Pages:
Author

Topic: Giveaway threads are not allowed - page 45. (Read 889119 times)

Activity: 203
Merit: 100
January 27, 2014, 10:14:50 AM
Think it's a good idea. I've been trying to research a few of the alt currencies and it's a nightmare sifting through all the giveaway threads.

No. Moving giveaways to a new subforum is a good idea. Killing them is rejecting their promotion and marketing, and that's not a good idea.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I'm dying.
January 27, 2014, 10:13:39 AM
Well , I support this. I clearly do. Why?
Cause the alt section is a mess.

Theymos did something for the alts , he has allowed sub forums , even though it's bitcointalk not altcointalk.
And the result :?

From one huge mess 4 new huge messes.
Mining pools , giveaways , new coins , second launch announcements in the announcement thread.
Mining pools in all the subforums.
Lots of coins have two threads in both ann and in the main subforum.
Giveaways everywhere , and as far as I've seen most of them are scams used to spam the forum to attract people to that coin.

And we should not even talk about random newbies with 1 post that infiltrate the other forums with "buy xxx " "xx coin is the solution".

I know it seems like a harsh decision but some rules need to be enforced here.

He's earning money from that.

Why didn't they think about that when they ''allowed'' (rofl) alt-coins in the forum?

You know , you're making some assumption here.
I hope you're referring to traffic gained not to "%x , percentage of something" cause that might look like a bribery taking part.

Care to clear things up?
Also with an activity as big as mine (or should I say small as) you're pretty demanding.
Of course I'm talking about traffic. What else could I be talking about?

I'm not demanding, I just want this forum get on its feet with alts. I love bct, I wouldn't damage it.

I do ''business'' on this forum. I'm interested to advertise myself here as well. I even offered my own money for a new HDD/SSD if they can't support a new section
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
LIR Dev. www.letitride.io
January 27, 2014, 10:11:21 AM
Think it's a good idea. I've been trying to research a few of the alt currencies and it's a nightmare sifting through all the giveaway threads.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Jambler.io
January 27, 2014, 09:58:10 AM

Theymos did something for the alts , he has allowed sub forums , even though it's bitcointalk not altcointalk.

Mining pools , giveaways , new coins , second launch announcements in the announcement thread.
Giveaways everywhere , and as far as I've seen most of them are scams used to spam the forum to attract people to that coin.

And we should not even talk about random newbies with 1 post that infiltrate the other forums with "buy xxx " "xx coin is the solution".

Why didn't they think about that when they ''allowed'' (rofl) alt-coins in the forum?

You know , you're making some assumption here.
I hope you're referring to traffic gained not to "%x , percentage of something" cause that might look like a bribery taking part.

Care to clear things up?
Also with an activity as big as mine (or should I say small as) you're pretty demanding.
I'm dying.
January 27, 2014, 09:55:48 AM
I'm expecting for an answer from theymos or anyone else from the staff.

People are waiting me to send them the coins I promised.

I don't want to get banned because I sent coins to people, nor I want those people get banned.
Activity: 203
January 27, 2014, 09:47:07 AM
I don't see how this decision is promoting or helping cryptocurrency the least. It's just counter-intuitive, and a showcase of tiny-minded BOFHism. To increase awareness and use of cryptocurrency people MUST be allowed to promote, as long as they are not scamming miners or traders for their resources. I was spending a lot of time trying to promote a specific coin (which I don't dare to mention here in fear of getting banned by the trigger-happy admin) through a giveaway of my mined earnings, but now me and others are suddenly disallowed this participation.

You should make a subforum for it instead of just putting a gag on everyone, that way you get a cleaner announcement forum and we get to keep our ability to promote coins.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000
to your stations, man the pineapples!!!
January 27, 2014, 09:44:10 AM
make a sub forum, move the clutter to somewhere where it aint clutter no more.

unless we wants all serious face :|

--
mayhaps even give someone a job of moderating the giveaways, limiting who can create threads etc .. lot of crap giveaways ? shut them down.
I'm dying.
January 27, 2014, 09:42:25 AM

legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Jambler.io
January 27, 2014, 09:35:00 AM

legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
January 27, 2014, 09:26:18 AM
This is fucking retarded and the admins or posters that support it are stupid

The spam here is bad, but restricting it this way just shows how little you guys understand
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
January 27, 2014, 09:19:32 AM
Why should I support killing giveaway threads (which are pain in the arse) when admins aren't doing shit with reported people and posts?
We report spammers, scammers and junk posts and you don't care a bit and now you wan't to remove some of the spam with killing giveaway threads?

It's a matter of principle, you should fight all spam instead of thinking of a reason to close big part of altcoins because they are threatening bitcoin (they're not, but there are some crazy people out there thinking they know best).

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for shutting down giveaways on this forum but will not support it until I see actual scammers and spammers being banned from the forum after being reported to moderator...
I'm dying.
January 27, 2014, 09:08:06 AM
Anyway it doesn't work.

I've post 20+ messages to giveaways yesterday, only 3 give me coins. Every DOGE coins giveaway - just a flood section, there are no coins, nothing received.
You're posting in the wrong threads buddy!

I have 1500+ followers which receive free coins everyday!

https://twitter.com/ThisWeeksCoin
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
January 27, 2014, 09:07:09 AM
Anyway it doesn't work.

I've post 20+ messages to giveaways yesterday, only 3 give me coins. Every DOGE coins giveaway - just a flood section, there are no coins, nothing received.
Activity: 126
January 27, 2014, 09:06:54 AM
If you ban giveaways people will just rename it and spam again.

Subforum would be more effective.

Kiss
I'm dying.
January 27, 2014, 09:02:01 AM
Are you saying we can't give people bounties for doing jobs for the coin?  that doesn't make sense, that's what this game is all about.  I sure hope I'm misreading that.

Why do donators want the altcoin section gone?  All they have to do is NOT visit the subforum.  It's called bookmarking your fav subforms.

Any of you Web designer forum making guys, it sounds like we need to get prepared to take our house somewhere else.

Bitcoin is great and we want it to thrive, but altcoins make us all a lot of money were as with bitcoin eventually only a top handful of groups are going to be making money mining.  Altcoins are making a lot of people's dreams come true.  People that really need it.
Altcoin subforum has useful information. Altcoin subforum is heavily populated by giveaway threads, reducing usefulness of subforum to those without desire for $.00005 worth of NewAltCoin. (among garbage coin announcements, but it's probably impossible to make an effective, binary ruleset on what is and isn't acceptable)

Giveaway sub-subforum solution is acceptable, I think. There may also be a correlation between account sales (which is allowed because it's very difficult to effectively enforce a ban against) and giveaway threads, but who really cares about that? There may also be more "ideological" reasons for this move (preventing pump&dumps)... don't really care about those.

BTC was pumped and dumped. BTC was the first coin which was pumped and dumped ever. There are threads with BTC giveaways. I find it useless, if other altcoin giveaways are useless.

There must be one giveaway section for btc/alts.

''$.00005 worth of NewAltCoin''.. I gave more than 10k USD in giveaways.

I'm offering my help.

Activity: 140
January 27, 2014, 09:01:47 AM
oh that explains why my thread got locked  ( i made a new one without knowing this rule) il lock the new one aswel
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
January 27, 2014, 08:58:25 AM
Are you saying we can't give people bounties for doing jobs for the coin?  that doesn't make sense, that's what this game is all about.  I sure hope I'm misreading that.

Why do donators want the altcoin section gone?  All they have to do is NOT visit the subforum.  It's called bookmarking your fav subforms.

Any of you Web designer forum making guys, it sounds like we need to get prepared to take our house somewhere else.

Bitcoin is great and we want it to thrive, but altcoins make us all a lot of money were as with bitcoin eventually only a top handful of groups are going to be making money mining.  Altcoins are making a lot of people's dreams come true.  People that really need it.
Altcoin subforum has useful information. Altcoin subforum is heavily populated by giveaway threads, reducing usefulness of subforum to those without desire for $.00005 worth of NewAltCoin. (among garbage coin announcements, but it's probably impossible to make an effective, binary ruleset on what is and isn't acceptable)

Giveaway sub-subforum solution is acceptable, I think. There may also be a correlation between account sales (which is allowed because it's very difficult to effectively enforce a ban against) and giveaway threads, but who really cares about that? There may also be more "ideological" reasons for this move (preventing pump&dumps)... don't really care about those.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
January 27, 2014, 08:50:31 AM

Of course that cryptocoins have no sense nor future if they can not be advertised!!
Activity: 238
January 27, 2014, 08:37:52 AM
Are you saying we can't give people bounties for doing jobs for the coin?  that doesn't make sense, that's what this game is all about.  I sure hope I'm misreading that.  Or are you just talking about dedicated random giveaway threads?

Bitcoin is great and we want it to thrive, but altcoins make us all a lot of money were as with bitcoin eventually only a top handful of groups are going to be making money mining.  Altcoins are making a lot of people's dreams come true.  People that really need it.
I'm dying.
Pages:
Jump to: