Pages:
Author

Topic: Giveaway threads are not allowed - page 39. (Read 898687 times)

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
ADT developer
January 27, 2014, 10:46:34 PM
People don't seem to understand. Essentially we are saying, we don't want your coin spam here. Take it to your own forums, Bitcointalk doesn't cater to thousands of threads about *insert coin*. We aren't motivated to keep the conversation here, so a vote wont do anything, we are trying to get you to take your conversations elsewhere.

People that are saying, FIX IT OR WE WILL LEAVE! thats kind of our intentions. Obviously we don't want people to leave the bitcoin discussion here, but we do want you to take the majority of your altcoin discussion elsewhere. This is Bitcointalk, it can't handle the alt coin discussion volume for 600 different coins, so we are asking that you take it to your own forums.

KeyserSozeMC, we are trying to get people to do exactly what you are doing. Creating your own forums for giveaways like you are doing, I actually really appreciate it.

The main point here that is irritating that people are ignoring, if we don't cut down the post spam, IE hundreds of thousands of posts of people just pasting their addresses, we will lose the entire section. I for one would like to keep the Alt Currency section, however people seem to be ignoring the fact that creating a giveaway subforum wont help. We want the excess spam off of Bitcointalk, not just jammed in a different corner.

why not make it so each coin is aloud 1 ANN thread 1 general thread and 1 giveaway thread ?

if you want to clean up the altcoins section you have stuck your self in the corner as altcoins needs giveaways but they have everything else here
that they need

if you want people to take it to there own forum you need to remove everything other than coin ANN threads until that happens everyone has 0 incentive to move of the forum

what I can do is offer everyone a Free forum under a sub domain of www.altcointalk.co.uk it donations would be nice but not necessary

I can also make people a dedicated section for there coin on altcointalk

plans to relaunch the site were meant to be in a few weeks but I can bring that forward  

Activity: 826
see my profile
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
January 27, 2014, 10:10:19 PM
Not a good idea! Sad
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
January 27, 2014, 09:19:45 PM
managing a large forum is a thankless job, so a big thanks for this.  

I appreciate the altcoin forums being hosted here as it got me into scrypt mining in the first place.  however long they stay here, i'm happy to read and participate.

However, the conduct and signal:noise is completely different in the altcoin subfora than the rest of the site.  The useless crap that's spewing out of this forum means i can't even read the altcoin forum anymore for information, which is why i came here in the first place.  I can only imagine what users that have been here for years think about the shitty spam-spewing altcoin forum, or the shitty users that inhabit it (like me!)

lots of people in this thread should check whatever entitlement they think they have at the door.   This forum has close to a quarter million members, and anybody that thinks admins that run this site are lazy or bored has lost the plot.  

I agree entirely with this. I recently ran some giveaways myself to help get the word out about VTC and although I can appreciate not being able to do them here does limit the exposure new coins can get, I can understand the reasoning behind stopping them.
legendary
Activity: 1022
January 27, 2014, 08:32:48 PM
I'm really sorry to see this.  As a newbie the main way I learned about alt coins were these forums and the giveaways were great.  I can see bringing the hammer if they were not being restricted to this forum but a total ban?  Seems counter-intuitive - too many people liked it so you are banning it?

Your forum your rules.
EFS
staff
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2065
Crypto Swap Exchange
January 27, 2014, 08:31:21 PM
Thank you theymos.
Activity: 448
electroneum.com
January 27, 2014, 08:15:07 PM
The problem is they feel altcoins hurt them and they THINK they are better because they focus on a REAL coin! You can sense it between every word. They are shooting themselves in the foot. You see this stuff everyday. I thought bitcoin people were different. Just another day I guess.... "why are they fighting ME" lol

I don't like giveaways myself, I don't care about them. The thing is others DO like them. It doesn't hurt me if others like giveaways. Oh, and don't complain either or your whole section will be gone. lol

I thought bitcoin would be around forever. I hope it is. I've been telling everyone I can about it. I just pray the people who were at that meeting in Miami think differently than this, or my beloved bitcoin will be another myspace.

Those with the power need to remember this: There will always be someone ahead of you, and always someone behind you. You are defined by how you treat the one behind you, much more than how you treat the one in front of you.

I'll say this again. Your boss is the one that promotes you, but it's those who are under you that fire you. Think about that when you think a shitcoin is worthless. It's tied to you. Wake up! Pushing it away will be your destruction.

Don't be the one in two years that says they got a bad hand (damn shitcoins). It's your choice if you win or lose with the hands you were dealt. You must be more wise. IMHO of course. Sure it will feel cleaner in the site, but at what cost??

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I'm dying.
January 27, 2014, 08:14:34 PM
rate allready crashing

fuckng genius these people

you harm bitcoin more than chinese did
BTC's price isn't crashing cause of this thread..

Just saying..
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
January 27, 2014, 08:09:19 PM
rate allready crashing

You can make uninteligent speculation here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=57.0
legendary
Activity: 910
January 27, 2014, 08:06:59 PM
rate allready crashing

you harm bitcoin more than chinese did
legendary
January 27, 2014, 08:05:34 PM
Where´s the problem?

Giveaways= PROMOTIONS

Promotions and spam for hundreds of coins that the Bitcoin forums has to deal with, despite it being a Bitcoin forum and not a *insert coin* forum.

this will kill bitcoin..

Only if we are lucky. If Bitcoin can be killed by removing Alt Coin giveaways from an unaffiliated forum, its best that we lose it now.
legendary
Activity: 910
January 27, 2014, 08:05:26 PM
this will kill bitcoin..you will see bitcoin crash to 300 usd
Activity: 284
January 27, 2014, 08:00:05 PM
Where´s the problem?

Giveaways= PROMOTIONS
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
January 27, 2014, 07:43:42 PM
Not really pertaining to giveaways but just curious how much did the volume increase after the newbie jail rules were changed
Sensing a lot ran into giveaways
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127
January 27, 2014, 07:42:22 PM
People don't seem to understand. Essentially we are saying, we don't want your coin spam here. Take it to your own forums, Bitcointalk doesn't cater to thousands of threads about *insert coin*. We aren't motivated to keep the conversation here, so a vote wont do anything, we are trying to get you to take your conversations elsewhere.

People that are saying, FIX IT OR WE WILL LEAVE! thats kind of our intentions. Obviously we don't want people to leave the bitcoin discussion here, but we do want you to take the majority of your altcoin discussion elsewhere. This is Bitcointalk, it can't handle the alt coin discussion volume for 600 different coins, so we are asking that you take it to your own forums.

KeyserSozeMC, we are trying to get people to do exactly what you are doing. Creating your own forums for giveaways like you are doing, I actually really appreciate it.

The main point here that is irritating that people are ignoring, if we don't cut down the post spam, IE hundreds of thousands of posts of people just pasting their addresses, we will lose the entire section. I for one would like to keep the Alt Currency section, however people seem to be ignoring the fact that creating a giveaway subforum wont help. We want the excess spam off of Bitcointalk, not just jammed in a different corner.

From the original post in this thread: "Similar threads are already restricted to Games and Rounds in the non-altcoin sections, but the giveaway-related post volume is so high in the altcoin sections that I've decided to just ban them entirely here."

We don't want spam, but we allow spam elsewhere in a specific section for the spam, but we won't make a spam section here because we don't want spam.

I just love this logic......

You don't see the difference in giveaway spam for one coin that this forum was created for, and giveaway spam for 600 separate altcoins? Can't really help you if you don't.
legendary
January 27, 2014, 07:41:50 PM
From the original post in this thread: "Similar threads are already restricted to Games and Rounds in the non-altcoin sections, but the giveaway-related post volume is so high in the altcoin sections that I've decided to just ban them entirely here."

We don't want spam, but we allow spam elsewhere in a specific section for the spam, but we won't make a spam section here because we don't want spam.

The volume of Giveaway spam is literally thousands of times greater than the Bitcoin giveaways in the games and rounds section. I don't know why people are fighting me on this one, I've been the alt coin mod for over a year, if anyone has a soft spot for alts its me, but I'm just getting insanely frustrated that people are willing to keep up this argument. Rather than, ok if we have to get rid of Giveaways to keep the Alt Coin section alright. People are fighting me on it, saying, no I would like to keep giveaways, while doing so losing the entire Alt Coin section, Giveaways included...

This is a Bitcoin forum. The Alt Coin section is so that you can post a few important things for your coin, and then direct the rest of the traffic to your own forum. I don't see whats so evil about not being happy about having alt coin conversation overwhelming everything else. There is a solution, and its one that we have wanted all along. Compile extensive information about your coins, on their own forums.
Activity: 308
Merit: 292
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
January 27, 2014, 07:34:38 PM

Activity: 61
Merit: 10
January 27, 2014, 07:20:59 PM
If alt coin giveaways are forbiden, I am more than willing to accept any amount of BTCs (pls ceil your numbers) :p
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
January 27, 2014, 07:19:10 PM
bullshit coins DIE now cuz giveaways banned  Cool Cool best thing that happend on bitcointalk ever  Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
January 27, 2014, 07:16:25 PM
Not sure how I feel about this.

On the one hand Giveaways are good for advertising your coin while spreading the wealth around, but on the other defunct giveaways went unlocked with people constantly posting causing spam.

Wouldn't it be better to monitor and lock what can be considered dead giveaways, rather then just flat out ban them?

Yeah the dead giveaways where a nuisance - they should be locked indeed.

I wanted to update my giveaway thread a minute ago but got locked in the last 10 minutes Sad Not even giving me time to update new URL!!!!

This is not a nice way of doing business - plugging everything SO SUDDEN Sad

Again, more baaaad karma - at least let me update the thread!!

devnullius
Pages:
Jump to: