Pages:
Author

Topic: Giveaway threads are not allowed - page 40. (Read 898465 times)

legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
January 27, 2014, 07:13:39 PM
their server cant handle 600 users
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
January 27, 2014, 07:10:37 PM
Seems like a good idea. It was getting out of control and it's encouraging them even more to create and market 1000000 new cryptos that just saturate the market...

Lots of peoples, big potential, just censored. And it's a good idea ?

Why not a subforum ?

And what's about giving away the 6k of donations peoples did to you to get a nice forum ? Peoples asking for giveaway threads that's why there is a lot. So we gave 6k to get pulled out ?

We need organisation, it's to easy to just forbid.

I agree! Not a smart move. Put in a separate board. You're the first forum NOT happy with active users!!

Reading the rest of the comments now...

Bad karma Sad
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
January 27, 2014, 07:09:06 PM
People don't seem to understand. Essentially we are saying, we don't want your coin spam here. Take it to your own forums, Bitcointalk doesn't cater to thousands of threads about *insert coin*. We aren't motivated to keep the conversation here, so a vote wont do anything, we are trying to get you to take your conversations elsewhere.

People that are saying, FIX IT OR WE WILL LEAVE! thats kind of our intentions. Obviously we don't want people to leave the bitcoin discussion here, but we do want you to take the majority of your altcoin discussion elsewhere. This is Bitcointalk, it can't handle the alt coin discussion volume for 600 different coins, so we are asking that you take it to your own forums.

KeyserSozeMC, we are trying to get people to do exactly what you are doing. Creating your own forums for giveaways like you are doing, I actually really appreciate it.

The main point here that is irritating that people are ignoring, if we don't cut down the post spam, IE hundreds of thousands of posts of people just pasting their addresses, we will lose the entire section. I for one would like to keep the Alt Currency section, however people seem to be ignoring the fact that creating a giveaway subforum wont help. We want the excess spam off of Bitcointalk, not just jammed in a different corner.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Retired from the mistressing business
January 27, 2014, 07:01:51 PM
DdOS - great - very mature. Can't you just start your own site for giveaways?
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
January 27, 2014, 06:56:02 PM
thanks to idiotic rules!

heard that this site is gonna be DDoSed soon
legendary
Activity: 997
Merit: 1002
Gamdom.com
January 27, 2014, 06:48:06 PM
The Alt section is much better without all the giveaway spam.
Activity: 160
January 27, 2014, 06:43:51 PM

Not sure how I feel about this.

On the one hand Giveaways are good for advertising your coin while spreading the wealth around, but on the other defunct giveaways went unlocked with people constantly posting causing spam.

Wouldn't it be better to monitor and lock what can be considered dead giveaways, rather then just flat out ban them?

Its the active ones that are providing the spam. People should post their coin announcements here, to get attention and lead people to their own forums where they can have as many giveaways as they like.

But that goes completely against what I've been seeing. Many of the ones that are constantly spamming the forum are month old giveaways that people keep bumping because they see it unlocked.

The main issue I see is the complete lack of moderation, for instance even scams under the guise of giveaways have been left up even though numerous users have reported losing coins due to it while others found trojans in the fake wallet they were distributing. This brings up the point that who knows where people will send people looking for free coins. Most forums require some kind of account leading to the potential of passwords and the such being stolen.

Users are also to blame for this as well. We have to many people simply posting in giveaway threads nonstop even if they were no longer giving out coins.

The main question is why would you simply blanket-ban everything instead of doing something that will probably require a lot less work in the long run ie make a giveaway subforum just as we have an announcement subforum?

(Also in reality you have just created more spam with people who will make countless threads about getting giveaways back)
Activity: 452
Merit: 250
January 27, 2014, 06:37:33 PM
It doesn't make sense to me to ban Giveaway threads. If you don't like the Giveaway threads cluttering up the forum, it takes what? 30 seconds to create a sub forum?
Activity: 210
January 27, 2014, 06:32:43 PM
Mods are digging a grave for this forum with this move!
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I'm dying.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127
January 27, 2014, 06:15:25 PM
I didn't vote.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I'm dying.
January 27, 2014, 06:05:51 PM
At the very least why not let the community vote and decide?

Vote? Reminds me of a quote I read on a gun forum I frequent.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch."

If thats democracy then communism is a big bad bear telling the two wolves to go eat grass for lunch. See what I did there Wink. All jokes a side, lets find a better solution. At least a vote allows everyone to have a say. Why not?

There's a poll here. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/petitionpoll-make-new-section-for-giveawaystasks-434671 People voting are motivated by greed though so it's kind of a useless poll. People who don't want to see giveaways don't need to do anything, it's already done, no need for them to vote. The only ones who would vote would be the ones who disagree.
I believe you voted yes.
Activity: 126
Retired from the mistressing business
January 27, 2014, 06:03:40 PM
I'm glad you've made this decision theymos - it will vastly improve the signal to noise ratio of this forum.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
January 27, 2014, 06:03:04 PM
woah - I've loved being part of this community of coiners. But this really threw me.

I've learned alot about coins just by giveaways.

Please someone tell me where I can go for more if it's banned here.
Activity: 210
January 27, 2014, 06:02:51 PM
MODS sorry but this is NOT GOOD!
Giveaway threads were large part of making this forum more active and promote coins

PLEASE CHANGE BACK TO HOW IT WAS!
Activity: 182
January 27, 2014, 06:02:17 PM
Stupid norm
Activity: 308
Merit: 292
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
January 27, 2014, 05:56:09 PM
What you are going to end up with is people commenting on forum posts for a coin about getting their coins from a giveaway linked to in the original post. Completely worthless posts that instead of being contained in a giveaway thread will waste space in the main coin thread.

Just make the subforum.

Alternate cryptocurrencies already got its subforums so that not being possible really can't be used an excuse anymore.

Either allow this segment of the forums to grow or delete it entirely to keep the site all about bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
January 27, 2014, 05:54:51 PM
Are giveaways as part of an announcement-thread still allowed?

No, it promotes spam, it's detrimental to actual discussion, and brings nothing at all of value to the forum. It's never been allowed on the forum in general, they are restricted to games and rounds. Alt currencies was different because there was no games and rounds/giveaway forum. I've thought about this as well but didn't care enough to do anything about it, but since theymos did, I support it fully. Y'all need to stop spamming the forum before the whole alt currencies section gets deleted, it's getting to be more trouble than it's worth. I liked the alt currencies section once upon a time, but it's completely and utterly worthless at the moment because of all the spam.

TLDR If your announcement thread has a giveaway in it, it will be locked.

what about premine coin? it's all about giveaway lol

They can still do giveaways, just not here.

i mean a coin called "premine" PMC

Why does it have to be a requirement to post on a forum to receive it?

because you cannot mine it, it's already 100% premined, and work around distribution between users
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127
January 27, 2014, 05:42:54 PM
Are giveaways as part of an announcement-thread still allowed?

No, it promotes spam, it's detrimental to actual discussion, and brings nothing at all of value to the forum. It's never been allowed on the forum in general, they are restricted to games and rounds. Alt currencies was different because there was no games and rounds/giveaway forum. I've thought about this as well but didn't care enough to do anything about it, but since theymos did, I support it fully. Y'all need to stop spamming the forum before the whole alt currencies section gets deleted, it's getting to be more trouble than it's worth. I liked the alt currencies section once upon a time, but it's completely and utterly worthless at the moment because of all the spam.

TLDR If your announcement thread has a giveaway in it, it will be locked.

what about premine coin? it's all about giveaway lol

They can still do giveaways, just not here.

i mean a coin called "premine" PMC

Why does it have to be a requirement to post on a forum to receive it?
Pages:
Jump to: