Pages:
Author

Topic: GekkoScience Terminus R606 750GH (up to 1TH) quiet miner, now shipping - page 4. (Read 11704 times)

legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490
I bet that was overtaxing the brick. Not sure what the power draw is up around there, since with these chips it depends a lot on ambient temperature, but I wouldn't go over a target of about 900GH off a brick. The power draw from setting 6 could theoretically be upwards of 115 watts.

it was running at about 75 watts (per the killawatt) ambient temp in room is about 72 F --- the same settings on windows got me around 730 gh/s --- i unplugged from windows pc and plugged into raspberry pi it now runs around 1 th/s.

its on a 200 watt psu atm but now I need to replace the one I took off the Apollo lol and I need to buy another PSU for the other Terminus I have.

I also hear you are possibly working on a newer version soon?
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
I bet that was overtaxing the brick. Not sure what the power draw is up around there, since with these chips it depends a lot on ambient temperature, but I wouldn't go over a target of about 900GH off a brick. The power draw from setting 6 could theoretically be upwards of 115 watts.
legendary
Whoa that's not cool. What were your power settings?

setting 6 and 738 - it is getting me just over 1 th/s
legendary
Whoa that's not cool. What were your power settings?
legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090
Think for yourself
I got the Platinum which drove up the price.
legendary
If I get the 1000 I could run the 3 desktop miners and the 500 when he makes it. Also funny how the 1000 is cheaper than the 850.
legendary
Think for yourself
problem with those is the sound and the fact that these sit on my desk. any suggestions one that isn't loud?

Uh, no.  PC P/S's are very quiet now.  Mine has a switch on it that only turns on the fan when a certain temp is reached, it has never kicked on.  When I did run the fan it was silent.  The Pi 4 fan is much more noisy.

Edit: I got the 650 Watt version of this one.  Newegg takes Bitcoin.

https://www.newegg.com/seasonic-focus-plus-550-platinum-ssr-550px-550w/p/N82E16817151193
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
Assuming the cord on the burnt brick is long enough cut it off at the brick and wire it to the PSU leads. That's what I did for powering my ancient 10GH Jalapenos.
legendary
Get an ATX P/S.  Then you can easily add the 500 Watt device whenever Sidehack gets around to building it.  I wouldn't waste time with those small Power Supplies anyway.  Just isn't worth it.

problem with those is the sound and the fact that these sit on my desk. any suggestions one that isn't loud?
legendary
Think for yourself
Get an ATX P/S.  Then you can easily add the 500 Watt device whenever Sidehack gets around to building it.  I wouldn't waste time with those small Power Supplies anyway.  Just isn't worth it.
legendary
came back from the gas station to fill up my tank and the Terminus was down and out - apparently the PSU bought the farm and had a melt down.

Is there any way to get these replaced thru you @sidehack? or do I just need to get a small AT PSU and use that instead?

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
Yep right at the back of my desk so would have been difficult to expel the exhaust. 90deg duct pointing up and no problems at all.
legendary
why the duct? too close to the wall? I have 2 of them - one sits on top of the other - though I still need another PSU for the second one.

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
Same here. I added a duct and filter to mine and changed the fan for a slightly more powerful one to offset the filter restriction and its barely audible at all. I can touch the outer casing no problem. Great little desktop units!
legendary
I apologize for reviving an old thread, but thought it made more sense to ask the question here instead of starting a new topic.

I'm tossing around purchasing a Terminus R606 and curious about the thermal output as well as noice levels. Can anyone that owns one of these units please chime in?

Mine is cool to the touch - it sits on my desk - sound is not noticeable - perfect little desktop units.
Activity: 361
Merit: 267
I apologize for reviving an old thread, but thought it made more sense to ask the question here instead of starting a new topic.

I'm tossing around purchasing a Terminus R606 and curious about the thermal output as well as noice levels. Can anyone that owns one of these units please chime in?
Activity: 1022
Merit: 221
We are not retail.
Updated our GS banner for funzies and added an easter egg for terminus buyers.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
Yeah, I was just working from my previous KNC Titan Scrypt Miner angle for getting by as a home miner with legit $$ of some sort vs pure hobby...as that worked back in the day for various scrypt coin alts...in that did not want all my eggs in a BTC miner that will be blown up difficulty wise with possibility of NO ROI at all.....that angle may just be all beanie baby with the weak-ass FPGA coins available....anyway...was a thought.
legendary
Building an FPGA miner goes way beyond what I currently have the time and desire to do. Building a board with an FPGA on it is fairly trivial, but making the FPGA into a miner requires skills I don't yet have, and making it operate with any reasonably efficient logic implementation would take ten times more of those skills.

If you want alts, talk to FutureBit.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
That's too bad. Just from a production point of view, an FPGA Miner would kill by yourself. At least as a hobby miner in the basement..profit or not... you'd have 'potentially' different algo's made for probably 'dubious' altcoins..but hey..likely you could string this along for a few years like the KNC Titan from a hobby point of view not a making sense profit point of view...

Anyway, just an observation I respect your wishes on such things. (I was my silliness getting a KNC Neptune xfered to a KNC Titan back in the day..because I did not trust the BTC miner to arrive in time to ROI. (I was correct). So figured at least with a scrypt miner I could play with other coins if LTC or other difficulties got out of hand. I was sooooo much braver as a newbie! The kool-aid was strong....I mean $10,181.30 for a KNC Titan Miner (4 cubes!) That was probably about 1/2 a year's income in take-home pay! Now, I can't even buy any kind of dubious miner and can well afford to be stupid! Go figure!

Brad
Pages:
Jump to: