Pages:
Author

Topic: Hashkings Lending,Deposit 1.25% INSURED, ALL PPT ACCOUNTS CLOSING ON 8/19 - page 29. (Read 93741 times)

Activity: 272
Merit: 250
Cryptopreneur
Get in line buddy.  Cheesy

is this guy fo real !! because else i will call jesus on him !   Angry

Maybe jesus did this to you?
Activity: 31
Merit: 0

is this guy fo real !! because else i will call jesus on him !   Angry
Cryptopreneur
Activity: 31
whats going on how come on the site it says "Weekly interest rate: 0%"  and my last interest is been Pending for 3DAYS NOW since the 6th and NOW is saying 0% Whats going on and still locked till "Locked in until: 2012-10-04".

if you cant keep up return my initial payment!

my user name is: mr.someone
Cryptopreneur
You might have better luck contacting an airport.  Cheesy
Activity: 462
I heart thebaron
hashking, can you comment on the fact that you used supposed-INSURANCE FUNDS that were to never be exposed to Pirate or any risk and turned around and INVESTED THEM WITH PIRATE ANYWAY ?

I tried to get a clear answer from you previously, but as you said, you have a life and this is not where you are most of the time.

Please set the record straight, in your own defense, if at all.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005
At least Hashking fessed up, and is trying to make things right. Most people in that situation would just disappear.

I'm not so sure about this. It looks like the exact same stalling tactics that both Pirate and NCKrazze used when their scams fell apart. I suspect the purpose is to diffuse the anger people feel and reduce the risk that someone will go to the trouble and figure out where they live to throw a molotov cocktail through the front window of his house or whatever. Consider that Hashking was probably contemplating and composing his "I'm broke" message for the past several days. It should have been a lot more thorough. All we got was a "mea culpa, I will make it right." If he was sincere about making things right his message would look more like this:

* I fucked up. I apologize from the bottom of my heart.
* Since I am the one that fucked up, I will go to extraordinary lengths to make it right for people whose trust I violated
* I owe xxx amount of bitcoins right now
* I have yyy amount of fiat and zzz amount of bitcoins to pay back my creditors immediately
* I have the following sources of income: (mining, real estate investment, real job, etc)
* I have the following assets: gold, silver, firearms, vehicles, etc..
* I will make my first good faith payment of xxx bitcoins in three days as soon as my money gets to Mt Gox and I can buy some coins
* I'm asking my creditors how I can make this the least shitty for them and am soliciting opinions
* I'm sorry

Instead we got a bunch of vague bullshit about faulty computer hardware returned for a refund with volatile bitcoin prices and so on.

One thing I can say that Hashking did right is that he mentioned a 3 year payment window. This will keep his marks complacent for longer than NCKrazze's and Pirate's, who both promised repayments in days or weeks. By the time his creditors will accept that they were fucked, Hashking's scam will be ancient history, so from a personal safety standpoint this is a smart move for him as it allows their anger to gradually flare out.

We should also ask what motivation an admitted scammer will have three years from now to pay anyone back. To save his "reputation?" His reputation is irreparably damaged at this point.

The only other motivation I can think of if he were going to pay us would be to calm a guilty conscience. But if that were what's driving him, his announcement would have looked more like the outline that I posted above.

CONCLUSION: We're fucked, and Hashking is trying to play us.
i tried to get some info, but got none.
Cryptopreneur
I can't really argue with that. He deserves a shit storm considering what has been happening, and the fact that he claimed the deposits were 100% insured. Which to me basically means the second you can't continue paying me interest i get all my money back instantly. Not a good time to go belly up, and massive withdrawals should have been foreseen considering the pirate situation. It's hard for me to be as angry as some since i had very little on the line. Mostly experimental amounts. That basically happened because i never got a good enough answer on how my deposits are truly guaranteed. So i viewed it more as a gamble with small amounts. Lets see if he follows through.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
rippleFanatic
Activity: 449
At least Hashking fessed up, and is trying to make things right. Most people in that situation would just disappear.

I'm not so sure about this. It looks like the exact same stalling tactics that both Pirate and NCKrazze used when their scams fell apart. I suspect the purpose is to diffuse the anger people feel and reduce the risk that someone will go to the trouble and figure out where they live to throw a molotov cocktail through the front window of his house or whatever. Consider that Hashking was probably contemplating and composing his "I'm broke" message for the past several days. It should have been a lot more thorough. All we got was a "mea culpa, I will make it right." If he was sincere about making things right his message would look more like this:

* I fucked up. I apologize from the bottom of my heart.
* Since I am the one that fucked up, I will go to extraordinary lengths to make it right for people whose trust I violated
* I owe xxx amount of bitcoins right now
* I have yyy amount of fiat and zzz amount of bitcoins to pay back my creditors immediately
* I have the following sources of income: (mining, real estate investment, real job, etc)
* I have the following assets: gold, silver, firearms, vehicles, etc..
* I will make my first good faith payment of xxx bitcoins in three days as soon as my money gets to Mt Gox and I can buy some coins
* I'm asking my creditors how I can make this the least shitty for them and am soliciting opinions
* I'm sorry

Instead we got a bunch of vague bullshit about faulty computer hardware returned for a refund with volatile bitcoin prices and so on.

One thing I can say that Hashking did right is that he mentioned a 3 year payment window. This will keep his marks complacent for longer than NCKrazze's and Pirate's, who both promised repayments in days or weeks. By the time his creditors will accept that they were fucked, Hashking's scam will be ancient history, so from a personal safety standpoint this is a smart move for him as it allows their anger to gradually flare out.

We should also ask what motivation an admitted scammer will have three years from now to pay anyone back. To save his "reputation?" His reputation is irreparably damaged at this point.

The only other motivation I can think of if he were going to pay us would be to calm a guilty conscience. But if that were what's driving him, his announcement would have looked more like the outline that I posted above.

CONCLUSION: We're fucked, and Hashking is trying to play us.
donator
Activity: 1616
Merit: 1003
What's it called when you use deposits from new investors to pay the early investors, and the whole thing collapses when there's no new depositors?  Roll Eyes
Fractional reserve banking?
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
But that would be regulation, and regulation is BAD for the FREE MARKET!

Not sure if trolling.
Activity: 44
If the people in power at this website want to be extra protective, they shouldn't allow certain claims. I don't agree with it, but they should ban anyone from claiming insured, guaranteed, low risk, and using the name bank in there thread info. They should also change the category to high risk unregulated investments. Then maybe people will think twice. I don't think it will change anything and i think it's overdoing it, but maybe it will satisfy the extremists.

But that would be regulation, and regulation is BAD for the FREE MARKET!
Activity: 46
Merit: 1
Well he better start borrowing some US$ now and buying bitcoin while its still cheap.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Wat
If the people in power at this website want to be extra protective, they shouldn't allow certain claims. I don't agree with it, but they should ban anyone from claiming insured, guaranteed, low risk, and using the name bank in there thread info. They should also change the category to high risk unregulated investments. Then maybe people will think twice. I don't think it will change anything and i think it's overdoing it, but maybe it will satisfy the extremists.

No they should move the lending stuff to a whole new TLD. This forum should be about the bitcoin project not high interest investments that may or may not be scams.

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015
Hashking, will you be mining most of the coins or buying on the open market?
Activity: 46
Merit: 1
500+ selling for 400 or nearest offer.
PM me
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Selling HKBTCLending account:

269.23~BTC available for 180BTC.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005
coincidence? or planned together?
Both imsaguy and hashking say it will take 3 years to repay.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012
Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.
If you walk through a bad neighborhood at night with $100 bills sticking out of your pockets and get robbed, you're an idiot for doing that. But a robber who robs people who do stupid things is no better than any other kind of robber.)

But they walk through the neighborhood every night; they get robbed every night.  Eventually, you just have to conclude that they want to be robbed.
I agree, and then to some extent it's their fault there's all these robbers around. But the robbers can't use that excuse. That's my point. "How can you expect us not to be robbers, how can you blame us for robbing, when there's all these easy marks around?" That doesn't fly.

At least Hashking fessed up, and is trying to make things right. Most people in that situation would just disappear. Now lets see if he follows through. This should probably be the que for everyone to pull out all funds from other programs, and start the bank run domino effect.  Cheesy
To some extent, he's also a victim -- ignoring the warnings that his business model couldn't possibly work just as his investors did.
Pages:
Jump to: