Pages:
Author

Topic: GekkoScience Terminus R606 750GH (up to 1TH) quiet miner, now shipping - page 5. (Read 11704 times)

legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Again, nope. I don't really care about altcoins so I don't build gear for them.

I'm also a fan of education, so if I can "encourage" people to learn a little bit more about the systems they want to use, rather than doing all the work for them, thereby increasing their overall understanding and hopefully improving general competence, well that's good too.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
No. I build things that I think should exist but don't, and I still believe hobby and home-scale miners should be a thing. If I stop making them, they won't get made.

I do agree very much! With that being said, I have a feeling you’re trying to get your hands on some different algorithms other than sha256 in the future! I’ll be the first one to grab if that’s the case:P

And with what I said earlier, I don’t mean a literal controller... I should’ve said “ease of use” and “extra features” rather than specifying them just like futurebit which is extremely user friendly for those non techies. But I don’t mind the way Terminus is built. It is sexy af and it works well no problems on my side.
Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
No. I build things that I think should exist but don't, and I still believe hobby and home-scale miners should be a thing. If I stop making them, they won't get made.

Here here!!
legendary
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
Sideways from the main topic, but did you ever consider switching from a miner production to a node production?
Just asking...since node demand is at least steady and maybe increasing due to LN.
legendary
Those features? No. I don't have much interest in building tiny self-contained computers that also mine. If I get to bigger things than the Terminus there'll be better provision for a "bundled controller" but not for the Terminus series.

Jstefanop can put more R&D time into the complexity of his Futurebit software and hardware because he doesn't also build them, far as I know. Leastways he doesn't do all of it. My stuff is entirely in-house, including board population and metalwork for the heatsinks and housings, so I have to coordinate the production line and build all the tooling as well as the design work, which means keeping things simple. Plus "keep things simple" is a core component of my design philosophy.
copper member
Activity: 190
Merit: 111
https://www.419mining.com
[...]

Hey CryNow, We are actively working on a pi4 based control system for the R606/Newpac miners. Nothing complete yet but whe hope to have it out soon... mostly when I find free time.
legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090
Think for yourself
Thanks to Eyeboot, I finally received a perfectly working Terminus R606! It’s nice and very quiet running at 700GH/s +- 100. Now, it’s just very hard looking for a very easy step by step instructions to setup on my Raspberry Pi 4. I’ve looked into pages of forums and I just couldn’t find one...

These are the instructions I used which are in the support thread:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.50968875
Activity: 6
@sidehack

Thanks to Eyeboot, I finally received a perfectly working Terminus R606! It’s nice and very quiet running at 700GH/s +- 100. Now, it’s just very hard looking for a very easy step by step instructions to setup on my Raspberry Pi 4. I’ve looked into pages of forums and I just couldn’t find one...

Also, is there any chance that the R606 is being “upgraded” to work more like the Futurebit Apollo LTC miner?

A full node working within the miner and even with its very own controller and software preinstalled. How about a wifi?

That would be massively beautiful if it could come with those features.Smiley

Any future plans??? Grin
Activity: 1022
Merit: 221
We are not retail.
While we're waiting for Gekko to move and set up the new shop please enjoy #gekkolove coupon code at check out with all pre orders of R606 for their next batch.
Activity: 178
Merit: 12
Right now we're packing up the shop. The last units built in our current location are currently on the tester and will be dispatched to a reseller next week. The first truckload of tools and materials rolls out in the morning.

Good news is, stuff for the next batch is already on order. Most of it's already here. Production will start in the new shop not long after Thanksgiving. I recently redesigned the PCB so the new batch units will be quicker to assemble and quicker to test and verify, so that's good for you guys.

Thank goodness, hopefully the new products can be out in new shop.

Nua
legendary
Right now we're packing up the shop. The last units built in our current location are currently on the tester and will be dispatched to a reseller next week. The first truckload of tools and materials rolls out in the morning.

Good news is, stuff for the next batch is already on order. Most of it's already here. Production will start in the new shop not long after Thanksgiving. I recently redesigned the PCB so the new batch units will be quicker to assemble and quicker to test and verify, so that's good for you guys.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 221
We are not retail.
Nice, we try to stay current as much as possible with production. Gekko seems to stay steady grinding out units. Wink
Activity: 91
Merit: 2
We tend to update orders with an eta per Gekko's production cadence. What I see is the wait isn't very long right but you should have received an update. Let me know if that didn't arrive and I can look into it.

Thanks.  I got the shipping notice and all is well. This will probably be my first of many Smiley
copper member
Activity: 190
Merit: 111
https://www.419mining.com
hello everybody ... do you know where to buy a GekkoScience R606 Terminus in Europe?? thank you all and good weekend
if you dont want to wait, we ship to EU via or website or ebay store

https://www.419mining.com/shop

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254228387070
legendary
I would switch over to my in-house server but it looks like the ISP's static routing is hosed so my stuff's been down for a couple days. Hopefully I can get everything updated and going again soon.

Anyone who's tried to get ahold of me by email since Saturday morning, drop me a PM.
Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
Bitshopper should have some soon
Activity: 18
hello everybody ... do you know where to buy a GekkoScience R606 Terminus in Europe?? thank you all and good weekend
Activity: 142
Merit: 60
What happened to the images in the top post?  They are all gone or blocked.

Photobucket blocked them because they are trying to extort $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.    You can still see the pics if you go directly to Sidehack's photobucket's page:  https://s648.photobucket.com/user/sidehack128/library?page=1.  You have to disable your adblocker though and Photobucket has more ads than AOL back in 1999. If you go there, be prepared to be gang-raped by pop-ups, loud videos about household cleaning products, and countless banners trying to convince you to buy a printed mug of the TR-606.  Photobucket sounds like a ransomware racket, I'm surprised they're not asking for payment in Bitcoin to see your own pics.
legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090
Think for yourself
What happened to the images in the top post?  They are all gone or blocked.
Pages:
Jump to: