Pages:
Author

Topic: Giveaway threads are not allowed - page 44. (Read 898780 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 263
let's make a deal.
January 27, 2014, 12:13:24 PM
Make a new section for giveaways.

They did: OFF SITE

You can do giveaways off-site and link to the giveaway page in a thread, but you can't give people any bonus for replying to your thread.

so have fun.  the rest of the site can enjoy the peace and quiet, without the donours and ops footing the bill for giveaway spam, "i'll pay you for your sig" threads, and other bullshit which adds nothing to the site except to the noise and server bills. We can't even have a conversation here without having to sort through 8 or 10 freeloaders bumping giveaway threads for coins i don't and will never give two shits about.

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127
January 27, 2014, 12:10:38 PM

I've seen places without spam... How is that possible? Oh.. I know.. They know how to deal with it without shutting down 70% of their traffic...

That 70% of traffic was paid spam, it isn't needed or wanted. I understand people will be upset because they can't pay people to spam their threads and that hurts their bottom line, and they don't care about the consequences to people who actually want to discuss things, but y'all are going to have to get over it, and stop being such drama queens.

Giveaway King, lol.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I'm dying.
January 27, 2014, 12:10:12 PM
oh noooooo the economy colapse!!!! the banks are shuting down our altcoinz!!!!! omg what to do!!!! riot!
Such nickname, such signature, such attitude.

Half of the views this topic has are coming from my followers.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
January 27, 2014, 12:09:24 PM
Are giveaways as part of an announcement-thread still allowed?

No, it promotes spam, it's detrimental to actual discussion, and brings nothing at all of value to the forum. It's never been allowed on the forum in general, they are restricted to games and rounds. Alt currencies was different because there was no games and rounds/giveaway forum. I've thought about this as well but didn't care enough to do anything about it, but since theymos did, I support it fully. Y'all need to stop spamming the forum before the whole alt currencies section gets deleted, it's getting to be more trouble than it's worth. I liked the alt currencies section once upon a time, but it's completely and utterly worthless at the moment because of all the spam.

TLDR If your announcement thread has a giveaway in it, it will be locked.

I've seen places without spam... How is that possible? Oh.. I know.. They know how to deal with it without shutting down 70% of their traffic...

No, it promotes spam, it's detrimental to actual discussion, and brings nothing at all of value to the forum. It's never been allowed on the forum in general, they are restricted to games and rounds. Alt currencies was different because there was no games and rounds/giveaway forum. I've thought about this as well but didn't care enough to do anything about it, but since theymos did, I support it fully. Y'all need to stop spamming the forum before the whole alt currencies section gets deleted, it's getting to be more trouble than it's worth. I liked the alt currencies section once upon a time, but it's completely and utterly worthless at the moment because of all the spam.

Stop being such a gangster.

''before the whole alt currencies section gets deleted'' <= Wont happen, ever. Capone.

It's staff's mistake, not people's mistake. They could make a new sub-forum AGES ago, instead of closing threads.

Most of the admins are lazy, bored to move their little finger. That's what happens.

exactly what most of us are talking about... I know a couple of users on this forum which are only trolls and scammers, nothing good out of them comes out, and I know they were reported to moderators over and over again and that just fuels them more and more because they know moderators won't do anything about it so they come back as bigger jerks every f-in time...
Who cares anyway.. I don't need giveaways and I don't need this forum, but this is just stupid and owners/admins are only one to blame (I know it's not an easy job but it is a JOB and if you can't take it, stap away, somebody can)...

i Reported a Person for days straight and even Pm'ed a Admin not a single response the guy is still swearing and talking shit 24/7
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
January 27, 2014, 12:08:00 PM
oh noooooo the economy colapse!!!! the banks are shuting down our altcoinz!!!!! omg what to do!!!! riot!
legendary
Activity: 1410
Merit: 1003
Bagholder. Hodling shit since 2014
January 27, 2014, 12:06:46 PM
Couldn't you organize a poll and ask if people would like to have a subforum or totally get rid off the giveaways?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/petitionpoll-make-new-section-for-giveawaystasks-434671
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
January 27, 2014, 11:58:24 AM

''before the whole alt currencies section gets deleted'' <= Wont happen, ever. Capone.

It's staff's mistake, not people's mistake. They could make a new sub-forum AGES ago, instead of closing threads.

Most of the admins are lazy, bored to move their little finger. That's what happens.

exactly what most of us are talking about... I know a couple of users on this forum which are only trolls and scammers, nothing good out of them comes out, and I know they were reported to moderators over and over again and that just fuels them more and more because they know moderators won't do anything about it so they come back as bigger jerks every f-in time...
Who cares anyway.. I don't need giveaways and I don't need this forum, but this is just stupid and owners/admins are only one to blame (I know it's not an easy job but it is a JOB and if you can't take it, stap away, somebody can)...
I'm dying.
January 27, 2014, 11:57:58 AM

Most of the admins/mods are lazy, bored to move their little finger. That's what happens.

Activity: 814
Merit: 1000
January 27, 2014, 11:55:35 AM
Couldn't you organize a poll and ask if people would like to have a subforum or totally get rid off the giveaways?
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127
January 27, 2014, 11:50:38 AM

legendary
Activity: 1120
January 27, 2014, 11:33:22 AM
Altcoin subforum has useful information. Altcoin subforum is heavily populated by giveaway threads, reducing usefulness of subforum to those without desire for $.00005 worth of NewAltCoin.

This.

Im here primarily for the altcoin section, but the giveaways for trivial amounts of today's NewAltCoin don't have much value and make it substantially harder to get to the useful posts in the AltCoin section.

For all the people who want the giveaways - have you noticed that its the same people on everyone?  And that those people will know about your coin anyway?  It's a preaching to the choir situation.  If someone sees a giveaway, they've very likely seem the announcement and know about your coin.

An [ANN]  thread really is all the promo needed on BitCoinTalk -- you'd  get more results putting your promo efforts just about anywhere else on the intertubes.

+1
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
January 27, 2014, 11:01:06 AM
+1 for giveaway subforum.

If you ban these posts, so you can lose many people that visit this forum for altcoins, lose the biggest cryptocoin community.
Stop being the world No. 1 cryptocoin forum, if you leave only bitcoin, because it's "only bitcoin talk", not any other sha256 (devcoin, no-no), or scrypt(litecoin, no-no), or quark or something else algorythm.
If you want to say that you only "bitcoin forum", than leave only bitcoin cryptocurrency, don't use double standarts please.
Nowdays it's the biggest forum of all cryptocurrencies, and all information about this focused in one place. And it's good.
Thing that you want to do, shatter this info on many sites. It's not good to open tens sites for news of giveaways, or games, or faucet

So we can think more:
1) Today you ban giveaways.
2) Tomorrow you ban discussion about altcoins and leave only announcement.
3) Day after tomorrow you ban all altcoins on forum ?
Think it's way down.

Also you can exclude altcoin subforum from recent posts list, don't think that it's hard. You must have programmers, that can do it easily.
If you do not have enough moderators to watch on new posts, you can take them more from community.
There many ways that can be done for the comfort of all us.
Dont understand why you don't discuss this step with big community earlier, but put us before a fact ?
Don't understand profits of this strange step.
I understand "reserved posts" ban, but not this.
I'm dying.
January 27, 2014, 10:52:40 AM
This is fucking retarded and the admins or posters that support it are stupid

The spam here is bad, but restricting it this way just shows how little you guys understand

1.) There are so many of these stupid threads that it is very hard to have a discussion on any non-spam-giveaway thread topic because the giveaway threads take up the whole page and people post in them every 5 seconds keeping them at the top.

Use search function. There's something called ''bookmark'' as well.

2.) Many of the giveaways don't deliver what they promise.

The fact that people do fake giveaways doesn't affect me at all. I always deliver.

3.) If it hasn't happened already, someone is BOUND to start using this as a platform to make a malware-infected wallet, do a "giveaway," and get thousands of suckers to download it just to get a few free coins.

I never advertise coins I haven't heard of. I'm always doing research before I start promoting something. Wouldn't try to infect anyone and lose my reputation in this forum.

At first I did a few giveaways and thought it was an interesting concept, but when I saw that crap that is going on now... like these tards demanding that posters vote them onto cryptsy or give them a referral, and all the ones where people didn't even actually get the giveaway funds... it has become a shit pit let's be frank.

Stop insulting people with such names. You're nothing better than those people who infect other users.

Giveaway threads are not needed to market and promote a new currency and guess what - anyways we would be WAY BETTER OFF if they STOPPED RELEASING A NEW DAMN CRYPTOCURRENCY every day.

You lost it here. I bet you never got Kinder Egg for free in the super markets when you were a kid. ( I DID! ha )
"STOPPED RELEASING A NEW DAMN CRYPTOCURRENCY every day.'' Oh, you've created so many coins in the past.
Oh, bad inglais, sorry.
Activity: 798
LIR Dev. www.letitride.io
January 27, 2014, 10:46:17 AM
Think it's a good idea. I've been trying to research a few of the alt currencies and it's a nightmare sifting through all the giveaway threads.
There's a ''search'' function. Use it : )
Smiley You're one of the worst spammers on here at the moment. Maybe they will set up a subforum, you could try sending theymos a donation Wink
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
January 27, 2014, 10:40:22 AM
Altcoin subforum has useful information. Altcoin subforum is heavily populated by giveaway threads, reducing usefulness of subforum to those without desire for $.00005 worth of NewAltCoin.

This.

Im here primarily for the altcoin section, but the giveaways for trivial amounts of today's NewAltCoin don't have much value and make it substantially harder to get to the useful posts in the AltCoin section.

For all the people who want the giveaways - have you noticed that its the same people on everyone?  And that those people will know about your coin anyway?  It's a preaching to the choir situation.  If someone sees a giveaway, they've very likely seem the announcement and know about your coin.

An [ANN]  thread really is all the promo needed on BitCoinTalk -- you'd  get more results putting your promo efforts just about anywhere else on the intertubes.

Activity: 182
January 27, 2014, 10:40:02 AM
This is fucking retarded and the admins or posters that support it are stupid

The spam here is bad, but restricting it this way just shows how little you guys understand

1.) There are so many of these stupid threads that it is very hard to have a discussion on any non-spam-giveaway thread topic because the giveaway threads take up the whole page and people post in them every 5 seconds keeping them at the top.

2.) Many of the giveaways don't deliver what they promise.

3.) If it hasn't happened already, someone is BOUND to start using this as a platform to make a malware-infected wallet, do a "giveaway," and get thousands of suckers to download it just to get a few free coins.

At first I did a few giveaways and thought it was an interesting concept, but when I saw that crap that is going on now... like these tards demanding that posters vote them onto cryptsy or give them a referral, and all the ones where people didn't even actually get the giveaway funds... it has become a shit pit let's be frank.

Giveaway threads are not needed to market and promote a new currency and guess what - anyways we would be WAY BETTER OFF if they STOPPED RELEASING A NEW DAMN CRYPTOCURRENCY every day.
Activity: 798
LIR Dev. www.letitride.io
January 27, 2014, 10:38:22 AM
Think it's a good idea. I've been trying to research a few of the alt currencies and it's a nightmare sifting through all the giveaway threads.
No. Moving giveaways to a new subforum is a good idea. Killing them is rejecting their promotion and marketing, and that's not a good idea.
There's a lot more to marketing than giveaways, the boards are too clogged with them. I wouldn't mind a separate subforum but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen any time soon.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
January 27, 2014, 10:22:33 AM
I think this is a very bad idea and I do not support it. I personally feel as though giveaways are very important to altcoins and deserve their own subforum. Please reconsider or at least let the community vote to decide the outcome.

Thank you
Activity: 203
January 27, 2014, 10:22:27 AM
Another angle to consider for the profiteering part of the yay-voters here is that 99.9% of these altcoins are directed towards BTC-turnover and trade, some of which comes from direct $$$ put into BTC for acquiring another altcoin. Promoting altcoins promotes BTC. There's something fundamentally backwards about forbidding people to share resources.
I'm dying.
January 27, 2014, 10:15:32 AM
There's a ''search'' function. Use it : )
Pages:
Jump to: