Pages:
Author

Topic: Giveaway threads are not allowed - page 41. (Read 898626 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127
January 27, 2014, 05:40:33 PM
At the very least why not let the community vote and decide?

Vote? Reminds me of a quote I read on a gun forum I frequent.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch."

If thats democracy then communism is a big bad bear telling the two wolves to go eat grass for lunch. See what I did there Wink. All jokes a side, lets find a better solution. At least a vote allows everyone to have a say. Why not?

There's a poll here. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/petitionpoll-make-new-section-for-giveawaystasks-434671 People voting are motivated by greed though so it's kind of a useless poll. People who don't want to see giveaways don't need to do anything, it's already done, no need for them to vote. The only ones who would vote would be the ones who disagree.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
January 27, 2014, 05:40:05 PM
Yes, some coins created now are 100% pre-mine and are given out equally to so many people (first 1000 or whatever). It's a pretty nifty idea really, something different anyway.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
January 27, 2014, 05:37:31 PM
Are giveaways as part of an announcement-thread still allowed?

No, it promotes spam, it's detrimental to actual discussion, and brings nothing at all of value to the forum. It's never been allowed on the forum in general, they are restricted to games and rounds. Alt currencies was different because there was no games and rounds/giveaway forum. I've thought about this as well but didn't care enough to do anything about it, but since theymos did, I support it fully. Y'all need to stop spamming the forum before the whole alt currencies section gets deleted, it's getting to be more trouble than it's worth. I liked the alt currencies section once upon a time, but it's completely and utterly worthless at the moment because of all the spam.

TLDR If your announcement thread has a giveaway in it, it will be locked.

what about premine coin? it's all about giveaway lol

They can still do giveaways, just not here.

i mean a coin called "premine" PMC
legendary
January 27, 2014, 05:37:04 PM

No, it promotes spam, it's detrimental to actual discussion, and brings nothing at all of value to the forum. It's never been allowed on the forum in general, they are restricted to games and rounds. Alt currencies was different because there was no games and rounds/giveaway forum. I've thought about this as well but didn't care enough to do anything about it, but since theymos did, I support it fully. Y'all need to stop spamming the forum before the whole alt currencies section gets deleted, it's getting to be more trouble than it's worth. I liked the alt currencies section once upon a time, but it's completely and utterly worthless at the moment because of all the spam.

They can still do giveaways, just not here.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I'm dying.
January 27, 2014, 05:34:26 PM

wtf

all I've seen from you are attempts to troll and show that you're above everyone.

People make this forum, not wannabe trolls with mod status

Just trying to make the point that voting is a terrible way of deciding things. If you just wanna call me a troll then knock yourself out, been called worse Wink, but at least make another thread for it.  
Not going to waste my time with you. You're not worth of my time.

Just trying to understand who's in charge here. I see that you're not obviously, with such attitude.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
January 27, 2014, 05:34:12 PM

If thats democracy then communism is a big bad bear telling the two wolves to go eat grass for lunch. See what I did there Wink. All jokes a side, lets find a better solution. At least a vote allows everyone to have a say. Why not?
Activity: 448
electroneum.com
January 27, 2014, 05:32:35 PM
Let's see here.

Giveaways are the first thing someone new to cryptos go to. They like to see an actual coin go into their wallet. It's a new concept to them and they want to test it.

Then they get some free coins, and then they want to buy a coin they choose.

Now, no matter what coin they choose, guess which coin they have to buy???

DING DING

BITCOIN!!!

I see that happydays episode now. wow. and not a DOGE wow

But a real WOW!!
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
January 27, 2014, 05:32:21 PM

Activity: 266
Crypto Enthusiast
January 27, 2014, 05:27:49 PM
OOh, Sorry I didn't know that Giveaways are not available anymore.
Is there a specific section of this forum where we are allowed to make giveaways?
electroneum.com
January 27, 2014, 05:26:34 PM

Jeez, where are you from? I don't always think votes are the best in some situations, but damn thats a horrible quote
legendary
January 27, 2014, 05:21:15 PM

wtf

all I've seen from you are attempts to troll and show that you're above everyone.

Just trying to make the point that voting is a terrible way of deciding things. If you just wanna call me a troll then knock yourself out, been called worse Wink, but at least make another thread for it.  
electroneum.com
January 27, 2014, 05:20:47 PM
Please don't ban me for saying this but...

Bitcointalk.org just jumped the shark IMO

anytime you turn things away because they are "not good enough" you will lose in the end.

For clarity, I love bitcointalk.org, and it should be proud to have helped spawn "altcoins". (no matter how bad some are)

To say, "this is BITCOIN" and youre lucky we didn't ban Altcoins isn't very wise at all. Think big picture.

Altcoins don't hurt Bitcoin, until you pit it against them.

Just remember, you heard it here first

And don't say this is about spam, just don't. You were honest the first time
Activity: 742
I'm dying.
January 27, 2014, 05:11:28 PM

wtf

legendary
January 27, 2014, 05:03:52 PM

Activity: 252
January 27, 2014, 04:53:35 PM
While I'll agree that the altcoin subforum needs to be more organized, I think this is completely the wrong way to go about doing it. I also think the "get over it" attitude will further inflame the situation and push many users to competing forums. It's to be expected after allowing giveaways for so long then locking/banning users on such short notice. I can't help but think this could have been handled a lot better. From my understanding the altcoin section was added due to that fact it caused spam within the main forum. To combat this the altcoin subforum was born. Why not do the same now, why can't we create a subforum for giveaways to tiddy up things? Wouldn't that be easier than upsetting users or driving them to other forums? If you're afraid it will just cause the new subforum to be spammed then why was an altcoin subforum created in the first place? Besides to remedy the spam of course? The only other thing I can think of is because it increased traffic. Wouldn't this be the exact same reasons to create a subforum just for giveaways? I personally could live with or without giveaways but I feel like this is a little extreme. At the very least why not let the community vote and decide?
Activity: 798
January 27, 2014, 04:27:07 PM
Just create a subforum for giveaway threads
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
January 27, 2014, 04:21:36 PM
Love it  Kiss thnx

Activity: 140
January 27, 2014, 04:19:36 PM
I just noticed now all the threads being closed. I think it would be nice just to have a giveaways section so it would make the forum more tidy as opposed to banning them as many of us wouldn't get to know of all the coins and the giveaways are incentives for peeps like me who don't mine to get the word out on our social sites for the new coins as we never know what coin will last the whole hog and it is a bit of fun too. Just my 2 bit. Grin Grin

+1    A separate section  (That doesn't contribute to post count) would be a good solution.

I actually do agree that having the altcurrency section cluttered with giveaways was kind of dumb.
Activity: 344
January 27, 2014, 03:56:51 PM
This sucks. Everybody should have a chance for free coins.
Activity: 350
Bitcointalk.org
January 27, 2014, 03:50:31 PM
I just noticed now all the threads being closed. I think it would be nice just to have a giveaways section so it would make the forum more tidy as opposed to banning them as many of us wouldn't get to know of all the coins and the giveaways are incentives for peeps like me who don't mine to get the word out on our social sites for the new coins as we never know what coin will last the whole hog and it is a bit of fun too. Just my 2 bit. Grin Grin

it seems pretty obvious that the 'some people' that are complaining about it are heavily invested in BTC, and with the slump in BTC price the last couple months, I would imagine they are blaming it on so called 'shitcoins' (their word for them, not mine) that are catching the attention of new investors - thus SEEMINGLY hurting BTC value, most of realize that new coins that draw more and more people to cryptocoins helps everyone, but a very loud few are only worried about their precious BTC price... all the while slinging mud and saying that new coin devs are only here to pump and dump their own coins... it's f'ing ironic isn't it??
Pages:
Jump to: