Pages:
Author

Topic: Giveaway threads are not allowed - page 43. (Read 898762 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
January 27, 2014, 01:29:15 PM
whats next limiting each altcoin to 1 thread lol

no, what's next is actually going back to being able to read and have meaningful discussions about altcoins in the altcoin section, and the giveaway coin promoters crying their asses to another forum that will have them. Win/win
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
January 27, 2014, 01:22:50 PM
Se this basically means that we will no longer be able to receive coins for free ?

What in these example=> Yesterday i signed up for reddcoin promo in which we were promised 10k reddcoins at start... What in these case ??

And yeah, it was getting to messy with all threads...

And i just came to these forum...Sad
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
January 27, 2014, 01:20:54 PM

Thats the next step if things continue to get out of hand.
Things will continue to get out of hand. This is not communism era.

Either remove alts from the forum or let people do their own stuff.

Thats the next plan if this doesn't help.

Stop being such a gangster.

''before the whole alt currencies section gets deleted'' <= Wont happen, ever. Capone.

It's staff's mistake, not people's mistake. They could make a new sub-forum AGES ago, instead of closing threads.

Most of the admins/mods are lazy, bored to move their little finger. That's what happens.

Make a new section for giveaways.

Could be as soon as today if I can't get things straightened up.

You would be surprised by how many reports the Alt Currency section generates per day, far more than the rest of the entire forum combined. I'd say about 200-300 on a non busy day, but I've seen 1,000+ on heavy traffic days. At 30 seconds to finish an action on reports that dont involve reading a page of context to decide a report's validity, you are looking at a minimum of an hour and a half worth of Alt Coin reports to deal with, thats like on a Sunday when there isn't much traffic. 3-4 hours isn't uncommon, and when dogecoin was first released it was far more than that. Its not laziness, its trying to remove spam, not content in general. Having an Alt Coin Giveaway subforum doesn't fix the problem, it just shifts the spam to another subforum. The fact of the matter is that there is just too much content to be held on the Bitcoins forums. The intent was not to host alt coin conversation here; like I keep saying, it was to help direct people to their own forums.

exactly what most of us are talking about... I know a couple of users on this forum which are only trolls and scammers, nothing good out of them comes out, and I know they were reported to moderators over and over again and that just fuels them more and more because they know moderators won't do anything about it so they come back as bigger jerks every f-in time...
Who cares anyway.. I don't need giveaways and I don't need this forum, but this is just stupid and owners/admins are only one to blame (I know it's not an easy job but it is a JOB and if you can't take it, stap away, somebody can)...

And yes, that does mean you can remove whatever you want.. Than again, you know that would be a big mistake.. And you know that if you did ban a ton of people already that you wouldn't have so many problems right now. If you, however, did already ban thousands of people since the beginning of this forum I need to ask you one thing: Why are giveaway threads still alive? Cheesy
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I'm dying.
January 27, 2014, 01:20:32 PM

''before the whole alt currencies section gets deleted'' <= Wont happen, ever. Capone.

It's staff's mistake, not people's mistake. They could make a new sub-forum AGES ago, instead of closing threads.

Most of the admins/mods are lazy, bored to move their little finger. That's what happens.

You would be surprised by how many reports the Alt Currency section generates per day, far more than the rest of the entire forum combined. I'd say about 200-300 on a non busy day, but I've seen 1,000+ on heavy traffic days. At 30 seconds to finish an action on reports that dont involve reading a page of context to decide a report's validity, you are looking at a minimum of an hour and a half worth of Alt Coin reports to deal with, thats like on a Sunday when there isn't much traffic. 3-4 hours isn't uncommon, and when dogecoin was first released it was far more than that. Its not laziness, its trying to remove spam, not content in general. Having an Alt Coin Giveaway subforum doesn't fix the problem, it just shifts the spam to another subforum. The fact of the matter is that there is just too much content to be held on the Bitcoins forums. The intent was not to host alt coin conversation here; like I keep saying, it was to help direct people to their own forums.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=434671.20

I've been moderator in a forum with 100k+ people (gamers).
Not people interested if cryptos. That's much worse than your position in this forum.

I know what you're talking about, I understand you. But still, it's not a good move to restrict such thing. It's nothing bad. Lock/delete existing giveaway topics, clean the mess. It might take you 3 hours, instead of taking you 3 hours per day, every day.
Make a new subforum where we actually can promote things. Where we can bring more people.

I understand that the forum name is 'bitcointalk' and not altcointalk. But there's already a section for alt-coins. Which means we can talk about anything we like ( that's how I see it and more than 90% other people )

You can even make a non post count section for such purpose.

Giveaway KING Smiley
Activity: 1344
Merit: 261
January 27, 2014, 01:18:57 PM
fuck it.... one more reason to go to cryptocointalk instead.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Bitcointalk.org
January 27, 2014, 01:02:03 PM
Well , I support this. I clearly do. Why?
Cause the alt section is a mess.

Theymos did something for the alts , he has allowed sub forums , even though it's bitcointalk not altcointalk.
And the result :?

From one huge mess 4 new huge messes.
Mining pools , giveaways , new coins , second launch announcements in the announcement thread.
Mining pools in all the subforums.
Lots of coins have two threads in both ann and in the main subforum.
Giveaways everywhere , and as far as I've seen most of them are scams used to spam the forum to attract people to that coin.

And we should not even talk about random newbies with 1 post that infiltrate the other forums with "buy xxx " "xx coin is the solution".

I know it seems like a harsh decision but some rules need to be enforced here.

nobody is forcing you to go to this 'huge mess' that you think doesnt belong here anyways... if you choose to go to a section you don't think belongs here then that is your choice... what about the new people that come here - are we to lead them to think that BTC is the only viable coin? what an idiotic stance to take
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
January 27, 2014, 12:58:52 PM

I'm dying.
January 27, 2014, 12:56:49 PM
This forum wasn't meant for giveaways, so they banned it. There is no harm in that, another forum will pop up sooner than later which caters to this need.

No biggie.

You're right.

I'm continuing my giveaways at my own forum.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/giveaway-threads-are-not-allowed-434310
RJX
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
umachit.fund
January 27, 2014, 12:46:36 PM
This forum wasn't meant for giveaways, so they banned it. There is no harm in that, another forum will pop up sooner than later which caters to this need.

No biggie.
I'm dying.
January 27, 2014, 12:43:14 PM
I agree with the decision, please, the point of the Alt Coin section of Bitcointalk was so that you could have basic conversation about whatever coins you wanted here. Things like in depth coin support and discussion, and giveaways are far better off on their own respective coin's forum. Its getting way out of control here, and we thought that just allowing for a little bit organization would help, but the effects of incentivized posting is spamming the forum, and its spilling over to the rest of the boards.

Seems like a good idea. It was getting out of control and it's encouraging them even more to create and market 1000000 new cryptos that just saturate the market...

Lots of peoples, big potential, just censored. And it's a good idea ?

Why not a subforum ?

And what's about giving away the 6k of donations peoples did to you to get a nice forum ? Peoples asking for giveaway threads that's why there is a lot. So we gave 6k to get pulled out ?

Bitcoin forum
, people donated for a Bitcoin forum. Many of those people want Alt Coins gone entirely from Bitcointalk. The Altcoin section was made essentially as an off topic section, to group all non bitcoin crypto currencies in one place that is out of the way from the Bitcoin discussion. The spam is overwhelming the entire forum.
Then remove the altcoin subforums if that's so.

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
January 27, 2014, 12:40:25 PM
I agree with the decision, please, the point of the Alt Coin section of Bitcointalk was so that you could have basic conversation about whatever coins you wanted here. Things like in depth coin support and discussion, and giveaways are far better off on their own respective coin's forum. Its getting way out of control here, and we thought that just allowing for a little bit organization would help, but the effects of incentivized posting is spamming the forum, and its spilling over to the rest of the boards.

Seems like a good idea. It was getting out of control and it's encouraging them even more to create and market 1000000 new cryptos that just saturate the market...

Lots of peoples, big potential, just censored. And it's a good idea ?

Why not a subforum ?

And what's about giving away the 6k of donations peoples did to you to get a nice forum ? Peoples asking for giveaway threads that's why there is a lot. So we gave 6k to get pulled out ?

Bitcoin forum
, people donated for a Bitcoin forum. Many of those people want Alt Coins gone entirely from Bitcointalk. The Altcoin section was made essentially as an off topic section, to group all non bitcoin crypto currencies in one place that is out of the way from the Bitcoin discussion. The spam is overwhelming the entire forum.
Then remove the altcoin subforums if that's so.

I'm dying.
January 27, 2014, 12:32:26 PM
Anyway, my offer still stands. I'll pay for extra hardware, just to support a giveaway section.

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
January 27, 2014, 12:29:45 PM
I personally discovered BitcoinTalk because of one of these giveaway threads, and whenever I introduce people to cryptocurrency, I tell them that if they want to start off without paying money they should probably look up "giveaways" of certain coins on Google, and Bitcointalk is usually always the first result. You may have a personal grudge against alternate coins and that's understandable as there are many so called sh*t coins out there but you should let the market decide which coins will succeed and which won't. Not only this but you're going to drive your audience- which you acknowledge is big for this kind of thing- to other forums made either specifically for giveaways or those who are competing with you.
Activity: 224
January 27, 2014, 12:25:33 PM
i really don't think its a good idea to ban giveaways on your forum, cant we have a separate sub for giveaways and advertising. the giveaways bring a lot of people to you site. your forum is the mecca for all alt coin talk, and in turn could speed up the public's exposure to cryptcurrencies which is what everyone wants. one other thing their seems to be a lot of old threads mainly giveaways which look dead, is their a way we can have the closed or locked.

thanks.
I'm dying.
January 27, 2014, 12:21:04 PM
i have a question to bitcointalk

didn't your earnings get boosted by the mega traffic from these altcoin people ?

because under every first post in the forums you show ads, don't you?

i can be wrong of course, that is why i am asking Tongue
Wait for theymos, let's see what he has to say.

Those forum moderators are tough.

Activity: 420
Merit: 263
let's make a deal.
January 27, 2014, 12:20:58 PM
i've always wondered who exactly was bumping those giveaway threads; looks like they're all posting in this thread now. 
Activity: 197
January 27, 2014, 12:19:45 PM
i have a question to bitcointalk

didn't your earnings get boosted by the mega traffic from these altcoin people ?

because under every first post in the forums you show ads, don't you?

i can be wrong of course, that is why i am asking Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1410
Merit: 1003
Bagholder. Hodling shit since 2014
January 27, 2014, 12:18:52 PM
One thread for Bitcoin, one thread for altcoins, one thread for trading, one thread for mining, one thread for offtopic and so on. Forum will surely become more clean, tidy and organized! Think about this offer Cool
I'm dying.
January 27, 2014, 12:16:54 PM

I've seen places without spam... How is that possible? Oh.. I know.. They know how to deal with it without shutting down 70% of their traffic...

That 70% of traffic was paid spam, it isn't needed or wanted. I understand people will be upset because they can't pay people to spam their threads and that hurts their bottom line, and they don't care about the consequences to people who actually want to discuss things, but y'all are going to have to get over it, and stop being such drama queens.

Giveaway King, lol.

Yeah, Giveaway King, forum moderator.

"Paid spam", mhm, I see. So, in other words I paid people to come and spam here. Gotcha.

I'm not getting upset, I'm getting more support from the people who actually know me. That's a big plus.

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
ADT developer
January 27, 2014, 12:14:15 PM
Pages:
Jump to: