Pages:
Author

Topic: Giveaway threads are not allowed - page 46. (Read 869196 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I'm dying.
January 27, 2014, 08:17:04 AM
Good to see the giveaways go. Many of them were just attention-grabber anyways, rather than actually giving away coins.
Just look at the DogeCoin giveaway thread by FORKPOOL. It has 1228 posts and not even a few people have been paid.
Those are fake giveaways. I'm one of few who actually make giveaways.

sgk
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
!! HODL !!
January 27, 2014, 08:15:47 AM
Good to see the giveaways go. Many of them were just attention-grabber anyways, rather than actually giving away coins.
Just look at the DogeCoin giveaway thread by FORKPOOL. It has 1228 posts and not even a few people have been paid.
I'm dying.
January 27, 2014, 08:11:09 AM
I agree with the decision, please, the point of the Alt Coin section of Bitcointalk was so that you could have basic conversation about whatever coins you wanted here. Things like in depth coin support and discussion, and giveaways are far better off on their own respective coin's forum. Its getting way out of control here, and we thought that just allowing for a little bit organization would help, but the effects of incentivized posting is spamming the forum, and its spilling over to the rest of the boards.

Seems like a good idea. It was getting out of control and it's encouraging them even more to create and market 1000000 new cryptos that just saturate the market...

Lots of peoples, big potential, just censored. And it's a good idea ?

Why not a subforum ?

And what's about giving away the 6k of donations peoples did to you to get a nice forum ? Peoples asking for giveaway threads that's why there is a lot. So we gave 6k to get pulled out ?

Bitcoin forum
, people donated for a Bitcoin forum. Many of those people want Alt Coins gone entirely from Bitcointalk. The Altcoin section was made essentially as an off topic section, to group all non bitcoin crypto currencies in one place that is out of the way from the Bitcoin discussion. The spam is overwhelming the entire forum.
Then remove the altcoin subforums if that's so.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
January 27, 2014, 08:10:22 AM
Complaining about having a lot of active users is the most ridiculous thing ever. Most websites/forums wish they had this many active users. Using an entirely new forum for each altcoin does not work, since everything will get way to scattered then.

That is why I think banning giveaways is not a good idea at all. It is a good way to gather some interest for a new coin. It is also a good way to get some coins to start with if you are late with mining.

I think you should just make a subforum for giveaways, that will not be included in the recent threads list, if that's what's bothering you.
legendary
Activity: 1410
Merit: 1003
Bagholder. Hodling shit since 2014
January 27, 2014, 08:05:57 AM
Why not to make a special subforum for giveaways? It will be good for everyone.
I'm dying.
January 27, 2014, 08:02:49 AM
Most giveaway threads are no longer allowed in the Alternate cryptocurrencies sections. From now on, posting or replying to such threads could result in being banned. Existing threads will be locked.

Specifically, you are not allowed to give people any incentive to post insubstantial posts in your threads. You can't offer to pay people who post their addresses, usernames, etc. You can do giveaways off-site and link to the giveaway page in a thread, but you can't give people any bonus for replying to your thread.

Similar threads are already restricted to Games and Rounds in the non-altcoin sections, but the giveaway-related post volume is so high in the altcoin sections that I've decided to just ban them entirely here.
Wait.

I've brought more than 500 people in this forum with my twitter giveaways.
What I'm supposed to do now? Tell them BCT owner doesn't like giveaways?

I'm sending a lot of traffic here. Either make a new subforum for forums or find a solution.
Get a new HDD/SSD just for that section, if that's the problem. I'll pay the cost.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/giveawaytips-thisweekscoin-got-twitter-get-1000-tips-434542

I'm not 'paying' them to bump my topic, I'm giving them coins for tasks.

EDIT: From now on I'll name my topics [TASK], instead of [Giveaway].
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Joined primedice 18-02-2014/249 posts
January 27, 2014, 07:28:45 AM
Sincerely sub forum for giveaway would be nice, asking them to link the giveaway to external website could make you to loose traffics overtime because this site importance will be reducing.
2. Punishing the thread starter is fair enough but punishing people that reply is not fair because some giveaway offers could be very tempting, if you dont see it you will not take it.

Just my candid opinion.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 568
January 27, 2014, 07:02:36 AM
Has this rule been carried out now?

I still saw a lot of giveaways.. Grin Grin
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
January 27, 2014, 05:18:10 AM
so they are not allowed even in the non giveaway thread? like inside the coin ann thread?

and what about a coin named "premine" is based only on giveaway lol

can't we just open a giveaway sub-forum?
RJX
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
umachit.fund
January 27, 2014, 04:37:22 AM
Yeah that got out of hand pretty quick didn't it.
Apologies to all for my participation in such giveaways.

Here's to some intelligent discussion.

I second that emotion, it did get out of hand and I must admit greed overtook me at times.

Good call.

Are giveaways as part of an announcement-thread still allowed?

legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000
January 27, 2014, 04:33:41 AM
Could we ban IPO threads as well  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
January 27, 2014, 04:31:14 AM
Someone should just buy (or rent) the Altcoin subforum off the site owners and have the forum just 'link' to it (it could even be hosted on a completely different domain).  That way the current site admins wouldnt need to manage it and the new forum 'owners' could manage and even sub-forum it as they see fit.

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
ADT developer
January 27, 2014, 03:18:48 AM
completely doing away with giveaways is not the best idea I think that each coin should be aloud 1 official giveaway thread and that's all

if I put that coins would be given away in a coin ANN thread people would start spamming there addresses there

I like the idea but I don't think its well planed out unless the long term goal is to just have 1 ANN thread for each coin then it would make sense to totally ban giveaways other than that it would be better to allow 1 giveaway per coin and if its not locked when done with you get a warning from the mods
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
January 27, 2014, 03:15:16 AM
Yeah that got out of hand pretty quick didn't it.
Apologies to all for my participation in such giveaways.

Here's to some intelligent discussion.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
January 27, 2014, 03:05:33 AM
Well it was getting crowded in there so can see the logic would like a safe area for Giveaways instead of the off chance of a phishing redirect but that's something someone can make
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
January 27, 2014, 03:05:21 AM

Don't see why they want this, I mean if peoples don't go out the alt section, where is the problem ?
It's 1 forums against more than 10 others and it's one of the more dynamic ...
All alts are bitcoin (NXT is the exception ?) based, so they are part of bitcoin and they have a spot here. If it's a bitcoin forum here, the bitcoin childrens should be accepted.

I call for organisation instead of censorship.

Check the meta section, there is far more request for the Alt Coin section to be eliminated all together because of things like how the Alt Coin section spams up the recent posts lists, and spreads out into the other sections, primarily Bitcoin mining/hardware, the economy sections, and the newbie section. There is a very very simple solution that has been recommended the entire time. Use your own coin's forum primarily, and the Alt coin section here as a secondary source. Giveaway threads are restricted to games and rounds for the rest of the forum so that they don't take away from the rest of the forum. Giveaway threads in the Alt coin section gum up the works.

Not sure how I feel about this.

On the one hand Giveaways are good for advertising your coin while spreading the wealth around, but on the other defunct giveaways went unlocked with people constantly posting causing spam.

Wouldn't it be better to monitor and lock what can be considered dead giveaways, rather then just flat out ban them?

Its the active ones that are providing the spam. People should post their coin announcements here, to get attention and lead people to their own forums where they can have as many giveaways as they like.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124
Invest in your knowledge
January 27, 2014, 03:00:27 AM
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030
January 27, 2014, 02:57:02 AM
Good news. Thank you.
Activity: 160
Merit: 100
January 27, 2014, 02:56:32 AM
Not sure how I feel about this.

On the one hand Giveaways are good for advertising your coin while spreading the wealth around, but on the other defunct giveaways went unlocked with people constantly posting causing spam.

Wouldn't it be better to monitor and lock what can be considered dead giveaways, rather then just flat out ban them?
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
January 27, 2014, 02:55:15 AM
I agree with the decision, please, the point of the Alt Coin section of Bitcointalk was so that you could have basic conversation about whatever coins you wanted here. Things like in depth coin support and discussion, and giveaways are far better off on their own respective coin's forum. Its getting way out of control here, and we thought that just allowing for a little bit organization would help, but the effects of incentivized posting is spamming the forum, and its spilling over to the rest of the boards.

Seems like a good idea. It was getting out of control and it's encouraging them even more to create and market 1000000 new cryptos that just saturate the market...

Lots of peoples, big potential, just censored. And it's a good idea ?

Why not a subforum ?

And what's about giving away the 6k of donations peoples did to you to get a nice forum ? Peoples asking for giveaway threads that's why there is a lot. So we gave 6k to get pulled out ?

Bitcoin forum
, people donated for a Bitcoin forum. Many of those people want Alt Coins gone entirely from Bitcointalk. The Altcoin section was made essentially as an off topic section, to group all non bitcoin crypto currencies in one place that is out of the way from the Bitcoin discussion. The spam is overwhelming the entire forum.

Don't see why they want this, I mean if peoples don't go out the alt section, where is the problem ?
It's 1 forums against more than 10 others and it's one of the more dynamic ...
All alts are bitcoin (NXT is the exception ?) based, so they are part of bitcoin and they have a spot here. If it's a bitcoin forum here, the bitcoin childrens should be accepted.

I call for organisation instead of censorship.
Pages:
Jump to: