Pages:
Author

Topic: Giveaway threads are not allowed - page 38. (Read 898560 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127
January 28, 2014, 05:57:31 AM

Says there's a giveaway in the OP, and someone is paying.

Also looks like some are using newly created accoumts to bump their giveaway posts. Might not be a good idea to let people link them from here after all. Or not allow threads that only link to giveaways, only as an addendum in an existing thread.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
January 28, 2014, 05:16:16 AM
Activity: 346
Merit: 255
January 28, 2014, 05:12:03 AM
Thank. God.

Might actually be able to find interesting posts on this forum now
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067
January 28, 2014, 04:53:27 AM
The problem is they feel altcoins hurt them and they THINK they are better because they focus on a REAL coin! You can sense it between every word. They are shooting themselves in the foot. You see this stuff everyday. I thought bitcoin people were different. Just another day I guess....

You are absolutely right. I still believe Doge did more good to the community and people are getting excited on opportunities like Bitcoin was years ago. Never underestimate the power of marketing.

You are are joking about Doge right?

A few own and manipulate the market then payoff members to spread FUD about every other coin and fill everywhere with spam threads about how great Doge is - bitcointalk, other altcoin forums and subbeddits ,news sites, utube comments........ Come on wake up - sold as coin for the kids - like selling crack from an ice cream van in bags with scooby-doo on them.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
January 28, 2014, 04:03:23 AM
The problem is they feel altcoins hurt them and they THINK they are better because they focus on a REAL coin! You can sense it between every word. They are shooting themselves in the foot. You see this stuff everyday. I thought bitcoin people were different. Just another day I guess....

You are absolutely right. I still believe Doge did more good to the community and people are getting excited on opportunities like Bitcoin was years ago. Never underestimate the power of marketing.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
January 28, 2014, 02:56:22 AM
Why not create giveaway section? I don't want leave this place for giveaways. Please. Smiley

Giveaway is nice exploring experience for noobs.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
January 28, 2014, 01:13:19 AM
I totally support removing the giveaways from this forum, as I said - but this discussion has run on for too long... You made a decision why are you allowing people to keep whining in this thread about it? Just lock the thread and stand by your choice. If they want to leave, they can leave... you have said several times that you made up your mind and are sick of the complaining... I would love to see this thread locked, the issue put to bed, and the giveaway threads actually disappearing from altcoin... bc they are still spamming it up quite a bit.

I wouldn't. We are here to discuss, even if it be the meta, because this is Alt-meta.

I will write a rather long post about all this mess tomorrow since I feel obliged to speak up.

Edit: I changed my mind. This has gone too far. You're all crazy.
rnp
Activity: 65
Bullish on BitCoins
January 28, 2014, 01:09:45 AM
I think some of the confusion/backlash came from a disagreement from the title "Giveaway threads are not allowed" and the beginning of the post, "Most Giveaway threads are no longer allowed"

From the OP, Giveaway threads are still allowed IF you don't solicit posts on the threads (including "post your address") or some other board-spamming technique.

Otherwise, as the OP says, have people go off-site to fulfill the giveaways.

That said I like the quasi-solution of using the other board.

I'm too tired to look up what I'm talking about.

Not that anyone cares what I think.

Good night.
Activity: 182
January 28, 2014, 01:06:13 AM
I totally support removing the giveaways from this forum, as I said - but this discussion has run on for too long... You made a decision why are you allowing people to keep whining in this thread about it? Just lock the thread and stand by your choice. If they want to leave, they can leave... you have said several times that you made up your mind and are sick of the complaining... I would love to see this thread locked, the issue put to bed, and the giveaway threads actually disappearing from altcoin... bc they are still spamming it up quite a bit.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
ADT developer
January 28, 2014, 12:36:42 AM
good, and id add if a coin is premine it should also be locked or restricted.
enough of this crappy scams.

nearly every coin on here including BTC was ether premined / instamined lol
legendary
Activity: 1526
the grandpa of cryptos
January 28, 2014, 12:35:32 AM
good, and id add if a coin is premine it should also be locked or restricted.
enough of this crappy scams.
legendary
ADT developer
January 28, 2014, 12:35:16 AM
Most giveaway threads are no longer allowed in the Alternate cryptocurrencies sections. From now on, posting or replying to such threads could result in being banned. Existing threads will be locked.

Specifically, you are not allowed to give people any incentive to post insubstantial posts in your threads. You can't offer to pay people who post their addresses, usernames, etc. You can do giveaways off-site and link to the giveaway page in a thread, but you can't give people any bonus for replying to your thread.

Similar threads are already restricted to Games and Rounds in the non-altcoin sections, but the giveaway-related post volume is so high in the altcoin sections that I've decided to just ban them entirely here.

if your getting rid of giveaways this should go as well as it promotes far more spam

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=432705.0;topicseen
You forgot primedice.

Oh.. They're paying for ads Grin

all the paid to post threads should be removed due to spam it causes
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I'm dying.
January 28, 2014, 12:33:13 AM
Most giveaway threads are no longer allowed in the Alternate cryptocurrencies sections. From now on, posting or replying to such threads could result in being banned. Existing threads will be locked.

Specifically, you are not allowed to give people any incentive to post insubstantial posts in your threads. You can't offer to pay people who post their addresses, usernames, etc. You can do giveaways off-site and link to the giveaway page in a thread, but you can't give people any bonus for replying to your thread.

Similar threads are already restricted to Games and Rounds in the non-altcoin sections, but the giveaway-related post volume is so high in the altcoin sections that I've decided to just ban them entirely here.

if your getting rid of giveaways this should go as well as it promotes far more spam

You forgot primedice.

Oh.. They're paying for ads Grin
legendary
ADT developer
January 28, 2014, 12:30:46 AM

I'm dying.
January 28, 2014, 12:08:17 AM
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/giveaway-how-to-do-giveaways-example-with-1000-tips-sticky-435962

This is what I have in my mind. If mods agree with my solution, I'd like that ^ topic gets sticky, for good of both sides Tongue
( Yeah, sharing is caring )
Activity: 182
January 27, 2014, 11:58:19 PM
perfect maybe those 100% premined coins will start to die now
Activity: 98
January 27, 2014, 11:57:49 PM
This seem like a good thing. The real potential coins will be here to stay and we'll get less clones coins. This will drastically change the game on the crypto world.
Activity: 89
January 27, 2014, 10:50:17 PM
Just make a subforum for them ffs.  I don't see any reason for a ban.  The whole point of the giveaway is to add awareness, the only problem is when the giveaway died the topics kept getting bumped instead of locked.  The giveaway threads were the good topics in the board, the bad ones were mostly all the others.  

I just don't get why you can't give them a subforum if you hate them so much.

edit--seriously half the topics now are "this coin that's mostly the same as the others is best" and other topics that are only posted and argued on by people with self serving interests and THAT's what you ban?
I'm dying.
Pages:
Jump to: