I sent it to you for repair? Or is there someway I can self-diagnos?

Thanks,
Activity: 1022
Merit: 221
We are not retail.
yes, the serial number is 10040011, and yes it does not have the notch that my other R606's have.

how do I go about getting it to you?

Was it a unit from us? We can shoot out a label.
legendary
Hit me up in messages and I'll give you an address.
legendary
Yeah we had so much trouble with those we started epoxying the jack to the board. Yours must be an early batch. I'll take care of it.

edit - Definitely an early batch, because we also put a notch in the case punchout to help accomodate the end of the cord and yours doesn't have that either. Your serial number must be like '1'.

yes, the serial number is 10040011, and yes it does not have the notch that my other R606's have.

how do I go about getting it to you?
legendary

legendary
@sidehack - fixable? If so, can I send to you to fix? and how much would it cost to fix? my grandson knocked it over and it hit just right that with the cord plugged in that it knocked this right off.

Activity: 178
Merit: 12
That sounds pretty good.  I wouldn't go over 750Mhz though, per sidehacks suggestion.

I have 4 running on your breakout board now.   I was using a different model, all 4 ports were burnt out.   On two units the pcie ports are damaged.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 221
We are not retail.
That sounds pretty good.  I wouldn't go over 750Mhz though, per sidehacks suggestion.

Looks like it's hashing pretty well now. tunes to 700mhz on setting 7, overall average of 821gh/s running since 7:45 PM PST last night, current hour poolside is a bit over 900gh/s.

If you're using a brick, take it easy. If you've got a decent PSU on the PCIe connector, well, just don't burn the miner up. I've had test units run almost 900MHz.

Yea, it connected to my desktop's psu. 1600W.
Pages:
Jump to: